Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Heartstrings IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Heartstrings IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Heartstrings IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Heartstrings IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Heartstrings IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Heartstrings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kryten

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Heartstrings Empty
PostSubject: Heartstrings   Heartstrings IconbSun May 22, 2011 2:35 am

Kryten stood at the gateway to the gardens still in disbelief. He never believed he would find his way back here. It's been so many years since last he set foot in the gardens, or the grand hall. He was a young man then, foolish for certain but also passionate and bold.

He stepped through the gateway and a smile found its way onto his haggard and war weary face. He reached up and touched his cheeks, they were still smooth and unblemished when last he left here. Or at least as unblemished as a half-ogres face could be. They were heavily scarred now, evidence of a rough life fought on the wing and a prayer that he might one day find her again. His lost love.

He found his way to the waters edge and sat his feet being lapped by the mild waves along the shore. He'd made friends here, good ones. He'd also been young and impetuous which led to his departure. He smelled deeply the flowers and the dirt and the water. Memories of children running about, of eating the great roasted trout that came from these very waters.

He didn't believe she could still be here. Was most certain she was not, but after all this time, after all those battles fought and won, he had decided it was time to come find out. He stood again and looked out over the water as he mustered the courage to continue his journey. This may be the hardest thing he'd ever done. He knew there would be few here who could possibly know him and honestly thought that it might be for the best if no one did. He feared if anyone knew him that he might be expelled before he could complete his search for her.

He found himself standing at the foot of the stairs leading the Grand Hall and despite the years past found himself lying peace knots over his Great Axe and Morning Star simply by muscle memory. This was it. If there was anyone here who knew him this is likely where they would be. This would also be where he would be able to ask for her or if anyone knew of her, or where she was, they would probably be in there.

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. A mildly pungent stench came to him and before he had opened his eyes he knew. Chaos had disobeyed him again. The beast had long since outgrown his usefulness to his master as a mount and protector. He had not though outgrown the love and bond between Kryten and his Giant Hyena. He loved the animal as much as he loved anything but this was not the place for him.

"Chaos, my friend. You cannot come with me". He leaned forward and placed his forehead against Chaos' forehead and rubbed him gently about the neck. He caught the eye of a young lad running about on the lawn near the steps.

"Oy, boy. To me. It's alright I know he looks a fright but he's quite lovable", he said and pointed at Chaos. The boy came to him and dared to pet the beast. "Aye, yer a bold lad aren't ye? I tell you what. Chaos here seems to like you enough. And ye seem to like him okay as well. If you'll take him to the stables and make sure he's fed and watered for the night it would be worth a...well a lot." He rummaged about until he found a gold coin in his pack and handed it to the boy. It was nearly his last one, but then with any luck his days of running the countryside may be behind him.

"Yeah, okay! Thanks Sir". He gently took a handful of the creatures hair and led him away.

A look of disbelief crossed Krytens face. Nobody, save for his kin, being folks with his bloodline, instinctively knew how to handle a Hyenadon like that. Things may be looking up after all.

Bulstered by this latest turn of events he entered the Hall and found it to be pretty much the way he'd known it. Somethings had changed, they always did, but mostly it was how he remembered it.

The people had changed, oh yes. He did not see a single face he knew, but he did see some that he thought were probably the children of his old friends. Features were often very telling, and so were the little habbits children pick up from their mum and dad. He made his way to the bar and got a mug full of mead of one sort or another. He drained it down, climbed atop the nearest empty table and called out....

"I am sorry to interupt your conversations good people, truly sorry, but I have one quick piece of business and I will be out of your hair. I was once a residence of these fair Moors. I am looking for a woman who was once my wife, and has always been my love. Her name is Tori Ur...Uri..." no...he'd lost it. After all this time thinking of her as simply Tori he'd lost the last name..."Tori then. If you know a Tori tell her I am here, if only to say goodbye the way I should have done so long ago. Tell her, if you know her, That Kryten has come calling. Please just tell her that". He wiped a stray tear from his cheek and hopped down from the table hoping beyond hope someone would know her. Even if he never saw her again, at least to know what happened to her would be enough. And so he got another mug of mead and sat down at a table awaiting any news....
Back to top Go down
kryten

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Heartstrings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartstrings   Heartstrings IconbTue May 31, 2011 12:24 am

Kryten spent the rest of the evening awaiting word from someone, anyone, that they had an inkling of who he was looking for. He sat at the table for some time, drank a bit more, ate some, and came to the conclusion that his cause was lost. At least for now.
Here he was though, terribly low on funds, with nowhere else to be. Perhaps he would try to make a new life for himself here. He was too old go back on the road, too many miles on his scarred battle hardened hide to keep going forward.
He no longer sought battle nor glory. He would fight if pressed, his skill with his weapons had grown to help make up for some lost power in the last few years but while his body was still capable, his mind was not. He'd seen too much blood, taken and lost too much blood, to want to continue to live that life. But what else could he do? He was not smart enought to take on a new role, a new life. Perhaps he could find work as a laboror or bartender or something.
He stood and leaned against the wall in a small shadow and took in the room. The King and Queen were not present. He wondered if their children had all grown to their adulthood. He surely hoped they had. He wondered if Eion was still the head of the guard or if another had come to replace him. All questions he surely would have to try to find answers to as he prepared to make a new life here in the moors.
Back to top Go down

Heartstrings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TH' THISTLE POST (IC) :: IC CHARACTER INTRODUCTIONS-
Jump to: