Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
NEW HORIZONS IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
NEW HORIZONS IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
NEW HORIZONS IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
NEW HORIZONS IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
NEW HORIZONS IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

NEW HORIZONS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

ME : Born Aisling Marie Sheehan, in Land's End Scotland to a prominent family. Highly educated in the fields of higher learning.

Spirit guided to Solurius to study under the well-known leadership of the Royal Order of Healers, under it's commander, Healer Elyas. Through test and trial, was granted elemental healing powers by the light.

Married First Knight Sir Aiden Reinhart, then through the sudden departure of Elyas, became the Commander of Healers in Solurius.

Against the law of nature, Ash and Aiden became parents of twins, Kyriah (Baroness SeaCrest) and Caliban (Deceased). Later they were blessed with a third child Jonathan.

Aisling hosts a phoenix, given to her by her angelic husband, giving her extreme healing when transformed into the firebird.

Aiden and Kyriah went on a quest to destroy a powerful Dark Lord that plagued and endangered their family. Kyriah returned with little memory of the quest, but her father has yet to return. Ash and Kyriah await with hopeful hearts.

Aisling now leads the healer's in an effort to keep good health in the lands, watches over her daughter and grandchild, and prays everynight for her husband's return.

Location : Royal Castle - Healer's Tower - Kingdom of Solurius
Occupation/Titles : Royal Healer - Division Commander - Duchess - Host to a Phoenix
Humor : If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does a bear still ...oh wait...nevermind
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-09-28

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Upon return
Aisling returned to Sheehan tower.  It was quiet, very quiet.  The whole Kingdom was quiet.  She supposed it was better than demon wars or the plague but even in a quiet time, there was no hiding that the kingdom was in constant change.  As was her life.

Another tearful goodbye to the royals was of course had.  She even thought she saw a glistening in Mel's eyes so of course she had to rib him about it...just before she gave him a parting hug.  Something she did not do often was hug him so he had to know how much she would miss him and Caille for she hugged him tight.

Making sure all business ends were tied..she set out for SeaCrest Port.

One More Try?

Kyriah had left 3 days prior or so the Nightwind Castle Manager told her when she stopped their on the way to port.  She decided to leave at SeaCrest port of exit so she could see Kyriah once more.  Try to convince her to come with her once more...but it was not to be.  As was typical of her daughter, and the light, Kyriah departed the castle in the middle of the night.  It was just her way.

Get me to where I'm going

Standing aboard The Howling Winds transport ship, Aisling was on her way to a new life, a new road, a new experience.  She thought hard about Solurius and her life their.  The people she loved and would always keep close to her heart, kept popping up before her.  Both those that had come and went and those that came and stayed.  And then she thought about what the Reinhardt family had put those people through.  And still the love survived in most instances.  Then her thoughts turned to Aiden.

"You will know where I am Aiden for I did not forget."  It was whispered to the ocean as she peered over to the lantern that even now as the evening's shade appeared, it burned bright.  No she would not give up on him.....ever and she knew he would find his way back to her through this light.

She breathed in...then out. 

"Be blessed my family and friends for though I kin we shall meet again I pray it will be in this life."  And with that, she reached up and pulled a rose from her hair that she had placed their with purpose.  She brought it to her lips for a slight kiss and then allowed it to fall out of her hands into the water below as they pushed out of the bay of SeaCrest. 

Another breath and her eyes lifted to the stars.  What lie in store for her? at Cambridge?  Where would her path lead her once there?  She knew one step at a time was the only way to find out.  Her heart ached with the departure.  Then as she started to turn, she saw a beacon of light in the distance decending down on the castle of light.  She had seen it before but now, she felt it was bidding her farewell and good luck.   She smiled and watched until it was completely out of sight on the horizon then turned, ready to begin anew!!!

((again, I just can't believe its done.  You guys are awesome.  Thanks for all the joy, tears, laughter, excitement, and most of all...the L O V E !!!))
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

ME : Born Aisling Marie Sheehan, in Land's End Scotland to a prominent family. Highly educated in the fields of higher learning.

Spirit guided to Solurius to study under the well-known leadership of the Royal Order of Healers, under it's commander, Healer Elyas. Through test and trial, was granted elemental healing powers by the light.

Married First Knight Sir Aiden Reinhart, then through the sudden departure of Elyas, became the Commander of Healers in Solurius.

Against the law of nature, Ash and Aiden became parents of twins, Kyriah (Baroness SeaCrest) and Caliban (Deceased). Later they were blessed with a third child Jonathan.

Aisling hosts a phoenix, given to her by her angelic husband, giving her extreme healing when transformed into the firebird.

