Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Waiting for .. well... everything.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Waiting for .. well... everything. Empty
PostSubject: Waiting for .. well... everything.   Waiting for .. well... everything. IconbTue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 pm

I cannot wait until the end of winter. The accursed snow seems to mock me... and I feel almost like a hibernating creature, or a waiting flower... so much is coming, so much waiting, so much dependant on spring.

The Marble for the banks has arrived... Davien was glad to deliver it, though there was a ship lost between Italy and here. We both felt for the lives lost, the whole crew.. but I know Davien will see to it that every single family is supported. Still.. it's in warehouses Meren owns and a few I purchased. I'll need them in the future I'm sure.. preferably when I rent them off to others who need them at decent rates. I have started to lay out where we will build these banks.

For my own Barony... things are doing well in Morcantville. Since learning of the Mists, I have been able to keep closer ties, and this pleases me greatly. Tannoc is doing excellently as Mayor, though he complains while all his drinks are free, as a hero, he has less time to drink, as a Mayor. He works closely with the hotheaded Claire and the two have an... interesting... relationship. They seem to be at each other's throats and yet are quick to defend one another from outside forces as if they could not imagine someone crossing the other. If I were a betting man.. oh wait, I am... 10 silver that they marry before this time next year.

I have also laid out plans for a new town in the very center, not far from the dragons under The Ancient and Prince Silverfire. This town, which I will name soon as inspiration strikes me, shall be the very center of a web to create far more rapid transit between the cities. Just as well, this will be vital to my ship building experiment. I have also finally gotten the majority of my farmers to agree to the use of three field tilling. Hmm.. what name for the town... well, a city, truly. A marriage of old ways and new ways should be the theme, but indeed make it a hub of power. Why make Morcantville my seat then? I like it there. Badwulf Bay is very pretty if ill named.

Weddings! Of course, my own approaches, and I wait with endless anticipation...I cannot wait for spring, and it is making this winter even more intolerable. I.. honestly did not imagine I could feel this way again. I have been married before.. many times. Each time it has ended tragically... most often in death. You would think I would be wary of it.. and yet... a few ill dreams aside I am filled with hope. There's something about Meren that makes me feel at ease... I... know she will not be with me all my live... allowing we both live out our natural spans.. but while that does sober me, it does not in the least make me pause in my desire. If we are blessed, I will be able to at least see her throughout the years in the faces of our children.. and grandchildren.. perhaps great grand children. Regardless, she will be in my heart forever, and it is a balm beyond measure to be able to trust and love in such a way again. It feels like a rebirth. Such feelings are almost new again, and I enjoy the richness of them in fullness. Besides, Meren is very young, and her health is incredible. Who knows what advancements in medicine may aid us in the coming 1500s? A mere thirty plus years to a new century. Exciting!

Speaking of new... one thing that I am no longer waiting on is Jack's adoption. I was not surprised Meren wished to adopt him, and I know he reminds me a lot of myself as a child.. at least once I found myself separated by worlds and lost from my foster family. That was a hard time, and my heart felt for the young man. That I could spare him that alone was worth it.. yet the lad is bright, perhaps a touch overconfident, but charming and always ready to tackle a new obstacle. I love my children dearly... even my estranged sons.. but the additions of Jack, Kevin and Odette each touch me in a new and profound way. I cannot imagine how it will feel to hold a baby in my arms again of my blood. May fortune will it so.
Back to top Go down

Waiting for .. well... everything.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: CHARACTER JOURNALS (IC) :: MICHAEL'S CONTEMPLATIONS-
Jump to: