Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Beginning of a new career IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Beginning of a new career IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Beginning of a new career IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Beginning of a new career IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Beginning of a new career IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Beginning of a new career

Go down 
AuthorMessage
meren anwa
Article Enhancer
meren anwa

Location : Solurius, Meldrum City, Clef de Coeurs, Flos de Terra, just to name a few.
Occupation/Titles : Wife, mother, lover, friend. A true woman of the Moors.
Humor : Alumnus of the SASR University (SmartAssedSnarkyRemark) Goes for the obvious joke and jugular.
Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Beginning of a new career Empty
PostSubject: Beginning of a new career   Beginning of a new career IconbSat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Meren was finally beginning to see some daylight over the pile of work left for her as she returned from her trip. "Right now would be a good time for a break." She had started talking to herself, cause her office in the Healers tower was almost devoid of life, too damn quiet. Maybe some fresh air was all she needed. Grabbing up her cloak, she took herself out of the Tower with only a "I won't be long" for an explanation.

Victoria was on her way to see Lady Meren in regards to her healing powers. She noticed the Lady leaving the healing tower and stopped and asked, "My Lady, do you a moment to speak?"

Meren pulled her cloak more warmly about herself as she turned to the voice. "It is Victoria, yes?" smiling as the fresh air and sunshine of the day was already soothing what ailed her.

"Yes, Milady. It is good to see you again. Would you like to take a stroll as we speak?"

She brightened up and nodded "Oh yes, yes please. I am not one to be kept cooped up for long." motions her towards the quiet gardens of the Tower itself. " What is on your mind?"

"As the First Lady to the Queen, I have many errands that I must do for My Queen. She has mentioned you might have a horse that I would be able to use on these outtings."

Chuckling with a nod. "I do indeed. I have horses of all sizes, ages, colors and temperaments. You said you know how to ride?"

"That I do. As long as I can hold tight and not bounce off"

Meren stopped and gazed at the Lady, Assessing her size, and possible skills. One could see wheels turning in the horsewomans mind. "Winter is coming, and to be honest, Errands for the Queen will most likely include packages. You might be better suited with a carriage." Nothing worse than dashing about the City with cold wet feet and being rained or snowed on.

Victoria nodded, "Oh very true. I have never thought of the Winter months coming. Is it too much to ask for a carriage?"

The Stable Mistress grins and shakes her head. "All you need do is ask. The livery always has carriages ready in case the Royals or guests need to go somewhere. I will let the Queen know we wisely decided on a more proper form of transportation for her First Lady." it was a fine position, deserved respect and protection of guards as well.

"I am most appreciative, Milady", Victoria grins. "I must tell the Queen of your kindness." Victoria heard so much about Lady Meren during her travels with the Royals, so she knows this would come to no surprise of the Queen.

Meren smiled and nodded. "Ah, tis the least I can do. Oh, and if you still wish to hone your riding skills, I can set you up with a gentle mount, some lessons, and by spring, you will be bounding over the countryside with the Queen ."

"That would be lovely. I would very much enjoy that." "There is something else that I would like to discuss with you regarding your healing powers. I would like to know more about what it is you do."

The gardens here were doing their level best to offer some color even now. Hayden had so carefully chosen what to plant here. Tended the flora with as much devotion as Gaia herself. The beauty had stolen Meren's thoughts a moment, making her blink at what Victoria said. "Powers? I have no powers."

"I have been told that you were a healer. To me, that holds a special meaning as to having the power to heal what ails someone.", she said with a puzzle look on her face not wanting to offend the Lady Meren.

Meren laughs and nods. Motioning Victoria to sit with her on the large stone bench. "Sorry. This land is neck deep in people with real powers. It is easy to get confused. I am a Doctor..surgeon as some would call it. I trained in Paris."

Victoria was shocked to hear that Lady Meren was a doctor. She had no idea that she held such a prestigious title. "Milady, how could one join you in the healers?" This was something that Victoria has always wanted. She has what she called healing stones but did not know how to call upon them for they had so many uses. "this is all new to me and I know I would require a great deal of learning."

Commander of Healers was the hat she needed to wear now, "Well my dear to be quite honest, I am still working out the details of that. I would need to know, what you know. The depth of that knowledge tells me how much training or what kind you will require. I know you are the Queens First Lady, but, having a trained healer within the Castle, near the Royals would surely help me relax a little." She hesitated a moment before asking her next question. "I do not wish to offend you Victoria, but..can you read?" it was not required, but it would be a blessing.

Taking no offense to what had been said, she replied, "Oh yes Milady. I have a high education from my homeland in Lydda."

Nods with obvious relief. "Excellent, how many languages do you speak?"

"Well, there is English, Arabic, and Hebrew."

Meren was thinking she had possibly had a wish granted. "Any would help, as we often have visitors from all over. I have books you can study, these will aide you in procedure and even what the others in the Tower use in poultices and teas."

Lady Staggs was so grateful that the Lady Meren taking time away from such a busy schedule. "It would be most helpful to me for these such books of studies."

Nods. "You are not squeamish are you? The sight of pain, blood..makes some rather weak in the knees and stomach."

"Not at all squeamish. I would get great satisfaction from serving others."

The smile had returned to Meren's eyes as well as lips, "Well then, I think we can get your books, and let you start learning. It is a pleasure to meet someone who is eager to help." Rises from the bench.

Victoria rose from the bench with a smile of gratitude, "It is such an honor to speak with someone of such high regard to the Royals. I must certainly speak with the Queen as to which we spoke of today. She will be very pleased I am sure."

Meren nodded. "She will. She enjoys seeing her people happy and knowing they make the most of their lives." They chatted on the walk back into the Tower. The library of great use to Victoria, many books in arms as she left. Meren knew the Healers had found a bright new Member.
Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new career
Page 1 of 1