Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Regarding the Duchess IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Regarding the Duchess IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Regarding the Duchess IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Regarding the Duchess IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Regarding the Duchess IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Regarding the Duchess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Regarding the Duchess Empty
PostSubject: Regarding the Duchess   Regarding the Duchess IconbMon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Michael sat back at his desk, journal in hand. In his other hand, he held a small red ribbon with some stray strands of black hair wrapped within. He ran his thumb over them, and smiled before taking up his pen to write.

"As I write, I am only a little bit over a week away from marrying Duchess Meren Anwa, Grand Surgeon of the Healers of Solurius. I admit, I have not yet known her a single year.. close, about 9 months mayhap, but not quite.. and yet I could never deny that she has completely and utterly captured my heart.. and proven the anchor which has helped bring most of my scattered family back to me. "

That thought made him smile... indeed, his family had grown with Jack, Odette and Kevin.. Kevin may wish to keep Meren's name after the wedding, Michael understood and agreed with his reasons but he hoped in time the young man would see him as a father he could trust in, confide in. He already had Kevin's blessing to the union, which did matter to Michael.

"I remember when I first came to this land.... a bit lost.. a bit hurting. It was over family. I had been alone no small amount of time by then... not fully alone, I had my friend Lilia and her dragon companion.. but I had not seen my children in a long while as they each clung to thier intrests and passions in the various schools they had sought. I had found myself missing family, and discovered by pure happenstance my adopted sister Valerie had taken up the position of head cook to a royal family in a land called Solurius, allies of my lost home in Somerled. Being that was closest, I decided I would pop in, say hello, and then go see my children in thier various school while I decided what else to do. "

"I was unprepared in the extreme for what I would find here. I didn't expect to stay. I didn't expect to love it. I didn't expect that I would be welcome so warmly. I did not expect to come to love the people, and the Royals so. To be sure, I did not expect *her*. "

Michael reclined back, remembering. So much had changed so quickly, but he tried to recapture the feeling of his original arrival.

"I was playing the fool and entertainer, my standard icebreaking really. Too many years of work as one. I had already taken a friendly liking to several of the people here... an upbeat and loud elven pirate.. a curiously quiet knight.. the King and Queen.. though I don't know if I would have taken them as so without the crowns.. rather just a close couple
who were clearly in love and among friends enjoying the blessings of thier life... a less quiet lady knight with red hair.. a rather elegant and proper woman who said she worked with the guests.... and then I saw her. Quiet that night... tired from work it looked like... dressed in a man's shirt and breeches tailored to her size. She had black hair about the same color as mine.. and grey eyes, soulful and beautiful. She was absolutely beautiful, with rich kissable lips and an angelic face.. and yet.. she didn't look happy. She wasn't smiling, she wasn't doing much beyond sitting and watching as I recall.

In otherwords, the perfect target. I cannot abide to see a beautiful woman bored. So I flirted with her. I teased her. She seemed.. well.. I don't know if she knew how to take it at first.. but I found myself with yet another friend. Meren Anwa.

I think it would be a good while before I knew she had any standing here. Such things are not overly important to me when beautiful women are concerned. "

Michael chuckled as he looked at the room, thought about the Manor and it's grounds. Yeah... you know... he didn't see it at first. Then again, many people in Solurius were far more than they appeared at first glance. Perhaps it's true treasure.
"Even if I was flirting...and a little bit teasing when I met Meren she did not wait long to prove herself at least interested in becoming my dear friend. I admit, it was not a small part my decision to place my Barony in what was known as Dragon Point.. though I admit, the variety of excellent resources was equally a major part. However.. it was my attraction to and friendship with Meren that made me ask her to tour my Barony with me. I did not intend to return lovers, but very close friends. I did not know she was single.. but mistook a close friend of hers for a lover. "

"You cannot imagine how I felt when I learned that was not true. I found out at the same time I discovered she beleaved her friend dead. So it was a bittersweet revelation. As I comforted her... I confess.. her single status was not lost on me. I liked her.. I was attracted.. but I cannot say for certain I truly, without question, loved her. "

"That came later, but not much. After the dryad injured me.. deep in the woods.. our tent against the coming winter. As we lay there, clothed for sleep, sharing body heat... there was a certain intmacay in that. No, we did not succumb to some passion, though I daresay I wanted to. Somewhere in the night.. seeing her sleep, hearing her breathing, defesless in slumber and oh so vunerable... my heart went out to her. "

"It never came back. I don't mind. Truth be told, I would have joined with her that night, save I was afraid. Afraid it would be a single night and over. Akward friendship, our night hanging over us like the sword of Dammaclese. So I waited... for a time. When she was taken during the raid on Morcantville though, I became half-mad. I would have slaughtered them left and right if it had taken that... I could not beleave after so long my heart had found someone to respond to, and this big oaf in a skirt was trying to claim her for himself against her WILL! I... despise.. such actions against women.."

"I despise men who commit such acts against women, and his head may rot in my bay forever for it. Still.. our actions that night sealed our mutual intrest.. so I suppose it worked out for the best. I went with hopes, dreams, and vauge plans, and I returned with a whole new life opening up before me. "
Back to top Go down

Regarding the Duchess
Page 1 of 1