Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
An Assistant for the Duchess IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
An Assistant for the Duchess IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
An Assistant for the Duchess IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
An Assistant for the Duchess IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
An Assistant for the Duchess IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

An Assistant for the Duchess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Margaret

Lady Margaret

Humor : The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. ~ Voltaire
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-12

An Assistant for the Duchess Empty
PostSubject: An Assistant for the Duchess   An Assistant for the Duchess IconbTue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Ash was in her office, going over the reports of who had been assessed and who had not. She had yet to get reports from her healers but time was not of the essence and she was patient. All would come to light when the time was right.

Margaret was getting used to being in the tower, learning her way around it, getting to know the staff, and becoming comfortable around the patients when she helped the aides in the most basic tasks. Today, though, she thought perhaps it was time to cement her assignment and employment among the healers, and so made her way to the office of the Duchess, her hand lifting to knock, pausing just before she did. She took a quick, steadying breath, and then let her knuckles rap tentatively against the door.

"Come" Ash looked up from her reports with a smile, expecting to see someone in need of her services.

Her hand lowered, brushing carefully over the full apron that covered the simple gown she wore, it's tie-on sleeves removed for comfort. She pushed the door open and stepped inside, closing it behind her before she turned and curtsied. "Your Grace."

"Ahhhh, Lady Margaret. 'ow verra good tae see ye. I trust ye be findin' yer way around more easily?" She motioned for her to come and sit in the chair across from her desk.

"Aye madam." She answered as she moved toward the offered seat and smoothly lowered. She moved with grace, even if she was a bit bashful. "This building..it is like nothing I've ever seen...it is fantastic." She gave a small smile, folding her hands in her lap. "I wished to speak with you about staying on, since the King and Queen have given their consent to my presence."

She would be able to see the pride in Aisling's eyes as Margaret spoke. A brow would raise but her smile never diminished. "Sae ye 'ave spoken wit' the royals. 'ow wonderful. Boot b'fore ye speak m'lady, I must ask upon somethin'. The main supply room...did ye spend some time organizin' it? I inquired when I saw it first and be told it be the new woman that changed things aboot.? This be ye, aye?"

A deep blush stained her pale cheek, causing her freckles to disappear. "I hope it caused no confusion, My Lady. I only thought to make things easier." She admitted, her teeth worrying her lower lip as she glanced up from her hands.

Aisling's smile would grow. "Tis more organized tae the needs o' the 'ealers than I 'ave e'er seen. Tis verra much appreciated. Yer ability tae organize be quite evident. I offer m'appreciation tae ye readily."
"Now I kin ye came fer a reason, go on wit' it please."

She bowed her head, her smile returning, though the color never faded. "Thank you, Madam." She intoned quietly before continuing. "I have hopes to begin training, but while I strongly desire to learn medicine, I have seen that you might also have a need for someone skilled in organization. One who might take care of the books for the tower, the correspondence. I speak fluent English and French, but I can also read and write in Latin, German, and Italian. I am well schooled in writing, as well as numbers and figures. I wished to put myself at your disposal."

Aisling's facial expressions did not change but inside she was jumping for joy. Her skills were best at treatment and research, not organization and reporting. Though her work was impeccable; simply because she was a perfectionist by heart, she found it tedious and boring. She rose from her seat and walked over to the window to look out. Her hands were behind her, clasped lightly. "Hmmm....I see. Well, I must admit, I 'ave more than I can devote time tae in the short length o' day. And it would 'elp ye tae learn much o' 'ow we operate 'ere. O'course ye kin ye would be exposed tae sensitive information. Would ye say that integrity be one o'yer strong possessions?"

"Aye, Madam." She answered with a grave expression. "I understand that anything contained within the files of the patients, or information in correspondence must remain confidential." She took that responsibility very seriously, and would ensure that no sensitive information ever left her lips.

Aisling smiled for a second then going back to seriousness, she turned to face her. "And ye kin that learnin' tae be a 'ealer takes much time and study and this would be extra attention ye would 'ave tae pay while yer 'ealer trainin' be given?" She kept her eyes to Margaret as they spoke.

Her coppery head lowered for a moment, but when she looked up it was with a determined expression. "I've no illusions or foolish dreams, My Lady. This is my life, and what I wish it to be. I've no one, and nothing I would rather devote my waking hours to. I will not disappoint you..." She then added after a moment. "Or myself."

A smile would spread once again across Aisling's face. She knew that Margaret was no a lass with idle dreams of someone else taking care of her. She could see the determination in her eyes though her demeanor was a bit reserved as her cheeks seemed to stay flushed most of the time. Of course, this world was so much different from her own as Aisling had perceived. "Alright. I think we could give it a try. The God's and Goddess's kin that I could use the 'elp. I should be glad tae 'ave ye as m'assistant." In her next blink, small flames would appear deep in her pupils as it always did when she was thinking on new possiblities. But the flames would be gone in the next blink.

A smile bloomed across her features, transforming her face, though she blinked when she noted the brief appearance of flames in her mentor's eyes. She decided it was either a trick of the light, or another of the oddities she had to become used to in her new residence. "Thank you, Madam. Would it be possible for me to take a room here, rather than in the castle, where I have been? I would prefer to be closer." Then she recalled something else and another question was brought to bear. "Oh, My Lady, I very nearly let it slip my mind. The Lady Dane would like to be seen, as well as her child and her friend, Mistress Pandora. They seem to be comfortable with me, and I thought perhaps I might commense my training with their examinations, to be submitted to you, of course, to determine I have performed to your satisfaction."

"Ye may choose yer space 'ere upon the second floor o' the tower. I b'lieve Lord Julien 'as chosen 'is already and the healer Miyuki boot I be nae sure. If sae, it will be marked. We shall see that yers be marked as yer own once ye 'ave chosen. As fer the Lady Dane's request fer 'erself, child and the Mistress Pandora..." She paused as she tilted her head slightly then continued, "...ye kin what ye be lookin' for?" Aisling knew her background but she had never personally seen Margaret with others in a medical situation.

"Aye, Madam. I have seen some reports from the examinations for the general populace. A check of their welfare, questions of any known problems, ensuring their hygiene, freedom from parasites, checking for irregularities in the pulse and breath." She considered for a moment and then smiled wanly. "I believe I could identify any abnormalities that might need further attention. Of course, should such an abnormality or disease be detected, I would immediately refer them to a more senior physician." It was clear from her ability to discuss such topics that she was not shy when it came to medicine or anatomy, it seemed only to be in social situations that she became a bit awkward.

Aisling took a few seconds to consider this then nodded her head with a smile. "Then I should say it would be safe and educational fer ye tae dae sae. I grant ye permission and shall review yer reports once ye complete it. Ifn' all goes well, there may be more tae come." She sat back down at her desk and folded her hands in front of her on the desk. Her erect posture was normal for Aisling but her expression was warm and kind. "I shall inform 'er majesty o' our conversation 'ere t'day as she o'ersees all the 'ealer's division business. Oh and Margaret..." This was the first time she dropped titles to speak to her on a more familiar level. "...if ye shall be m'assistant, when we be nae in the presence o' other nobles, please, call me Ashly." A grin came to her lips.

She was nearly pretty when she smiled that widely, her eyes bright with pleasure and happiness. She was excited, even if it did not much show in her demeanor. A bit of a blush again appeared however, at the offer of familiarity. "As you wish it, Ashly." She said with a small bow of her head, though she smiled still. "I am sure that you are most busy, and will not take up more of your time, but thank you, so very much, for meeting with me."

"Ana'time ye 'ave need, m'door shall be open. And I shall see that ye 'ave a list o' the personnel ye will most likely be interactin' wit' 'ere in the tower and the compound. Thank ye Margaret, ye 'ave made m'life easier upon this day."

She lifted smoothly from her seat, and dipped in a neat curtsy, her smile broadening for a moment, before she nodded her acknowledgement to her words, and then quietly took her leave to begin the process of moving her scant belongings to a room in the tower.
Back to top Go down

An Assistant for the Duchess
Page 1 of 1