Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden   Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden IconbSat Mar 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Michael sat back in his chair, looking more relaxed than he had in days. He smiled softly, looking over a bundle of reports, nodding with approval. He opened his journal, and began to pen.

"Well, finally things are looking up in a major way. The wicked and lasting claws of winter are loosening their grip on the land, and many projects can begin underway... most of them will proceed throughout the summer I do not doubt.

Firstly, large shipbuilding docks are being constructed among five of my larger coast cities.. not including Morcantville, which just got a large dock after the famine and flooding more suited to trade. I discussed with Aly's master shipbuilder the general details of my plan to construct the Naval Fleet... it's simple, really. He will design the plans, making several reproductions with details plans as to what type of wood, how to cut it, how it goes together, and so forth. These will be distributed to foremen who will instruct smaller groups of men who will work on their portions and together they will build the ship, the Shipmaster visiting the foremen periodically to make sure the design if followed as much as possible. The end result is a rapid way for skilled laborers to craft copies of the designs of a master shipbuilder and make many copies of the same ship. He was... reluctant.. but I *have* the contract, I am paying for him to move his family, and am offering them a substantial increase in the quality of life they are used to. He will do as I wish, especially with Aly and the King backing the production contract.

Secondly, because of all this travel, I have begun smaller quarries and the production of roads between the cities, and towards a central hub city near the mountains which will be the middle of the web, where our Master Shipbuilder will eventually live, as many others. I haven't named it yet.. still toying with that one. Meldrumburg? Byronville? ... mmm.. little infromal.. Soluria? Bah, I have time yet. The survivors of the raid on Morcantville, from among the raiders, have generously volunteered to aid in the construction of these lasting roads as part of an absolution of their crimes. Very thoughtful. Cannot imagine how they came to the idea. "

Michael chuckled softly to himself. That had been fun... he really must thank BJ and Aly for telling him of the mists.. they did make things so much more helpful.

"Next thing is FINALLY the Banks have begun building. I have started already in Meldrum City, a prime spot picked with the aid of Jack and a friend of his who had little to do, recovering from a broken arm. Jack has a real head for numbers it seems.. in a practical way. He can pin down a person's speed, routines, how long it will take them to do something, how far it is.. the mathematics of living I suppose. Still.. the foundation is laid, temple like and strong, the marble making it a highly visible building. I am taking the design of the ancient temples of Greece and Rome, with style changes for a business' needs. I want people to see them and think of age, quasi-religious standings, and unassailable strength against the passage of time. I can start soon in my own lands, where I plan to have a branch in each city. I also plan to start in the other baronies quickly to fulfill the King's edict. Something like 25 branches in all when it's said and done.. the cost of the marble, even through Meren's long time friend Davien was ruinous.. and that and the potion construction has all but wiped me out.. yet.. within a few months of their construction, I will recoup all my cost or more in taxes, fees and such. Furthermore, I can loan myself what I need so long as I keep careful and accountable ledgers. And I'll get the money from Aly's order of the potions. Meren is also hardly without recourse, so all will be well.

Ah yes.. the potions. I cannot believe the large scale distillery for the alchemical components and brewing I designed hasn't blown up! Of course, I infused it with several strengthening runes, sigil and spells.. but truly.. who would imagine a converted blast furnace could be made to brew potions by the batch? Just as well.. the traditional methods would take years to process Aly's FIRST order. I should submit it to the city of Sharn if I visit again... no doubt the house of artifice would buy the plans just to suppress them indefinitely.

Finally, the farmers in Flos are doing what I asked on splitting their fields into threes instead of twos. They think I'm mad, but I did promise to reimburse them for their efforts should it fiscally damage them. The farmers are probably the one group that will need the most convincing and change. The fields are one thing.. but I cannot send them repeatedly to universities to educate them, and for this all to work, I will need them in a few generations to have a better education than the current levels of illiteracy plaguing them. To change that I am sending tutors to the gathering towns for the farms.. just after church I think... it is the major religion of the Barony, the King and Meren's Christ-man faith. Thusly, I will net the largest group of them, and have the added enjoyment of having people teach them to think directly after demagogy hour.

It has been quite the chore getting all this off the ground, and it is amazingly relieving to have it off my mind. Meren has long mentioned I need to relax, that I am chasing my own thoughts too hard.. and she is right. Now I can watch it unfold and guide it.... and look forward to my wedding.. the legal merging of our families, and our public admission of our desire to do so. I do not include the spiritual not over our religious differences or beliefs.. but because I have felt us so since before we were engaged, and certainly afterword."
Back to top Go down

Farewell to the Crone, Greetings to the Maiden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: CHARACTER JOURNALS (IC) :: MICHAEL'S CONTEMPLATIONS-
Jump to: