Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A forgotten soul IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A forgotten soul IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A forgotten soul IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A forgotten soul IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A forgotten soul IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A forgotten soul

Go down 
+4
Caillean Meldrum
XvXKyriahXvX
Byron Meldrum 3
Vex
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vex

Vex

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-27

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

[size=12]A weathered finger traces the scar tissue that divides his face in three places on the right side of his face. The finger jumps from raised ruined skin to elegant lines of angelic artwork on the left side. Duality and juxtaposition, the scars earned in fighting the denizens of Hell a hallowed pledge kept, and the angel given tattoo, a harbinger of his debt to the Archangel Raphael. Ugliness for valor symbolizes on one side and Radiance for sinful Greed on the other.

He stepped up the road towards the city that once held a tight hold on his heart. Family and love, items of much revere once in his youth long passed. Now they are a haunted memory leading him to a promise to be delivered. Crossed swords and words of bite, lead to quick embraces and panted breath. A pledge of return from battles of protection, he held this deep in his heart, shielding the terrors and horrors of decades of time in the infernal grounds of the darkest night from his held hope.

Time here in Meldrum passed much slower than in the lonesome caves and perches he slept in while in Hell. Only a few years here have passed, 100 some there. Experience weighs more than enough on him. Nightmares and atrocities plague his mind. One man should not have seen things that he has.

The sword at his back, the wit in his head, power at his fingertips and the might of his words are the weapons in his arsenal. Armed, ready, and truly frightened. The unknown of the future, the rejection of the far past, keeps him ready to turn back, but pledge and hope keep each step forward determined and without regret.

A tavern speaking of Ales and Tales, his quarry is afoot. Now is the time. A roll of his shoulders and a character to tongue, a brogue drunkard his guise for now. For dazed step and tipsy balance make eyes glance past him, and silent magic hides the rest. Time to be the name his vile father doth given him, a vex on the denizens inside. He opens the door and wobbles inside.

[/size]
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 pm

((sorry about the grammar..really fast writing..))
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbMon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 pm

(Ooooooooooooooo, more, more!))
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-10-29

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: A night at the Ales & Tales   A forgotten soul IconbWed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 pm

((sorry this is so long but it's a storyline set up with some humor mixed in.))

A gust of wind whipped through the tavern when she opened
the door, a little shiver given as she pushed it shut again and stepped
toward the bar, drawing the dark gray, woolen mitten from her hands and thenslipping the matching cloak from her shoulders, the sable trim blending with the black velvet of her gown. A flash of crimson showed at her slender wrist as she lifted a hand in greeting to Kyriah, a smile curving her lips gently."Good evening, my friend." She said in a quiet tone, before she turned toMaggie to order a warming whiskey, and with bottle and glass in hand, she headed for Kyriah's table.

Kyriah was sitting by the hearth, dressed in black breeches
tucked into knee high black boots. A black vest that was low cut and pulled together with leather ties at the bust would complete her ensemble. Her cloak hung near the door. Maggie had just delivered her second brandy as she sat with her feet in a chair next to her.

A hardy yet elegantly clothed hooded cloak is perched upon a man, expertly covering a tall slender but musclar man. His steps into the Tavern are with solid purpose, but ring to hear distraction, gleening to an untrained eye, but steps of a drunkard, he gracefully staggers towards already seated table . A heavy alchy-breath voice speaks. “Sorry your table moved in mae wae.”

Kyriah waved. "A good eve to you m'friend Luludja." Then a
welcoming nod was given to the stranger but no smile as she saw he was inebriated and stumbling into the table. "Careful there man. You best sit before you fall."

The warmth of the hearth fills the occupant of the cloak with a long sense of remembrance of warmth's embrace long ago, a lost lover.

A slender, raven brow arched as she watched the man stumble
into the table, quite glad she hadn't poured her whiskey yet. "Clumsy gadje." She muttered under her breath as she lowered to a seat.

“I fall wherever I do..”, knee buckles at his beheast..toppling close to on her, but regains said balance. He sits upon vile chair that seems to mock his movements, perhaps the wood knows to hold fire is disaster.

"You spill our drinks and you best have coin to replace them. Now sit and say who you are, aye?" She waited.

"Mat'arniko." Luldja said with a little more vehemence, and not a little annoyance, as she gave a little scowl to Kyriah, but proceeded to pour her whiskey.

He pointed finger towards the lady, (Ky) , his voice clear and stern. “Coin parts from thy, the table vexs mae”

Lady Dane enters the tavern humming happily a bundle upon her back. Removing the bundle as she approaches the bar she waves to those in tavern. “Good evenng everyone.” Places the bundle on the floor and hops upon the stool unlatching her cloak as she does so.

She was using Romani often tonight, perhaps a betrayal of a vaguely agitated state. She downed the whiskey, and then turned gleaming emerald eyes toward the drunk, their depths sparking with her temper. "You vex us, sot."

“Aye though all men vex ladies hence ladies vex men”, was the man’s reply.

An all to brief smile touched her lips as Luludja inclined her head. "Evening, Lady Dane." She said, the poured another glass of the whiskey.
A wave of emotions suddenly tackle her as she relaxes and really pays attention to her surroundings now. Arching and eyebrow she looks from Lady Luludja to the one who seem to be irking the hell out of her. That and maybe something else. Frowns some after giving Lady Luludja a smile.

Kyriah took another drink of her brandy. She studied Lulu with curious eyes. Then she would break her look to wave to Dane, waving her over.

Shade yawned as he entered the tavern. Shade wearing his usual black pants and black tunic but nothing else. His fur-like black hair was starting to get a little longer, would probably have to cut it
soon. His bluegreen cat eyes glimmer and gleam as though with thier own inner spark, two inch long black claws stick out of his knuckles, and his black and grey striped tiger tail slowly sways behind him as he enters.

Kyriah then looked to the newcomer and tilted her head then beyond him. A smile would break out on her face as she saw Shade enter the tavern. "Good evening Shade. Will you not sit with Luludja, Lady Dane, myself and........" She looked to the newcomer. "What IS your name sir?"

Dane took a seat waving to Shade as he enters. “Thank you
kindly Kyriah. Wouldn't pass up the world of sitting with you two.”
The man removes his hood, locks of black hair, wild like wind in smell, but combed to easy attraction

She gave a little snort, a rather unladylike sound that was
only emitted either in the height of annoyance or amusement. "Calado gadje." But a smile found her lips as she noted the arrival of Shade, her expression softening, just a little. "Evening, Shade." She said in a warmer tone. She was curious to know the name of the drunk man in their midst, however, and her gaze returned.

Shade smiled over to Kyriah and gave her a wave “good evening Kyriah, and to you Lulu and Dane.” Smiles gently to her before he'd head over to the three of them and take a seat.

Kyriah thought the stranger looked familiar but she could not place the face.

“My father named me Asp though I go by…” a grin appeared, “…Vex”
"Fitting." Luludja muttered.

“Thank you flower.”

Kyriah mouthed the name and tried hard to dig through memories. "Do I know you?"

“Parts of you might remember”. He laughed.

Dane snickers some hearing the mans name was Vex.

Shade nods to he whom sits.

Kyraih lifted a brow and again tried to search memories but what came she was not sure if it were true or just imagined. She wasn't sure she should continue this line of questioning after his response.

A hand lifted, the diaphanous scarlet silk scarf wrapped about her wrist fluttering lightly as she summoned Maggie to their table to take any orders she hadn't yet.

Vex produced enough coin for the finest whiskey the tavern might have. “Bottle for the table please.

Dane smiled up to Maggie as she approached. “Tea and a bottle of Rum. Just in case Pan Pan shows up this eve.” Fiddles with her cloak a bit before letting it fall off her shoulders and onto the back of her chair.

Kyriah glanced at the coin then glanced to Luludja then Dane. Finally her eyes would go to Shade.

Maggie didn't bother to wave away the coin, but gathered it up to put into the charity box. She gave a nod to Vex, then to Dane, then gave a grin to Shade, figuring he'd want tea, and the tendress hurried off to fill the orders.

Kyriah would make introductions. “Vex that is Lord Shade, Lady Dane and her Grace, Luludja.”

Shade smiled in thanks to lulu as she got him his customary tea. Tongue promptly stuck out at Kyriah for being called Lord.
“feh! I am no lord, I am just a simple innkeeper.” Shade gave a firm nod before he slipped an arm around Lulu's waist and halfway to Kyriah as he stage-whispered to Lulu, “you know I'd put my other arm around Kyriah but I'm afriad she'd stab my hand or something” Snickers softly before nodding towards vex.

Vex replied. “the pleasure is mine... it is almost like I know you all.”

Maggie returned with a second bottle of whiskey, a glass for each of them, in case they decided to partake of it, two cups of steaming tea, and a bottle of rum that she set aside. Luludja eyed the new bottle of whiskey for a moment, but contented herself with the bottle she already had, pouring another small glassful as she felt Shade's arm slip about her, a soft laugh escaping her. "Va, or pin your tail to the floorboards."

Kyriah narrowed her eyes at Shade as if angered by his words but the smirk on her face would give her away.

Dane watched lady Luludja before nodding up to Vex, “Pleasure Sir”

Vex would speak to Kyriah. “Nights like these make the littlest angels cuddle their dolls tighter than ever. Makes us all engage in fruitless combats to fight the cold, … or unseasoned blades.”

Kyriah suddenly turned her head to the man and straightened up in her chair. Obviously upset. "What did you just say?"

Shade replied, “mmm, Indeed.” Tsks softly. “dreadfully callous woman” Pouts to her then pokes her in the side with his tail. “calm down Kyriah.”

Her brows raised then furrowed. "You don't understand Shade. I went into town to buy Angelina a doll today."

“so?” Shade just shrugged slightly. “if you're that worried about it, kill him.”

Vex laughed. “A daughter you have? unknown to me I merely was talking of the chill of the night could freeze a demon.”

She noted Kyriah's sudden change in demeanor, and then at her words, she suddenly found her fingers curling around the hilt of one of the daggers that nestled at her waist as she eyed Vex, her mouth becoming a grim line. She did not like that at all.

Dane feels the tension at their lovely table rising and looks from Kryriah, to lady Luludja and Vex.

The hearth flames dance from the tension..empathically.

Kyriah studied him now not quite sure what to think. Again she searched memories. She stood up and moved to the fire. Deep in thought.

Kyriah had asked him who he was, she asked a question with a bit more import. "What are you?" She spoke, with a bit of a glare in Vex's direction.

Shade, of course, was tensionless. Absolutely calm and relaxed as always, a nip given to Lulu's shoulder and he smiled to her.
Lulu would speak low, “careful with your questions.”

The flames gave off more heat.. an soothing heat..enticing like the man she clearly was bothered by and maybe more.
“Tender, Maggie I believe is there food at this hour?”

It might be a good thing that her moods were so changeable. She couldn't help the small smile that found her lips at Shade's nip, he was good at diffusing her temper. Her grip relaxed, but did not entirely leave her dagger, concealed though her grasp was beneath the table.

“I feel a strong desire to taste lamb chops... still pink in
thy meat.. some stew made with rabbit to help fill my gullet..a a fine red to drink..a Moorsian Red 1465 vintage?”

Maggie smiled to Vex and gave a nod. "Aye, sirrah, I can do that for you." She answered him, surprised a bit by the request, but happy to oblige nonetheless.

Vex would direct his words to Lulu. “I am a man, making conversation, with bladed tongue to guard thy purpose. Purpose to eat and be merry."

Dane just sits and quietly listens for now. Blue hues looking Vex over slowly then takes a sip of her tea.

Kyriah then whirled around and stared him down. "What the hell? You have been spying on me haven't you? That is exactly what I had for my dinner. How could you know that unless......" She pulled dagger from the back of her breeches and starts for the man. "I do not tolerate those who would sneak behind my back. Stand if you dare."

Shade just tsked softly at Vex when Kyriah spoke and he shook his head. But really it was rather funny and he would keep his mouth closed. Except to sip his tea of course.

Vex stands daringly.

Maggie darted back behind the bar, not willing to be caught in any crossfire. Luludja glanced to Dane quickly, giving a small cant of her head to indicate she move, even as she lifted to her feet.

Dane arched her eyebrows as Kyriah turned, dagger drawn and headed for their table. Standing quickly she looks down towards her tea her mind already spinning reading herself to make her tea into a quickweapon if needed.

"Kyriah Marie Reinhardt!" A clear purpose to vex’s tone.. the tone of controlled action. “Stand down. Let not the words of a man incite your rage.”

"What, no weapon. You think you can best me with your hands? What a fool." Kyriah would be thinking of the move to strike him.

“ Whatever be the cause.. the devil knows thy wrath..Used to bring you down.”

She knew very well that Kyriah was capable of taking care of herself, she was highly trained, a member of the defense ministry, and so she would not intervene, but took a step back, as she watched.

Kyriah suddenly stopped but her rage was on her face. How could he know her name like that. Her dinner. Her tasks of the day. "You know nothing of me." She spit at him.

Shade actually leaned back onto two legs of the chair, propped his feet up on the table, and then sipped his tea as though he was about to watch a good show, which he was.

No wonder he had Luludja vexed. Speaking the way he was would drive anyone up the wall a bit. He truely talked with a double edged tongue, Dane thought to herself.

“I know everything of you. You favor your right side when you parry in a sword fight."

Her eys narrowed once again. "Stop It!! I demand you tell me how you know this."

Vex continued, “you lower your guard when someone switches their footingmore than twice in the same advance. You pick up your glass with your left hand.."

Okay now Kyriah’s heart was really beating. He was right on with his words. Not even her father would know that and certainly not her mother.

Dane arches an eyebrow. Either this man was an assassin, extreme stalker, old lover, or family member.

Vex would speak once more. “I do not need a weapon to defeat you and neither do you to defeat me.”

Her hand lowered to rest on Shade's shoulder as she stood behind his chair, though her eyes never left Vex and Kyriah, the fingers of her left hand still curled about the dagger's grip.

Shade just smiled lightly up to lulu before he chuckled softly and sipped his tea again.

Kyriah cursed her failed memory. the dark spots in her life that were lost to her. She still held her dagger at ready. Then it dawned on her, could he be a demon? Was he one she had chanced meeting before?

“Did you wish to dance with blades or tongue once again..or both as it seems we fall into routine.”

Her senses told her no but what else could it be. "Why will you not explain yourself? Tell me or I will place this dagger deep within your heart." She tried to sound as serious as she could but the confusion overruled.

“you will not find a heart resides in my chest.. it is with another. Is the gardener to explain to the weed why he pulls it out? I know..that is all it will be til you remember. Now sit.” It was not an order... only a suggestion in his tone.

Vex would continue as if all was well. “Does any wish some of this whiskey the house has given me to share?”

She turned her head to the side as if almost grasping a memory that would help her but not quite realizing it. She started to open her mouth to retort to him once again but paused. She sighed heavily as she put the dagger away. He obviously would not defend himself.

Vex looked to Luludja, “ whiskey?” Then shakes the bottle lightly.

She looked to Luludja, then to Shade and then to Dane. Her face flushed with emotion. "I have to go." Then she turned back to Vex. "And do not follow me or come near me or my family."

Luludja replied, "I'll drink not of your offering until you've explained your presence and relation to Kyriah." She said in a quiet, but cold tone. Though Kyriah put away her dagger, she did not relax, but remained standing.

Kyriah would turn her back to him and reach for her cloak on the wall hook.

Vex watched Kyriah turn to leave.

Shade shakes his head towards Vex. “no thanks, not enough here to do much.”

Suddenly the chair trips Vex’s steps as he turned. His tripping was on purpose, but none but the dirt on the floor could see that. “Kyriah stay!”

Dane moved back into her seat at the table where they were all seated or standing. Watches Kyriah and Vex now more curiously then with caution.

The bottle fell from Vex’s grasp as he hit the floor, breaking and spilling its contents all over him like a mocking jester..laughing out its spittle.

Luludja would comment. “Well, that was a terrible waste of good whiskey. The best of the house. She frowned slightly, but restrained the urge to aim a kick at the man. Just barely.

Kyriah heard the sound of his fall and his words and turned in mid reach. She looked over her shoulder then turned all the way around to face him. Her hands would go to her hips. "Give me a reason good enough." She looked disgusted at the sight.

Pandora entered and looked around for Dane. Spotting her she heads over in her direction. Stops watching the odd ball scene infront of her.

Shade held up his non-tea holding hand. “I'm here!” This in response to Kyriah's statement of course.

Vex was looking up to her, drenched in whiskey He uttered two words that would unlock much in her mind.

Luludja, however, could not restrain the laughter that momentarily escaped her , hearing Shade. Dane smirked at Shade, shaking her head. It was amazing, how quickly her stoic expression returned though, as she gave a quick nod of greeting to Pandora, and then slipped around to Shade's side, best to be completely out of the range of temptation.

“Dream Stones.”

Kyriah gave Shade that look but then turned back to this man when she heard his words. Her hands would fall slowly from her hips. She looked hard at his face. Memories would flash and she would shake her head. Trying to wrap her mind around the words and memories and make sense of them. She whispered, “Dream Stones.” Those were the stones at NightWind in the garden. They were named by .....her? Him? Demons, wars....it was all scrambled.

Vex stands, as he does a quick jostle of the bottle would make it roll to Kyriah’s feet.

Pandora returned Luludja's nod and heads for their table taking a seat beside Dane.

Shade just smiled oh so sweetly when given the dreaded look and then looked up to Lulu. “isn't drama fun? no blood though so it's not as heart pounding, easier to clean up though. He gave a firm nod.

Dane would slide the bottle of rum over towards Pan Pan that she ordered and smirks. “Tee hee thought you might come.”

Luludja looked down at Shade, a brief smile touching her lips. She leaned down slightly to brush her lips against his cheek as she murmured. “The night is still young."

Vex moved to her.. flicker of a flame, blink of an eye..he was afront her, takes her and kisses her as they did so long ago.. no regret but lingering promise of return.

Pandora nods to Shade as she takes the bottle and popping the cork and arching an eyebrow at Dane little to giddy self before looking back over at the scene before her.

Vex would speak in angelic..sounds like choirs singing to some, but not in English. “Dream stones.. We danced in war then in tongue..plans of the unmaker part us. Return I promised. And here I am"

Then seeing Vex so assault Kyriah, Luludja straightened, her sharp gasp leaving her lips. Momentarily stunned by his audacity.

The move was so quick and took Kyriah off guard. The kiss as it lingered, the words she heard as if spoken in english for she understood them perfectly. The memory came crashing so hard to her that she would lose stability in her legs and began to trimble.

Vex released the kiss , tempered in resolve but fevered in the heat of it, his gait was wavering from the intensity of past passion. But he not let her fall.

Shade would comment. “you're too young to watch this part.” Firm nod given to Lulu.

Lulu’s fingers had been upon the hilt of her dagger, but now it was drawn. She wasn't sure what the man had said to Kyriah, but watching him kiss her, unasked for, she wasn't even aware that she'd drawn the weapon and taken a step.

Vex was still speaking in angelic. “Kyriah, sit please..remember.. it is important.”

Kyriah felt the focus of the moment and the room come back, seeing Luludja start for Vex. She held a hand weakly up speaking to Lulu. "No, no...I remember. I remember.!”

Vex’s dark blue placid eyes almost seem to be rolling waves of ocean water. He turned, hand at her back, slightly helping as she was still trembling. They walked back to the table.

"Baroness?" Luludja’s accent was thick, and heavy with question. The blade was lowered slightly, though it remained unsheathed as she watched the two returning to the table. But she did not yet sit.

As lowered herself into the chair, she looked to Luludja. "It will be alright Lulu. I...it will be alright." She turned and looked to Vex. "You..." but nothing else came out before her hand reached for her brandy.

It was only with that assurance that the blade was slipped back into its sheath, tucked within the black sash that wound her waist.

"You were gone long. You were supposed to....." again she stopped. Then she would put her hands up to her temples as if it pained her to think on it.

The mental strain from the emotions of the night, strained Vex’s concentration. Suddenly a few scars appear on his face, and an angelic glyph tattoo on his right cheek. “I did..Now! Time is passed differently in..” sits next to her and spoke the last word in angelic words, “…hell”

Vex was in need of drink, but not whiskey as now he is covered in it.
Kyriah would take on an exhausted look. She looked up to him and distractedly would reply. "I know."

The taste of her was still upon his lips.. the lost fruit of passion realized again... countless years in hell.. ever out of his reach. The string out of the maze she was.. the journy was ever worth the wait. for that kiss. But now a new day.. this is not when they were in the past. Slight anxiety pained him for a moment.. uncertainly for him is a dagger wound.

Kyriah looked to Luludja and Shade and then Dane and Pan then to Vex. "I...I have to go. I'm sorry."

Vex replied. “I know you do.”

Luludja stepped to Kyriah for a moment and spoke to her quietly.

She heard Luludja. "I will be fine Lulu. I just need to be at NightWind." She looked to Vex. "He won't harm us."

Concern was in Luludja’s eyes when she spoke to her friend, though when her eyes darted toward Vex, there was distaste and distrust evident in her expression.

Kyriah saw her concern. "I will speak to you tomorrow, alright?"

Vex stands and moves to the hearth.

She gave a nod. "Alright, be careful." She said, then pausing, drew a symbol of protection upon Kyriah's brow before she stepped away.

Then Kyriah was standing. She looked to Shade. She mouthed thewords. "thank you." Her head was pounding.

Shade just smiled softly to her in response and waved his tail.

This time she did get her cloak and wrapped it tight over her shoulders. As she opened the door and the cold air rushed in, she glanced at Vex almost with a sadness that could be felt then she left, closing the door lightly behind her.

Vex’s hands move through the flames, almost like he was gathering them..unburnt, he pushed them over him and just vanished.
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Cause and effect   A forgotten soul IconbThu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Two weeks ago

In what was a peaceful private wooded glade, a horrid act was committed. Five men watch another man burn strapped to a post upon a pyre. The man howls with agony and pleas as the angry and biting flames start to consume him. The man that seems to be in charge smiles with delight his well manicured robes flickering in the heat induced wind. A heretic, he thinks the man was. No way could he convince anyone in this pagan infested kingdom to allow this to happen. So, he made it happen, out here, in the wilderness, where Jesus his savior avoided temptation of the devil himself. This private forest is a fitting place to burn a defiler of his faith, out here in the wilds of the land.

What this man, no priest, does not know is that the sounds and smells of a wrongly killed man is not the worst thing he will see or hear tonight. So heinous a crime this was that the very veil between worlds becomes temporarily weak by his actions this night. A breach is about to happen. This event will set off a change in him. A change that was already happening, but now will give him the fuel, the drive, to do what is necessary, at least in his eyes. Trouble is coming, a very horrible thought.

The dark forest was lit by a pale light given by the nearby pyre burning. At this time of night the air was full of the sounds of the nocturnal denizens of the aged woods. However at the very moment a murdered man of true faith in God was killed, they became silent. An uneasy feeling erupted from the glade, spilling out in rhythmic waves in all directions. The wildlife quickly bolted away from this place, caring not for humans nearby or food left behind. They abandon all thoughts save one. Leave at all cost. Fear of what is to happen drives them to flee. Insects scamper as fast as their little legs could carry them. Their fear was so high they climbed over any of the weak and old of any species of insect in their way. The Priest and his zealots were too enraptured by the horrid crime they committed to even notice. Man, rarely feels the warnings of nature any longer.

Just fifteen feet from the pyre hundreds of worms wiggle their way out of the dry earth. Possessed to flee themselves, hurried by fear, they fruitlessly try to escape, flailing on their soon to be deathbeds. A single shriek of alarm, high pitched and dreadful to hear piercing the night alerted the murders to a new sight. This sight is a distortion, a distortion of reality. The very being of the world seemed to wobble as a ripple on a pond, directly above where the worms where trying to escape.

Louder a shriek called out from the wobble as a blue white glow stabbed through the veil of this world. Each stabbing of the veil, cause a louder and even louder cry of single intense pain. The men all fell to their knees and passed out, save one. The priest’s eyes stood focused, hard, as if this was his moment. The moment in which he will start on the path to make history would begin. God was cluing him into another threat to his faith. The ill feeling that was filling him warned him that nothing good could be making this happen. He watched with baited breath as more continued to happen.

An acrid fog started to billow out of the jagged chasm, rising upward and peeling any bark off the trees it touched. Howling sprung from the hole as it widened the calls of the damned. Their pleas of help and saving could drown out the thoughts in your very mind. Next an odor spread out like steam. It was a smell of brimstone and burning flesh, flaring the nose of the priest with revulsion. He threw up his dinner instantly.

Finally the breach of the veil was large enough for a man to step out from one world into this one. A grimy scarred face horror looking of a man, holding a blue-white glowing hand sickle, stepped onto now dead worms and earth. His armor was black from decades of smoke, blood, and dirt. It also was in disrepair, full of dents and gashes from years of overuse. Only in a few places could you see his armor used to be a work of art.

His hair was long and disheveled, tangled beyond belief, and tied in a long pony tail with what seemed to be a portion of something’s guts. His face was hard with grit and hints of madness as he grunted upon fully exiting the rift. Taking four giant lumbering steps he fell to the ground. His was armor groaning in defiance from the sudden movement. He promptly puked a revolting mass amount of black bile, erupting out like a small geyser, smacking the ground with force. The bile pooled below his body, the grass which was already dead from the now present rift to hell, the grass changed to an ebony color, and hauntingly stood up straight.

He stood up wiping his mouth with what little tattered tunic he had left was from long ordeal in Hell. Stepping towards what seemed to the priest a pine tree, the man spoke directly to it.

“Bloody hell, warn me next time K! I want to know these things before I do anything like this again.”

Out of the corner of the Priest’s eye, he spotted something else quickly escaping the tear in the veil. Turning quickly the shadowy dark creature turned towards the Priest. Flying towards him, he could see the creature’s eyes, red with fire. It was shaped somewhat humanoid, but torn and withered at the bottom. A Wraith, the priest decided it was. However, as it reached him, it halted, hovering in front of the Priest, eyes scanning him. The priest quivered with fear as a cold feeling of his bones freezing his soul took over him. Quickly it was over and the wraith gave a crooked mouth grin and the wraith passed him by. Soon the scream of one of his comrades of the priest had filled the air with a dreadful song.

What the priest did not see as the wraith passed him over was the attack on his closest companion, his true believer knight. Ronald, who was passed out from the shock earlier, had a new problem. The wraith reached out to his mouth and opened it. The wraith then poured itself into Ronald through his mouth and nose. His entire body went into spasms, convulsing hard, he only got out the one scream before it consumed him from the inside.

Ronald then stood up, his eyes beady and horror struck. He moved to the Priest and spoke with a low airy rasp. “Gregory, we must leave before the foul knight turns and see us. We are not ready for him yet.”

Hearing his friend’s voice shook Gregory from his focus on the dirty warrior, turning himself around and nodded. “Yes, collect our companions and we will plan our next purification.”

Quickly they woke the rest and left the clearing.

The harrowed warrior finally shook off his stupor from the journey and realized the gash in the wall of reality was still open. Snarling he turned and moved towards rift, glowing blade in hand. He spoke just before he got there. “Damn, Raphael, How about not ordering me around all the time. Bloody hell.” The sickle flashed slightly after he spoke.

Calming himself, he spoke aloud in clear and perfect pitch. “In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, by the power of Uriel the Watcher, I close you portal of Hell. Seal yourself from the light of GOD!”

Suddenly his blade glowed intensely and moved it in a pattern afore the breach. As he did this, the torn veil segments started to reattach themselves. The hole to Hell was closing. Healing the hole was resealing in the bone chilling cries of anguish that were billowing out of the torn veil that keeps earth protected by the sinful touch of Hell.

His voice broke the now still silence that was left after the veil was closed. “I will. I WILL! Bloody guts Raph!”

The man lifted the knife to his face, right to his cheek, the flat of the blade first. Then the blade merged into his face and curled into blue-white glowing tattoo glyph. The tattoo started on one side of his face and then curled under his chin to the other. On completion of the task a blast of pure white light radiated out from him in explosion. Everything in 100 feet got soaked by the pure light. Every dead animal, insect, or plant started heal and return to life. You would have to look hard to find the epicenter, where Hell touched earth.

Then man moved north from his escape point with a wounded walk. A tired and lonely soul moved to do what he promised to do so long ago. He whispered to a rock as he passed it. “K, I am going to find her. I will find her. You know I do not break my oaths.” He nodded back to the rock as if it answered him. “Do you think she will remember me? My name at the very least? Vex Rialla. I haven’t heard my name aloud in so long. Sounds..Right to hear it again.” He laughed at a thought before placing it words. “We won’t be sleeping in Hellfire tonight K. Tonight we sleep under the stars.” He smiled to the rock before it fell from his view.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited font and such for Vexmun)
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: I cannot figure out how to change the font   A forgotten soul IconbThu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I am so sorry, I can't figure out how to change the font size after I pasted to the body. Then before I could do a final edit, I hit send. argghh . It is sloppy on tenses, my bad. Hope anyone who reads this can enjoy it still.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-09-26

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 am

((Fascinating! As the King says...More! More!))
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 am

This is spectacular! I'm waiting in anticipation of the next edition. Back in the early to mid 20th century, stories were written in segments and published in magazines and newspapers. Our little forum is very similar to that and the quality of writers we have is outstanding!
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Flames and Flowers   A forgotten soul IconbSun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

((the night after the intial ales and tales reunion))

Kyriah had been preoccupied all day. As she moved around in her chores as Baroness and mother to Angelina, her mind was not on the tasks at hand. With her babe now sleeping peacefully, she had wondered out to the NightWind
gardens. To the place where she had met him years before. A chill in the air would prompt her to light the firepit that sat off to the side of the dream stones. Once the fire was lit, she would make sure it was fueled with the
cut wood kept near the pit and undercover so as not to be dampened by the snows of winter. She warmed her hands as she stared into the flames. So many memories remembered with but the arrival of one.

It seemed a domino effect. Some memories she knew would be hard to regain for with them brought pain and uncertainty that she had managed to bury deep. Others would bring an involuntary smile, though slight, to her lips. The
cool winds would cause her auborn hair to dance in the light of the fire as she sighed heavily.

The flame jumped in intensity, and the roar of flames hallowing a small man size cyclone spun out of the pit to her side. The flames slightly flickering down to nothing but a man.. the man in her thoughts.. Vex. Named and Played.

"Kyriah, good evening."

Eyes of rolling waves looked to hers. Haunted eyes, plagued by nightmares seen and realized.. and sad eyes..a dash of hope for her.

Most times she would have had her sword out and at ready at such a sight and she wasn't sure why she didn't make that move but she didn't. Her eyes widened as he appeared from the flames. She tilted her head slightly as she peered into the eyes of Vex.

"Quite an entrance." She tried to smile.

"Unnoticed by peering eyes to come out of a hearth.. and not by foot. Father..would have dressed as a friar or a beggar..but still a person counted..I was not counted"

"You are not your father obviously."

She turned and walked to sit on the stone bench that was sat before two of the dream stones.

He placed a hand on her arm. "Kyriah.. last night.. i needed..i was a fool.. so long..." The scene still might be not real..is he here? or back in the depths of Tartarus? strayed into another Nightmare to tear him asunder.

Kyriah looked to where his hand was placed on her arm then back up to his face. "Don't! I should be apologizing for the way I acted. I didn't remember."

"You would not be whom you are if you did not be as you are. Rememberance is held at some time...you came to it later than sooner..but came all the same."

She tried to give him a smile. Perhaps a poor attempt. "I should say the same for you."

She moved from his touch. "I just did not expect it to be so....hard to have so many memories come at once. I have had much trouble this day, thinking of anything else."

Her move from his touch, jerked his attention..had his hand stayed that long. His head was cloudy, his concentration waned. The scars seemed to just excrutiatingly appear as fault lines cross his face, and the angelic glyph shown fort in white-blue thin light.

"Kyr..." in a trembling voic..."I have done it. If this is not a terrible ploy of Hell on me." A slight doubt lingers, he has fallen close to the edge before. "I have returned to you..for you as you asked me to. Much of me is gone. I am..." again his voice choked, "...hollow."

She tilted her head to the side as she eyed the angelic mark upon his cheek, watching as it eminated the white light from its edges. "It is no trick of the underworld Vex. And much has changed. You have returned but you are...different." She let her fingers lightly touch his cheek. Then she let her hand fall and her head drooped down. "I ...I have changed too."

Vex pounds his chest over his heart with his hand. "I am still myself.." He reached up as he moves to his knee using a weathered hand to lift her chin.. "...as you are still as I remembered."

"Perhaps outside. But I am a mother now and a Baroness to SeaCrest with all it brings." She sighed.

"My K... err Kyriah, change is not bad. Duty is an armor, but it can be donned or removed, but it only can stand in your way, if you allow it to. Wear the armor of Duty as a second skin."

She stayed quiet and listened to his words with what might appear as hope in her eyes.

His eyes would meet hers. "Wrap yourself in duty,honor, love, and justice. You are what you wish yourself to be. Seize it. I am Vex Rohan. The damnable thorn in the side of Hell. The man who thrust the middle finger to the Arcangel Raphael, and the man who has returned to you."

She smiled to him in genuine. "But I love being a mother, a Baroness. I do not miss the slaying of demons. And they do not seem to miss me either." Said with a hint of disbelief in her voice.

"Be a mother..", he sat down next to her, "Be a Baroness. Be a fighter.Be everything you are and capable of and..." he grinned, "be a Vixen.. a counterpart. I do not miss slaying demons, hellhounds, devils, or any of the like, but I had to and did it well. For it is whom I am, and for who asked it of me." He takes her hands in his and he turns in his seat towards her.

The slight blush to her cheeks told him that it was still within her to be just that. Then she looked to him. "You have returned as you said you would. Now what?"

"One Night at a time. that is what." He lifts her head to his. "You asked me to return, now what would you have me do?"

She thought about that for a moment then stood again and walked to the fire, pulling her cloak tighter around her. "I am not your keeper Vex. I would have you do as your heart guides you."

"Do you think I do not? Last eve should prove that." He stand and turns to her. "What does your heart say to this face... this remembered man, this touch of flame?" His hand moved to her side.

She smiled tilted her head. Her hair blowing across her face leaving it distorted in the shadow of the flames. "It tells me...as it always does. to be very careful." Her heart was beating twice its normal speed.

"Ahh caution..yes..for the heart... could lead you to regret for leaping brings the ill feeling of broken hearted, distrust and of course the glorious feeling of truth in feeling and returned love. Caution is for the wind not mortals." He moves his hand to her back.

She listend to his words and as he adjusted his hand to her back, bringing her a little closer to him, she fumbled for words. "I don't know if I can.....I mean....I feel I know you but it has been so long." Her words were nearly a whisper.

"So spark your memories; make your leap." His breath was heated in his closness to her and it worried him that she would find him ill to look at. He had made his leap getting here, he would not make a false step with doubt, he is still himself, scars or no, debts owed. Blood spilt.

She would have taken that and ran with it at one time but her hesitation was not his appearance, not even the memory loss, it was her role and her daughter but most of all, the fact that she was afraid. "I am glad you have returned Vex, will you be patient with me? I need to know you...to truly know you." It was true but it was also a way to buy time until she could figure out just what her feelings were for him. She knew they were strong but it seemed to overwhelm her.

"Must I take first blood, Ha! I am glad as well. He kisses her. "I make you give no promises. Time I have..so I can give."

The tingle ran through her as it did the night before in the ales and tales when she had been taken off guard. But this time, she could actually appreciate it for what it was. She smiled at him at his words. "Thank you. Will you then come to dine within NightWind in two days?"

A thought rolled though his head. "Angelina awakens back at the home. She is looking for her flowers."

Kyriah looked at him then looked to the castle. "But she knows they are on her bedside...." then she stopped with a look of realization in her face "in my distraction, I forgot to place them there. The roses are still on the cabinet in the Kitchen." A brow lifted. "How do you do that?"

Vex taps his glyph. "ill bargain has some fruit at times"

Again she reached to touch it slightly. Then her eyes moved to his. A smile upon her lips. "I should go, she will not sleep until she has them. Umm...what color are the roses?" She was now testing him.

"The girl moves to pick more.. alone Kyriah. She has ducked the eyes of her nursemaid and the roses are yellow."

Vex grabs her and moves into the fire. The flames envelop them like swaddling clothes.

Kyriah has trust issues and expected to feel the pain of the fire so she held her breath.

The warmth of a mother's womb. the sensation of passion.. then release into the kitchens of NightWind Castle.

"She is 100 ft that way" He pointed to the east and releases Kyriah.

Kyriah knew where she must be then. At the base of the mile high stairs. She picked up the yellow roses and headed that way. "Come, you can meet her."

Vex nodded and followed.

Vex would gather his concentration, his face smooths over.

Angelina was looking around the edge of the bannister of the stairs to see if she would be caught for being out of her room and coming downstairs alone.

Kyriah smiled at her. "There you are my angel. Mommy forgot your flowers
aye?" She picked her up and turned to Vex.

Angelina was already looking at Vex, the flowers forgotten for the moment. A calming feeling would flow over the both of them as Kyriah turned with Angelina in her arms. Kyriah hardly noticed as she was used to it. "Angelina, will you say hello to Lord Vex for me? He has come to visit."

Vex stands tall, his eyes of rolling waves inviting. He bows to Angelina. "well met my lady of the heavens." said in the angelic language then in english. Then to Kyriah, "Lord? ... no more Vagabond?" Giving her a grin.

Angelina smiled big. Her illuminous light blue eyes seemed to hold laughter. "You have a pretty face." She understood the angelic but since he spoke english as well, he might notice this. "Look mommy, he has a pretty face." Angelina reached out to touch his cheek.

The glow heightens at her touch.

Kyriah smiled at him with a slight blush.

"Yes my darling, he has a pretty face. Now Mommy has your flowers and we should be getting you back to your bed, aye?"

The angelic child wrinkled her nose but she took her flowers, the thorns having been lovingly removed for her. "Alriiiiiight. Good night Lord Vex." She waved with a tiny hand.

"Goodnight Lady Angelina. Mayhaps I can show you where the elusive violet rose resides sometime."

The nanny came down the stairs at that time babbling about how she thought the child must have the ability to become invisible. Then seeing the man, she nodded her head to him then took Angelina from Kyriah. She apologized to
Kyriah as she shifted Angelina to her hip.

Angelina was looking at Vex. "Violet?" Then she looked to her own yellow roses. "I like yellow." She giggled.

Kyriah smiled at him and shrugged. "What can I say, she likes what she likes."

"Roses dont come in violet unless you deeply look for them but yellow is very pretty."

Vex would return the gaze to Kyriah. "I hope her mother likes what she likes too" He grinned.

"Good night my angel." She said as Angelina was carried up the stairs. But she had her eyes to Vex. "Sorry, she has a mind of her own and a will to match even mine." Perhaps it would answer him in a round about way. "Then you will come in two days to dine with us?"

He would feel the calm and peaceful aura that was with them slowly fade as the child was carried off.

"I shall."

She smiled at him. "Good. Betty will be thrilled to have another to cook for. Only the Saints know what she will dream up. But I assure you it will be good." She chuckled.

"I am sure it will be good in many ways, the night, dinner, and company."

Kyriah nodded to him. "ummm, perhaps it would be best to use the main door this time though." A smirk given.

"Perhaps it would be. A good evening to you."

"And to you Vex, I shall look forward to seeing you again and....thank you. For understanding and having patience with me."

Thoughts of many things swirled in Vex's head, most of all, the thought of the unrealness of this gone. He has fully given in to realized dreams. "Why should I not be patient for you? You have been without me for years. I without you for decades.. I can wait.."

She blushed slightly as she walked him to the door of the main hall. "Til we meet again."

Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Clean   A forgotten soul IconbWed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 pm

(Three days after exiting from Hell)

The tattered knight Vex walked aimlessly through the forest, searching for any sign of civilization. Soon, he caught the sight of a small wisp of smoke, most likely coming from a small cottage’s hearth. He changed his direction and set forth at once towards this most fortunate turn of events. A young youth of about fourteen noticed the battle weary, dirty, mess of a man approach. He did not seem at all scared, for Vex was a nightmare to look at. The boy was serene, as if this was an everyday event for him, routine. Caleb Walker waited for Vex to get close.

“Ho! There, lad. Do you have some clothes and perhaps a place for me to bathe?” Vex said anxiously.

The lad nodded and led Vex to a nearby water trough big enough for two people to soak in.

“This is not ideal, but is fit for a King, from the options I have had in the last few years, Thank you. Perhaps you can fetch a knife, so I can cut my hair?” Vex questioned.

Caleb produced a knife from a small scabbard at his side and handed it to Vex, he was unsure to why he knew that a knife was in need, it was almost like a given fact.

Vex, removed his armor and let it fall wherever he dropped it. The broken and bashed metal colored in pigments of grime, ash, and blood, had no shine to it anymore. His smallclothes were full of holes and colored with a pale yellowish brown, they haven’t been washed in a long time and it was clearly known by their look and smell, if you were to see the look on Caleb’s face.

Settling into the cold water was a rush of relief for Vex, as a loud sigh of content sang out from him. Looking to Caleb directly across from him he began to talk as he washed himself with his hands. He also then used the knife to cut his hair the best he could. Wincing only now and then, the knife was decently sharp so there was minimal pulling. Once he was done he handed the knife back to Caleb and then looked just before him.

“K, get in, the water isn’t that cold.”

“I can’t believe it either, water do our eyes deceive us. We are not in Hell any longer.”

“It feels nice doesn’t it?” Then he smacked the water in front of him and caused a small splash to soak the side of the trough and the ground just outside of the rim.

“Don’t give me that look, you are just mad that you didn’t think of it…” He started to say but was interrupted. He gave a slight jump as someone might have splashed him.

“K, let us get those clothes now.” Vex said as he stood and exited the water trough.

“I will not look, I promise. You know I keep my word.” Said Vex.

Caleb turned after Vex started to talk, and quickly fetched his father’s best clothes and hooded cloak. At his return to the tub, Vex was wiping himself off with the rags of his old clothes and shivering slightly. Caleb handed him the clothes and stepped back from the man.

“Thank you” Vex said as he took the clothes and started to put them on. Two minutes later Vex was fully dressed and stretching out his muscles. “Can you point me towards…”Vex paused in thought, trying to remember something.

Caleb turned and pointed towards a nearby road, figuring the man might wish to head towards town.

“Yes, Meldrum City?” Vex finished as he noticed the boy was already pointing.

“For your troubles lad, I will leave my helm. It is dirty but you should fetch a good amount of coin fer it.” Vex said as he placed the helm in the lad’s hands. Vex then took about another twenty minutes rigging a belt and a piece of rope he found to help him drag his armor behind him as he walked.

He nodded to the boy as he left and soon was upon the road towards a larger town.

A few hours later, Caleb’s father returned and noticed that things were missing and his son had an ugly, dirty, and dinged helm in his possession. Going to a piece of parchment, the man wrote with quill and ink a note then handed it to his deaf son. It read; what happened while I was gone?

Caleb opened his mouth and talked to the best of his ability. He stammered and paused as he explained what conspired a few hours back. Then he showed his father the helm he got in return for his help. The father eyed the piece and at first, decided it was junk and his son got tricked for his generous nature, but at closer inspection and a little bit of cleaning, the helm showed to be made of fine steel with intricate scrolling and designs. At the right armory they could get enough money to feed the horses and themselves for the year. Smiling, he rubbed his son’s head and then hugged him. They both smiled after that and Caleb told his father jokes about the condition he found the knight in.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font to small)
Back to top Go down
The dark sidious whisper

The dark sidious whisper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-11

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Bringing down the House   A forgotten soul IconbFri Mar 11, 2011 11:55 pm

A few days after escaping from Hell.

I followed the false righteous priest down the winding roadway. My skin, pale as the full moon radiated a coldness out from me in pulses. The priest crossed through a gate into a small courtyard of a medium size old church. I could not go any further; the hallowed ground had a sanctuary border protecting it as all churches had. The consecrated ground’s wall almost blinded my eyes through my host’s gaze towards it. The protection of the church is a wall of silver-white brilliant light streaming up like a sheer cliff, only to dome over the entire property.

“s Father Gregory s! Hold s up a moment. I have s pressing business elsewhere. I am unable s to escort you to your s chamber.” I said in a wispy hollow voice.

Father Gregory turned to respond but was interrupted by another voice, then followed by the man whom spoke out.

“Father, I found your horrid notes. You cannot do this. It is not right in the eyes of the Lord. These people are good Christians. No! I am going to fetch the Bishop and put an end to this all.” A small young priest said hurriedly as he tried to slide by Father Gregory.

I moved to the edge of the boundary and blocked the passage out of the courtyard to the street. Gregory looked to me and I returned a stern malicious glare back to him. My intent was clearly read by the young priest and Father Gregory. This man can’t leave at any cost.

“Thaddeus! No, No. You do not understand. I am a vessel of God. He bestowed upon me this task to cut the sick roots of the unclean faith. If you cannot have the faith in this, then you are no better than them. What of you? Do you have the faith in me? I am the hand of God in this kingdom now. My will be done?” Father Gregory ranted in his blind sin filled faith.

Greed, lust, wrath, and many more sins to come are my goals. Gregory's soul will be my canvas and sin, sweet sin, will be my paint. Spreading chaos and evil deeds all over this land will be the unsaid motto for now on. Our pyres of the true faithful will choke the Almighty himself.

I reached for the nearest thing I could, a flag pole outside the gate. A solid wooden pole with a gilded golden spearhead at the top was what I wrenched out of its stand. I ripped the flag of Meldrum off its moorings and threw the trash to the gutter. I was prepared to run this young priest through as he exited but, was halted by my own thoughts. Yes, I could kill two problems with one spear.

“Catch, Gregory s!” I spoke as I threw the spear to him.

Gregory caught the spear after a few fumbles, gripping it tight, he showed thoughts of doubt. I quickly plied my reassurances and stoked the fires of his current sin, Pride.

“You musts do it, show to s everyone and to the Almighty s himself that you can be his s hand.” “Do s its!”

The young Thaddeus backed towards me, away from Gregory. “No. Father, you are better than this. Killing a fellow priest?” he scrambled his words out fast.

“You are right, Ronald. I must do this. Thaddeus, do you believe me to be the Hand of God? Or do you think as the impure devils in this godless kingdom do? “Father Gregory heatedly questioned.

“I do not believe. I believe you have turned down a dark path Father. Your devil is behind me and you are doing his wor...”

His words cut off before he could finish them. Father Gregory ran the man straight through. Blood spattered out like rain. The instant the first drop hit the holy ground, the boundary of the church came crashing down. I smiled, two problems gone. I stepped onto the now fouled grounds and watched the man start to die. I tilted my head curiously as he fell to the ground. He seemed to have no pain in his eyes. His body would say otherwise, including his face, stricken with pain and thrashing. His mouth is coughing up blood and body convulsing toward death. I could not figure out why the ugly pious man’s eyes showed no pain in them, but quickly I did not care. I moved to the ground behind the dying priest, laying in the gathering pool of blood and whispered to him.

“Your s God does not s love you. Confess to love our deeds then pray to s my master and reject s your Almighty. I will save you from s death’s grasp.” My voice whispered out to only him to hear.

“I wil...l...no....t...con...fe...ss..I ....lov...e..GOD!” his response sickened me a moment. I stood with a sneer and moved to Father Gregory.

“I have s changed my s mind, I will join you s inside. Everything feels s great.”

The light behind the eyes of Thaddeus went out soon after. His body disposed of later in the evening under a cloud of fog. The Wraith inside of Ronald gave his now mutilated body to the depths of the ocean.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font to small)
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm

(((hmmmm....now its beginning to make sense. More, more.)))
Back to top Go down
Luludja Lovari
Newb
Luludja Lovari

ME : A raven-haired beauty, it is a constant struggle to tame the wild, curling tresses, often drawn back by delicate silver combs when she attends to the court, and left free when she dons the traditional attire of her people, too proud of her favorite feature to modestly cover it. Her eyes are expressive, a constant betrayal of her passionate emotions, in a brilliant shade of emerald green. Olive skinned, fine boned, and petite, she rises only to a little more than five foot three, with a narrow waist, and subtle curves. Her right arm and shoulder are decorated in intricate floral tattooing, and she is almost always adorned with jewelry; from her golden nose ring, to copper bracelets, belled bangles and dangling earrings. For her own protection, she carries two daggers, their jeweled hilts tucked into her sashes, or depending from her narrow belt. Her attire varies, from layers of silken skirts and sashes, embroidered vests or soft linen blouses when she performs, to the more ornate gowns of a lady with satin slippers, but always she is accompanied by the silvery sound of tiny bells, sewn into the hems of her garments by her own hand, a chime of music in her every step.
Occupation/Titles : Division Leader of the Royal Order of Courtiers, First Lady to Her Majesty, Queen Caillean, Her Grace, Duchess Car Zenesa, Lady Luludja of the Lovari Vitsa
Humor : Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-02-05

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm

(This log has been edited for ease of reading. Portions of the play have been excluded to provide only what pertained to the events that unfolded around Vex that night.)

A sweep of black brocade brushed the floor of the tavern,damp from the streets beyond, as Luludja stepped within, a faint weariness to her features mingled with concern. But, she was here now to relax and allowed the stress of the day to roll off her slender shoulders with the sweep of her cloak. A brief glance around, and she considered walking right back out the door. A faint scowl appeared, though she managed a semblance of politeness and bowed her head, albeit briefly, to Vex, before she strode to the bar and asked Maggie for a whiskey.

Vex looks to the entrance and nods to Lovari.

Luludja turned once the glass was in hand and tipped it to her lips, draining the contents before she spoke. "Still skulking about?"

"If keeping you jumping at shadows is skulking....then.. of course not Lady Lovari." Vex replied.

"I do not jump at shadows." Luludja said with a hint of annoyance in her heavy accent. "You should stay away from Lady Kyriah."

"Just like I should stay away from you huh Lulu?" Shade was sitting over there at the bar in his usual black pants and black tunic, but nothing else. A hot cup of cocoa being sipped slowly.

True to his name, he simply vexed Luludja, got under her skin in a way she couldn't explain. She spun about, however, hearing Shade, having not seen him there. "Why in the heavens should you stay away from me, pirano?" She asked with a faint hint of amusement once her heartbeat returned to normal. She placed the glass on the bar and nodded to Maggie to refill it.

"I will not stay away from her unless of course she tells me too." Vex asserted.

Shade just chuckled softly at Lulu's reaction and smiled softly to her. "Because I'm hardly a good influence and am horribly corrupting." Chuckles.

"Hmph." Luludja gave a little huff, determining she'd tell Kyriah she thought she should do just that.

Vex looks towards a nearby chair and speaks quietly. "K, can you believe the attitude?"

Shade laughed. "Be nice Lulu! I'm sure you can share Kyriah with him at least a little." Slow, almost wicked smile given to her.

"Oh, va, you are a terrible influence. You keep me from throwing things at people's heads." Luludja said with a faint grin. "Except for yours..." She said with a warning tone...

"Clearly!" Shade tsked.

Vex laughs on the inside. "Lady Lovari, have you heard the rumors on the streets? Dragons and orcs, with a dash of Demons spotted by a priest."

Were they both determined to goad her tonight? To be fair, Vex did that just by his presence, but Shade too? Luludja narrowed her eyes at him slightly, then grabbed the whiskey off the bar along with the bottle it had come from, and stepped toward an empty table. "I've heard no...rum...ors..." The sentence sort of fell off at the last portion of his statement. She almost asked what priest he spoke of, but then she remembered that priest was dead. Hans had killed him with his bare hands.

"Rumors on the streets don't mean much, unless the word reaches ears that wished the rumor not started." Vex said.

A loud thump comes from the corner floorboards followed promptly by another. Then a few muttered dwarven curses as a crowbar is forced up between the cracks and used to pry the nailed-shut trap door open.

Shade just shrugged. "That sounds pretty normal as far as I know." Laughs softly and then looks over to where Tynkre had pried up the floorboards. "Hullo Tynkre." Really who else would it be?

The dwarf pulled himself out of the hole then peered back in, "No, no, no, ye gotta stay down der, last time ye 'ad de gas and it durn near wilted de paint. So stay." Then he nudged the door shut with his booted foot. "Allo." he hiked his britches up and toddled to the bar ignoring Maggie to fetch his own tankard. "Ev'nin ot'er folks, Miss."

Luludja was lost in thought for a long moment, but the noise Tynkre generated, and then his appearance brought a broad smile to her lips. He always served to cheer her. "Good evening, Master Tynkre."

"Ev'nin Mi...er...yer Duchessness." Tynk frowned at the use of titles. The tankard of ale looked too small for his purposes.

"How're you doing Tynkre? Are we having a good evening?" Sip taken of his hot cocoa. Shade did like chocolate..what sane person didn't?

Vex stands and passes Lovari and whispers. "Your lovely remembrance of husband lost about your wrist is a beacon of character."

"Its a gooood ev'nin. Tings is workin' right, tunnels is clean, ale is free. What more could..." Tynk paused and tapped Lulu on the back, "Ye OK der?"

Vex ends his walk at the bar, and orders a wine, red.

Shade nodded. "Good, glad to hear it Tynkre." Nods. "You did fantastic work on Sheehan Tower by the way." Nods, smiles. "Have you had your physical yet?" Tilts his head.

Luludja stiffened when Vex spoke to her. Her green eyes slowly narrowed, and she shook her head to Tynkre. No, she was not okay. She was far from okay at the moment. Her chair scraped back, and she found her feet, shaking like a leaf. "You know nothing of my character. You do not know of what you speak." He couldn't.

Tynk ignored the question. "It taint nuttin more'n a bunch o'bricks piled up in a certain order, over and over agin." then took a long swig of the ale.

"Your character? Of high esteem it is. Just three days pass you helped a family without a home, by settling them into a small farmhouse that was unused. Three weeks past you gave more coin than a homeless man could count because he read the tarot similar to your family." Vex replied.

Luludja's voice came in a whisper. A dangerous undercurrent flowing through her words. "You tempt me sore, gadje."

"Now Vex," Shade said in that tone used when addressing a child who was doing something he knew was wrong, "it's not nice to go poking around inside someone without asking."

Propping an elbow on the bar and chin in hand Tynk glanced back and forth between Lulu and the strange fellow. Of course he took a sip everytime either voice rose and octave.

Kyriah would return from the privy to find that not only had Vex come but so had Tynk, Lulu. She waved to Tynk but did not interrupt Lulu and Vex as she returned to her seat and brandy. A brow lifted to Luludja. She noticed Shade as well and smiled to him but then needed to understand what was going on so she listened.

Tynk tipped his hat to Kyriah.

"Inside?" Vex asked.

Luludja didn't use that term often. It was derogatory, and something she reserved for those that angered her. He had already touched upon sore points with her, now to know he'd been delving into her business...her fingers curled around the emptied whiskey glass.

"Something I heard." Vex said.

Shade just gave him one of those "don't be a dumbass" kinds of Looks and then smiled over to Lulu. "Don't mind him Lulu, I'll teach you a few things later to keep him from being such a pest...if what I think it is is what it is."

Kyriah took a sip then reached to touch Lulu's hand. "My friend, do not be so quick to temper. It is not as you think. He does not see inside your head." She too looked to Vex with a look that would tell him to ease up.

]Vex shakes his head. "You are good example for anyone to look up to." Sees the look, stops.

Shade just went, "Uh huh," and then sipped his cocoa..oo thought! it was held out to Lulu then. "Here, drink this it'll make you feel better."

BJ steps in silently, and adjusts his swords slightly, the blades readily available.

"Luludja, you have been a friend to me for long, will you not trust my words?" Kyriah asked.

Luludja let her fingers slowly relax upon the glass, letting other words into her hearing, other faces into her field of vision. The glass clattered to the table as she turned toward Shade, and took the cup from him gently. Forcing her temper to cool even as she took a sip, then nodded to Kyriah slowly, just taking a long, slow breath.

Tynk wadded up little pieces of cloth and stuffed them in his own ears, no sense taking a chance someone might be looking into his head. Then he slurped the ale.

BJ watches Tynke...if someone looked in that dwarf's head, they'd see the wall beyond. Still quiet, he grabbed a seat at the bar and settled in.

Shade just laughed softly and waved with his tail over to BJ as he came in. "Good evening." Smiles over to Lulu too.

Vex looks back to K, sighing, then turns his head to Kyriah, eyes seemed to smile.

Kyriah would smile to Luludja then turn to Vex. "Vex, it is hard for someone to hear your words of them when in the reality we know, it should not be. Can you not offer an explanation to ease my friend's mind?"

Luludja had no idea what it was she was drinking. She glanced down into the cup, the anger in her expression fleeing for surprise. "What is this?"

BJ nods to Shade, and he was just content to be around others tonight.

"Its a cup." Tynk offered.

Luludja gave a small nod of greeting to BJ then, offering a soft smile. She was glad to see him up and about.

Heh, that was what Shade had been waiting for. Innocent smile. "Hmm? oh, it's just a drink." About as helpful as Tynkre.

Tynk had a keen eye for the obvious.

BJ gave a slow, long nod to Lulu, and a small smile her way...but his gaze was a bit concerned over what was wrong.

Luludja glanced between Shade and Tynkre, her slender brow arching. "Thank you, that answers my question so well." She said dryly.

"Good, glad I could help." Shade smiled.

Tynk smiled, then slurped his ale loudly.

Luludja looked over at Kyriah then, curling her fingers around the cup and tasting the contents again before she spoke. "I wish no explanation from him, my friend. I wish you would keep away from him. Mark me, he is trouble. A bengalo gadje!" She fair to hissed at Vex, before she took another cleansing breath.

Glancing to Shade, Tynk very subtly asked, "WHO'S DAT FELLER WHAT'S GITTIN CROSS WIT LULU..er...Her Duchessness?" forgetting his ears were plugged.

"Trouble!? Nae I am not this. You call me a devil...Lady Lovari...I do not understand." Vex said.

Kyriah frowned slightly. Then looked surprised at Vex that he seemed to know the romani words. A brow lifted. Then she turned to Luludja to see if she confirmed that he was right. Noting BJ's presence, she would give him a slight smile over the tension that was present.

"How about a poor character from a play?" Chuckles softly, Shade clearly wasn't bothered, and in fact snatched his drink from Lulu and took a sip himself. "It's called chocolate by the way." Nods.

Vex drank his wine glass empty.

BJ gave a slight bow of his head to Kyriah.

Luludja's eyes widened slightly, then narrowed to slits. She wouldn't dignify a response to him, but turned with a little disappointment to Shade when he took the drink back. "Oh..it is very good..sweet."

"I don't understand at all." Vex said to Kyriah. "She called me sukar an'delo the other night."

"Mmhmm!" Shade nods. "I certainly think so." Grins. It was the sweet stuff too, not that spicy bitter crap those Inca people were going nutty over.

"I have been gone too long.." Vex said.

Kyriah stared at him in wonder. She had no clue what that was. One thing she did not know any of, was Romani words. Other than those Lulu used for pet names for Angelina and herself.

"Kyriah, are you to call someone a devil if you like them?" Vex whispered.

Luludja's breath hissed in past her teeth, and she grabbed the bottle off the table top, half-full still, and flung it at Vex's head.

Shade thought about catching the bottle..shrugged, and let it fly.

Luludja began screaming at Vex, though the words were hardly intelligible even to those that could understand Rromani. She called him every name she knew, other than 'beautiful angel'.

The bottle careened off Vex's head.

Kyriah tilted her head slightly. "Of course I would not. But then again, I have ways of knowing if that is what they are..." Her words cut short by the whisper and then the flying bottle. She turned to Luludja. "Lulu! What is it that causes this?" Then turned to Vex to see if he was okay.

]"I am alright, just covered in drink again, twice in a week." Vex stated.

"Vex is being an ass." Firm nod. Shade stated in response to Kyriah's question.

"You...you come into this place, you frighten and anger, and now...now..." Luludja picked up the glass that remained and chucked it at him too. "Now, you dare to put words into my mouth, you dare...to ...LIE."

Tynk watched, sipped his ale. Then hopped down from the bar to fetch the mop and bucket.

BJ moves out of the way, but settles once more...but Lulu was his sister's "sister"...and as that, family. A word from her...

Vex stood, his presence gathering up like a summer storm..eyes narrow. "Lie! lie!"

"Umm......perhaps you could step to the other side of the room for a moment." Kyriah gave him an encouraging smile then turned to Lulu.

Soon the concealing magic on Vex's face was gone.

"No one...no one tells lies of me! You snake....you vile...evil..." Luludja ran out of words in English, her accent so thick it was almost impossible to understand them anyway.

Vex's scars visible to all, his tattoo, glowing mightily, the storm front of his being growing.

Kyriah could see the bluish white lite of the glyph and the scars from hell come to his face. "Lulu, please calm down." She looked to Shade knowing if anyone could calm her it would be him.

"I do not Lie.. to no one! I would not lie to the devil himself." Vex insisted.

Oh hell no! Shade wasn't getting involved. He just sat there looking as relaxed as ever sipping his hot cocoa.

"You can not face down the nightmares of Hell with seeds of lies inside your soul." Vex's solid fist pounds a table top.

There was nothing else in grasping distance to throw, save the daggers in her sash, and one slipped easily into Luludja's hand with a whisper against it's sheath. "And yet, you just did. I care not if you walked in Hell a thousand years!" She spat on the floor at his feet.

"If you do not have the Romani heart to admit your own words.." Vex began.

A quick glance to the others in the bar, was no one going to step between them? Tynk hiked up his britches, slung the mop over a shoulder.

"No. No I will not do this" Vex said.

Kyriah was taken aback. How had this come to surface. She had known Lulu too long to even entertain the idea that she was lying and Vex...well...this was all too confusing. "Luludja! Remember who you are and Vex, please, perhaps you should...." His face had changed once again. "....sit ... over there." She pointed across the room.

Vex sits, as he does the charged air of a summer storm was gone, his tattoo gone along with his scars, left was a smooth face.

"I will never admit to saying such a beautiful thing about one the likes of you. I say again." Luludja lifted the dagger and pointed the tip at him. "You. Lie." Her words were thick, but each carefully, and forcefully pronounced.

BJ's hand rested gently on the hilt of a sword, listening.

"I know who I am, Kyriah. The Rromani are many things. But we are not liars. Even such as we have more honor than that." Luludja stated.

As Kyriah turned back to Luludja she step between them facing Luludja. "And we know that Luludja. We know you would not lie. Please, put the dagger away. Please." Her voice was calm but firm.

"Don't be a piritorka. I hold your honor High.. You are a credit to your Clan. Even if they don't see it. Tell the truth." Vex moves back, but never looks away, his crashing waves of eyes look to her. Then his eyes rolled into the back of his head. His entire body quaked so hard a table flew back from him, he coughed as if blood spewed out of it, but nothing came.

Seems the fellow had a way of punctuating his compliments with insults, Tynk thought.

Luludja's breath left her with a rush, as though it had been knocked from her. The dagger clattered to the floor. Her delicate jaw clenched. She watched him, and for the first time she could ever recall, she hoped a man was dying.

"That's a fun way to have a temper tantrum." Shade finishes off his hot cocoa. "Awww" Looks down at the empty mug and pouted.

BJ shifts in his seat a bit, watching the going's on.

Vex's hands grasp a spear shaft at his abdomen, but again nothing. He falls slowly to the ground, the sounds of a dying man in slow pain ring in the tavern as a bell tower does at mass. His mouth stuck in pain, eyes wide and fading.

Kyriah stepped forward with her hand out to Luludja. The sound of the table moving caused her to turn quickly on her heel to see what was going on behind her. Her eyes on Vex not understanding. It took only seconds to get across the room and to his side. "Vex? Vex?"

Tynk righted the table, wiped it off. Inspects it for new knicks or scrapes, Aly would find a way to blame him he was sure.

Vex spoke with dying breath. "I wil ...l...no....t...con...fe...ss..I ....lov...e..GOD!" Then his eyes flickered back to waves, he stood.

Luludja could not see clearly beyond the tears that had gathered in her eyes and spilled in silence down her cheeks. Anger and pain washing through her. "Go to your god, and let him damn you." She said before she turned and fled out into the cold, leaving behind her cloak and her dagger on the floor. She needed the cold air and gulped it in as it stung against her damp cheeks.

"You are one of the most Honorable people I have met." Vex's stance is weak, but strength returns very slowly. He nods to Kyriah, a look of hold a moment.

BJ rises as Lulu leaves...and a questionable glance, it was not good for her to be alone out there.

That last bit of words puzzled the dwarf, he pondered them as he went to get another ale. Did the guy was he not going to admit he loved God or was he not going to confess to loving God. Pausing long enough to pick up the cloak and dagger for safe keeping.

Shade just siiiighed in annoyance as Lulu ran out the door. That was frustrating, but not unexpected. A wave of his right hand given over to BJ. "Don't worry, she'll be fine." Nods to him before smiling to Tynkre. "Thank you Tynkre, mighty kind of you."

Still not certain, but BJ nods to Tynke for collecting Lulu's things, and steps outside as well. He paused just outside the door...looking about, keen ears listening, hands at his belt.

Tynk tipped his hat in response. Then slurrrrrrped his ale.

Vex sat.

BJ's voice quiet, seeking her. "Lady Lulu?"

Luludja stood outside, trying to pull air into her lungs between the sobs that stole it. Her temper was well known, had been experienced by many, but none save Hans had been able to cut her that deeply. Her arms crossed over her chest, holding herself together as she shook her head to BJ. "I am alright, please, go in. I need a moment."

Kyriah glanced as her friend fled the inn. She nodded to BJ as she saw his expression. Then turned back to Vex. "I have to go to her."

BJ sees her, and moves to her...and of his own accord, a gentle hand reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Go." Vex said.

A light touch, there and then gone at her words, BJ speaks quietly. "It...do ye need anything?"

Kyriah would nod and hesitate a moment then look to the door. She moved in quick step to see to her friend.

Luludja shook her head, simply trying to make the tears stop. "No. I will be alright. Please..return to your leisure."

Quietly BJ said. "I cannot...leisure, when...ye are...family."

Stepping out into the night, Kyriah looked about. Seeing BJ first and then Luludja. She stepped up beside him and touched his shoulder then nodded to him that he should do as Lulu asked but giving him a look that said she would not leave her.

Spoken simply, BJ did not know what the term was for her, but for him, it meant a lot to say.

Luludja rested a trembling hand atop BJ's for a moment, a gesture not often given, in understanding. The cold air of the night braced her and she was finally able to quiet as she turned to face Kyriah.

Thoughts swirled in Vex's head.

BJ gave small smile in return, and a bow of his head though his eyes do not leave her...softly. "Ye know...I am only your brother's wife's brother...but...if ever ye need..."

"Luludja?" Kyriah asked, her voice very soft.

In Vex's head, this was not how he thought this evening would go.

"Thank you, BJ." Luludja said quietly, lifting a hand to wipe at her cheeks. She let her gaze fall fully on Kyriah, and she said quietly. "How? How could he know?"

BJ nods, and takes a quiet step back, his gaze moved past the women, listening to them but not...also listening to the night.

Kyriah could feel her eyes burning with the tears that seemed to refuse to stay hidden. "Lulu, he does not invade your mind my friend. He knows things because....." She thought about that. It was not her place to speak of Vex and his ways. "...please, just trust me." Then it dawned on her. "Luludja, what does he know. What did he say?"

Vex moves out the door. Spots Kyriah and Lulu and Bj. To himself, he asks K.."K? It must be done, I hurt her.. you would want me to."

Kyriah's back was to the door off to the side so she did not see Vex come out the door.

Luludja lifted her left hand, letting the tails of the red scarf wound about it flutter slightly. She was ready to answer, but then, seeing him step outside, she shrank back against the wall of the building. There was fear in her eyes, not of a physical assault, but another emotional onslaught that had already left her wounded and raw.

BJ notes Lulu's reaction, and turns, his eyes narrow slightly.

Kyriah noticed her reaction and would turn. Seeing Vex, she sighed. Then turning to Luludja, she saw that fear. Her brows knitting. "Luludja, he does not mean you harm. I know this.......don't ask me how but I do."

"Lady Lovari..I am sorry, I spoke out of turn. You did not call me a beautiful angel. I have wronged you. However you are a valiant keeper of honor. I have besmirched it. I am sorry." Vex moved to leave. "I am sorry to all.. I have made the evening crude. My manners awful."

"Wait." Luludja said quietly.

Vex stopped.

Kyriah turned and watched him as he spoke to Luludja. He had lied. He was admitting to lying to her. No, he wouldn't. Her eyes burned into him. Then she heard Luludja and thought perhaps this war was not yet over. She would turn to try to avert it but what she saw in Luludja's eyes was not the anger or rage she saw before.

Luludja took a slow, deep breath. She knew she had done just as much to provoke him. Another time she might have been amused at his words..but she did not like him in the first place and it made it difficult to take anything from him as jest. "I grant you forgiveness, but it is conditional." She finally said. "I will know how you know of my token. And you will tell me how you knew." He knew very well what she was referring to.

Listening quietly...but BJ also kept watch.

"I am sure you will not believe me." Vex turns and looks to her.

Kyriah did not know of what her friend was speaking but she knew Vex did. And she did not question it. She too had stood in Lulu's shoes only nights before. She could not believe that Vex would intentionally lie or provoke Luludja unless it was......was what? She stood beside her friend. Her look to Vex was full of question.

Vex stepped close to Lovari and Kyriah, just before he got to them he whispered to K, "I know I have too."

Luludja suddenly drew in a sharp gasp of breath, and when she exhaled her expression fairly crumpled. She realized suddenly that those words had passed her lips. But not in the way he had made it sound. "You.." She looked pained. "You did not lie. And yet, you twist words."

Vex swirled his finger, and all the torches were doused, the hearth inside embers, clouds block the moon. His face shivered and a glowing tattoo pulsated with blue-white light.

The magic gave BJ a bit of a start, and he stepped back,defensive.

More clouds pressed around them, shielding the three from view. "Touch my cheek, if you wish to know how. My words can not bring clarity to you fully." Vex said.

Kyriah was mesmerized by the darkening and the glowing of his glyph. The clouds surrounded them quickly. When he spoke, he knew what Luludja would discover but she still did not completely understand herself. But perhaps it would help.

Luludja's hand lifted, though she hesitated. Sometimes knowing was worse than not. But she had to know, and through the darkness, she touched the glowing glyph.

The darkness excluded BJ, but he could still hear, and he listened quietly, marking each's position by their voice.

Her touch let the light flow into her head.

Visions flooded through Luludja's mind, and she nearly lost contact. She was staggered. Her eyes closed for a long moment, seeing, feeling. She could feel tears sliding down her face afresh. Finally, she withdrew.

Vex fell to the ground, his face smooth again, the clouds gone, the fires lit again.

Luludja glanced at Kyriah, and then again at Vex, seeing his face as it used to be, as it was in the vision. She sank down to one knee and held out her hand to him.

Vex took her hand.

]Kyriah was down next to Vex a second after he collapsed. She gently touched his cheek with her hands then looked to Luludja. "Now do you understand? How he knows I mean."

"Kyriah.. Lady Lovari perhaps I should not stay. So far I have pained all." Vex said.

Luludja looked at Kyriah, her expression still bearing shock, but also remorse. "Va. I understand now."

"Shhhh......you will stay. You will stay at NightWind." Kyriah said firmly. "Can you walk?"

"No." Luludja said quietly. "You will not go. I..." Now this took some effort on her part. "I am sorry."

BJ settles against the building, listening...

Kyriah looked over to Lulu and then touched her hand. A smile of understanding on how hard that was to say. "Help me to get him up, aye?"

Vex stood, wobbly still.

Luludja nodded to Kyriah, her eyes full of remorse as she helped to steady Vex. She gave a small nod to BJ. She wasn't going to be throwing anything else tonight, or screaming anymore.

Once up, Kyriah would hug Luludja as a friend. "Will you be alright?"

"A bed.. yes anywhere." Vex said.

"Va... I...I didn't know." It was all she could say, and to explain it to anyone else would be impossible. Luludja understood now what Kyriah had meant.

BJ gave a bow of his head to Lulu, though his gaze questioned if she was all right.

"My horse is just there. Let's get you to NightWind." Kyriah would say her goodnights to Luludja and nod to BJ in appreciation.

It was too late, Vex didn't hear her, they were holding him and he spun with them, disappearing in the night, soon appearing far at Nightwynd.

Moments after they had left, Luludja returned in a small swirl of mist.

BJ pushes off from the building, and moves closer to Lulu, soft. "Ye are...better?"

Luludja turned to BJ and gently nodded. "Va. He...he was not trying to hurt me. I saw that clearly." It was almost like night and day, how quickly her attitude had changed. But knowledge will do that. "Please, let's go back inside." She said quietly as she turned back toward the door of the tavern.

BJ nods slightly, and a gesture for her to go first, before falling into step behind her and slightly to the side.

Shade waited until both Lulu and Bj were inside before he let the door slip shut softly. Shade simply heading off into the night humming softly to himself.

Luludja stepped back into the tavern, a little paler, and a great deal more weary, though she gently inclined her head to Tolroze as she noted his presence. She wondered at Shade's disappearance, but knew he would come and go as it pleased him. She released a shuddering sigh and perched at the bar, letting her eyes close for a moment. A memory of a night past flitting across her mind, bringing her comfort more than the glass of poured whiskey Maggie set on the counter for her.

Tolroze inclined his head to Luludja and BJ as he saw them arriving. "A good evening to you both."

BJ gave a nod to Tolroze. "Good eve." Still a bit concerned about Lulu, but he would not pry, he knew so little about her.

Luludja could see the concern in BJ's expression and she offered a small smile. "Do not worry. I will be fine. There is more I need to know, but...I was wrong. About Vex. About what he was doing. I was wrong."

BJ nods quietly. "Very well, Lady."

Luludja noted that her things had been set aside, and she carefully slid her dagger back into its sheath before drawing her cloak around her shoulders, letting the whiskey remain untouched. Her thoughts tonight were clouded enough without the drink. "I think I will go home...I have much to think on." She pushed away from the bar and gently inclined her head to them. "Good night, my lords." She said before she stepped out to gather her horse from the stables.

BJ gave a bow of his head to her, and settles in himself once more.

Tolroze inclined his head to Luludja again. "A good night to you, Luludja...the Light shine on you."

Last edited by Luludja Lovari on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/luludjalovari
The dark sidious whisper

The dark sidious whisper

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: The cries of the silent   A forgotten soul IconbThu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

The 16th of March

My eyes flick open as a cold breeze runs over my naked back. My eyelids blink slowly for they feel that weights have been sewn on them. It is then I realized my hands were tied at my back. Struggling in my bonds I grunt with pain, the rubbing is chafing my dry raw skin, producing a small amount of bleeding. My eyesight slowly comes to focus, my body is casting a large shadow across the room and so I cannot see much at all. Something just on the other side of the room is there, but I just can’t make out what it is.

Looking towards myself, I notice that I am hanging upside down, suspended by a strong rope attached to a eye hole bolted to the stone worked ceiling. The rope glows with a pale white light that emits from behind me. I jiggle myself to twist my neck around to see where the light is coming from. Up the wall behind me I see an iron grated window full of the pale light of the full moon. My head is throbbing with pain as all the blood in my body rushes down to it. This scary predicament is starting to worry me more and more.

I just don’t understand. How am I here? I was sitting at the dinner table having a small bite to eat, late in the evening. There was a knock at the door. A hollow voice was calling out my name. It was an urgent call for help. A priest in need was the reason. Opening the door was the last thing I remembered.

Bringing my thoughts back to the present, I started to shimmy myself in the tightly wound rope upon my body. Groaning in disgust as the rope wouldn’t budge, I spat to the floor. Right then, a single small voice grabbed my attention. Looking directly across from me, where earlier I could not make out the shape in the darkness, a familiar voice is speaking to me.

“Daddy?” the soft scared voice of my youngest calls out.

“Katy. I am over here.” I quickly respond to her.

“Da…ddY?” her tear filled sob of a question stabbed at me hard.

“Honey, I am here, you are not alone. Don’t cry.” I tried to keep in check my own tears as I answered her again.

“DADDY! Help me, Leave me alone. My Daddy will stop you. WAKE UP DADDY, pl…e…a…s..e.” her scared and worried tone had me furious. Someone was doing my little girl harm and I was helpless to help her. Then it hit me. Wake up daddy? I am awake. Can she not see me?

“Katy, I am awake. Baby, I am right here” I wanted to just rip these damn ropes off me and run over to her and hold her tight. I want to take the fear from her and make her feel safe.

“Why won’t you wake up Daddy? He says you are just sleeping, and if I can wake you then he will let me us all go. DADDY DADDY DAAAAADDDDDDDYYY!!!”

“Damn you! Show yourself, Leave her alone!” I screamed out. Blinking I noticed a figure in my casted shadow. It was just out in front of me. The moonlight ever so slight moving was starting to give me enough light to see more of what is in the room with me.

It stepped forward, closer to me. A knight he seemed to be. He was wearing chainmail and a white tunic with religious markings, I noticed as he was moving towards me very slowly. His mouth was open and black silk like being was partially hovering above his waist as the rest of him withered away into a tail which was down the Knight’s mouth.

“DADDY PLEASE. Please wake up!” Katy’s voice was coming from the black ghost. Was this a cruel joke?

A new voice spoke to me. “A parting s gift for you Thomas s” a dark whispery voice teased the air. “She was s ever so scared, her fear and s despair delightful to s taste.”

“Where is she! Show her to me, NOW!” I yelled to him.

It curled around me, its closeness made my skin crawl and my stomach ready to vomit. Each word it spoke gave me a shiver to my soul. Calling this thing evil would be using to light of a word.

“Listen to them s. All of them. S You failed them all, and their sadness and fear fed me well all night.” The wraith detailed.

At this moment the moon moved enough to see the shapes behind the knight. I cried, my body uncontrollably shook and my breathing heaved with no abandon. The entire whole of my family, each and every one of them, was hanging as I was, upside down from the ceiling. Their throats all were cut so deep that their heads barely were attached. Pale and cold their eyes looked to me. Their mouths were frozen in screams most likely for me. My failure to wake must have pained them so.

“Yes! Weep for them, they pleaded for you to wake, crying sweet tears. You broke them into bags of blubbering madness. You will be delicious as they were.”

“Shut Up! You monster, demon of Hell. I will kill you. Damn it. I will.” Screaming with anger, rage and wrath is all I could do.

The moon in all its revealing cruelty showed me more. Just below them were giant wooden tubs, filled to the brim with all their precious life’s blood. I vomited instantly spewing out violently. My eyes watered and tears rushed out as waterfalls for my wife, son, little daughter and my only brother. The McInseys are no more than me now. My entire family line is now gone.

“Now, now Thomas S you are not ready yet. Broken and alone. Utter despair is not all you have yet. Fear and madness the last ingredients before I feast on your soul. Time for my gift.”

The room filled with the voices of all of them. My family was shouting for me to wake up, so we could go. Their cries and pleading over and over was sending me over the edge. Their wailing and shouting, all of it was filling my ears and head. It was all too much. I have to get it out. “Stop! Damn it no…NOOO”

Their dead eyes were looking to me and tearing at my soul. Their frozen mouths are mocking me. Torturing me, these individual voices all interweaved with another. My life, my loves are gone. Their silent cries torturing me over and over. Finally, I slipped into madness.

The Wraith drew open his mouth. Fangs of black shadows bit into the aura around the terrified man. It was sucking in the pain, despair, fear, and madness like an evening dessert. After it had devoured his entire soul it retreated back into the knight wholly.

With a flick of his wrist, a small knife fell from a hidden spot in his sleeve to his hand. Quickly, he slashed open the neck of Thomas and a fountain of blood poured down to an await tub. Small red dots of blood covered the white tunic of the knight. Smiling he turned to leave the room. “Your family’s blood and your own will aid me on the morrow. I need to hide my doings from the prissy angels that ruin my fun.”
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Fester   A forgotten soul IconbWed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm

“ Vex, you go hide this time. Please!” the sweet voiced Angelina Reinhardt asked me.

“Alright, Angelina as long as Anne is alright with it.” I answered knowing that from Anne’s state of being she looked like she needed a break from the spirited child.

“It is alright with me Lord Vex” Anne responded.

I took off in a small trot into the forested glade we were having a small meal in. I could hear Angelina counting behind me and she was counting very fast. I noticed a fell tree in the middle of the glade and decided it was perfect. Swirling my hands I manipulated my surroundings and made myself appear as a large broken stump in the ground next to the tree that was on the ground. I knew I was cheating, but the surprise from Angelina and the laughter afterwards would be reward enough.

Finally, Angelina was done counting and started her search for me. Moving with light pace, eyes scanning everywhere she looked for me with poise and precision. She came to a stop after a few minutes and tilted her head to one side, as if she was listening to something. Shaking her head afterwards, she started walking right towards me with a large smile on her face. She knew where I was. It was only fair after the lengths I took to hide myself from her.

Suddenly she stopped moving then her smile faded and gave away to a look of fear. It was then when heard the snout blows of a boar. Turning still in my concealing veil of magic, I saw a large brown boar moved into the glade from the forest. It was larger than any boar I have ever seen. Ground to top of its back had to be almost four feet. All over its body were malformations of boils and pus pockets. Its eyes red with bloodshot looked to Angelina with malevolent intent. Stomping one of its front hooves, it snorted foul smelling flames of hellfire. Something from Hell had possessed this creature and twisted it.

Quickly I moved my right hand to my tattoo, readying myself to act. Anne at once ran to Angelina and wrapped her arms around her in protection.

“Lord VEX! LORD VEX! We need help! HELP!” she shouted in fear.

I wanted to hurry over to ease both of their fear, but I was in the perfect place to act. I could not give up this advantage. Hell doesn’t easily be fooled. My plan formed in my head, I was ready to spring when the beast would charge past my spot towards the two of them.

With a groan and roar of rage the boar charged towards them. Moving faster than any of its kind it made a lot of ground spew out behind it in cloud. Pinching my lips together, focusing my will and intent to head, ready to deal the stunning blow.

I dropped the veil as I pulled the holy sickle from my tattoo, glowing bright blue-white, and spoke with determination and perfect intent.

“SLEEP!” I said and to my surprise and with more force, Angelina said as well in the beautiful and choir sounding Angelic language.

Her will and intent mixed with mind and exponentially expanded the word of power out like an explosion. The boar halted instantly and fell to the ground, sliding towards my feet. I had to shake off the power that Angelina added with her speak before my second attack was loosed. Swinging my sickle into the sleeping beast the sickle passed right through the flesh of the innocent animal and hooked the possessing denizen within. Pulling the anamorphic black ooze of hell out of the beast caused it to emit screaming sounds of evil that echoed across the glade. Before it could leap from my blade to the ground, I snatched it with my gloved hand and squeezed.

It wiggled and flopped trying to free itself from my grasp. Flinging its jelly like ooze over my gloves to my forearm and wrist like a whip, it attached itself for more leverage. Its touch burning like acid into my flesh I grimaced with pain. Bubbles of pus formed under my skin, rising and bursting fling pus and more acid over more of my arm and some on my clothing.

I slammed my weapon down into the evil mass and my hand, my sickle changing shape to a dagger. Once pierced, the creature sizzled and shook violently as it dissolved into nothing leaving only an acid riddled glove and a bleeding hand, which was mine.

I turned and placed the weapon back into my face, the tattoo reforming. I ran to Angelina, who was wavering with fatigue. Anne was on the ground and sleeping soundly. I scooped up Angelina into my arms.

“Angel, whom told you to do that?” I asked.

“I. I. I just knew to do it. I don’t know.” She answered with energy fading quickly from her.

“Angel dear, you did too much, but thank you for your help.” I said

“Vex, I could see you, it just felt right to help. I knew you would save us, but something… urged me.” She said as she fell asleep.

Troubling thoughts ran through my mind as I scanned the glade. “Too much. You need to learn to focus your intent and will to the task at hand. You put too much of yourself into it, Angel.” I said to myself.

Everywhere I looked for at least three hundred feet from Angelina, were sleeping creatures. All forms of life in this meadow were out. Birds fell from the sky, crickets and the ants not moving in work. She needs a teacher and it seems I have been directed to help. She is very powerful, for it is natural in her. I learned to use this power from a quest for knowledge and now I need to impart wisdom and knowledge to her before she hurts herself or anyone else by mistake.

One last look to the boar before I touched the sleeping Anne the nanny showed that it was already returning to whatever size it was before it ran across the Hellish ooze. Everything thing here will awake sometime late tomorrow, so I was content in leaving it all behind.

With a swirl a fog surrounded us and poof; we were gone from the glade.

Later that day, Angelina was sleeping in her bed as I watched close by. When she wakes in a few hours she will need to do things that strengthen one’s soul. For a child, playing and learning new things will be sufficient enough to do it. Her mother’s love and hers in return to Kyriah will also quickly rejuvenate her soul. By this time tomorrow she wouldn’t even remember she was fatigued and her memory of today’s events would be forgotten. She would remember the nice day we had in the forest and the delicious meal we partook in.

Anne, asleep in her quarters will not wake till late next day. She will not remember much of anything but otherwise be well. I have sent a message by raven to Kyriah to have her return immediately. I would just go and get her myself, but after the attack I will not risk it. I am not entirely sure that Angelina was the target or me. The ooze might have been searching for me and upon finding the lass decided to cause some harm.

I will have to think hard on today’s events and speak with Kyriah at great length about many things. Looking at my left hand, unwrapping the crude bandaging I used, and my wound was festering in my palm where I plunged the holy knife into the creature and into me. My arm was still befouled with bubbles of acid and pus ready to burst. Acid burns dotted my wrist and arm and they were turning a sickly yellow. I needed help soon but will not leave this home till I know Angel is safe.
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Blood in the Eye   A forgotten soul IconbSat Mar 26, 2011 7:37 pm

[size=12]It took most of the night, but he finally did it. Seventeen different points along the edge of Meldrum City, Ronald had scribed an Angelic glyph in blood upon the ground or stone. Now, he sat in the center of town, a large map unfurled before him on a small wooden table above a newly placed stone hearth roaring with flames. Dipping his quill furiously in an inkwell of blood, he placed the same glyphs on the map to the exact coordinates he placed them earlier in the city. Then, he used a paint brush to draw the glyph over the entire city depicted on the map.

Standing up and removing a knife from his belt, he sliced his palm. His face gave no response to the pain, only the look of horrid glee rang from him like church bells after a wedding. Speaking in a corrupted version of the Angelic language he began a blood rite ritual.

“I close your eyes to the world. I close your eyes to your creations. I close your will to the blood of the people, by the blood of the roots of the family now removed. In your shunning name I blind you and yours to my actions and those that live within. I blind you till the stain turns the fabric of your creations here black with sin. So black and disgusting it will burst this blinding seal and rain acid and corruption down on your pristine heaven full of turned backs!”

At the conclusion of his spell he slammed his bloodied palm down upon the map and table with immense strength. His impact sent his blood combined with the blood on the map into the fire below. Burning the spell and his hand as payment, his will sent a shockwave from the spot to all the marked sigils he laid out. A red-orange light could be seen pulsating out in a shockwave for a short minute before the light of the sunrise washed out the light with its own.

Pulling his hand from the fire, the skin burned and red, the hairs of his hand and wrist smoldering and withered, Ronald snarled and with an uneven balance walked away. With each step and every minute, the spell’s cost of stamina weighed more and more on Ronald, the Wraith’s host body. Bloodied hand, and wounded arm from fire he fell into an entryway of a manor house. For now, this would be his body’s resting place. The Wraith inside him, controlling his every action since its arrival in him would exert its own will if it wished to move. Though being present in the Wraith’s thoughts, he knew that trouble and chaos was being wrought on any whom would be the Good Samaritan for him this morning.

[/size]
Back to top Go down
The dark sidious whisper

The dark sidious whisper

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Blood in the Eye   A forgotten soul IconbSat Mar 26, 2011 7:40 pm

[size=12]It took most of the night, but he finally did it. Seventeen different points along the edge of Meldrum City, Ronald had scribed an Angelic glyph in blood upon the ground or stone. Now, he sat in the center of town, a large map unfurled before him on a small wooden table above a newly placed stone hearth roaring with flames. Dipping his quill furiously in an inkwell of blood, he placed the same glyphs on the map to the exact coordinates he placed them earlier in the city. Then, he used a paint brush to draw the glyph over the entire city depicted on the map.

Standing up and removing a knife from his belt, he sliced his palm. His face gave no response to the pain, only the look of horrid glee rang from him like church bells after a wedding. Speaking in a corrupted version of the Angelic language he began a blood rite ritual.

“I close your eyes to the world. I close your eyes to your creations. I close your will to the blood of the people, by the blood of the roots of the family now removed. In your shunning name I blind you and yours to my actions and those that live within. I blind you till the stain turns the fabric of your creations here black with sin. So black and disgusting it will burst this blinding seal and rain acid and corruption down on your pristine heaven full of turned backs!”

At the conclusion of his spell he slammed his bloodied palm down upon the map and table with immense strength. His impact sent his blood combined with the blood on the map into the fire below. Burning the spell and his hand as payment, his will sent a shockwave from the spot to all the marked sigils he laid out. A red-orange light could be seen pulsating out in a shockwave for a short minute before the light of the sunrise washed out the light with its own.

Pulling his hand from the fire, the skin burned and red, the hairs of his hand and wrist smoldering and withered, Ronald snarled and with an uneven balance walked away. With each step and every minute, the spell’s cost of stamina weighed more and more on Ronald, the Wraith’s host body. Bloodied hand, and wounded arm from fire he fell into an entryway of a manor house. For now, this would be his body’s resting place. The Wraith inside him, controlling his every action since its arrival in him would exert its own will if it wished to move. Though being present in the Wraith’s thoughts, he knew that trouble and chaos was being wrought on any whom would be the Good Samaritan for him this morning.

[/size]
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 pm

(We're just a MAGNET for these off the all wraith type things that want to rule the world!! He he he.... EXcellent writing!!))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbMon Mar 28, 2011 2:22 pm

((That's cuz you have such kick-butt demon warriors in your midst!! I agree, good writing.))
Back to top Go down
Luludja Lovari
Newb
Luludja Lovari

ME : A raven-haired beauty, it is a constant struggle to tame the wild, curling tresses, often drawn back by delicate silver combs when she attends to the court, and left free when she dons the traditional attire of her people, too proud of her favorite feature to modestly cover it. Her eyes are expressive, a constant betrayal of her passionate emotions, in a brilliant shade of emerald green. Olive skinned, fine boned, and petite, she rises only to a little more than five foot three, with a narrow waist, and subtle curves. Her right arm and shoulder are decorated in intricate floral tattooing, and she is almost always adorned with jewelry; from her golden nose ring, to copper bracelets, belled bangles and dangling earrings. For her own protection, she carries two daggers, their jeweled hilts tucked into her sashes, or depending from her narrow belt. Her attire varies, from layers of silken skirts and sashes, embroidered vests or soft linen blouses when she performs, to the more ornate gowns of a lady with satin slippers, but always she is accompanied by the silvery sound of tiny bells, sewn into the hems of her garments by her own hand, a chime of music in her every step.
Occupation/Titles : Division Leader of the Royal Order of Courtiers, First Lady to Her Majesty, Queen Caillean, Her Grace, Duchess Car Zenesa, Lady Luludja of the Lovari Vitsa

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbThu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Dawn was creeping through her windows. Luludja stirred from her place beside the kitchen fire, tearing her eyes from the low burning flames. The night had been spent sleepless, restless. There were times that it was still difficult to force a smile or pleasure into her expression. Tonight was one. It was near the day she had discovered she was with child a year before. A child that now slept easily miles away in Car Zenesa. She had remained at the townhouse, rebuilt from the rubble the earthquake had left behind the last night Hans had stepped into this house.

Briefly, her fingers smoothed over the lock of hair she held between them, a gentle stroking. She did not notice she was weeping until a droplet splashed against the back of her hand. She shook herself, and wiped at her cheeks, straightening her back against the chair where she sat. After a moment, she finally rose and slipped the bound lock of blond hair into the small pouch at her belt.

Her fingers brushed against the edge of the cards inside the pouch, and she considered for a moment again trying to see if she could determine from the cards what was ailing the queen, but up til now, she had been able to glean nothing. She thought back on how her frustration and worry had finally spilled over into tears in the garden after court and the unlooked for comfort she had received. Her dark head lowered for a moment, and then she sank down again before the hearth.

A cool breeze drifted in through the window, carrying with it the scent of the newly turned earth in the herb garden beyond the kitchen, clearing her senses. Perhaps she could not see the Queen in the cards, but maybe she might gain some insight into what was coming her way.

Her fingers sifted through the cards as she knelt close to the flames, shifting them as her eyes closed in concentration, clearing her thoughts and letting emotion drain away. She lowered the deck upon the hearth, resting her fingers atop the deck for a moment. Trepidation stabbed through her, but she shook it off, there was nothing to fear. With her eyes still closed, she slowly turned over the first three cards from the top, laying them out in a small arch. She took a long breath, and then her head whipped around, her eyes springing open, when she heard a thump against the front door, as if something heavy had struck it. She let the cards lie. She couldn't concentrate on them when such a mystery presented itself. She rose without glancing at them and hurried toward the front door, her bare feet padding silently against the cold tiles of the floor.

Behind her, a breeze drifted through the kitchen window, gusting across the hearth and stirring the hand-drawn cards. It teased the edges of the traveler, and caressed the surface of the knight's effigy, but as it touched the third card, the breeze seemed to gather strength, blowing the visage of the devil out of view and beneath a bin of root vegetables A second gust of wind blew through the room, circling it, and then concentrated upon the deck of cards resting near the hearth, causing the card at the top to flip from the stack, gentle breaths nudging the new card into the place vacated by the third Luludja had drawn.

As quickly as it had come, the unnatural breeze died away, leaving only the early morning wind to rustle the curtains over the open window as Luludja opened the door of her townhouse. She leapt back with a small cry of surprise as the figure of a knight toppled across her threshold. A small hand covered her mouth as she stared at him in shock, taking in the white surcoat over mail, etched with red crosses. For a moment her eyes swam, and she stumbled back, certain she was seeing some sort of shade wandering in the guise of her dead husband, but after a moment she noted the differences. He was not nearly so tall, the design of the surcoat was similar, but it was not the same. Hans' had only born one red cross, like the birthmark on Nadya's thigh. No, this was not
Hans or his shade.

And he was wounded. She saw the burned hand, the exhausted features, and she regained her composure and strength, gathering her wits about her. The wound did not seem life-threatening. There was no need to rouse the healers at the tower at this early hour, nor could she move him there without a cart. Instead, she hurried to the stairs and called for her cook and a maid to come help her. A few moments later, the two women trundled down the steps, blinking sleep out of their eyes, but fully awakened by the sight that they came down to. The three were soon able to shift the man inside, half-dragging, half-carrying him into the front sitting room and laying him upon a couch there. She left her maid to keep an eye on him for a moment, as she and her cook returned to the
kitchen.

The cook hurried outside to draw water from the well to boil for cleaning his wounds, while Luludja returned to gather her cards. She stood before the hearth, looking down at them for a long moment. She had seen the middle card before, when she had seen the foretelling of Hans' death, months before it had come to pass. A knight, wounded, at or near death. And before that one, The Traveler. She glanced back at the hall that led to the door and off it the sitting room where a wounded knight now rested. It was the third card that bothered her the most; lovers entwined in intimate embrace. She squeezed her eyes shut, and shook her head, then crouched down and scooped the cards together, tucked them back into her pouch, and returned to the sitting room to
tend to her unexpected guest.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-09-26

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Apr 03, 2011 3:24 pm

((What an awesome post!!!))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSun Apr 03, 2011 5:31 pm

((total agreement here. Very obvious that there is more to come. I can't wait!))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Healing Vex    A forgotten soul IconbSun Apr 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Part 2 of Fester

Kyriah turned to him. Her voice louder and then catching
herself, she lowered it. "What do you mean you were attacked. By what? Where?" Her motherly instinct was very demanding but she did not wish to wake her child.

“Rachel and Angelina are fine. However a boar was possessed by a denizen of Hell. Angelina and I were playing a game she called Hide and Seek today in a Glade a few miles into the forest.”

Her eyes really saw him then. The blood at his feet, dripping from his bandaged hand that was now crimson in color. She looked to his face that seemed even more pale than it should. She laid a hand softly on her
child's hair then walked over to him. "A demon boar?" Her hands gently going to the hand that was bandaged.

“The boar was innoccent..the creature inside of it, which I removed, is called..well I call it Hellish ooze. It is anamorphic.” He touched her shoulder.

Kyriah looked up to his eyes. "You are hurt badly. Let me call Elspeth, the healer aye?"

His explanation continued. “Kyriah. Angelina helped defeat it. She did not need to. It was instinct.” Then he would respond to her worried eyes. “I need more than a healer, but it can wait.”

Her brows rose as she blinked at him. "What do you mean she helped defeat it. You let her?"

He pales more. “I let her do nothing. I was in mid strike. She was 30 feet behind me. She doesnt know how or why..she said she felt an urge to Help.”

Kyriah was concerned. He looked as if he might pass out at any moment. "Then how, how did she help defeat this, this thing."

“Do you know that I can speak Angelic? As does Angelina.”

Kyriah was urging him over to the table in Angelina's room so he could sit down.

Vex continued. “It sounds like a chorus of voices singing when spoken.” He would not sit, for if he did, he would lose focus.

Kyriah suspected Angelina could speak the language of the angels but never wanted to acknowledge it. "I suppose I knew she could speak Angelic and yes I know you can." The memory of him speaking it to her their first meeting after he had returned, at the tavern surfaced in her memories. She quit trying to get him to sit and stared at him. "How did her angelic words help?"

“One can use the words, certain words for power. I spoke the beast to sleep. And at the same time, she did as well.. I used enough will and intent to only send the beast asleep but Angelina used too much. Her effect was wide..unfocused. Everything within 300 ft went asleep…including Rachel. I almost fell asleep. Had I not been speaking, I might have.”

Kyriah understood the angelic language and had worked with just a few words of it herself when using Bahnharrower, her sword, but she herself could not say she could speak it on command. "Are you sure she is okay?" Kyriah glanced back to her daughter once again with a concerned look.

“She was lucky but she needs to do things to heal her soul…be a kid, feel your love,things like that. All will be right in the morn.” Vex’s expression was very grave. “She needs to learn..this cannot happen again. She wont remember any of this but…” His bloodied bandages start to turn black.

"Vex!" She touched his arm. "Angelina is fine. You are hurt. What do you need to help you if my healer cannot?"

He tilts his head, as if listening to something. “Holy water, dressings blessed by a virtuous priest, a drop of blood from love that is true.” Then he looks to her moving his head back to normal, suddenly grabbing her wrists. “Angel needs to be taught. Promise me someone will help her.”

Kyriah listened carefully to the alarm in his voice. Her eyes grew big as he grabbed her wrists. "I promise I will do what I can but I don't, I don't know how to teach her. Vex, Father Anthony will have holy water and can bless the dressings. Let me send word to him, please. You need help right now!"

Vex was beginning to fade, a little unsteady in his posture. “Find a teacher. No try. Find one promise me first!”

"Vex, I will...I will find one." In her mind, she knew only Vex who seemed to understand what Angelina had done. Perhaps he would be the only one. "Now please, let me send for the Father."

He finally nodded and moved to the side room, but wouldn’t go out of sight of Angelina. His bandages just fell apart and the ugly mess of the boils and bursting acid and pus became apparent.

Quickly, she ran out of the room, calling to the closest castle worker and sent them with instruction to get Father Alexander. She came back in and came over to him. "He will come soon." She looked again at the wounded arm.

Vex’s blood quickly turning black, white foam dripping. His arm now a deep purple.

Kyriah drew in a breath at the sight. "Oh Vex! What have you done?"

“My duty,” was his response.

She then looked into his eyes. "Thank you for her life. Thank you for protecting my daughter."

His hand at closer inspection showed sign of a dagger wound, to the palm, it too was festering slightly, but not as bad as his arm. His rolling waves within his eyes, showed worry, he could die. The creature's touch was toxic. Even the smallest creatures in hell have the worse bite. “I had to hold it, K. My glove could hold back for so long. It touched my arm many times. If I had been in mail and armor I would have been fine. I should never have left without it on. I wanted to give her a good day. How could I be a father to her.. ” He caught himself too late for he wasn’t sure if Kyriah was ready for him to care for her child like that.

“You did not know Vex that it would turn out this way." She did hear his words but she had no time to entertain them at the moment for the Priest came running in the door, breathing hard from moving so quickly and stopped as he saw the two standing in the sitting room of Angelina's bedroom. His eyes went to the now uncovered mess that was Vex’s hand and arm.

"I came as quickly as I could, Baroness." He gave Vex a very inquisitive look as if half afraid of the unknown. "I brought holy water and blessed clean dressings."

Vex looked to the Priest and began to give instruction. There was no time to lose. “Pour the water... over the wound!” His eyes fading, he would pass out soon.

Father Alexander stepped up and uncorked the container. Giving the man a
look of concern. He held it over the arm and hand and poured. Making sure it covered all areas. It seemed the vileness in his wounds wanted to fight the
water as the snaps and pops and fizzles came from his arm. The smell of the gas that rose from the wound filled the area where the 3 of them stood.

Kyriah felt her stomach wretch.

“One drop of the blood,then wrap.” With that he fell to the floor, he would be out in seconds.

At his words, the priest looked to her in question. Kyriah pulled her dagger from the small of her back and cut her palm. She could hear him when he told her the first time. The blood must come from true love. Her heart beat wildly in her chest. Quickly she held her hand above his arm and allowed one drop to fall in its center where it seemed the worst. Then she looked to the
priest, taking the bandages out of his hands. He seemed to come to his
senses then and helped her as they wrapped his hand and arm, gently but securely, covering all areas of the affected area and the puncture wound. Once it was done, Kyriah would realize a tear had rolled down her cheek. She leaned down to listen to make sure his heart still beat and his lungs still inhaled and exhaled.

Vex was alive. Under the bandages the wounds were healing, slowly.

Kyriah would call to 3 guards. "Take Lord Vex to his room. Gently!" She looked to the priest. "Father Anthony, thank you.”

Vex murmurs in his half-conscious state,“K....K........Kyriah. My Angel.”

She turned at his words just as the guards were lifting him. "It's me Vex, Kyriah, I am here. I will not leave you."

“I never left you. You were with me always K.” he murmured. Vex ran a high fever to aid in fighting off the taint. His hands moved to touch her face, but he was seeing things.

Kyriah thought about his words a moment. He had called her K
before but he had also seemed to speak to another as K. Could they be... She
was drawn out of the thought as his hand reached forward. Her own hand
coming to cover his.

His hands finally found hers. "Kyriah, my love."

Very softly, Kyriah kissed upon the unbandaged hand. "I am here Vex."

His fever got higher and he began to sweat heavy, he shivered as
he was bathed in chills.

She could feel the fever running through him. Father Anthony
looked to her. "I have done all I can aside from pray for his life and his soul. Strength it will give him. You stay with him Kyriah...it is you he
needs now."

Kyriah nodded to the priest as the guards began carrying Vex down the
hall and turning down the second hall to the room where he had been staying. Kyriah never let go of his hand as she walked with them. Father Alexander would watch her go. Chills ran through his body and he would make the sign of the cross before him and kiss the cross that hung from his neck before turning to return to his prayer room.

Vex's eyes flickered open and waves darted back and forth quickly, as with confusion. He squeezed her hand, the ichor of hell was defeated, but now his body needed healing of another kind.

Kyriah was speaking to the guards, telling them to be easy with him. When she looked back, she could see his eyes were open and different."Hang on Vex, we are nearly there."

Time would heal him slowly, but there were other ways to step up the process.

As they got to his room, she would make sure they placed him upon his bed softly and gently, dismissing them with a nod and a thank you though it was not expected from them. A maiden had followed them as well, readying the fire and preparing a fresh urn of water with several cotton rags to the
side. Kyriah would nod to her but dismiss her as well. She would wet one of the rags and then sit beside him, gently daubing it across his forehead.

Words were suddenly spoken from him but it was not his voice, as it was bright
and holy in sound.

“I am Uriel, Archangel of the Almighty, The Watcher. Mortal, I give thanks to thee. Let him know that this was a threat against him alone. I brought to light the problem in the making. He will have to deal with it. Kyriah Reinhardt, I will grant you a question if yea wish.”

Kyriah pulled back slightly at the strangeness of the sound of his voice. Realizing the situation as she heard him and anger would fill her. "Archangel of the Almighty? Why? Why does he have to deal with it. You nearly got him killed is what ye did.
And my daughter."
He may have thought to grant her only one question but she would have her say.

“The Ichor was not sent by me, Kyriah Reinhardt. I only used the attack to bring to light something with your daughter. She will have a teacher now. When she is ready. Do you ask me a question? Or was this your query?”

Her ire was still evident. “Your answer is to alter things and use things at yer will. And do not assume that I cannot protect my own child.” Then her voice eased in emotion. “I have no questions for you Archangel Uriel but I do have a request. Do not let Vex die."

“Vex will not die. You made sure of that tonight.”

She was ready to pursue her line of conversation with him for she did not understand his response for the second time this day that she had been told it was her that saved him. By Vex and now by this intruder to Vex’s body.

As the last word left his mouth, Vex finally regained control, successfully kicking Uriel out. "Bloody Hell Uriel! I am not your damn Puppet.”

He then looked to Kyriah. "What does the thick head want?” He was already sounding stronger.

Hearing his voice, she leaned close. "Vex? Are you alright?"

“I will be. I wont let this stop me, now that I am back here with you. Nothing will tear me away from you two.”

She smiled to him as her heart almost went to panick for reasons she was not sure of. "Rest, you need your rest."

He nodded. “What did Uriel, the stubborn want, Kyriah?”

She sighed. "He wanted me to tell you that the attack was
meant for you, not Angelina. That is was to show you that Angelina needs someone to teach her. He wants you to teach her."

“He sent the boar? Damn him. He endangered Angelina!”

"No, I don't think he sent the boar, but he did take advantage of the situation at the very least and that angers me."

((to be continued))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul IconbSat Apr 09, 2011 12:26 am

"Surely an angel would not send harm purposely to my Angelina. I fear this would make me doubt his loyalties."

"Uriel? He does as the plan sees fit."

"But she is just a child and one of peace. Angel blood runs through her."

"We... meaning humans are tokens on a board game to them. How to win the war over our immortal souls is their pupose. Though of all the Angels I have met, Uriel is least intolerable.." Vex laughed weakly.

Kyriah tilted her head in confusion as she looked to him. "Is that how you see the light?"

"Nae, The light is pure. I am just saying the messengers of the light sometimes take liberties".

Kyriah knew that it was true that she had spent many hours cursing the ones that had fated her the role in her life but she never thought of it as a game. "So Uriel, he is just a messenger?"

"The angels are the generals, soldiers, teachers, etc.. of God"

Her father had not been a warrior in the realm of the light. He had been a General, a leader, yet he was termed Angel. This was confusing to her. Never a messenger. She decided to let that thought go for the moment. "How are you feeling?" Kyriah put the rag to water once more and rung it out as she sat on the bed beside him.

"I will live, thank you. You saved me."

"I did only what you instructed." She did not take compliments or praise well.

"Yes, the bandages, the holy water and the blood of one whom love is true." Vex reminded her.

Kyriah blushed and looked down but the corners of her mouth streched upward just slightly. "Regardless, I do not wish Angelina to be such an easy target for any dangers, whether they come from above or below." Quickly changing the subject.

"You wish me to leave? I can" He moves as if to stand.

"NO!" said with more force and speed than she had intended. Then her voice would lower. "I mean, I just think we should figure a way to keep her safe is all." Suddenly she was uncomfortable in her own skin.

"Kyriah, she is watched if Uriel himself talked to you. They are not using cherubs or gregori to watch her. An Archangel is keeping eyes to her. Though to help, I can help teach her to fend for herself and of course I can train some of your men on things to look for."

Kyriah stood up and would walk over to the window and then left and right in front of it. A habit she mimicked from her mother Aisling when nervous or anxious. "But what if you had not....helped her? How do we know no harm would have come to her?" She stopped and looked at him then paced again. "She is so very young, and she is just a normal child Vex. That is all. Perhaps training the guards would be good but Angelina...." She stopped and looked at him again. He would see the love and worry of a mother in her eyes.

"If I did not help her, he would have done as what happen, having her help herself and if that didnt help, intervention from himself." He stood, looking at her worry-filled eyes. Vex moved to her and gave her a small embrace.

"You know this for sure?" Her voice showing aggrivation.

Vex looked into her eyes, waves rolling.

Her own eyes mesmerized by his.

"What I know, is I vow to keep her safe, by any means at my desposal. I will keep you both safe."

"I know you will try Vex. But there are some things that can not be forseen. There are somethings that free will controls not only for us but for those of lesser character. You see the past...not the future."

He also saw the present, but would not voice this "It is good to fear the future. Steel your resolve to handle what comes but do not harden yourself to become steel yourself. For Steel can break. Be an Oak, strong and wise, it bends and doesnt break. Enjoy what you can. Trust those around you. If you imprison your love for fear of what could happen. You let evil win.

Kyriah paused a moment trying to steady her voice and not act like a silly female, but the warrior that she was. "She is my only daughter and my life. I would give mine for hers. I wish only that she be safe." was her only response.

Vex smiled. "Good, lets make her safe, and have her feel safe. Having people that care for her around her will make her feel safe. You do an excellent job at this."

She thought about how anyone in close proximity to Angelina would feel the euphoric effect and peace and calm that comes over them and smiled to him. "You are right in your words, I know. I guess I just want to protect her and let her have what I did not. A childhood. One without monsters and demons."

"But you, also being completely happy, will make her feel even safer. Do not let yourself be unbalanced, blinded to a power force. She will, by my blood she will have what is deserved."

Kyriah had stopped pacing and was still standing in front of him looking into his eyes. His words touched her deeply inside. "Thank you."

"And you, Kyriah, will find love for yourself. I swear this by my blood." With a flick of a wrist, a small blade was produced from his person.

Kyriah looked to the blade then back to his eyes. "It is not a matter of finding love Vex, it is a matter of returning it, for people die that I allow myself to love."

He cut his right forearm sealing his oath to her. Every hearth within a mile quivered with empathy, the bodies of water did the same. "You not returning the love out of fear for what might happen, lets Evil control you. Even if you think it is for protection. Good intentions line the road to Hell, Kyriah."

She watched as the blood surfaced on his arm. His act of blood bargaining did move her and though she would try, her defenses against the feelings for him would weaken.

Vex looked to her again, his arms trickling lightly with blood.

Kyriah looked to his arm then back up to him as she held out her own. "We shall keep her safe, together."

He handed her his knife.

She would not take her eyes from him as she took his blade and made a shallow incision in her own arm, drawing forth the crimson line of blood.

Vex pulled her close.

She did not resist him.

He kissed her deeply, not caring that the embrace sent shockwaves of pain through his left arm, for they were cooled with the pleasant and sensuous power of love's kiss.

Kyriah returned his kiss with much ferver and it was genuine but he would note that there was still a part of her that she refused to let escape. As if filling a glass and stopping just shy of full.

" Kyriah, I will ask this again to you as I did, a hundr..." He shook his head, "...a few years ago."

A slight tilt of her head as she pulled back and looked him in the eyes.
A brow lifted over one eye.

"I wish to formally court. I aim to be your husband. I wish to be a father for Angel, and finally, a permanet partner at your side. I am not going anywhere. I will not. Not without you and Angelina at my side.
I did what had to be done those years back, protecting your family from afar. I am going to do what I want to be done, and I believe you want this too."

Kyriah felt that defense mechanism start to kick in and struggled to battle it back. She heard each word with such a weight that made her slightly dizzy. She tried to imagine living her life as a real family with him and Angelina and what he was offering her.

He lifted her up until she was face to face with him. "Look to me, Kyriah. You asked me to return, and you had your memories taken, but you remember..you know you do. I came back for you. I kept my promise. I promise that there will not be any danger that you and I cannot handle..Together"

Kyriah suddenly found no voice within her as she reached for the memories she so wanted to recover.

"Vex...I...want this too. I just need...I need some time. Perhaps we can start with the courting and work towards more if it shall be." In her mind, she heard her own voice. No, no, no. Her words were coming out wrong.

His bandages were soaking more with blood, the arm wouldn't falter though. Vex sets her down, not a shred of disappointment in him or on his face. "Take all the time you need"

She was watching his face, hoping to know his thoughts by his expressions but little would be given way by his eyes. She heard his words and dropped her chin slightly. It was then she noted the bandage on his arm. "Vex, you should lie down. Let me rewrap your arm, you are bleeding."

Nodding he spoke, "Re wrap, yes, I will not lie down at the moment though.

"Alright, at least come to sit on the bed so that I can be near the water and fresh bandages, aye?" Perhaps she had meant it to sound a bit agitated but the concern she had would overwhelm her intentions.

He sat next to her on the bed. "Kyriah, I am very happy to court you. Yes. I would be lying if I was not happy that your memory of our past is murky. I can help with that. When you want it."

It would take her several minutes to clean the blood away as she kept glancing to him. His words would bring a smile to her lips. "Shhh, let me finish." But he would know it pleased her as well. She would fumble with wrapping as she was not a healer.

Catches her smile.

When she finished, it did not look so great, but it would work as she had managed the task. Finally she commented on his offer. "I know. I have remembered more than I could imagine for now. I will come to you though Vex, when it is time."

"Just remember, I could help with any memory problems."

"I will not forget..." She kissed the tip of his nose lightly. "I promise."

"Good." He smiled to her.

Kyriah's heart would race at his words for it would mean that there was a way to remember what had happened to her father on their quest as well but she wasn't sure she could deal with it just yet.

She smiled back to him hoping he would not sense her fears.

Back to top Go down
Luludja Lovari
Newb
Luludja Lovari

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: A Notation on Hook/Addict & Addict/Hook   A forgotten soul IconbFri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Just a notation regarding the two posts to follow:
They were written to be read in conjunction, a single event from two different perspectives. Enjoy!

Last edited by Luludja Lovari on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A forgotten soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forgotten soul   A forgotten soul Iconb

Back to top Go down

A forgotten soul
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next