Aiden and Kyriah went on a quest to destroy a powerful Dark Lord that plagued and endangered their family. Kyriah returned with little memory of the quest, but her father has yet to return. Ash and Kyriah await with hopeful hearts.

Aisling now leads the healer's in an effort to keep good health in the lands, watches over her daughter and grandchild, and prays everynight for her husband's return.

Occupation/Titles : Royal Healer - Division Commander - Duchess - Host to a Phoenix
Humor : If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does a bear still ...oh wait...nevermind

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbFri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm

"The mother land?  For how long will you be?  I mean, what will you be doing there?"  The tension and sadness in Kyriah seemed forgotten for a moment as she quizzed Aisling.  Perhaps it had been a relief to the dear child to concentrate on something totally different.  But then her eyes took on a bit of sadness at the realization of it all.  Aisling knew what that look meant.  "Kyriah, do nae do this.  Ye kin that I would ne'er abandon ye.  I would want that ye would come wit' me.  And when yer father returns....."  Kyriah gave her a look of dissappointment that she still held hope for such an outcome..."and when he returns, he will be told where to find us.  Will ye nae come wit' me?  Cambridge 'olds manna opportunities and I be quite sure we could find one for ye as well."  Aisling smiled hopefully as she peered into the eyes of her beautiful daughter who held way too much responsibility in this world. 

"Mother...Mum...you know I cannot go with you.  You know what I have to do."  she shook her head and turned her back to look out over the garden.   "I have to go to him...I have to destroy him."  Kyriah turned back around and looked at her mother.  The warmth had left her eyes and in their place were cold, hard stones of blue.  "It is my destiny, my fate, my responsibility.  He is my creation and I must be the one to destroy him."

Aisling shivered.  She knew Kyriah looked through her and into another world, seeing the face of her true nemisis.

Aisling could take it no longer.  She put a hand on her daughter's shoulder until the eyes softened once more then smiled.  "Come, stew is served aye?"

While she stayed at SeaCrest with her daughter over the next few days, they spoke of many things, but they did not speak of the war to come again.  Instead, Aisling shared many things with Kyriah that she had never shared with her before.  Especially what happened after Kyriah was sent for training.  Now that Angelina served the same fate, it was much easier....more normal...to call it training.  A faux comfort for both.

When Aisling said goodbye to her daughter, she truly hoped it would not be the last time she embraced her but knew it was a very real possibility.    She held her longer than usual then kissed both her cheeks and lifted her head up by her chin.  Smiling to the... dragon slayer, Baroness, woman, daughter....she let her eyes fill with pride.  "Kyriah m'daughter...ye be now and always the light o' m'heart and yer fathers.  Ye 'ave made us so proud.  When ye take yer next step and ye think ye might fall, pull yer strength from the that fact."  Her voice cracked on the last syllable so she pulled Kyriah to her once more in a hug then turned and mounted her horse.  She didn't look back until she reached the ridge of the mountain that would allow her to descend down the otherside.  Looking back from there, she could only see NightWind Castle splayed against the morning skyline.  A deep breath was drawn and then once again she was on her way.  A soft wind would carry her final words to her daughter..."I love you Kyriah." 
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbSun Jul 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Aisling had taken a couple of extra days to get to SeaCrest.  She took her time and wrote down alot of her feelings and things she wanted to tell her daughter.  She wasn't sure exactly how, but she would discuss these things with her and let her know that her mother loves her and supports her.  But how can I walk away knowing that she will face her toughest foe yet...her own flesh and blood.

Aisling wanted to have faith in her daughter's abilities but she knew the time passed had given strength to the dark one.  Ash had to assume that he was as if not more powerful than his father.  Aisling would wipe away the tears for her daughter and a grandchild that should not have been.  It was then, she realized she had arrived at the castle of SeaCrest.  It was time...her heart felt so heavy in her chest.

It lightened only slightly when she was greeted and taken into the garden to see her daughter and there, sitting amongst the most beautiful of roses on a wooden bench crafted for that perticular spot, sat Kyriah.  Her back was straight and the breeze of the evening blew her hair gently off her shoulders and around her face.  She was in deep thought and Aisling knew it was of what was to come.  She hated giving her daughter this news now at such a time but perhaps it would influence her to hold off on her quest.  Aisling sighed, knowing that would not be the case.

"Kyriah?  Kyriah, it's mum."  She walked towards her daughter, putting a smile upon her face and holding her arms out for an embrace.

Kyriah would look to her and stand but did not step to greet her.  When Ash approached her, she would reach out and kiss her daughter on each cheek.  Kyriah allowed it and gave her a smile but it was not Kyriah's true smile, only a facade.  Ash would ignore it.

"Daughter, I find ye in deep thought within' yer gardens.  What might be troublin' yer mind Kyriah?  Can I nae 'elp in any way?"  She released her daughters shoulders as Kyriah turned and motioned for her to sit on the bench.  "I'm fine mother.  I just miss Angelina."  Her eyes turned down to look at her own feet as if guilt were her master.  "I can only hope that I have done the right thing by my child, you know?" and she tilted her head slightly as she looked to Ash. 

Ash saw not her grown daughter before her but that little girl that Kyriah was before she was sent to the light to be trained.  Ash just wanted to hold on to that moment, or back up in time to a moment when Aiden was still with them and Kyriah was small.  Caliban and Kyriah were so close.  What happened to those days?  How did they pass so quickly.  Instead, she reached out and touched Kyriah's cheek lightly as her own head tiltled lightly.  "Ye will always question yerself Kyriah boot ye will one day realize that ye really 'ad narry a choice in the matter.  She be ne'er yers to 'old on too child, just as ye were nae mine to 'old on too.  It be the price o' leadin' yer life by the light.  Boot Kyriah, it 'as given us so much as well.  What we 'ave done in our lives 'as been verra important.  Nae just Aiden or me boot Caliban, ye, angelina, and many more from our bloodline.  Kyriah, we 'ave kept balance so that the light might stand strong in a world that would be devoured by darkness were it nae for the balance keepers...the Demon Slayers...like yer father, like me, like ye my child..." she continued to smile a moment letting Kyriah take that in.

Kyriah knew this but having her mother reassure her that it was the real reason and not a curse upon their family, always lifted her spirits.  She only wish her father were there to support the belief.  "I know mother...I just..." Kyriah did not finish her sentence as her voice broke.

"Come on m'daughter.  Let's make our own supper this eve.  I 'ave somethin' I wish to share wit' ye.  We will discuss it over venison stew, aye?"  Aisling knew Kyriah loved venison stew and it was one of the few meals Ash could actually cook well.  "I noted it was already started by the cook when I came through.  Come, we need to talk."

Kyriah looked at her mother...she did not just look at her but looked deep within her mother's eyes as if to strip away any shadows to see what would be revealed.  Then she caught Ashly off Guard.  "You are leaving Solurius aren't you?" A brow raised high, making Aisling see just how much her daughter favored herself.  "Aye, I be leavin' boot I shall be nae further than the motherland..." well she hadn't planned on it coming out like this but here it was...
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbSun Jul 06, 2014 10:25 pm

After having spoken with the Royals, writing her response and acceptance to Cambridge, and buttoning down the duchy, Aisling would arrange visits to Shadowfall and to Prince's lands where Nathaniel resided in his training.  Her son was finishing up his training and would be considered a master at his craft and would soon be ready to make his choices.  Aisling hoped he would enlist with the royal army as a smith in tool making but his choices were his own.  He had many talents.  Nathaniel was a strong lad and very much his father's son.  Aiden would have been proud of him. 

Shadowfall did not go as well as Aisling had wanted.  Though Layne did not show his disdain for his mother in full force, mainly due to his father Trajan keeping him inline and respectful of Aisling, he also did not show much emotion at learning that she was moving on from Solurius to Cambridge University.  In almost a mocking way, he informed her that it would cause no disturbance in his life.  Aisling's heart ached and she wondered how she lost this child.  It seemed from a very young age that he loathed her as much as he loved her.  Now the love part seemed all but missing.  It was only a slight second in his eyes, at a point when he let his guard down that Aisling saw something...something like emotion, or perhaps it was pity for her.  But again, perhaps she saw nothing at all.  Overall though, she knew that Layne would be a great leader in his time.  Trajan was a strong influence in Shadowfall and Layne would no doubt follow in his fathers footsteps to the end of his life.  Aisling found that she was very proud of him...and of Trajan.  She would always love them both.

Once that was taken care of, she would travel to see Nathaniel.  As she expected, he was free of his training, known as a master of his craft and yes, he was going to employ with the militia in Solurius in weapons making but more important than that, Nathaniel was taking a wife.  A young, pretty lass named Charlotte.  Aisling met with her while she was there and found the girl quite charming.  But when she found out that she was in training under the local physician to become a healer...Aisling fell in love with the dear girl and Nathaniel would smile a broad, proud smile when he realized it.  Though their relationship was not so strained as it was estranged, it was still very awkward at times with him.  This time however was not.  It was as if her leaving broke the barriers and they embraced for some time, soothing each other for both had tears.  Nathaniel and Charlotte promised to inform her when the first grandchild came and she promised to be here to deliver it.  Hugs and kisses and then it was time for goodbyes.  All in all, Aisling felt loved when she left and it was refreshing and renewing for her.

Now Kyriah would be the last.   She was sure that Angelina had already made her departure.  Aisling remembered her last time with Angelina and very hard it was to say goodbye but the child seemed at peace and knew that even once she fully understood, she would do what she had to do with pride and would serve the light well.  But Kyriah....it would be much harder with her daughter.  She was the last item on Aisling's list so once she returned to the castle, she took a couple of days to figure out just how to say goodbye to her daughter before she finally decided the day had come.  She wanted time to think and a good long look at the land so she saddled up her horse, accepted 3 in entourage and started out to SeaCrest on horseback.  It would give her time to think and time to soak in the land she loved so dearly.  And time to figure out just what to say....she hoped.
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbWed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 am

((anyone still reading the boards? :::listens to the crickets chirping::Smile)
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Preparations   NEW HORIZONS IconbTue Jun 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Aisling was busy over the next couple of months.  There was so much to do.  She had to button things down in her Duchy and set the actions rolling for her second in command to take over full responsibilities of the Duchy.  Aisling gave this alot of thought.  She wanted to make sure that whoever she left in charge of Vanya Sulie, would make sure all actions taken in the Duchy were to be made for the good of all it's people and the Kingdom.    She had a good selection as Vanya Sulie had grown many good men and women over the years that it had been under her domain. 

She decided to interview her top 4 trusted leaders.  Artemis Crabtree was her top aide in all security issues as well as a competant mage, Hanna Corbin was her top Healer and the strongest empath she had ever known.  Rofart Rafferty was her highest Judicial leader with an impeccable record for honesty and justice and Bannert Copeland was the one she had put in charge of banking and finance in the Duchy.  

After interviewing them all, she decided to make it a joint effort.  All had specific skill sets that would be needed to run the Duchy.  Just as it had been done for years now.  Because the system worked, she decided to keep it in place.  They would be a team that would run the Duchy, one no more power than another, and she would always be open to communications with them in case they ran into something that they felt needed her attention.  Communication was slow from Solurius to Cambridge but it was trustworthy through the proper channels.

All accepted her offer and once she approved it by the Royals, it would be done.  Ash carefully wrote it out on parchment with explanation about each persons skill sets and their duties.  She left nothing to chance.  Everything was written out as far as policy in the Duchy and procedures to take for as many situations as she could think of.  A copy of the same document was given to each and the royals.  Instructions would be left that if a need came up that was needing immediate attention, of course, the royals were close at hand.

Next, she had to decide how to handle the Tower.  A low number of healers in Solurius  at the time gave her worry.  Would she be able to get them ready by October to handle the situations of winter and the health of those they would be responsible for.  Surely, her logs, her hands-on teachings and the experience gained by each would surfice.  Not to mention the vast libraries of medical knowledge.  Still, it felt like she was abandoning her staff as well as the royals and it would take much to convince her differently.  She thought about changing her mind about a dozen times a day but overall she knew she couldn't.  This was just to big of an opportunity to abandon.

Aisling also knew that she had to let each of her children know what she was planning.  She still had not told Kyriah or any of them for that matter.  She knew it was something she had to do in person to all her children.  Perhaps traveling to Shadowfall would be the first place she should start.  Letting Trajan and her son know that she was leaving was necessary even though communication with both was very few and far between.  The strained relationships needed mending and once again, Aisling would commit to trying to do just that.  It was so important now that she was leaving Solurius for a new home at Cambridge. 

She was sure that the boys would be okay with her leaving but Kyriah was different.  If Kyriah was truly going to take on the battle of her life, then Aisling knew that their goodbyes were likely to be their last.  Her eyes teared thinking of it.  "No, I will not let myself think this way," she told herself.  "Kyriah will be triumphant! She is her father's child and the light's best hope.  She will survive!"  She spoke outloud to convince herself even more but Aisling was not ignorant to the power of the dark.  She was not convinced in her heart of hearts.  Kyriah would be the most difficult to say goodbye to.  Angelina would be at the monastary which in itself was sad enough.  But at least Angelina would be safe.  Aisling would not let herself dwell on Kyriah's decision.  She and Aiden had made that same decision many years ago and she remembered the pain involved.  Even the memory seemed to open a new wound in Aisling's heart.  Not just for Angelina, not just for Kyriah but for herself for being forced to give your child up for their own safety and fate is a pain that no mother should have to bare.

Packing would come later.  First came the explanations and the goodbyes.  "  'ow can I get through this?  If only Aiden would return."  The words were whispered and the tears rolled softly for several minutes.  Then she would allow no more.  Quickly she began to make her plans.....
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbWed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 pm

((well now that wasn't very pretty.  What the hell happened? LOL   Well hope you all could read it.))
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbWed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 pm

The servants were bustling around preparing for the winter storm. The lads were carrying armloads of wood to put at each hearth within the Castle. At the moment, all was clear but the clouds were threatening. Mel and Caillie has dismissed most of the servants to allow them to get to their homes to prepare their families as well.

Mel had just spent some time with Icewynde and Snowdrift, he so enjoyed time with them. He made his way in from the stables, dressed for the weather in his hunting tartan and a fur overcloak. Entering through the back entranceway, he kicked the snow off his boots and made his way down the hall.

Aisling was dressed in a sapphire blue velvet gown with a light blue underskirt. Her hair pulled up on top of her head to hide the unruly curls as was her norm these days. She could see the few servants still behind busy bustling. But her mind was more on her task at hand. One she did with a heavy heart. She moved deeper into the castle thinking about what she would say. Speaking low to herself. Why was she so nervous? It was the royals after all.

"I am in here, m'love", Caillie called out, expecting him to join her on his return. Sitting in the library, she had an ale waiting for him to warm his bones.

He heard her voice and moved into the room, approaching her and giving a soft kiss. "Ow was yer aft'rnoon milove?" He took up the ale with a smile and sat next to her, holding out his hand.

"Mmmmmmm," leaning up to collect his kiss. "It was fairly uneventful. I hope ye do nae mind tha' I ha' only kept a handful o' servants for th' night."

"mind?" He chuckled, "nae milove, fewer und'r foot"

Aisling was stopped by one of the servants who assured her of the royals whereabouts. Then she drew a breath and headed to the library. A place she had been a hundred times before yet her footfall was hesitant..

"I knew ye would nae object," she laughed.

He put his feet up to the fire. "Th' auld'r I get th' cauld'r I get"

Reaching the door, Ash put on a smile and entered, following the low murmer of conversation to find them. "Ahh...boot m'king, ye be nae so old."

He looked up and smiled warmly to the Royal Healer. "Lady Ashly! Come join us!"

"Thank ye Mel, Caillie..." she kissed the lady's cheeks and gave her king a hand to his arm. "Tis a cold like no other comin' I think. The clouds be growin' a might dark."

"Sit lass! We are glad ye are still in th' castle this evenin'. 'Tis suppos'd tae be anoth'r night o' snow."

"Some tea?" she asked her dear friend. She stood to reach for another cup and saucer.

Mel took a long drink of his ale before setting it aside.

"Aye Caillie, that would be nice." She smiled and sat down then looked back to the King. "Tis deep enough for me already though it's pristine effects be calming."

She placed a hand on the side of the pot, pleased that it was hot to the touch. She poured some of the steeping brew into a cup, handing it to Aisling, indicating the cream and sugar if she desired. "I love tae watch it snow," she smiled as she retook her seat. "I just wish it would nae stay forever when it comes!"

"Th' fire feels g'd on a cool night such as this."

She nodded her appreciation to the queen then prepared her tea. She inhaled the aroma of the tea then sipped. Not much was better ffor warding off the cool of the night than a cozy fire and a good hot cup of tea. "Aye it does," she replied to Mel then fidgeted a bit. "I think I would miss the snows o' Solurius."

"Surely ye jest, M'Lady!" she teased.

"I love th' snow. 'T makes fer fertile ground fer th' spring"

Aisling cleared her throat and sipped then looked to Caillie but then quickly to the King. "Aye, it always 'as fer the most part." She sipped her tea an unease hanging in the air.

"Is something amiss, M'Lady?", sensing her friend's uneasiness.

It was hard for Ashley. Harder than either of them could imagine. She looked at both of them with adoration upon her face. "I 'ave been given an offer. It comes from a dear friend of mine at Cambridge....in the study of the after dead."

Both Caille and Mel said little for the moment as her words sank in. "What a wonderful opportunity Ashly and one ye could nae passby, aye?"

The king too would give a smile to the healer knowing full well she had an interest in that field of study, to the point it had cost her dearly.

She now smiled full throttle seeing they too were a bit excited for her. "He wishes that I head the department in research and teach what I learn to other scholars. Thanks tae ye, I 'ave a start and will take it all wit' me and..." She stopped and looked at Caillie. She realized that Caillie was realizing too that it would mean Aisling would be leaving...again.
She set her own cup and saucer down on the table next to her.

"Ye mean tae make this an' extend'd stay?"

Aisling looked down to the cup she held in her hands and shook her head slightly.

"Although my heart would will ye here, Ashly....." She reached over to take Mel's hand.

He held Caillie's hand in his own.

She looked to Mel and Caillie. "And my 'eart would find discomfort in leaving as well m'Queen...m'friends boot 'ow can I turn m'back upon such an opportunity?"

"Ye cannae," her eyes lowered.

"Ye cannae an' we'll nae allow ye tae, Bu' who'll take care o' m'bunions?" He smirked.

Caillie was forced to smile at Mel's practical preoccupation.

She smiled to the King. "Narry a worry...the same lady that 'as taken care o' them better than I 'ave fer years." She looked back to Caille. "I kin I said I would nae leave ye again..."

"Ye will nae be THA' far," trying to convince herself. "If ye were needed urgently............we could always send for ye.........right?" She quickly picked up her tea, taking a large swallow to stave off the tears brimming on her lashes then when her throat eased up some she would continue. "Ye ha' much knowledge tae impart. They are verra wise tae offer ye th' position."

"Tis an opportunity o' a lifetime an' ye'll carry Solurius wi' ye where'r ye are."

Ash's own eyes teared. "O'course I would come immediately. And will nae be leavin' immediately. Nae until late summer for it will take months to settle there. Oh Caillie, I shall miss you both so. I just wish Aiden....." She did not finish her sentence.

He looked away at the mention of Aiden

"I am quite proud o' ye," picking up on her unfinished sentence, 'as Aiden would be." [b][i]She sat up straighter, taking a deep breath. " At least it is nae right a way," she leaned forward patting her arm gently.

"Tis only because o' ye both that this be possible fer me. I shall carry nae only Solurius, the Moors and all it's wonderful inhabitants in my heart and my memories but I carry the love for and of my king and queen no matter where I go." She reached to touch the Queen's hand in response to the friendly gesture. She smiled to her friends for being so kind.

"They shall be getting' th' best in th' field an' much more!"

"Now stop stammering like a Knight about tae ha' his first joust!" she laughed. "Tell us all th' details!"

"I shall 'ave tae show ye the letter. His words were so kind and 'e near begged me to come Caillie." Her smile returned in full as she pulled out the letter to show her friends. She laughed and began to tell them the details. She had other things to tell them but not tonight. It was enough for the night for life for the Reinhardt's was fixing to change...

[/b][/i]
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbSun Jan 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Well that did not go exactly as she expected.  Aisling dismounted from her horse and allowed the stable hand to tend to the horse.  She normally did but today she had much to think about so she allowed the horse to enter the barn with another and set her steps towards the Sheehan Tower.  She was tired from the trip but her mind would not slow down.  She reviewed what had happened this day as she headed for food, bath and comfortable bed.

After the letter had arrived from Cambridge, she had thought long and hard on what she should do.  Aisling loved her work here and the people but it was no secret that her interest in medicine was strongest in the forensic field.  The afterdeath studies were, in Ashly's opinion, necessary and interesting to say the least and to actually head a research team and eventually teach the information to others.....how could she not consider it?  But not to make decisions hastily, Aisling would list her pros and cons only to realize that she would have to discuss this with her family and her royals before even her heart would know what to do.  So today she traveled to SeaCrest to speak with Kyriah and of course to see her granddaughter Angelina.  Not knowing what to expect, she was indeed surprised at Kyriah's response.

Kyriah had seemed distracted when Ash arrived and it did not go unnoticed.  Aisling did not jump into her conversation about Cambridge with Kyriah.  Instead, she would pry into her daughter's distractions first as any mother would who saw her child uncomfortable.

"Kyriah, what it is my daughter?  You seem so far away, and it looks as though you have not slept in days.  Be ye feelin' well?"  Aisling could not hide her concern nor did she wish too.  Her calm demeanor was as usual in place but Kyriah could hear the true concern in her voice.  She looked to Aisling then smiled.  "I guess I have had some trouble sleeping."  Kyriah rubbed her eyes as if reminded how tired she was.  Aisling did not want to push so she walked around the shelves lining the outter circle of the library pretending to see the titles of the books but mostly attentive to her daughter's words and actions.  Keeping quiet she let Kyriah take her time.

Kyriah would stay silent for several moments before picking up the thought once again.  "I...I have been having dreams."  Kyriah shivered slightly thinking of the horrible dreams that had come to invade her sleep almost everytime she tried to rest.  Aisling noted the shiver and walked over closer to Kyriah.  She took Kyriah's hands into her own.  "Tell me Kyriah, what do ye dream?"  She could see the fear in Kyriah's eyes though many would not recognize it as such.  "What 'as ye in fear my child?"

Kyriah could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, no matter how hard she willed them to stay at bay.  She swallowed hard then turned away from Aisling to hide her emotions, ripping her hands from Aisling's.  To quell the fear that started deep in her gut she turned her emotion to anger.  "That, that...THING that unfortunately shared my womb with Angelina...he is haunting me.  Nagging me, wanting me to come to him.  He holds me captive in my dreams and we battle each time and.....".
Aisling waited but Kyriah had stopped talking.  "And?"  she said softly to her daughter knowing her daughter did not find fear in a fight. 

Kyriah walked over to the french doors leading onto the balcony and looked out, though she was not really seeing the scene that lay before her but something else totally.  She wrapped her arms around herself.  Then in a soft voice with a slight quiver, she responded to Aisling.   "And...he wins.....everytime."  She sighed heavily.  "I only awake when I am drawing my last breath."    Her shoulders dropped and Aisling could stand her ground no longer.  She approached her daughter and tenderly wrapped her arms around Kyriah from behind.  She knew Kyriah would not want to make eye contact for it was not her way when being emotional.  She kissed the back of Kyriah's head and felt Kyriah lean against her.  She whispered, "Oh Kyriah, I be so sorry.  But tis only a dream my daughter.  Your waking life be here and with Angelina and the loyal subjects who follow ye, ye do nae have to fear for ye will ne'er 'ave to fight alone."  

Kyriah turned around then and though a single tear fell from her eye, she did not cry.  She looked into her mother's eyes.  "Don't you understand, he is calling me out mother.  He is the evil that I gave birth to and he is the evil that I must destroy.  I must answer his call."   Aisling heard her daughter's words but the love she felt for her would not let her understand.  "Kyriah no!  You do nae 'ave to do that.  Ye 'ave a daughter...a verra special daughter and ye must see that she be safe and trained for 'er own destiny whate'er that may be."  

Kyriah pulled away and began to pace 10 steps back and forth.  "Mother, I have no choice and you are right.  Angelina must stay safe and she must continue to learn which is why I have ask..."  Kyriah hesitated and looked around as if checking to make sure no one was listening.  She then lowered her voice..."the monastery to take her and train her."  The pain in Kyriah's voice was evident and the lump in her throat confirmed it.

Aisling was at first speechless.  The pain of that day when Kyriah was sent away at the age of 6, for her safety and her training, was still fresh in Aisling's heart.  "Kyriah, that cannae be the right thing to do.  I remember 'ow 'ard it was to see you go and then to nae be able to see ye fer so manna years and..."  Kyriah turned and almosted yelled at her mother but then quieted and slowed her words thoughtfully.  "I know mother!!!  But, it was the right thing to do then.  I know that now.  And it is the right thing to do now.  They have accepted my proposition but......."  Kyriah again stopped short on her words.   Aisling prompted.  "Boot what?"

"But it comes with the same conditions as was placed on you and Papa.  I .... cannot have any contact with her until her training is complete."  Kyriah now did not stop the tears that ran down her cheeks though she would not break down in sobs.  Aisling brought her hands to her mouth and considered her words before she removed them to speak.  "Kyriah nae, it will be too manna years that ye will ne'er be able to retrieve back."  She pleaded with Kyriah.

Kyriah looked sadly at her mother as the tears continued silently to stream from her eyes.  "It will nae matter mother.  If the dreams be right, I shall not return from the world of darkness.  But I will nae die alone for I will take him down with me!  And Angelina will be free from this threat and free to do as the light would have her do.  It is all I can do for her now."

Aisling heard her daughter and understood what she was saying.  She desperately grasped for words that would convince her daughter that what she was doing was wrong and that if she only refused to go to him that it would all be alright, but Aisling knew as well as Kyriah that the truth of it was that Kyriah had no choice in the matter and never really did.  That these last few years had been only a waiting period until the darklord was ready to battle her. Aisling knew he had grown in power during this time of ease for Kyriah.  That alone gave him the upper hand.  "Kyriah, I do nae kin what to say.  I do nae want ye to do this.  Please....there 'as to be another way.  Wait until yer father arrives and..."  "HE IS NEVER COMING HOME MOTHER.  NEVER!  YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT!!!"  Kyriah shouted at her mother with a power in her voice that surprised even her and she regretted it the minute it left her mouth for the look on her mother's face tore her apart.

Aisling's tears burned her cheeks as they fell but she did not move.  She only glared at her daughter for several moments.  They stood locked in a silent battle with their eyes.  Finally Aisling would break the silence.  "Verra well, ifn' ye must do this, I should like to go and spend some time with my grand daughter before I leave. "  Her calmness in her voice and her movements would make Kyriah even more regretful of her words. Aisling did not even go on to tell her daughter that she was considering a move to Cambridge for as it stood, it would not matter for Kyriah.   "Mother I am sorry I...."  But Aisling held up her hand and stopped Kyriah from speaking.  Something that was rare with a soul like Kyriah. Then she turned to leave the library.  Before she left completely, she stopped but did not turn around.  A voice, steady but low she gave Kyriah her last thoughts on the matter.  "Aiden will come back to me, ye will see.  I love ye Kyriah."  And with that, she walked out the door and towards the room of Angelina.  What was she going to say to the girl..what could she say?

Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS IconbMon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 pm

My Dearest Aisling,

I am so excited to write you my dear friend.  The time has come that I can offer you something that I have contemplated for quite some time.  You know that I respect your work highly in all areas but particularly in the area of the studies of the deceased.  Aisling, when last we spoke you informed me that if you could, you would spend much of your time studying all you could from the dead.  I remember you telling me that the dead speak much louder than living sometimes and if we could only see the damage done by the things that kill us, we might know how to stop or control the effect or even forego the lethal actions all together.  This impressed me Aisling and I have given it much thought. 

Here at the University, I have managed to convince my collegues on the governing board to allow the studies to grow more indepth.  Aisling they are going to let me open a forensic department to the University and my choice of who to head the department.  I immediately thought of you.  I cannot think of a better educator, healer, or student than you my dear Ashly. 

Unfortunately, I have word that Sir Aiden has yet to return to your side and I know it would be a complete change of venue and life for you Aisling but, my friend, life must move forward.  And if you must hold your heart for him only, then surely you will allow yourself to move forward with your healing.  If he is to come back, he will find you Aisling. 

Of course you are welcome to bring any of your family that you would like.  If Lady Kyriah and your grandchild that you spoke of would like to join you, it would be no problem at all.  I have made arrangements for you to stay in a quaint flat on the university grounds but we can change it to a larger home if the Lady Kyriah and your granddaughter come with you. 

Please Ashly, this is a chance of a lifetime for not only you but for this University as well. Oh, and Aisling, they know your healing credentials and are willing to bestow upon you the highest degree of an educator if you choose to share your learnings with the student body here. 

That is my offer Aisling and I can only pray that you will consider and decide to join us here.  Say you will.  I will anxiously await your response but if possible, we should like to have you settled by the fall.  Should you consider, then I will send full contract agreement and with your signature, the deal will be done and we can either begin your move or I shall not ask again, knowing your heart.  I do so hope it will be that you come.

With Much Respect,

Grayson M. Cullins
Head Magistrate
University of Medical Studies - Cambridge

Aisling reread it once more than folded the missive and placed it back in the leather sheath it had traveled in.  Grayson knew her well for they had studied together under the same educator when they were young and once grown, she had traversed many times to Cambridge to  attend classes or simply to visit with him on medical issues and to visit as a friend.  Aiden had met him on several occasions and got along surprisingly well with him though the two were so totally different. 

Now he was asking her to leave all she knew here in the Moors and leave her friends and come to Cambridge to study forensics?  Wow, what was she supposed to do now?  Her surprise came not from the offer, though it was indeed a huge honor and it was something she had wanted for a while now, but the surprise came in the fact that even with all the responsibility she had here and all the loved ones close here, she was truly considering it with a hidden excitement... 

She smiled to herself then thought about how she would discuss this with the royals first but that was not going to be easy.  Would they think she was betraying them?  Hopefully they would not but they had been very disappointed when she resigned her position before...would they understand?  Aisling did not want to hurt them.  Yes it was going to be very hard.  She sighed and decided before making any decisions, she would have her supper and a good sleep.  Then if tomorrow she decided this was what she wanted, then she would approach the majesties.

With that, she locked up her office and headed for her personal quarters stopping only once by the kitchen to asked to have her dinner brought up to her.  Then off she went to contemplate a job working with dead people.  Hmmmm.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW HORIZONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW HORIZONS   NEW HORIZONS Iconb

Back to top Go down

NEW HORIZONS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ROYAL ORDER 'f HEALERS (IC) :: SHEEHAN TOWER-
Jump to: