Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Whispers - Page 2 IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Whispers - Page 2 IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Whispers - Page 2 IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Whispers - Page 2 IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Whispers - Page 2 IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Whispers

Go down 
+2
Byron Meldrum 3
Caillean Meldrum
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbSun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm

If I close my eyes, I can remember it all....so I will not forget these days away. I'm riding now, walking my mare after riding hard most of the day to get as close to the far border as possible. Bryce gives me, periodically, a concerned look. He probably thinks I'm asleep in the saddle.

No, I'm not sleeping; just memorizing every detail of this journey; the tension trying to get out of the city unseen, the anxious and cold night ride, the sleep spent nestled down in fallen autumn leaves and no fire. I want to remember all of this. Out of the castle, the fear only comes when I think of being caught and dragged home screaming. The knives I see in my dreams, the choking, the red eyes...they haunt even my waking now. I don't tell Bryce, for I am ashamed of my visions and it frightens me to even talk about it. But, out here I am not so afraid. If we can just get out of the kingdom, I can be safe awhile.

I know my mother is sick; she will harm me if she can. When she is well again, I will go home. When she is well.....

How is my brother? My father? I cannot think about it.

Bryce has been steadfast, resolute; committed to my safety with an even handed strength that makes me feel as though no power or force could harm me so long as I am with him. I know he suffers, having pledged himself to my father, and now having taken me away. It must confuse him and plague his thoughts. I am sorry for it and will do everything I can to be sure he is not sorry for this journey he made with a frightened princess with nowhere to go.

If I just concentrate, I will remember it all, forever. This escape, these feelings of freedom and something else too, in the center of my spirit. Not far now, to the border and one more night in the wilds with him......

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbSun Jun 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Previously.....

Once Issotta was within the Queen's chambers, he stepped out, quietly closing the door behind him as to give the two ladies their privacy. Perhaps the Queen would be more inclined as to speak with Issotta freely when there is a sense of serene seclusion to the otherwise paranoid woman.
He strongly believed that Issotta could help and only time would tell. However, if Issotta could not help the Queen and rid her of this illness....was there any hope?

The knight paced back and forth just beyond the chamber door. He could hear nothing between the two within the room, and with thoughts of everything clouding his mind, this would not help in his attentiveness.

There was a comparison of thought when thinking of Blu and Caillie. Sweet, lovable Blu who had just recently shifted from tranquil to rage. The same subordinate of Ashly, who had now threatened her life as to retrieve the Healing sword that was going to be used to help Aly. The division's injured knight.

The symptoms of both Caillie and Blu were awfully close in it's similarities. Too close too avoid its connections. Perhaps this all has something to do with the incident of what happened to Blu prior to her return. Based on Aly, Chrum and BJ's statements, it was quite a rescue attempt. It cost many lives and now, Aly and Blu, may have paid dearly for it as well.

*Uhumm* The grunt for attention was answered as Aiden snapped out of his thoughts only look to a messenger now standing in his presence. Sabine had requested him? Now?

The Queen's lady had just returned and he was sure she was eager to know what was going on with her staff and that of the Queen herself.

He looked back to the room once more, hearing nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps a very quick visit with Sabine would do. Who could know how long Issotta and Caillie would talk, especially with something as important as what is going on with her. And if the Queen got out of hand, Issotta could simply leave. However, the thoughts of Caillie in a full out violent rage did not creep fully within his mind. This was not only the Queen of the Moors he was thinking about, but also one of his dearest and probably closest of friend. His own mind was slightly defensive that she could truly harm another, for it would be too surreal a thought.

The worst of possibilities in that room did not strike him hard enough to stay. And so, he agreed to see Sabine and was soon led off to speak with her, knowing he would be right back here soon enough.

Sabine sits at her desk working, occasionally pausing to drift off in thought.

Aiden made his way down the corridor towards the Duchess' office. He had been summoned by the lady and here he was. Stepping up to the door, he gave a light knock.

"Come in..." looking up toward the door.

He slowly pushed the door open, until finally he was revealed. He dipped his head in a small, respectful manner, "Duchess...."

"Aiden...please come in..."

He stepped further in, glancing around the room rather observantly for he has never been in her office and had a curious mind. "You wish to speak with me?" he simply said as his deep blues finally fell back to her.

Sabine indicates a for him to sit, there being 2 chairs placed in front of her desk. "Please sit...and tell me what is going on with our Queen"

He arched a brow as he stepped around towards the chair. " Do you really need to hear it from my lips, Duchess?" He repositioned his scabbard as to take a seat comfortably.

"Nae...I have seen it for myself...Can you at least tell me what you think might be causing this odd behavior?"

"I can give you theories, but I unfortunately I know not if it is true for there is no true evidence of the cause. However, either way you slice it, her mind has fallen ill. At once time I was unsure if it was even the Queen, or just an imposter. But she knew too much for that really to raise suspicion. As for you though....I'd highly recommend at this juncture, you keep y'or distance."

Sabine listens her face showing worry and deep concern. "But I can't Aiden...I deal with her daily...wouldn't a sudden change in that arouse her suspicions?"

"Only for the fact that you are the Queen's lady. And....she is very paranoid and suspicious of many, right now for y'or safety, I only highly recommend it."

"For now she seems to trust me... An' I will nae change too much of my routine...And I will be constantly on my guard..."

"All right then. If you shall not, then keep me informed of what goes on with her. And if you can, try and get her to write journals nightly."

"Aiden, something happened the other night that totally unnerved me, an' I do nae think I am totally over it as yet..."

"Oh?"

"Aye...an' you may think I am losing my mind after hear me out...This happened the night of the masked ball."

Aiden chuckles, "At this point, I may believe just about anythin'"

"Well I was surprised to see Bryce there, as he had said he would not be attending. I thought it odd at first but when I spoke with him he said he had decided to come to see what would go on. That seemed a reasonable explanation...so I thought nothing more about it. Later in the evening, I had gone to stand beside Bryce, as neither of us were in costume, when...," she visibly shudders, her face paling slightly, "when all of a sudden, Aiden, Bryce changed...he became something else.....with horrible red eyes...and what he said was chilling..."

He arched a brow as he perked further in his chair. "Tell me y'or jestin'. Better yet, tell me this was of dream!"

When I spoke to Bryce, he said he didn't attend! Nae...I am nae jesting Aiden. An' I dae nae think it was a dream for I was walking, dealing with the servants. Then this thing...after it spoke...it disappeared!" She rises beginning to pace about the room hands clenched. "This thing...it gave a warning...a dire warning..."

Quickly he shot up from the chair. "Thank you for that information, Sabine. Umm...I'll get back to you.." He quickly jogged out the door with no formality in his departure. He even left the door open.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbMon Jun 15, 2009 7:28 am

Two guards were posted back at the door of the Queen's chambers upon Aiden's request. They stood on each side of it with halberds held upright beside them. Knowing of the situation and oddities that have plagued this Royal wing, they were quite alert--and perhaps paranoid themselves that evil was haunting these halls, with the Queen's own chambers.....being the heart of this evil.

Hearing her screams at times, and the rumors of her behavior within the main hall, it did not seem like it was out of the realm of possibilities.

They stood in this position for several moments, when suddenly, a sound awoke their ears causing their heads to turn down the hall. The quick pitter patter of feet could be heard at the far end of the hall, moving just around the corner.

Both men soon turned their heads as to look at each other with confusion present upon their faces. But that was not the worst of what was to come.

There came the sound of what seemed like an evil roar echoing the halls. One that was indescribable to what it could possibly be other than a roar one should not investigate. But damn it if the hero mentality didn't kick in the minds of these guards.

Others were already running in the direction of where the sound was loudest, causing the two to spring away from the Queen's door and down to meet the others. Even though it was not the noise one would wish to investigate, there was a curious mind to what it could be. It may also take more than just a few guards to stop it...and protecting the Royal family was what they were trained to do. Therefore, the guards all followed the roar that was distancing itself through the castle, while the pitter patter of feet kept the guards on the trail.

The hall was now left empty.....

Nothing was going to stop Issotta from an audience with the Queen. She marched behind Aiden as he lead her to an antichamber where Caillie seemed to have hidden herself away the last few days. Issotta had little time for foolishness. The situation appeared grave.....very grave and so she entered the stark room with a purpose.

Unsure of the state of mind of the Queen, she had a dagger tucked into her gown...for now. The fire was banked up and the coverings to the windows opened to provide them with fresh air. On a censer was a coal and burning herbs which, though fragrant, could be a bit overpowering.

"Caillie, darling?" looking around for her. "I thought we could talk in here....."

"Sister, Dear,"she cooed. "Tis so good for ye tae make time for us."

"You know that no one could keep me away," going to embrace her.
" I thought we might talk awhile." Issotta moved a chair into the middle of the room, and placed one for herself, facing it. "Why don't we sit? It's been so long since we've visited."

Her back stiffened at the embrace but she kept a warm smile. "Would it nae be warmer nearer th' fire, M'lady?" She watched as Issotta placed the chairs oddly.

Issotta turned, looking at the fire. "Well, I suppose it would, but the fire is burning so high....we might get too warm altogether."

Caillie's brows knit momentarily. "Aye, perhaps so."

After a few moments of pleasantries, The Lady of the Lake hit on the heart of the matter to see what Caillie was like under non-controlled conditions. "Tell me why all of the castle staff are either missing or nervous these days."

Her mouth was left slightly agape at the question. "Staff?" She stalled for time. "I believe it was th' doing o' Sabine before she left for MacGregor's Woods. I ha' yet tae find th' exact reason." She spoke slowly and evenly.

"Caillie, there's no use not telling me the truth," trying some confrontation for starters.

"Aye. I intend tae get tae th' bottom o' it, surely. One cannae be looking hither an' yon everytime something is needed." She spoke offhandedly.

Murmuring and having a look at her from head to toe, Issotta continued. "I have something that I want you to taste...you remember the sacred feast?" She drew from her little pouch at the side of her robe. " Well, I would like you to take some for me tonight. And then we will talk some more."

Her smile evaporated quickly. "Take some? Is this nae something we will share as we talk over absent times?"

"The herbs, Sweet. The herbs that will open your spirit to me. You are going to take them for me and then I am going to help you." She watched her carefully. "All right, sister mine?"

Slowly her hands began to clench and unclench at her sides. "They ha' spoken tae ye already," she hissed. "Damn them!" She stood abruptly, knocking over her chair. "They wasted nae time, I see." She paced around the room like a caged lion.

Standing rapidly calling with the voice that Caillie has heard but seldom, "Ashea!" Her voice rolled out with the familiar priestess trick. "You will sit.....," towering over her with the glamour of the Goddess.

Her hands went limp at her sides and she righted the chair; however, she still stood with her hands on it's back.

Squinting at her a minute and drawing out her dagger, "Stay....right....there."

Silently, Caillie moved with leaded feet to position herself to sit.

She pointed the dagger out from her body and walking around Caillie in a circle with it, thrice, with the secret words which would make a temporary, emergency barrier between them and anything outside the circle. Going to stand in front of Caillie and driving the dagger into the floor, with a brief sorry thought for the rug, she sat back down in front of her again and leaning forward. "Now...it is but you and me, Caillie. Sisters, alone together, and you will stop hiding from me."

Her eyes were mere slits as she sat, following the Lady o' th' Lake. Her voice was cold as she spoke, "I thought ye my Sister in Spirit. I see now where your loyalties lie...with THEM!"

Issotta sighed. This wasn't working. Standing over her and placing her left palm on Caillie's brow before the other woman knew what she was doing, she whispered. "I love you, Caillie.....in the name of the Goddess who loves you as well. Show me." She put a hand like a vice grip on the Queen's shoulder.

The name Ashea echoed in her mind as she screamed, "Unhand me! I shall call for guards!"

She closed her eyes and drew Caillie's thoughts in through her body slowly...tentatively...while holding Caillie still with her other hand.

Tears formed on Caillie's lashes as she looked up at her Sister. Her voice suddenly soft and quiet. "An' ye know my love fer ye." Her breathing became rapid and shallow...she felt she was gasping for air...yet she said no more.

As Caillie's voice softened, images began to flow between them and they shook Issotta hard, making her stagger and nearly crumple. A deep wave of nausea washed over her body and she cried out, low and agonized a moment.

"Show ME!" the words finally spat aloud from Caillie as she watched Issotta's pain without emotion.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbMon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 am

In her mind's eye....blood and decay....hatred and fire!! It was more powerful than she was! Issotta dropped to her knees at Caillie's feet. Her hand slipped away from Caillie's brow and she scooted back across the carpet away from the other woman.

With a sudden turn, Caillie's hands reached for Issotta's. "Ye shy away?? her voice incredulous.

" No, love," gasping a moment. "No. Just a brief wave of dizziness there. That fire is hot...after all." Standing up on tremulous legs, she wondered if she ought to yell for that guard after all.

"Dear One," she cooed once again, "Check th' window. Perhaps it has blown shut. Now," she smiled warmly, "were ye nae about tae serve me tea?" her old sparkle returning.

Watching her like watching a predator about to spring, she replied. "Some tea might be nice." Happily, it was already on, for she would not have wanted to turn her back too long, to make it.

"About th' staff," her words flowed easily, "it seems they are prone tae whispers an' gossiping...bu' then...wha' can one expect from commoners."

She poured two cups and into Caillie's dropped the blend...the mugwort, the wormwood, which taken too much would be poison. A careful dose then...and brought it to her. In her own she put some lemon. "Is that not the truth?" sipping her tea. "Just the other day, some villagers told their friends I could fly." Sitting down before her, "I made your tea how you like it. Just a little milk" She winked and watched to see if she would drink.

" Some left o' their own choice," she shrugged. "Others I dismissed for incompetence. Tis nae out o' th' ordinary. Sabine must ha' let th' others go." She took the cup gratefully and blew before sipping. "Fly?" she laughed with the cup stopping midway to her lips. "There are days I wished I could fly.........far, far away." Her voice drifted off.

Taking a long drink of her own tea she nodded.

Finally the steeping brew made it to her lips and she drank thirstily.

"Maybe we should fly together." She had a rueful thought that Caillie was about to be flying in about two minutes, if she mixed that tea right.

She set the cup softly on it's saucer, tho her hands began to shake lightly.

"Here, let me have that cup." Moving her chair over right next to Caillie's and putting her arm around her she spoke, "I surely have missed you."

"I wish tae be away from them all." her voice struggling with a hiss as she handed her the teacup. " Not too close!!" she cried in alarm at Issotta's touch.

Laying the cup aside, she apologized. "I'm sorry, dear," scooting over.

"I cannae stand tae ha' anyone touching me...especially Mel." Again her eyes narrowed to mere slits.

"Really! And you have always been so close to Mel. Was he cross with you?"

"Cross? Her laughter sounded close to a cackle. "O' course nae. They ha' all conspired against me. Mel...Siobhan...Aiden...all o' them." Her arms flung wide in exaggeration.

"Truly?," looking worried. "You know I have missed so much. What are they doing?" almost whispering now.

" They do nae understand th' wishes o' th' Goddess." Again the words were nearly hissed in hatred. "I understand, however...an' soon.........they will."

"Ah, yes...the Goddess. You and I understand her, don't we?"

"Aye." Her eyes meeting her Sister's with blankness.

Sitting back in her chair now with a feigned knowing look, "You know how people can be. They don't listen to women."

"I shall ha' tae teach them in a way they cannae ignore."

"Why don't you let me help you teach them? You can tell me what you plan to do and I will add a few touches to it.....together we will show them."

"No!!!" Her voice was emphatic. " I must show them."

"You are truly powerful right now, Ashea, and I can see that the Goddess is strong in you." She paused. "You must be having strong bursts of the Sight. The things you must see...." musing about this, watching her.

"Tis nae th' Sight, Dear Sister. Th' Goddess an' I speak often. There is nothing left tae th' fates. I follow her wishes."

"Really? That's wonderful, Sister. What did she tell you to do, last you spoke?"

Her fists balled in her lap, "Tis nae tae be spoken aloud. Ye shall see. ALL shall see."

She replied softly, "You know, she speaks to me too. And she has told me that I am to help you."

"No! Ye are trying to trick me. Th' plan is our's and our's alone."

An almost imperceptible feeling of foreboding washed over the Priestess from Avalon... as if something was trying to urge her to leave....that, coupled with the odd scent of stale, stagnant air

Issuing a small, shuddering breath, she looked around.

"No! Ye are trying to trick me. Th' plan is our's and our's alone. I speak wi' th' TRUE Goddess. She is different than th' one we share together."

Pursing her lips and trying to fend off the cloistered feeling she was experiencing, she questioned, "She is? What is her name?"
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbMon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

::Gulp!::
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbMon Jun 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Suddenly the room filled with a loving spirit and she relaxed and laughed softly, wagging her finger. " It must nae be spoken aloud."

Issotta drew over herself a veil of protection, but it held the feeling at bay for only seconds.

Again the feeling of love permeated the room. "Can ye nae feel her presence?"

"As a matter of fact, I do!" nearly choking.

Her voice condescending, "I thought so."

"Where is your daughter? Does she speak to the Goddess too? Or..." poking and prodding, "Does she love Mary the Virgin?"

"Siobhan does nae understand. Tis th' Christian ways she follows. She shall pay. However, there may be hope for th' child. " The words were no more than a whisper. She leaned forward, "She has th' Sight, O Lady o' th' Lake."

"Siobhan has it?" This caught her by surprise.

Unfastening the top button of her gown, she gasped slightly. "You know that you still have to obey me, Ashea?" figuring this will get a reaction of SOME sort. Forgetting about Siobhan for a moment, "You obey me....I speak for her."

"Obey? I obey th' Goddess an' no other!! Nae even ye. Ye are bu' a messenger." The words were like a slap in the face to her sister. " I speak .......I speak tae her directly. I need no mediation."

across the chamber a hand mirror fell from it's perch atop a dresser

Issotta jumped as the mirror crashed to the floor.

" Wha' is tha'?"

"A burst of wind, knocked your mirror down." That was a lie and she knew it. She stood slowly.

Seeing the shards of the looking glass, she walked toward it. She knelt down and picked up a long, pointed sliver. The reflecting red eyes soothed her spirit as she stared.

"Careful.....you will cut yourself." There was a faint red glow around the perimeter of her line of vision and she backed away one small step.

She held the shard tightly...oblivious to the blood now streaming down her hand as she moved toward Issotta, her menacing eyes holding those of the Lady.

Groaning inwardly for what she thought was coming next. "You're bleeding dear."

She ignored the spoken words. "SHE has spoken again. Ye are interferring an' She is upset."

"Well then! Let's see her and she can tell me herself."

"Ye hold yerself upon a pedestal, M'lady. Th' Goddess does nae see ye there. She speaks only tae those who truly believe." She walked closer to the lady as her grip on the shard tightened.

"And you do, I can see that. You believe it so deeply......like falling into a pond. You cannot get out." Another wave of foreboding issued forth, weak but tangible.... this with an acrid taste.

"Ye said yerself, I am all powerful. So She wishes it to be."

She was nauseated....and she could feel it in the room. Caillie was going to strike, but even more concerning was the presence around her. If she ran, it would not be fast enough, so she provoked. " So, show me....Caillean."

Her hand poised as she neared, "I wish ye nae harm, Sister. However, She has spoken."

A knock at the door and Meldrum entered the room.

"Meldrum!"

"Great Goddess Meldrum!" bursting out verbally while watching Caillie. "This is bad timing."

He saw Caillie, blood drippiing from her hand as she was approaching Issotta. "Caillie? Are ye alright?"

She whirled, the glass shard still held aloft.

"Get your guard, Meldrum, " low and simple.

He looked to Issotta then back to Caillie and prepared to defend himself if need be. " I am weel able tae 'andle m'self, especially if it be wi' m'wife, Issotta."

the door swung closed of it's own, the latch catching into the jamb

He turned and frowned.

Approaching her offensively, "Give me that glass. "

Her own eyes began to glow red.

Meldrum turned back and approached Caillie. " Milove, gi' me th' glass. Ye've 'urt yerself"

"How nice o' ye tae join us," taking a stance that allowed neither of them to near. "Get back!"

He only stopped briefly then felt the evil presence in the room, not knowing what it was, he again came forward slowly.

This gave her pause. "I want it, and you are going to give it to me." Something in that room was making her feel aggressive herself.

"Ye want it!" she mocked.

She felt heated and angry. "Do it now!" She lunged at her, knocking her to the floor.

" An' just who are YE?!"

She grabbed her by the hair and knocked her head against the floor.

She scrambled, her legs flailing and her arm swinging into the air, hoping to strike at either of them.

He grabbed the shard of glass she had in her hand by opening her hand and taking it from her.

She grappled for her wrist, but Mel had the shard.

He cut his own hand in the process. "Now love, ye've 'urt yerself. Let Issotta 'elp ye."

Suddenly the room began to close in on her. "I shall kill ye both!" she screamed.

Rolling away, she yelled, "Try it!" and tore at Caillie's dress, trying to yank her back down.

She reached behind her for another shard.

He knelt down next to her then seeing her flailing such, he sat on her legs.

Grabbing the pointed shard, again she swung as it caught Meldrum heavily in the chest.

Pinning her upper body, she screamed when she saw the flash of the glass.

He looked down at the shard of glass sticking out of his chest, then fell over backwards.

Blood spurted and covered her face but still she lashed out towards Issotta. "Ye are next! "

Screaming as it slashed her upper arm, she regained some sense of her sanity with the pain.

Her legs freed, she crawled towards the Priestess.

Mel reached up and put his hand in front of the glass, it going through his hand but he got it away from her.

She stood up and screamed, "Guard!!!!"

She stabbed at the air.

Pounding on the door which was stuck, she screamed louder, "Guard!!!"

With his other hand he did the only thing he could, he swung and landed a fist on her chin.

She fought like something possessed...until........the blow caught her on the jaw.

She turned when she heard the big thud of fist on flesh.

Her eyes rolled back and she slumped face down on the marble floor.

Mel rolled over and crawled over to her again, holding her in his arms.

She yanked on the door and heard shouting outside the hallway.

He looked up to Issotta with tears in his eyes.

She gave Mel a stricken look. "I will help her, Mel, I swear it."

He nodded then pulled the shard of glass from his hand, throwing it aside. He then collapsed over Caillie

The door finally swung free and wide eyed guards were standing there as Aiden rushed forward.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbTue Jun 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Aiden was making his way back towards the Queen's chambers, but only a little at a time, for there was much to do along the way. The first thought was that Bryce was under the same spell now as that of the Queen and Blu. But he needed to see it for himself.

What played with his nerves more was the fact that Bryce was just recently given the duty of guarding the Princess. Aiden would certainly feel at fault if something happened to the Princess because of his own judgments.

The orders started with having the Princess brought to him, while Bryce be found, disarmed and detained. With such orders, he wasn't exactly looked at as having the most rational of mind. But for the safety of the Princess and even Bryce himself, the orders were to be taken very seriously.

There was not even time to notify and explain any of this to Eoin. Aiden needed this done immediately. He would take the heat of taking such actions later without consulting his commander, later.

"I want Sir Bryce Dochartaigh brought to me unharmed, however. Unless y'or in a' position of where y'or safety is threatened. Keep y'or wits about you though and--" As Aiden was making his way up the stairs towards the Royal chambers, he suddenly had to abruptly go quiet as he soon looked to the three lieutenants actively on duty at this time, belonging to the three wards of the Castle Moors.

"Did you hear that?" What sounded like a scream, caused Aiden to quickly rush up the stairs and down the hall with the three lieutenants of his rushing right behind him with hands gripped to their sheathed swords.

As soon as he approached the door, he tried to open it, but it seemed jammed. With the pounding of the door and shouts from behind it, Aiden commanded with a firm voice. "Stand back!"

His long, flowing, deep blue cloak spiraled around his body upon his sharp movements as he turned to fully face the door once more. Thinking more of force, than of finesse, he kicked the door once, hearing the wood begin to splinter before another good kick resulted in it flying open.

It couldn't believe the sight of what he saw next....

Meldrum stirred only slightly when Aiden and the guards entered the room. Caillie lay in a heap under his upper torso, unconcious. The pain in his chest was nothing to the pain in his heart. He had never struck Caillie, in anger or jest and to do so went against everything he had ever promised himself about violence against women, particularly his own. He was barely concious, his hand bleeding profusely and a large shard of glass sticking out of his chest. It would seem it have punctured a lung and he was having difficulty breathing. As he looked over to see Aiden the room faded to black.

Aiden paused for only a moment as the initial shock settled in. The bloody position in which he found the Royals, already brought out the worst of thoughts to this situation. Could a murder be already in question?

Not on Aiden's watch.

Haste in actions and a calm mind was what he attempted at as he quickly went over to the heap of Royal bodies upon the floor. "What happened??" He called out to Issotta as he knelt down to the Royals, assessing the situation as his cloak fanned out around him.

His Lieutenants just gazed in horror as they watched, spellbound by the scene.

He listened to Issotta frantically try and make sense of what happened. He didn't want to believe any of it, but all along he felt like something to this nature could have happened based on the Queen's behavior as of late.

Aiden removed and fully separated the King from his wife, just as he watched the King's eyes fade and body give in to the darkness. Noticing the gash to his hand and obviously the shard of glass lodged into his chest, Aiden kept a watch on his chest to see if it would continue to heave before lowering his head with an ear towards the King's mouth, listening and feeling for breath, while his fingers went to feel for a pulse against his neck.

Air bubbles were seeping out of the chest wound where the shard of glass still rested and Mel's breathing was becoming more labored.

He was soon unaware that Issotta had left the room. Knowing her, she was probably well on her way to take action and call upon others who could aid in helping the Royals.

Leaning up, he lightly slapped at the King's left cheek. "Stay with me, Majesty." Quickly he removed his eyes from the King, looking to the three men standing around in shock. Aiden first pointed towards the burly, Irish lieutenant.

"You. Y'or only duty in life right now is to fetch the Healing Commander." He didn't wait for a response before pointing to the youngest, dark haired lieutenant of the group. "You. Notify Duke MacDomhnaill of the situation." Again, he waited for no response before pointing to the third man. "Acquire some men and seal off the Wing to those who have no important necessity to be in here at this time. Use y'or best judgment. We don't need clutter and panic."
He looked over to the Queen and observed her for any visible wounds other than the one upon her hand. Meanwhile, in a try for multitasking, he slipped a dagger from out of the sheath against his boot before finally looking back to the King.

The lieutenants had vanished from the scene while the knight began to slice through the King's tunic from the collar down, keeping the fabric perked while he cautiously cut as not to slice any flesh, especially when moving near the shard of glass impaled into his chest.

Eventually spreading the tunic open, he looked to the glass shard stuck within his bare chest. There was nothing he could do about that, other than wait for the expertise of the Moors Healer. But while he waited, he tore a new strip away from the King's tunic, then wrapped it around tightly against his blood soaked hand. Once the wound was covered by the temporary dressing, Aiden clasped his hand against the King's own, keeping a good amount of pressure on it as he awaited Aisling's arrival.

Ashly had been in the infirmary and when summoned with such exuberance, she ran as quickly as her offset body would let her to the royals chamber making sure to grab her medicinal pouch and calling to Esmelda who was in the hallway as she ran past. Making her way quickly to the door and looking within, not waiting for Esmelda to catch up. She paused taking in the sight before her.

Esme turned and followed quickly on Ashly's heels at a run

Arriving at the doorway to the royal chambers, gasps softly at the scene in the room before them. "Bloody Hell !"

Now seeing her, he quickly spoke out. "Ash....quickly...we've got a major situation."

The blood from the king's wounds was horrific and she immediately came to the royals sides. "Aiden.....what 'as 'appened?" She began assessing injuries with the king first in her sights.

He now finally moved as so she can have full possession of the King. "No time to discuss that now. All I saw was an injury to his hand and glass stuck deep into his chest."

Mel's breathing was becoming increasingly labored.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbTue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 pm

"Esmelda, come quickly!" Her heart fell when she saw the shard protruding from the kings right side of his chest.

Entering the room, she moved quickly to Ashly's side, for now letting her assess the situation as Esme did a quick assessment of her own.

"By the Gods! Who would 'ave done this?" She noticed the bubbling blood at the shard's location and heard the labored breathing. "Esmelda, 'elp me tae turn 'im more tae his side. Careful now!"

Aiden quickly turned his attention to the Queen now, looking her over only but once. He felt along, checking for any slashes in the fabric of her garments or blood that was of her own. There was but a single soft moan from Caillie.

Esme kneels beside Ashly as they try to gently move him, turning him more on to his side.

"Careful not to turn him too far." She glanced at the hand that was cut. It would wait as it was slowing in bleeding with Aiden's quick thinking. She began to feel for a heartbeat at his neck. She then leaned down to hear his breath better. Her eyes glanced to Esmelda full of deep worry.

Heartbeat was fast, very faint

"Caillie....what have you done?" He whispered quietly before his arm slid underneath her body as to lift her. Her eyes fluttered lightly but did not open. Another soft moan is heard. "Worry not. I've got you.." He whispered softly once more. He was speaking in hopes that the real Caillie could hear him and possibly be soothed as he now began to take her through the connecting rooms until he was within the Royal bedroom with no explanation to the others at this point.

Ashly rose up once again. She stared at the shard and gently reached to examine the entry wound. Her heart beating very fast knowing this wound could very well be fatal. Mel was unconscious, his mind looking deep into an abyss, dark and foreboding.

"Tis in the lung I am thinking" Esmelda had spoken quietly as she watches Ashly.

"I feel ye be right Esmelda, the shard 'as punctured the lung. There be blood within' 'is breaths. I must remove it." Her hands shaking as she pulled her pouch open. Ashly looked quickly in the direction of the queen as she pulled wraps from her pouch and a small bottle of whiskey out. Pulling a few other items to her side, she glanced at Aiden. Then her mind was back on the king.

"Aye it must come out" reaching to put a hand on the pulse in the King's neck. "Take deep breath Ashly"

Ashly nodded to Esmelda then after dousing the area, she looked to the king's now very pale face then put her hand upon the shard and gently began to extract it hoping is was not jagged edges that appeared. Blood began to pump from the wound as she slid the shard further out. "Esmelda, quickly, the wraps!" As the shard was removed his mind sent him over the edge falling into that abyss. His breathing became so labored as to nearly stop, his heart beating so fast it would seem to leave his chest.

Caillie brought her hand up towards her face as her eyes opened for a moment. There was blood everywhere and she began to scream.

"Stop, Stop, Stop...." He continued in his soft tone as he held her tighter against him as he moved towards the bed. "It is only I, Aiden..." He was trying to ignore the blood and screams for this moment as he was determined to have her restrained.

She struggled to regain clear vision. Her face was close to Aiden's. She screamed louder. "Aiden!!! Where....where is........where is Mel?" her voice full of panic.

Four more guards.....all of who had once left their post, were now back with no evidence of where that roar had once come from. Two moved around the King, while the other two followed Aiden. He had winced a bit due to her screams. "He is bein' looked after, My Queen..." Glancing over to the two guards, he ordered that one removed the bedding and the other slice the sheets into long, thick strips. At this point, there were no questions asked, for time was valuable.

She began to struggle in his arms. "Wha' ha' ye done, Aiden? Wha' ha' ye DONE??"

Her voice and reactions were heartbreaking. But Aiden's face remained dry of expression. He did not even answer her questions but kept her tight within his arms as the men worked.

She began to beat on his chest with her bloody hands. "Ye ha' killed him!! ye ha' killed him!!"

Having stayed at the castle the previous evening, Katie heard the screams from not far and came running to the royal chamber.

Mel was surrounded by darkness. A peace came over him and he allowed it to swallow him. Hands covered in blood, Ashly quickly felt for the pulse again and noticed blood beginning to dribble from the king's mouth as he totally sank into unconsciousness. Sweat beaded on her brow. "I need to use m'elements."

"Nae Ashly ye can nae" Esmelda exclaimed.

"I must.......'e will die ifn' I do nae!"

"Let me try, I dae have some healing that comes from the emeralds I wear"

Ashly looked to Esmelda skeptically. "Tis our king Esmelda.....be ye sure?"

"In tha' meantime send someone tae the kitchen for some clean cheesecloth and some fresh lard in a bowl. I know Ashly, I have always had tha' ability but have ner really used it here, I must try for I will nae have ye risking yer child"

Ashly thought of the queen and Aiden then knowing it would kill the queen to lose him. She looked back to Esmelda. She hesitated only a moment then nodded to her then to a guard.

Caillie's arms and legs flailed as she struggled in vain. "Let me go! Let me go!!! Ye are a killer! Release me! Guards!!!!, " she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Caillie! Caaiillliee!" He grunted at last as he kept his arms locked around her body as best he could. "Stop! Please....do not make me force you to be still!" As soon as the bedding was clear, Aiden actually fell with her to the bed as to keep a clamp of body weight against her.

"Why, Aiden?" she sobbed. "Why would ye do such a thing???" She kicked as she continued screaming. "Guards, help me! Pleeeeeeeease!"

"I did not hurt y'or husband!" He clearly stated. "You must trust that." He then looked to the one guard creating thick strips from the sheets.

Katie nods to the guards at the door, presuming they'd been briefed by Aiden and Issotta, then pushes through the door, looking slightly disheveled. Something about the room felt wrong. "What has happened?" Spoken quietly but firmly. "And how can I help?"

"What shall I dae then Esmelda" She was watching the labored breathing and knowing it would be only a short time before he expired if this did not work. She then glanced to the door seeing Lady Evermore. "Kate, could ye 'elp wit' the queen ma'aps?"

She moves toward Ash and Esmelda, nodding. "I will try." Then changes direction and follows the screaming to then bedroom.

"See tae getting me tha' cheesecloth an' the lard" Shifting to where she was right over the wound pressing down on the slash made by the shard.

"Aye". She rose and went to the door, to return only moments later. "It shall be 'ere soon." She knelt down beside her to help if she could.

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbTue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Caillie's eyes pleaded with the guard to her right. "Ye must help me. Ye must help th' King!!"

"Hold her tight." He now spoke to the one guard who had removed all the bedding, save for the now bare mattress in which she lay against. "He is bein' helped, My Queen."

Her head thrashed from side to side as she struggled for release. "Ye ha' killed him, Aiden!"

Katie pauses at the doorway. "He did no such thing, your majesty, as far as I can tell the King still lives."

The guard now took Aiden's spot as he kept her upper body pinned down while Aiden immediately took a long strip and began to wrap it around her wrist while keeping her forearm pressed down hard. He knotted off near the wrist before stretching out the strip once more and now beginning to tie it to the bed post to the upper right corner. The other guard followed his example, however, he was much hesitant to be doing something as controversial as this.

Her screams subsided as sobs began. She wailed at the top of her lungs, "Meldrum!!!!!"

Kneeling there, Esm presses her hands down over the wound gradually removing the wraps, putting a firm amount of pressure against the opening.
She closes her eyes and begins to concentrate carefully. As she does the emerald necklace begins to glow, giving off a soft green light.

Ashly continually checking the breathing and pulse. Wiping the blood from the King's mouth. She watched as Esmelda brought forth a magic she had not seen her use before.

The harder she concentrates, the brighter the glow becomes and begins to move down her arms till it was flowing thru her fingers resting against the King's chest. Gradually after a time the frothy bubbling at the site of the wound began to abate and as it did the King's breathing became a bit easier. The look of pain on his face easing some as his breathing becomes easier.

"No, No...let me go, please. Please!," she begged of the man. "Tis him ye need tae arrest. Tis Aiden who has done this!"

Katie winced, striding in further, moving near the head of the bed, looking around for a cup or basin of water.

Oh how this pained him so. But again, Aiden kept to his project. Her ankles were the next to be bound by the sheet strips as he eventually knotted it off at the bottom corner post. The one guard who was helping tie her up, looked to him wided eyed as he now stopped in tying her. "Finish tyin' her. I promise, I shall explain the situation and why you are doin' a' good thing by this."

"Aiden," her voice filled with sheer terror. "Aiden, please! Please do nae do this!"

The guard nodded ever slowly, but finished tying her left leg to the corner post. "Good man. Now with what sheets you had left stripped, use them by reinforcin the strips she is already tied too. We need to make sure that she cannot break free." He finally looked back to the Queen with a saddened sigh.

Ashly picked up Mel's head and held it in her hands. "Ye shall nae die this day yer majesty. Tis nae yer destiny." She didn't realize that she was near to tears but her mind was ever thinking of the next move to make.

He could feel himself lifting from the abyss, slowly, ever so slowly.

Esme takes one of her fingers and lightly traces it along the laceration left by the shard's removal, the wound closing slightly in the wake of her finger's movement.

Somewhere in the recesses, he could hear Caillie's cries. He wanted to move to help her but could not.

Finding instead a pitcher, she dipped three fingers in it, kneeling near the queen's head. "Majesty... Caillean, it's Katie. Can you look at me?"

"I must see my husband! Kate....Kate...please! Help me!"

"Caillie, he is in good hands, they are taking good care of him."

Aiden glanced up to Katie before lowering his eyes once more.

The blood still trickled slowly from his mouth and Ashly watched in awe of the magic going on before her. She wanted to use the element to assess what was happening to the king but she would only release the energies if it meant the king's life or death.

Slowly Esme's eyes open and she looks down at the King, relief flooding her as she notes he is breathing easier. The soft glow still flowing from her fingers to the King. "Ashly dae we have the cloth an' lard yet?"

Just as Esmelda asked the question, a young lass brought forth the items requested. Ashly reached to retrieve them from the guard who took the items from the lass. "Aye" She set them down beside Esmelda as she still held the King's head steady upon her leg, used as a pillow.

Nods to Ashly, "Fix a piece of the cloth tae fit the length of the wound, then smear it well with tha' lard".

Ashly checked the pulse once again. It was not as eradic as before. "'is 'eart be beaten more tae the norm now." She did not let herself feel relief just yet. She fixed the to the size of the wound then smeared the lard on it. She was beginning to understand now what Esmelda had in mind. It made perfect sense. His breathing was returning to normal, his heartrate slowed to near normal. He'd lost a lot of blood and was still unconscious.

"I need you to focus upon the sensations you feel." Gently brushing her forehead with the wet fingers and blowing on the streaks. "Concentrate on that. Please Caillie, remember when we were younger, our training? Remember on the Isle.. focus." Blowing again, steadily, pausing. "Remember."

The guard upon her, finally removed himself with Aiden's motions for release. The two guards just stared down to her before Aiden spoke quietly. "Thank you for y'or help. Now, I have another task for you both. Search out the Princess' and see if she be in her quarters. If you cannot find her, come and let me know." The two guards saluted and quickly jogged off. If anything, just to get out of there.

Caillie closed her eyes but saw only blood with them opened or closed. She continued to struggle in vain at the ties to her limbs. Finally, she had sapped her strength and ceased to flail. She felt the cool shimmer on her forehead and thought about the bridge...the bridge she had been taught to center on in times of need.

Leaning back, dipping her fingers again, brushing the center of the queen's forehead. "Caillie, can you look to me?" Blowing gently, using the oldest trick to call attention and focus with the water.

At last, she forced her tear filled eyes to meet Kate's. The pain hidden in them was evident. "Dear Goddess," she murmured over and over.

Pitching her voice to the gentlest tone, invoking just enough of her Bardic talent to project calm and quiet. "That's right, I am here, sister, the Goddess has brought us all here for you."

The bridge, the white light, the Goddess. The bridge, the white light, the Goddess. She struggled to focus. Then the pain of it all returned and she screamed out, "Mel!!"

His breathing was returning to normal, his heartrate slowed to near normal. He'd lost a lot of blood and was still unconscious. "G'd, then tha' interal bleedin' has stopped" Reaching to take the piece of cheesecloth smeared with the lard and places it over the partially closed wound in the King's chest, pressing it along the laceration to finish sealing the wound. Having sealed the wound as best she could, she took some fresh clean wrappings and begin to wrap the King's chest tightly to hold the cheesecloth against the wound.

Ashly could not believe how quickly the King's condition improved but it was obvious that he no longer stood upon death's door. She finally let out a sigh. "I need tae check on the queen. Can ye 'andle the cut upon 'is 'and?"

"Aye, I can handle things here," nods to Ashly and then begins to clean the King's right hand. He began to regain consciousness somewhat.

In his delirium, he could hear his wife and tried to lift himself up to go to her.

"Nae Majesty, ye must be still" speaking quietly to the King to keep him calm and quiet.

Darkness again overcame him and he slumped back to the floor
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 6:37 am

Issotta sat in her chamber, cleansing the slash wound on her upper arm. She looked in the mirror at herself; bedraggled, bruised and anxious.

What had gotten into her in that room? It was something dark and oppressive....rotting.....hateful. She had been too open to Caillean, approaching her with their old closeness and love instead of the caged animal she had become. She had not protected herself. What a fool I am.....

So much for winning Caillie's trust. It may not have been possible anyway, but after that debacle, she would be able to do nothing to win her dear sister over. She would help her, oh, yes, but it would be with force, with the seldom used, vengeful hand of the Goddess. She would need help. She suspected that Caillie would be restrained after this, and that was all for the best.

Issotta knelt with a basin in front of the hearth in her suite and removed all of her clothing, washing away the sensation of darkness that had overtaken her. She put rosemary in the hot water and let its curative properties cleanse her, body and spirit. Into each dip of the sponge she breathed incantation and prayer that would recall the Goddess to her side. The hot water burned as it touched the jagged wound. Serves me right.......

First she would do some research and try to determine what had a grip on her Caillean. Poor Meldrum's eyes had filled with tears to see her that way. She swore she would help her and help her she would. There would be a ritual. She needed more women; twelve of them. They would have to be pagan folk, for good Christian people hadn't the nerve for what they would do. And they would have to have the stomach to see their Queen bound and raving, disobeying her order to release her. Or maybe not a ritual at all. She was unsure and needed advice.

Once she was done and felt whole again and settled, she breathed a sigh of relief. She could feel the familiar whispering of spirit, the solid rhythm of her heart, and her clarity of purpose. She dressed in a simple white gown and put her silver crescent about her neck again.

Into the chamber she called an attendant. "Please send word to the Lady Kate Evermore and ask if she would favor me by calling upon me here in the castle. Tell her, please, that it is urgent. I need her help."

The girl nodded and prepared to leave but Issotta stayed her with a quick hand. "And, please have someone get word to Bry Helgraz. Beg his indulgence; bid him to come to me for I am in need of his wisdom."

She then let the girl go and went to sit on her bed, cross legged, to watch the fire and wait.

In her office in the early evening, a knock sounded on the door.

"Yes?" As she looked up, the door opened and one of the castle messengers stepped in.

"Lady Evermore? I bring a message from the Lady Issotta." He held out a small piece of paper to her.

Taking it, she opened it and read, brows furrowing. Taking a piece of paper from a pile on her desk, she dipped her quill into the ink and wrote a quick response, letting The Lady know she would be there as soon as possible. Dripping wax from the nearest candle onto the folded edge, she pressed her thumb into it and handed it to the messenger with a nod.

Once he had gone, she went to her bedroom, changed into her traveling clothes and then stepped out, locking the office behind her.

"Angus!" She called once she reached the stables, urgency making her tone sharper than intended.

"Lady? What is the matter?" He came running out from the rear, worry suffusing his features.

"No... nothing is... well. If you would please fetch Rahima's saddle and tack for me, I need to make for the castle at once."

After the induction he had been strangely silent, replying to none present, as if he were not even there himself. There had been a hint of something about the Queen as she left. Something familiar. It was in this reverie, still standing in the shadow of one of the pillars, that Issotta's attendant had found him. Not straightaway mind, but after inquiring with some of the guards, they had directed her to the mage's last known location.

The girl was cautious, and seemed to know better than to prod a mage in trance. She cleared her throat quietly, and waited, having already delivered her note to the Lady Evermore.

She did not wait longer. Bry's hand lifted to his face, pulling away the loop of crystal and secreting it in his robes somewhere. He looked across to meet her gaze and gave an acknowledging nod.

"The Lady Issotta wishes me to ask if you will come to meet with her," she began.

Bry raised a hand slightly, palm out and fingers skyward. "Excellent. Tis saves me the trouble of having to ask upon her attendance," he interjected smoothly. "If you could show me to where she is quartered, please," he continued, phrasing the sentence like a question more than an order.

She nodded, and turned slightly. Bry reached over and picked up his gnarled halfstave which had been leaning against the pillar. He allowed himself a brief smile as he followed the young lady back. There would be time for gloom and doom soon enough, anyway.

As he passed through the doors leading out of the Great Hall, he shivered a moment. He reached into the fabric of his robes, pulling out a small band of lead and platinum worked into a figure-eight symbol, and murmured an ancient obfuscative chant. To any watching, he and the messenger would seem in the eyes of any given watcher to be nobody of importance to their business. To the servants, guards. To nobles, servants. To guards, scullery, complete with buckets. And so on.

When they arrived at Issotta's quarters, he tucked the charm back whence it came, ceasing the minor phantasmic effect.

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 6:43 am

At such a point, Sabine had rushed in once the news reached her. She couldn't believe her eyes. The Queen tied down to the bed? The King brought to an inch of his life? After inquiring on what had happened, she went to her Queen's side, opposite of Katie, as she too, now begun to soothe the Queen.

Blowing on the water again softly, placing her hand gently on her head. "He is being well tended, Caillie. Focus. "

And so the madness within Solurius continued, forcing those even of composed and carefully planned thought to make rash decisions. Leagues away two haggard looking riders reached the shoreline of a little traveled rocky coast where a skiff lay grounded on a small sand bar. There upon the shore a small group waited. Some were Bryce's kin that have been aiding him in getting his hands around his governance of the lands, while others seemed to be from the darker side of society, sea-faring low lives who made their way in the world through clandestine dealings of contraband items.

A brief exchange was all the Eire-landers had time for before Bryce and the princess boarded the skiff along with the smugglers, heading out for a swift caravel le that would try to slip through the Solurian waters and take them to safety beyond it's borders.

Such was the product of the whisperings that have been causing chaos within the kingdom....
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 4:05 pm

After a night of fitful sleep Caillie woke to the sun shining in her eyes. Foolish maids! No one had closed the draperies last evening! She attempted to rise and found herself trussed to the bed like a wild animal! Who was responsible for this???

She struggled to lift her head, feeling a seering pain as if she had been struck by a log on the side of her head and neck. The pain left the sensation of stars spinning before her eyes and she resigned herself to lying back...contemplating.

The events of the previous nite were merely a blur. Blood...blood everywhere! Suddenly there was a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Dear Goddess! Meldrum!!!

As she screamed the word aloud, a petite maiden came rushing to her side. She curtsied and apologized for the trappings of the Queen then rushed off to fetch her some tea. Tea! Everyone thought that was the cure of all ills in this retched Kingdom! As Fiona rushed out, a horde of guards peered into the chambers...most likely checking to see the Queen was still tightly secured. Satisfied, they closed the door and went back to their posts.

Fiona returned and stood at the side of the Queen's bed holding the tray and wondering just HOW Her Majesty was to eat or drink. Caillie seized the opportunity.

It took little persuading to con the naive lass into untying her hands to allow her nourishment. Surely the maiden could see that was a service to the Kingdom! That task accomplished, it took quite a bit MORE persuading to have Fiona unbind her feet. Caillie had promised the lass the moon and MORE if she would just "accompany" her in to see for herself that the King was resting comfortably. Fiona faltered knowing the guards hovered outside the door. Caillie assured her she would be rewarded handsomely. They would just use the "connecting" doors and not disturb the guards needlessly. They were, after all, desperately overworked.

With her fingers to her lips in a shushing sign, Fiona and Caillie tiptoed into the King's chamber.

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Sabine had stayed with the Queen after she had finally fallen asleep. She stretched out on the couch totally spent and exhausted both physically and emotionally. Never had she seen such strength and mindless ravings in the Queen. Though Aiden cautioned her about being alone with Caille, Sabine did not feel that she could not leave Caille alone, not after the emotional upheaval of the night before.

But lying down on the couch in the Queen's bedchamber turned out to be her undoing. For before she knew it, Sabine had fallen into a deep sleep born of exhaustion. So deep asleep Sabine only stirred when Caille screamed, trying to rouse from that deep sleep. Sabine did not hear Fiona return and untie Caille. By the time that Sabine was able to rouse herself to look about she saw Caille and Fiona slipping into the King's bedchamber.

Sabine quickly rose and moved silently toward the door into the King's bedchamber where she stood and watched, to see what Caille was up to.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Exhausted was the key word to Aiden's present condition. It was to the point of where he cared not where he rested at this moment, so long as he was able to do it during this window of opportunity when he was not needed.

He would not step forth in the Queen's chamber being that the mere sight of him enrages her further. He would not disturb the King by sitting in with him for he would just clutter the room where healers came and went.

And so the knight simply leaned his body against the stone wall of the hallway before finally slumping down into a squatting position with his head resting back against the wall. Closing his eyes and ceasing all thoughts, he began to block out everyone that was walking by, rotating between the King and Queen's separate chambers.

Just as he began to fade into sleep, he was soon lightly shaken at the shoulder. "Sir Reinhardt. They be gathered at yer office as ordered."

It had only been three hours or so, since the King was placed into his bed in order to rest and heal up. The sounds from the Queen's chambers was of silence. The best sound he has heard these few hours. But as Ashly stated, the liquid she took in would only last five hours. That did not give him much time.

Still in the mid of night, Aiden rubbed his face as he nodded slightly to the knight who had awoken him. "Alright. I'm comin'..."

Slowly he arose and made his way to the Garter house. Of course all he needed to do in order to get to his office was listen to the roar of conversations down the hall the closer he came to it.

The higher ranked officers who needed to be informed at this moment, were all standing outside of his office. Aiden did not say a word as he moved his way through the crowd of twenty before finally finding his door and pulling it open. As he stepped in and light was produced, he took off his cloak and moved around his desk while the roar only grew louder from the words of men who crowded the room.

He heard himself being addressed for attention by several of the individuals who wanted answers. Aiden simply held his hand up, looking slightly irritated, for he was after all tired. "Just....shhhh..."

At least taking the quiet time to pick off his black leather gauntlets and toss them onto his desk, he finally gathered his thoughts and spoke out. "We have had a' situation in which most of you have no doubt probably heard in some form or another. I will not fully reiterate the problem within the Royal wing. However, I ask for y'or help and full cooperation. First thing is first..." Aiden began to roll up his sleeves, trying to get somewhat comfortable for he knew he was going to be here awhile.

In Aly's absence, Aiden had taken command of the Navy for the time being. He had this written in the same missive as that of orders to the Navy, regarding a full "lock down" of the isle. The Navy was experienced and trained to react in haste with this very order, for Aiden has had to use it in the past. The last issue of "lock down" came forth during Aisling's kidnapping.
The result to this order was that all vessels in a full coastal surrounding of Solurius were not to enter, nor exit. It was not even a question of Naval ships strictly searching each vessel and allowing them to pass on approval. Rather, it was full Harbor detainment's.

It may be a hassle, but it was effective. Merchant ships, importing goods would simply have to reroute and wait or unload certain goods to Naval vessels and have them bring it back to the isle.

When seeking someone on the run, Aiden's theory, in adaptation with the land, was to barricade and secure the surrounding ocean first and work your way inward.

The only difference to these orders now, was that not even the Knights of Solurius could command their way through. Rather, if someone wished to leave, they would need direct permission from Aiden himself.

It may be inconvenient, but at least Aiden wouldn't need to worry about searching the damn world for the Princess and Bryce.

And so, orders to the Navy were sealed and given to two men of the Red Quill Messenger Corp. They were soon to make haste through the Gateway Stone as to reach the Naval Harbor as quickly as possible.

Although, Aiden needed a secondary plan in case the Princess had already left Solurius or was about to. This inspired him to write up his next missive. A request of DrachenFyre's aide.
The men around Aiden would just have to wait, while he wrote up all of what is going on in the letter and what he needed from Drach before finally sealing that up and handing it to yet another Red Quill messenger who would take it on to Avalon.

Moving his search now inward: Dragoon soldiers were to form a search in the location of Ard Talmh. Bryce's land. The light calvary involved in the search were to throughly investigate and bring word back to Aiden, while Patrols were to keep to their routes within the city and highways, but with eyes peeled for Bryce and Princess Siobhan.

Aiden was going to treat the Princess' leave with great seriousness. Especially since Bryce may be under a similar spell as that of Blu and the Queen, based on Sabine's description of what she saw at the ball. The fact also remained that Aiden did not want the Princess removed. She may have been fearful, but to just up and leave was no excuse. Not to mention that if Bryce were in the right state of mind, he would at least notify Aiden. Everything was just too out of the ordinary to believe that this was for what it was. The Princess leaving and Bryce with her for protection.

Once she is found, he can assess the situation for himself and act accordingly. At least, he would personally know that she was safe and Bryce dealt with.

As for the Queen, the Royal Guards assigned to the Royal Wing would need to change out of routine. Specific orders were to treat her chamber like that of a cell and the Queen herself being a hostile prisoner at best. However, she was NOT to be physically harmed by any of the guards, but restrained when necessary to the best of their ability once the sheets that bound her were taken off. He could not keep her within them for days and days on end. He did not even know when she would be rid of this evil entity that has plagued her mind so. If ever.

And so, for the time being, only those important to her welfare were to be let in. But before they were to be let in, she was to be clasped in irons with a guard always close to her and aware of her every action. When visited, one was never to be left alone with the Queen without a guard present and watchful.

The entire wing itself was to remain sealed off, save for those who had a purpose to be there. It was the only way to really ensure protection of everyone.

The same orders were to be given to those in the dungeon in regard to the Lady Blu MacDraven. They both seem to have the same source of illness. Although, Blu seemed more severe since her touch resulted in flame.

Once these orders were all given and the situation was explained in a little more detail to the officers, he dismissed them before slumping down into his desk for the moment. Time was vital, however. Therefore, Aiden rubbed his eyes once more before preparing to write further orders.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Siobhan awakened with a start in the dark night, from a dead sleep. Pillows...blankets...a bed! Ah, yes, they had made it to the Inn. Out of Solurius now.....safe. She still did not understand how they had escaped, for the response had been so quick to her departure that it was only, she thought, by the grace of God that they had slipped through the patrols.

It was good to be indoors again, with a fire, having had a bath, a warm meal and a bed, by heaven. The times Siobhan had left her own homeland had been under heavy guard. She felt a moment's anxiety and homesickness. Stripped of her royal identity now, her father's good name would not save her here, and her entire refuge was Bryce. He was good to her and had not failed her even one moment.

She thought of her family and wondered, tearfully, if they were well. She fought the foreboding feeling of disaster and gasped slightly as a sharp pain rose in the right side of her chest. She could hardly breathe, and the pain was intense. All she could think of was her Da. She stifled her pained gasp, to keep from waking Bryce. After a few moments it subsided and she knew that something was wrong at home. This, then, was why she had run and why she would hide here in this land until they heard it was safe to go home.

Meldrum lay on his bed in deep unconsciousness. He wasn't in a coma, especially, however he wasn't able to bring himself back to reality... the reality that his wife had actually attacked him, stabbed him twice, perhaps mortally. He heard voices whisper but was not able to react or answer in any way. The darkness gave way to enlightenment as his mind went over all that had happened in the past few weeks and days. Caillie's demeanor and actions, her dismissing perfectly loyal servants for mere whispers as they went about their business in the castle. Now Siobhan had left for God only knew where. How could she do this? She knows how dangerous it is outside of Solurius or even the castle. His son's clothes were gone as well. Had he decided to flee his mother? He had to come out of this but it was so hard to find his way back. He heard that familiar voice of his Caillie speaking to him. A tear formed in the corner of one eye but still he was unable to speak.

Katie hung the last of her clothes in the wardrobe in her well-appointed guest room in the castle and expressed a loud sigh. She'd hoped she was done with guest rooms and hotels except for her own.

She wrapped her arms around herself and wandered to the window, frowning down on the grounds. Something was intrinsically wrong here. When she went running into the royal chambers the other night, she felt something of a ...slimy film shudder over her skin, and the hint of a stench assailed her.

But before she could pin it down, she was called to help and it slithered away. She still recalled it, though, in the quiet of the evening, after the hue and cry was done. After the queen had been restrained, and the king well tended, she realized she didn't even know why the entire debacle had happened.

Pausing a moment, she took a long last look at the grounds darkening in the dusk. Then she turned on her heel and left the room, stopping the first page she came across.

"Please take me to the Lady Issotta."

Esmelda had spent the night at the King's beside to ensure that nothing happened in the way of a set back. She was very concerned for Ashly and the stress she was under right now. Not only was Ashly having to deal with this strange business with the King and Queen, there was Blu in the dungeon, apparently possessed by something evil like Aly, but there was also this strange sickness that seemed to be invading the lands.

Last night when the Queen was ranting and screaming, Esme sensed something that she could not quiet put her finger on, but she knew whatever it was it was pure evil. Something had to be done and done quickly, but what? So Esme kept her watch over her King for now.

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Issotta paced hypnotically through her chamber, lost in thought and half-trance while she tried to sort out what was to be done next. She could hear screaming in the Queen's chambers and knew the healers and Aiden had gone in. She would let them work, not being composed enough to participate just yet.

The door opened quietly, and the old mage stepped inside, crookshank halfstave making a faint click when it connected with the floor.

She felt someone there before she spotted him and turned to look up.

He had a satchel slung over one hip, but was otherwise in his normal attire; normal in his case being the hooded black robes, though the hood was cast down to reveal the faint markers of his half-elven heritage and the strange silver cords which followed the lines of his facial musculature. He quirked a bit of a smile as she looked up. "Thinking ... elsewhere?"

Issotta offered a half smile, "I think you know where my thinking was. Thank you, Bry ... thank you for coming. I am sure you know why I have called upon you for help," she replied, going to happily serve him with her own hands. "Can I take anything for you? May I bring you some refreshment?"

Bry smiled, then chuckled softly. "Please don't take it as a sign of discourtesy to your hospitality, but you need not do this for me." He unslung the satchel, looking around the chamber for a good place to put it. Finding a spot which would make it fairly readily accessable, he set it down carefully. "And in truth, I think her Majesty and certain others are in greater need of our service," he concluded, with a slight emphasis on 'our'.

"Most assuredly. The Queen is raving in her chambers even now. I have a faint idea what might be troubling her but I knew you would be a better resource to figure out what the problem is," Issotta said, sighing and sitting down heavily. She continued. "It is as if someone is talking through her sometimes. It is not simple madness. Something glowed at me out through her eyes ... something red."

Bryan nodded slowly. "I saw a hint of it at the very end of the last Induction Ceremony. But I've not had the chance to view the problem directly. There are a number of possibilities, from a magical standpoint, that could explain what has happened - but the more difficult task, naturally, is to find a way to ... evict the causitive agent."

At this point he noticed her injury. His eyebrows arched upward, lips pursing slightly. "You tried to reach through the madness, I take it?"

"Actually," she began, then paused a moment, looking embarassed, "I did and I did not protect myself well enough beforehand. I approached her like my dear one, instead of realizing what could be inside her. I was not ready ... and ... and I let it get to me." She looked at her injury. "At least the cut was a wake up call to sanity. I," another pause, then more quietly, "I think I would have harmed her if I could. The feeling in the room was hateful and I let that feeling in."

"Contagious."

Nodding in affirmation, she went on, "Something stopped me from totally losing myself in it. The protection of the Goddess, I suppose, when my own sense did not intervene."

Bryan nodded slowly. "We have some defense against it because of our specific training. Others have to rely on solely on their natural strength of will."
"That and Meldrum ... he burst into the room. He has a shard of glass sticking out of her chest for it. What do you think it is, Bry? I think it's an actual intelligence ... the way it speaks. Another being altogether."

Bry tilted his head slightly. "There is definitely an intelligence behind it. What I do not yet know is if it is a possession, or a mental domination. Though the end results are nearly identical, it makes a significant difference in the means needed to rectify. And the Queen is not the only one so endangered. My wife ... ex-wife ... has also acted in a manner that suggests she is similiarly afflicted."

She sighed softly. "Do you think that we should call upon her ... Blu ... in the dungeon? Would it help us ferret out the answers?"

He paused a while, eyes half closed in thought. When he spoke again, it was in a very quiet, neutral tone. "My strongest suspicion is that the liche who calls himself William is behind both of these events. The pattern of events with both women reflects the hand of a master marionettiest so to speak - one who manipulates both directly, and by leaving his victims aware at just the right moments."

Issotta rested her head in her hands briefly. "Well, she does have times when she is completely lucid and herself for moments, hours, on end. I am undereducated about the liche. I know what it is ... I do not know how to manage it. All I hear are folk tales about holy water and the like," she concluded, rubbing her eyes.

"Holy water ... barring, say, full immersion, is about as damaging to a liche as a dagger is to you or I. The greatest problem is that if you can't find the trinket they stuck their soul in, they just reform their body within a day's time of their 'death'. Needless to say, this makes disposing of one in a permanent fashion very difficult."

"It sounds, then, like we have a dual problem. Not only do we need to rid the victims of the connection but we also need to get at the root of the liche and destroy it, or it will just be a new victim tomorrow. I have called upon the Lady Kate Evermore ... I can have a full circle of women available to us for any rite or ritual that we need to draw it out of Caillie, or to insulate her from it. Whatever you think will work."

Bry nodded grimly. "If we can call it to the surface ... then we may be able to unravel the binding while it is so exposed. The problem is in keeping it from resubmerging, so to speak, during this process."

Issotta bit her lower lip while she thought. "Is there anyone else that you recommend we call upon for this?"

"I think it best if we keep to the minims. I know I can protect myself, and you yourself - if we use a circle rite to do this, the protection of the quarters should shield the women involved - beyond that, we risk spreading the contamination further," he replied, rolled his lips in between his teeth, as he considered.

She nodded her agreement.

"Whichever we try to save first, the other will need to be most carefully guarded. If we rob the liche of one of its pawns, it will almost certainly try something with the other."

"This is meant as no disrespect to the Lady Blu, but I want to see the Queen freed first. For the sake of the security of this kingdom."

Bry nodded in acquiesence. "A sensible approach; though the other half of the coin is if something goes awry, better Blu than the Queen, also for the security of the kingdom." His features tightened noticably on saying those words.

Issotta looked down at her hands, aware of the fact that this idea causes him pain. She said softly, "It bears thinking."
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Once reaching Issotta's door, Katie thanked the page, sending him on his way. She then turned, knocking gently

Issotta had been pacing around and went to the door promptly, opening it.
"Kate! Thank the Goddess...come in."

She stepped in, bowing formally to the Lady. "I am sorry for bothering you, Lady."

"No please...I am glad you have come. I sent word." She looked flustered and shut the door behind her.

"Yes, I received it, and have been staying here since." She paused a moment. "Lady... there is no delicate way of saying this, so I will be frank. What in the name of the Goddess has been happening here?"

Issotta pointed at a chair. "You might want to sit down." Katie perched where told, waiting, listening.

"She claims that she speaks to "the True Goddess"....but I have to tell you, the feeling in that room was terrible. Hateful and decaying. I am embarrassed to say that I let it get to me. I was unprepared." She looked at her hands and Katie frowned slightly.

"I believe I felt... something of what you speak. It was faint, almost... " she paused to think, "almost... dormant? Or distracted. It was certainly nothing of the Goddess I know. If what I saw was any indication of what you felt, well... I am not surprised it got to you. You had to focus on the Queen, and that was enough for it to turn on you."

"She...she stabbed the King. She got me too, in the arm. I...I attacked her Kate." Issotta started to look tearful. "I knocked her down on the ground like some kind of brute. She looked at me with red, glowing eyes."

Katie frowned slightly, looking a little uncomfortable. "With all due respect, Lady, representative of the Goddess though you are... you are still also human. And you were slightly vulnerable, your barriers were down in your attempt to reach Caillean."

Issotta nodded. "It was just disgraceful, that's all. I have spoken to Helgraz about any ideas on what it may be. He thinks it's that liche that is tormenting others in the kingdom."

"Speaking as a true child of Eire ...once in awhile diplomacy fails and brute force must be applied." She smiled briefly. "Liche? What is this, I had not heard.."

"I do not know much about it, to be honest. This is why I called upon Helgraz. It, I think, is something dead but not dead. Something about its soul be put into an object....I find it all very confusing."

"Dead but not dead.." She trailed off, contemplating. "And you believe this is affecting the Queen?" Another pause. "Wait a moment, did you say red, glowing eyes?"

"Red, glowing...." She shuddered.

"The princess' dream... " Katie's eyes widened, and Issotta frowned.

"Siobhan? What's she got to do with this?"

"She came to see me, when her mother started acting strangely. She had had a vision that absolutely terrified her... something about her father lying in blood, and a man with ...glowing red eyes standing over him. She saw it in the fire."

"Caillie said, during her ranting, that she was unsure if Siobhan could be saved...but that the girl had the sight." Her own eyes widened. "She must have known the girl had a vision."

"Yes. She most definitely does. And she is a believer in the Christian god, so it frightened her enough to believe it was evil." She sighed softly. "I believe her mother came into her room after the vision and refused to tell her anything about her gift."

"Oh, Caillean." Issotta murmured. "Did the child come to you, then?"

Katie nodded. "She did, in the dark of night and alone. She wanted help to stop the visions. I did what I could to start her on the path toward grounding herself and building personal shields, so that she could at least keep outside influences at bay."

"If she's bright enough, it should work for awhile." Issotta nodded as well.

"She was at least willing to learn a little about the Goddess and how I believed. I tried to phrase it in ways she would understand and relate to her own faith. I had hoped she would come visit me again, and I could help her further, but it seems she has disappeared."

"I heard Aiden muttering something about the girl being gone. If she went with someone safe, it might be better off, the way her mother was talking."

"Well, it would appear that has been cast into some doubt as well. At the Halloween Masque, Sir Bryce was in attendance, though he was expected not to be. Part way through the festivities he turned into .... some sort of ... thing... and vanished... the theory is that she has gone off with Sir Bryce as her guard."

"What a mess." she groaned softly. "How did this all happen, Kate?"

"I don't know. I believe it ties into the affliction to Lady Blu, and Countess Aly MacDraven.. if you say it is this.. 'liche' ... I cannot help but think it all ties together."

Issotta sighed heavily. "Can you find another 10 or 11 pagan women? I think we're going to have some hard ritual work to do."

"I have been mostly solitary, so I am not certain who is about that would be suitable." Katie rubbed her temple with one hand.

"I don't want to wait long enough to call my own from Avalon if we can find our own people in this kingdom. No Christian women, bless their hearts...they will not be equal to this task." She sighed. "Give it some thought."

"Unfortunately the Christian women will only try to exorcise it with prayer and penance." She grimaced. "I will think on it, Lady. I am available for what you may need."

"Another thing, Kate.....don't make the mistake I did. Shield yourself anytime you are with the Queen."

Katie nodded. "Of course. Seeing her needing restraint by three armed guards was ... not the way one wishes to see a friend."

"No indeed." she swallowed hard. "Is she still bound thus?"

"Insofar as I am aware." She shook her head. "I cannot imagine her being let loose, given Sir Aiden's reprimands to the guards."

"Keep your door locked Katie....I can't tell you how it pains me to say it. But she is a wild thing now."

"I will do what is needed to keep myself and those around me safe, Lady. You included if need be."

Issotta's relief was deep and plainly evident on her face. "Thank you for coming Kate. What a blessing you are."

"We are what we are." She smiled slightly, and Issotta smiled in return. "No more no less. Is there anything else I should be aware of or on guard from, do you think?"

"I have to admit that I just don't know yet."

"Alright, she nodded, "then I suppose I will be on guard from... everything." She laughed humorlessly.

"There you go. That's the best way."

"I will keep you notified if anything untoward happens."

"Thank you, Kate. Now, I am going to talk to the Queen, who supposedly is asking for me." She shuddered and Kate managed barely not to cringe.

"Lady, my room is down the hall. If you need me at any time... "

"Thank you....if I come in with my hair on fire you will know why."

"I will be ready with the water."

"Thank you." She chuckled a bit and headed out the door.

Katie stood, bowed again, followed her out and headed down the hall to her own room.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Fiona followed silently behind the Queen as she made her way through the connecting doors. Caillie turned to her, again giving her the signal of silence. Ashly was next to the king's bed in a high backed chair, her head forward as she lightly dozed. Startled as she saw Ashly's sleeping form, she proceeded on tiptoe.

"Mel, my love?" she whispered. She blanched at the sight of his ashen form. Sabine has moved silently toward the connecting door, standing just where she can see the Queen and Fiona.

He knew Caillie was speaking to him and he desperately wanted to answer her, but he couldn't break free of this darkness.

Ashly immediately awoke at the whisper as she was barely asleep and acutely aware of her surroundings coming from years of medicine.

"Dear Goddess," Caillie fell to her knees. She started to reach out to take his hand, then drew back. She was afraid to touch him lest she cause him pain. "My love?" she whispered again. Sabine steps into the room on silent feet, moving toward the chair where Ashly was sitting, noting Esme on the opposite side of the bed. Esme eyes were open and watching silently as well.

Once Ashly realized it was the Queen at the other side of the bed, she rose immediately and rushed around the bed. "Yer majesty..?" A question in her voice. She leaned down and lifted the Queen back to a standing position.

"Duchess! Wha' ails him?" Sabine steps to the Queen taking her hand as she speaks to Ashly. Caillie's eyes drifted from her husband to Ashly, "Might I touch him...hold his hand? He needs tae know I am here," she pleaded.

"Caille, 'e is restin' sae that 'e may come back tae us. It looks much worse than it be, thanks tae Esmelda." She looked t'wards Esmelda. "Aye, ye may." Esme merely smiles as she rises and moves to stand at the bedside opposite the others. Ashly looked to Sabine with questioning eyes, knowing orders were given not to undo her restraints. Sabine shakes her head no, darting a glance to Fiona who is almost huddling in the corner of the room, nodding for the girl to leave, offering the young girl a smile.

Caillie gently took the unbandaged hand into her own, stroking it lovingly.
"My love...I am here wi' ye. Please, please...do nae leave me." She pressed his hand to her lips and kissed it softly. "I am here, m'love."

Her touch always made him feel alive, more alive than ever before and this was no exception. His eyes flickered at her touch and the darkness began to drift away but he was still very deep in the healing unconsciousness.

Ashly's eyes went to Fiona then back to Caille. A knit in her brow. Caille seemed calm enough but for how long? She noticed the response by Mel and moved closer to assess him but not pushing Caille away from him. Obviously her touch was good for his healing. "M'Queen, I dae believe 'e can 'ear ye and I dare say 'e will probably be talkin' back tae ye by the sun's set."

"I pray it so, Ashly."

A deep gasp as he tried to take another breath, he moaned but did not awaken.

Esme smiles to the Queen, "Aye Majesty, he can hear ye an' will respond."

"Ye must fight this ........illness," suddenly realizing she was not sure what was ailing him, she looked to the healers.

Ash checked the pulse and the heart beat, for fever, then needing to check the wound but not wishing the queen to see she turned back to her. "Caille, 'e will be fine boot what aboot ye? Dae ye feel well?"

Sabine takes Caille's hand, slipping an arm around her smiling softly at her. "I feel quite strange, Ashly. My head, my neck an' jaw pain me badly. Was there an attack on th' Castle? Why was I restrained? Who is responsible for this?"

She cocked her head to the side as she looked to Caille. "Dae ye remember anna thin' at all from last moon?"

She stared blankly at the Duchess. "Remember? I remember nothing."

Sabine looks to Ashly, letting her tell Caille what has happened.
Unsure of the queen's disposition and the changes she had seen, she thought it best not to reveal the situation just yet.

"We be nae sure exactly m'queen. It seems an attack was indeed made boot exactly what 'appened be still undetermined."

"I woke this morn restrained wi' blood everywhere! I knew I ha' tae see my husband immediately!" She turned back to Mel. "Darling, do nae leave me. Ye must recover. Ye must!"

"We arrived to find you hysterical and screaming...Ye were restrained fer ye were quite crazy wit' grief fer Mel...ummm...'is majesty. We could nae calm ye down sae the order was given tae restrain ye. T'was fer ye own good."

Her brows knit as she turned back to Ashly. "There is more tae this than ye are telling me. Sabine? Wha' do ye know o' it?"

"Caille, 'e will nae die. Tis nae 'is time. It will just take some time fer 'im tae 'eal and tae come back tae us."

He shows signs of trying to move, still quite unconscious but moving none the less. His eyes flicker again, his hand clenches.

"Aye Caille...we needed tae let the healers see tae his Majesty . All I know is what I saw when I arrived...as tae what actually happened I dae nae really know."

"There must be something ye can do tae speed his recovery!", panic beginning to set in. She squeezed his hand as tightly as she dared. "I love ye, Meldrum...wi' all my heart an' soul."

Ashly's eyes caught his movement and the Queen seemed to be getting upset over again. She wondered if guards were still just outside the door. "Aye Caille, sit wit' 'im. Encourage 'im. Tis what 'e needs." Ashly looked to Sabine then to Esmelda then back to the Queen.

"A' th' guards know nothing either?? I find this hard tae believe." She was beginning to become agitated.

He took another deep breath and the pain was evident on his face.

Esme and Sabine look to Ashly their eyes questioning as to who should tell her.

"Caille, I shall tell ye all we kin boot first let us give the King somethin' fer the pain 'e might awake tae, Aye?" She was stalling for time.

"My Beloved...I am here wi' ye an' shall nae leave yer side until ye are well again. Be strong, my love. Fight this, please!"

Ashly looked to Esmelda and nodded letting her know that the King would need the mild potion to ease the pain then gently took the Queen's arm. "Come wit' me Caille and we shall talk." She was trying to ease her away from the bed, and from the King.

Esme reaches to take the King's hand, as she does the emeralds about her neck begin to glow with a soft green light that moves down her arms to her fingers then flows thru the King's body soothing his pain.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

His eyes flicker once again as he feels the healing touch, then open slightly and he whispers softly, "C.. c.. Caillie?"

Ashly's eyes go quickly to the king.

"Majesty, let Esme ease his pain then you may return to his side."

"Meldrum!," she nearly fell upon his body. "Meldrum, tis me....Caillie"
She leaned close to hear his whisper.
Sabine grabs for Caillie to prevent her from falling on the King's chest. Caillie wrenched her arm from Sabine. "I must stay wi' him!"

Issotta arrived and was watching quietly from the doorway a moment.
Ashly turned to her and nodded in reverence then moved her direction. "The Queen kins nae what 'as 'appened. The King just now comin' back tae us."

Raising her brows at Ashly, "She remembers nothing?"

She shook her head lightly. "Tis amazin'"

Sabine glances toward the door as well, smiles offering the Lady a respectful nod of her head."Aye that it is.. Caille, come. Issotta is here tae see ye, let us go an' talk while Esme makes him comfortable"

He tried to lift his hand to her hair, touching the side of her cheek instead. "Caillie m'love," he said in a hoarse voice. He winced in pain from her lying on his chest.

"Dear Goddess," she spoke with relief and tears filled her eyes. "Ye must get well, my love. She pulled away. " Wha' is wrong wi' him?" seeing his pain at her touch.

"Caillean...." said softly. He could only see through fuzzy eyes, but he knew it was her. In a whisper the question was asked, "Caillie, why did ye stab me, love?"

She reached for the coverlet and pulled it down slowly. A blood soaked nightshirt glared back at her. "Darling...ye are delirious."

Going to Meldrum's side silently, across from Caillean, Esme freezes, but continues to hold the king's hand in hers.

Ashly came back across the room as she realized that the King must have said something for now Caille was looking at the wound.

"Sister! Thank th' Goddess ye are here!" Her face pale.

Sabine keeps an arm about Caille's shoulders to steady her.

He slipped back into the darkness.

"Issotta...wha' has happened? If ye know, ye must tell me!" Her voice was rising.

"I do know, Caillie and we will talk about it," taking her hand across Mel's form.

Ashly moved quickly to the door and opened it quietly. She stepped out of sight for a few seconds then returned. As she did, two guards followed her in and were instructed to hold their ground just inside the door. Then she returned to the King's bed and beside Caille.

"Ye are hurt as well!" She noticed the bandage on her Sister's arm.

" I had a small injury, yes, dear. Caillie, sweet, do you remember when I came to visit you yesterday?"

Her hands went to her temples as she struggled to think. "Aye...I think so. Did we nae ha' tea?"

"You know how people have been telling you that you are unwell."

Her shoulders stiffened as she listened. "Bu' I am well."

"We did have tea, yes" she smiled "I am going to give you my honest and truthful opinion, Caillie, because you have asked it. You have "lost time"...things happen that you do not remember. And during some of that lost time, Meldrum and I were injured," taking Caillie's hand and showing her her own cuts, "and so were you."

The three women had an odd look to their faces. "We were attacked yet I remember nothing???!"

"There is some kind of being that is troubling this kingdom. And Caillie....the being is using you. It takes up residence in your thoughts. It moves your body and uses your words to speak."

She leaned into Sabine as the words struck her as hard as any blow.

Ashly then moved to the other side of the bed for a better view of the Queen's face. She stood beside Issotta as she checked once again the pulse and heart, eyes and then began to check the wound upon the King. This to avoid the eyes of her Queen and to insure the health of the King.

Esme watches the Queen closely, her sixth sense telling her something vile in this room, but what?

"Caillean, you must be brave when I tell you this", gently, "the Being used your body to hurt Meldrum."

"Using me? Surely ye are mistaken, Dear Sister."

"Your hand was cut in the process as was my arm."

Caillie blanched and wavered. Her legs suddenly refused to hold her weight. "No! No!! Ye lie!"

Ashly quickly looked to Caille seeing that Sabine and Esmelda steady her. Sabine tightens her grip to steady Caillie and keep her standing. "Come an' sit Caillie..."

"I have never lied to you once dear and I am not lying now..... It is not your fault, Caillean. You are innocent."

Sabine stuggling to support Caillie's weight, a nod to one of the guards to help her get the Queen to a chair.

The sensations around her were too much to absorb. She dared not let go of her husband's hand. "Meldrum........", her voice faded as she fell into a heap and all went dark.

Ashly's heart was hurting for her queen but she did not show it in her face. She could feel Mel's pulse pick up just slightly. The guard moves quickly to help guide the Queen to a chair, Sabine gently loosening Caillie's grip.

Groaning, "She's lost her senses......Watch her when she awakens."

"Aye Issotta, we shall indeed. I fear the evil be stronger when she is yet weakened."

Poor lamb..." looking upset, "I hate to see her bound but I have seen that thing that takes her myself and it makes her a wild thing."

"Lady Issotta?"

"Yes, Esme?"

"Ye sense it tae then?" Esme looks at Issotta.

"I do," nodding, "I know better this time and have protected myself but it made me very angry and violent...when last I was with Caillie."

"Tis vile an' pure evil. Dae ye know what can be done tae rid the Queen an' the others of this thing?"

"It is a great mercy to us all that she does not remember the horror of the incident."

Ashly had figured it out only just before she had been summoned so the look of surprise was absent from her face, but worry very evident. "We shall see this through"

" I am enlisting the aid of Lady Kate Evermore and have called upon Bry Helgraz. The thing in her is not familiar to me, but Caillie's spirit is. I can hold onto it with the other women...if Helgraz can pull the other being out of her."

"I will dae anything I can tae help, should ye have need"

"I need more time ::softly:: and I thank you in advance for your help. I think we will all need it. If you lose the King, I think Caillie will not have the will to return to us," giving a sad look to Cailie.

Ashly, satisfied that the King was sleeping peacefully moved to the Queen and felt her pulse. Then looked to the others. "We shall nae lose 'im. 'e will live." She tried to sound as convincing as she could...for herself as much as the rest.

"I understand that the liche has some aversion to holy water? It is not in my realm of knowledge...but something to ask around about."

Caillie's eyelids began to flutter. She was aware of voices around her. She thought to herself that their efforts would all be in vain. She must follow the pleas of the true Goddess. She decided to keep her thoughts to herself. Let them plot and fret as well they should!

Going to kiss Caillie on the head. "Perhaps she should go to bed. I hate to say it...it is awful...but when she wakes she may not be herself again."

"Esmelda...see tae it that the guards assist the Queen to her bed and stay wit' 'er, aye? If needed, her restraints are tae be replaced. Caillie?" seeing her begin to stir.

Going to trace a little sigil of blessing on Meldrum's brow. " Live, Meldrum King....." Having a look over at Caillie and getting that familiar feeling again and a look of dread on her face.

He knew Issotta had placed something of a blessing upon him and he felt connected again with the Isle.

"Lady o' the Lake, will ye join me outside fer a word?"

She whispered once outside the room. "Issotta, 'ow quickly will ye be ready fer I fear 'er Majesty shall only worsen wit' this evil within 'er. She is weak" pulling the door closed behind them.

" I will hurry. I won't lie to you dear....a liche is not my realm of knowledge. Kate is even now trying to find more pagan women to assist in the circle. Helgraz is helping too...he knows more about the liche than I do."

Sabine nods to the guard to help her get the Queen into her private bedchamber. The maids had slipped in and cleaned and straightened the Queen's room, so Sabine manages to get Caillie to lie down and sits on the bed beside her till she falls asleep. The guard goes to stand by the door just inside the Queen's room.

"Aye, tis quite the dilemma. I be nae o' the same boot ifn' I kin 'elp ye in anna way. I shall stand near tae see tae Caille once this demon is drawn out."

"Thank you. Now...I must go for a time. Call me if there are any changes?"

"Fair paths m'sister and I shall." She turned and reentered the King's chamber to sit with him and keep watch.

Looking very anxious as the Mistress of Healers returned to the chamber, Issotta whispered, "Goddess help us....." and made her way down to the library for research.

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 pm

DrachenFyre stared at the missive, taking his own quill into hand to pen a reply. However, another missive was delivered to him. He scratched his chin. Something was amiss in Solurius...

"Lord Aiden,

You have my support.

DrachenFyre"

DrachenFyre stood up from his seat, sending the missive via a minidragon. Holding out a hand, he summoned a portion of his power. "Es Necropolin, El Thomen."

The energy surrounded him and he teleported to an area near the dragon pens. Almost immediately, the dragons woke up, letting out a roar of greeting to their Prince. He smiled, ruefully.

"We have a job to do, my friends," he said.

He undid the mystical locks on several of the airborne-capable dragons. Drach leapt into the air, landing on the head of Windstriker, a highly-muscled blue-scaled dragon who released a roar.

"To air!"

Two dozen dragons, multicolored and sharp-eyed, lifted into the air behind Drach. Holding open his palm, he parted the Mists and departed Avalon. If the missive was correct, they should head to the coasts.

Drach mentally directed them to other places for patrol whilst taking four more with him as he followed his own leads.

Caillean lay silently in her bed. There was no need for restraints, she had not the urge to move. The horror of what Issotta had told her replayed over and over in her mind. SHE had tried to kill her beloved! Her Sister had tried to explain that her mind had been taken over by some evil force but it mattered not. To have attacked her Sister in Spirit and to try to end the life of the man she adored left her without the will to live.

She looked over at Sabine, asleep in the chair near the hearth...so trusting...so loyal. The worry was still etched in her face as she slept. The Duchess had been unable to persuade the Queen to eat or drink that day.

It seemed there were no more tears left to be shed. She was forced to lie there in silence. Meldrum would never understand. He was tolerant of her beliefs yet once he learned her mind had been at the mercy of another, he may suspect the Goddess. She could not allow this to happen. Yet, the day had passed uneventfully, of that she was certain. Another sleepless night was ahead of her. Another series of hours leaving her afraid to move, afraid to be left alone. Her eyes wandered to the flames of the ebbing fire. And then.........the pounding in her head began

Sabine opened her eyes as dark began to fall, she had been napping, but always knew when dusk arrived. She sat there watching Caillie where she lay on her bed, knowing that her friend was heartbroken and crushed over what she had learned.

She had hardly left Caillie's side since that night, unwilling to leave her alone. The nights were the worse, for it was during this time that Sabine felt the most uneasy. She could not forget those piercing evil red eyes from the night of the Masque. The same red eyes she had glimpsed in Caillie's eyes.

Sabine had not seen Aiden and Eoin in several days nor had she seen Chrum since her return; but Sabine had fully come to realize the evil both Chrum and Garth spoke of and feared. She was glad that their families were safe far from here, with Garth to protect them. However she did not know who to speak to about her own fears so for now would keep them to herself. All Sabine knew was that she was not going to leave Caillie and would do all in her power to keep her friend and queen safe.

~~~~~~~~~

Now it was dark, the witching hour according to some, the hour when strange events take place. Sabine sat in her chair beside Callie's bed, worried as she was unable to get Callie to take any nourshment again tonight. She knew that there would be no forcing her to eat, not now. As Sabine sat and watched over Callie, she sensed a change something that she could not define, yet something that definitely made her very uneasy. Sabine's eyes never left Callie, and so it was with worry and concern that she noticed the change in her, as if something was trying intrude upon Callie, trying to make ITS presence known. Sabine didn't know what she could do, she only knew that some how she would protect Callie even if it cost her everything

Caillie lay very, very still as the pounding in her head started. IF it was true...that someone or something was trying to control her, she was determined to fight with all her might! She could not have a fiercer hatred for this liche. It had dragged her to the lowest ebb of her life with the attempt to kill the man she loved more than life itself. Although she had no recollection of the event nor her attack on Issotta, she could not doubt their words.

She closed her eyes tightly and called out to Sabine. "Help me!"

Sabine opened her eyes immediately at the sound of Caille's voice calling her name. At once she was out of the chair, and at Caille's side. Reaching to take her hand, sitting on the bed to slip an arm around Caille. "I am here Caille, tell me what is wrong, what is bothering you?" It was evident that something was causing Caille pain.

Sabine did not know what to do other than hold Caille tightly, speaking soothingly to her hopefully to keep Caille focused on the present. What ever this thing was that held Caille in its grip had to be defeated, had to be driven out. All Sabine knew at this point was that she had to do everything in her power to keep Caille safe, so she sat holding her and speaking softly.

"Caille, I am here, you are safe and we will defeat this thing that seeks to hold you. You can fight this, for you are strong, a formidable woman ."

Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Mel had lay in his chambers, he had been unconscious for days while the healing took hold. He awoke to see Ashly next to him, she was asleep but he could see the weariness on her face. Even tho she had obviously given him something for the pain, he winced each time he moved, especially to sit up.

Finally he had gotten himself to a sitting position on the side of the bed. His head was spinning and he felt weak but he was up and looking around. Caillie wasn't in the room and guards were standing between his door and her's. He was still in a fog but knew he had to get back on his feet sometime so why not now?

He carefully put a foot to the cold floor and a shiver ran up his spine. It was more than the cold of the floor that hit him. A sense that he'd lost everything just overwhelmed him. The second foot landed gently and he strived to push himself from the bed. His legs were weak, under him and he sat back down. "Must have lost more blood th'n I thought", he muttered. Then Ashly stirred.

Ashly was deep in sleep but a groan pulled her from it's depths. She had fallen asleep in the chair at the King's side. He had been very slow to recover and it bothered Ashly gravely. She wanted so badly to use the elements and give him strength for the recovery but she had to be patient. He was a strong man.
As she opened her eyes with a flutter, she did indeed have a surprise awaiting her. The King was sitting on the side of the bed. He seemed to breathing a little fast and she deduced that he had probably tried standing. She was up in a flash or as much of a flash as a woman of over 7 1/2 months pregnant can.

She quickly moved around the bed t'wards the King. "M'Liege, please, let me 'elp ye. I will nae 'avin' ye rush things and fall and then be back in the sick bed fer another week." She moved to place her hand to neck to check on the rate of his heart, then smiled to him. She could see the worry upon his now color returning face and knew his drive was to see Caille. "Ifn' ye will let me check ye o'er first and allow me tae 'elp ye take yer first steps, then I shall see tae it that ye see yer queen this day, eh?" She urged him to lay back in the bed for another examination hoping he would know that it was not really an option but not wanting to sound too bossy with him.......

Meldrum growled as the progress he'd made getting UP seemed to ebb as Ashly insisted he lie back down. He did capitulate, however and with some exertion was able to put his head to pillow. He refused to give in to the pain tho. Ashly didn't need to be using elements in her condition just to help a perfectly healthy man feel better. His grimace told her he was still in pain but he would NOT allow her to use elementals on him. "Ye make it sae I c'n see th' Queen, lass. 'Tis all I ask. She needs me right now!"

Having spent time speaking with other wise ones; Helgraz, Ashly, Katie, Esmelda and others, Issotta knew what needed to be done. She heard that the Queen was very weak now, accepting little nourishment and lying without any brightness in her eyes except the occasional red glow of what held sway over her sanity from moment to moment.

The moon tide was not optimal for the work but it had to be done. Caillie's will seemed to be faltering and the strength appeared to be leaving the Queen's slender body. Issotta secluded herself in her suite, preparing herself mentally and spiritually for the battle that would come. And a battle it will be.....

Lucky, she thought, that she had brought the heavy ritual sword with her. She had gathered it and a few other things, having thought to celebrate the year's end harvest in the old way. Yet, her entire focus had been spent on Caillean, and the horror unfolding here. She went to the sword and lifted it aloft, the fire shining on its blade. She lay it upon the stones before the great hearth in her chamber. Other things she brought too, cleansing the weapon, blessing it anew with salts of the sea and the crushed meats of acorns, with blessed water, the smoke of herbs and some of her own blood which she took from her arm carefully, binding the small wound with salve. Burying the blade for a few moments in the coals of the fire, she then withdrew it to cool and went to prepare her own body for the work.

Before she closed herself off to total isolation, she ordered bread and water only, and sent word to Caillean's women of how to have the Queen prepare herself for what would come with ritual bathing and raiment. She gave detailed instruction, knowing that the Queen's ladies were of great skill and could help their dear one prepare. Then, Issotta shut the door on the world, that no sun might touch her again until Caillean was whole.

Back to top Go down
xvxLiliaxvx
Newb
xvxLiliaxvx

Occupation/Titles : Mistress of the Hokey Pokey
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbWed Jun 17, 2009 11:26 pm

(( You post a metric ton of updates, a lot to read in one sitting.. And yet I still find myself getting to the bottom of the page and grumping to myself, "That's all?! Way to leave me hanging, Karen!" Its probably not a great thing when you refresh as often as you can and try to read it on your CELL PHONE because you so want to read the next part and aren't home to do it. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/xvxliliaxvx/
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbThu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am

Knowing that Sabine would never go against her wishes, she remained silent for several minutes as she formulated her plan. She chose her words carefully...then spoke in very matter-of-fact tones.

"Help me to sit, please." The pounding in her head continued. She had spent the night vascillating between lucid moments and those filled with the voice of the 'true goddess'. The battle that waged in her head had left her shaken and defeated. She trusted not the most simple thought... for she knew not if it was her own.

"I ha' made my decision." Sabine had never heard her voice take such a eerie tone. "Do nae speak until I ha' finished." She put a staying hand on Sabine's arm. "I wish tae die," she spoke simply. "I wish nae tae continue th' fight for possession o' my mind." She ignored Sabine's audible gasp and widened eyes. Again, she made eye contact with the Duchess reminding her of her demand for silence. "Tis best for all. Th' King, my beloved, will ne'er look at me again in adoration." Her voice quivered as she struggled to continue without emotion[/size]
[size=16]. "No longer will he feel his partner in life tae be his soul mate. It is impossible for me tae restore his faith in me an' I cannae an' will nae live without his complete love and trust. My children fear me an' I see th' question o' loyalty in th' eyes o' those I hold so dear...our subjects. Tae ha' offended th' Goddess I hold most dear...an' my Sister in Spirit only compounds th' continuation o' my life. Therefore, I command ye tae inquire o' an' obtain th' most deadly poison known. I wish it tae be swift an' sure. In this, I cannae fail."

She inhaled as another pain stabbed through her temples. Slowly exhaling, she closed her eyes for she wished not to see the horror that must be etched on the face of her First Lady.

"Speak not...an' be gone." The words were hissed between clenched teeth as she lay back on her bed.

Aly had been sitting in her Navel office. She inherited it from whoever had it last as Admiral. There was a stack of papers on her desk that had piled up while she had been incapacitated, so she day by day was getting through them. She had gotten a report earlier on her fleet and that the patrols were being steadfast in their orders to surround the Kingdom, letting no ship in or out.

She was finishing her own report, when a guard came rushing in, giving a quick salute, looking like he had run here from somewhere. " 'T ease lad. Wha' sit?"

The guard took a deep breath, before speaking. He was one she recognized as being one of the guards that kept vigil over Caillie since the incident. "I was standing guard outside the Queens chamber as I have been since Lord Aiden put me there, when I heard voices. The door was open just a bit and I could hear the Queen speaking to Lady Sabine." Thomas took another breath. "I was not trying to eavesdrop, but one hears many things when one guards Nobility…" Aly held up her hand to stop him. "Thomas yeer record is exemplary, no one coold question tha', but please lad, get ta th' point." He nodded and then began again. "The Queen told Lady Sabine to get her poison, as she did not want to live knowing that her husband would never look upon her the same way again. She said that he would never trust her. Laird Aiden said that if I saw or heard something untoward I was to come and tell you immediately."

Aly blinked and came around the desk. "Gods bluid! Wha' next?" She was coming around Thomas as she spoke. "Thomas ye needs find Lady Aislin', an' Lady Issotta. Tell them I need ta meet wi' them 't th' Queens Hall." Thomas nodded then saluted Aly again, then off he went to do her bidding.

Aly was weary, but she was holding on all right thanks be to Ares and Artemis. She hurried from the office, swung up on Lachlan and took off bent for leather to the main Castle and the Queen, hoping she and the others could figure this out and keep their Queen from doing serious harm to herself.

It didn't take long before Aly was inside the castle and taking the steps two at a time, reaching the Queens Hall. She would await Ashley and Issotta there, and time would be of the essence.

Well, Sabine was totally taken back not to mention speechless at Caillie's request. Poison! She just could not believe that Caillie would even contemplate such a thing in her right mind, and at the moment she seemed very lucid despite the harshness in her voice.

"Very well Caille, I will see what I can dae an' return as quick as I can." With that said, Sabine slipped out in the hall where she spoke to the guards telling them to let none and she mean NONE enter till she herself returned. Sabine then turned heading down the hall toward the stairs where she encountered one of Issotta's ladies who handed her a missive from the Lady of the Lake.

Sabine opened the missive and read Issotta's instructions on how Caillie was to be prepared for the ritual. After reading the missive, a plan begins to form in her mind, a plan that just might work. As she continues to work things out in her own mind, Sabine descends the stairs heading directly to her office. Once there she takes a seat at her desk where she quickly pens missives to Issotta, Ashly and Aly detailing what Caillie was demanding, and that she had a plan that might fool her until the ritual can be performed. The missives complete she seals them and calls for Geoffry to find pages to take the missives to the three women immediately.

Sabine herself when in search of Esme to request any bitter herb that would really help Caillie relax enough to not realize that she has not actually drank poison. Sabine had decided to explain to Caillie the ritual preparation and that it would be necessary prior to taking the poison as well. Well, hope and prayer would certainly be necessary to make all of this come together.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbThu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 am

Even as Issotta prepared in her way, Helgraz was busy in his. In the lowest chamber of Blackstone Tower, he moved from station to station, here bubbling alembics being prepared and monitored by unseen servant dweomers until needed, there excruciatingly sensitive scales and fine weights were being used to measure out powders and tinctures to the grain and to the pindrop.

His gnarled crookshank halfstave lay pinioned in a groove of a pale silvery metal. Above, molten silver bubbled very slowly, awaiting the addition of certain crucial ingrediants before being applied.

With a wand of polished bony and ebony, he began weaving the enchantments together, one into the next. Pale purple-green radiance began to hang in the air, thence to fall like snowflakes which would pass into the floor and vanish, the accumulation of stray motes of magical energy from the many spells being woven in the chamber.

His free hand picked up the first bowl, and he poured half of its contents into a flask, before returning it for further distilling of the essences contained within. Cinnamon, thyme and rose oils and water filtered and reboiled forty times to remove impurities formed the base of the concoction, and to these secret ingrediants of dubious origin had been added.

Taking the flask he had filled, he attached it to the end of a glass tube with a vise clamp, letting the fluid decant through the labyrinth of curves, necks and L bends, through a vaguely hourglass shaped container and thence into a final resevoir which sat above the vat of molten silver.

Three granules of lead, three of gold, a pindrop of mercury added to the powder from a ha-penny sized diamond. This added to the molten silver, stirred with a crystal rod while he murmured incantations of abjuration and obscurement. While he stirred, he opened the resevoir, letting the oil mix with the silver, whereupon it spread through the mixture like the roots of a tiny black tree.

He turned a tiny knob at the base of the vat holding the molten silver. A tiny hole opened, and a drop emerged, beginning to slide down a cord so thin that it could only be seen by the sheen the metal left on it in passing. He turned the knob a second notch, and the molten metal began to flow down the cord which angled downward and wove through tiny holes in the staff, ending in a small plug that had been drilled into the side of it. Here, the silver poured in, drop by drop, having lost much of its heat just in coming this far. Drop by drop it filled the hollow core of the stave with the alchemical creation. The purity of gold, the impenetrable barrier of lead, mind altering quicksilver, within the rigid strength of diamonds. The attributes without reflect the powers within. And all of this anoited in thyme, rose and cinnamon. The root fibers of a single mandrake plant, unbroken, lay to the side. As the last of the mixture in its base of moon-blessed silver trickled into the staff, he picked up the root fibers and used them to form the plug.

He turned back to the other half of the mixture which had been distilling; this he poured into a half full bottle of appleblossom wine. A single fingerlength of sandalwood had been cut earlier and fitted as the bottle's cork. Taking the bottle sealed thus, he placed it in a bucket of ice, and a second bucket atop. Later, when the water in the solution had frozen out, he would extract it, leaving the balance of the mixture, and adding more appleblossom wine to fill the balance of the bottle. It would not affect the elixir within.

When it was finally done, he took the winebottle and the stave, now rather heavier for its new core, and went to find Issotta once more.

After an unexpectedly busy evening, and a night on the not-so-bad-once-you're-used-to-it couch in her office, and Katie was tired and a little dispirited. So much was happening around her, she was starting to feel the strain, just a little. She could not even begin to imagine how everyone else was responding to the stress.[

And there was more to come, so she would need to be ready whenever Issotta needed her. It was a time to be The Bard, more than musician or entertainer, beyond what she had let anyone except the Lady see of her true self.

It was time to prepare. She called the girl from the kitchen to the door and gave her a few, brief instructions.

"Prepare the bathing room for me. The bath should be hot, infused with lavendar and mint. Cleanse the room itself the way your mother taught you. Then see to your own dinner and a rest from the work of the day." Although her expression was neutral, and her words brooked no disagreement, her tone was encouraging and trusting. The child was young, but had grown up in the 'old ways'. She knew what to do with those instructions.

"Yes Lady." She left the room without another word and Katie turned back to her room.

Silently, she went to the wardrobe in her bedroom, shifting the clothes to one side, reaching into the back to pull out a cloth draped hangar. Softly shutting the wardrobe door again, she slipped out into the well-lit office, held up the hanger, and inspected the clothing thoroughly.

It was not the traditional robe of a Priestess. Rather it was a close-cut shirt, with matching breeches, loose enough for movement, but without any excess or to get in her way. The sleeves were fitted to her arms to the wrist, the legs of her pants tucked into her boots tightly.

In its own way it resembled the wrapped garb of those mystical warriors in the far east, except it was a stark, unadorned midnight blue silk. Soft, comfortable and magically insulating. It was its own armor, offering some protection from arcane assaults, without hindering her own work. No need for a belt, her only accessory would be the scrap of leather tying her hair back.

Stepping out of the office, she shut the door quietly and headed upstairs to the bath. Once she was clean and cleansed, she would dress and go to her grove of young trees outside.

And then she would ground herself, build her energy, and pray to the Goddess that they might all get through this intact.
Back to top Go down
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 IconbThu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 am

Caillie stared out the window, her breath leaving a slight frost on the pane as she waited for Sabine. She took her index finger and drew a small heart wondering if Meldrum would see it one day and realize her love for him. She drew two smaller hearts and put the initals of her children in them. Would they ever forgive her?

Sabine had managed to find Esme and gotten a packet of ground herbs that hopefully would pass for poison and fool Caillie. Reaching the door into Caillie's private chambers she pauses with her hand on the knob to take a deep breath, saying a quick prayer that this was going to work. She opens the door and slips inside, closing the door behind her. "Caillie, are you not cold?" Noticing her standing at the window.

"Wha' is cold when one faces death?," she whispered then spun quickly as Sabine entered. "Were ye successful?"

Sabine goes to put an arm around her dearest friend. "Aye I was, but there are some things we need to do first."

"I wish nae tae delay, Sabine" pulling away slightly. "Do it now."

"No, if you are determined to do this, then we will do it the way it was suggested to me to make the poison work efficiently and quickly."

The pain was becoming intolerable. She wished the end to be swift and soon. However, she was forced to laugh. "Wha' could be necessary other than th' ingesting?"

There was a knock at the door. Sabine turned and went to open the door, taking the tray from the maid, then shutting the door again. Turns to look at Caillie. "do you want this to work?"

Her eyes became mere slits and her voice a hiss. "Stupid Wench. I refuse tae answer tha'."

Carries the tray to a table by one of chairs. "Fine, then do not look for me to help you, if you are not willing to follow the procedure I was told to follow." With that, she turns and starts toward the door.

" I ha' commanded ye!" she screamed. "Wench! Do wha' must be done."

Sabine glances back at her when she reaches the door and stands looking at Caillie. "You are agreeing to do as I say? To prepare you for your chosen path?"

"It is th' path tae death, is it nae?" she queried.

"Aye" Her normally soft voice having a ring of steel to it.

"Then so be it."

"Very well, sit and eat what has been prepared for you there on that tray. I have also called for hot water so that you may purify yourself with a bath." Looking at Caillie, her voice and facial expression brooking no argument at this point.

Suddenly she became weak in the knees and grabbed for the arm of the chair. "Ye must hurry." She looked up at Sabine with tears in her eyes. "Aye."

Seeing the change, Sabine goes to help Caillie to sit in the chair. "Now eat!"

She sat and picked at the food, stirring it around on the plate, taking as little as she could into her system. "Sabine?", she looked up at her First Lady.

"You will need to have a full stomach for the poison to work quickly, so you finish what is there. Aye?"

"I ha' left a letter for th' King. Tis on my dressing table." She forced another mouthful or two as she tried desperately not to gag. "I cannae eat more." She pushed the plate aside.

"I will certainly see that it is given to him." Watching Caillie out of the corner of her eye, she moves about the chamber, getting the tub ready, adding a mixture of herbs before the hot water arrives so that they will dissolve well.

Caillie melted into tears, her sobs wracking her petite form.

Looks over at the tray, then looks at her friend. "Caillie" softly going to kneel beside her chair, taking her in her arms.

Words would not come as she held Sabine tightly.

Lightly stroking Caillie's head, Sabine's heart breaking within her own chest to see Caillie like this.

"My life is over, Dearest, " she sobbed. "An' I leave it without th' kiss o' my beloved."

Sabine just continues to hold Caillie, her eyes closed in prayer. "Caillie, the King loves you with all his heart and soul...can you nae continue tae fight this? Trust Issotta to find a way to help you?" Another knock on the door, the door opens by one of the maids with the water for the bath. Sabine nods to her for the girls to fill it quickly and then leave.

At the mention of Issotta, her voice turns to a hiss. "Do wha' ye must...an' now!"

Looks at Caillie and hears the change in her voice. Sabine had managed to mention the wrong person, so she stood trying to steel herself once more. "Your bath is ready, you need to purify yourself...I will help you disrobe then into the tub."

Caillie tilted her head back and let out a racious cackle. "Purification??"
She stood slowly and unbuttoned her chemise, allowing it to pool at the bottom of her feet as she stood naked and unashamed.

Her own voice cool and steely. "Aye...to meet your Goddess, you can nae enter her presence without doing so."

"Th' TRUE Goddess cares nae whether my soul is ready or nae. She will receive me as I am...for in her, I am divine."

Guides Caillie to the tub and helps her in, then goes and places a large towel by the hearth to warm, then she went to get one of Caillie's gowns, one in a soft green. "Caillie you will do this or I will nae be a part of what you are going to dae...An' if I go out of here, the poison will go with me."

"She has great plans for me once we are together. Wait an' see, Wench. This foul Kingdom will rot in Hell before another moon rises." She stepped into the water, feeling the shivers run the length of her spine.

"Fine! Apparently you have all of this thought out and planned and have nae need for me and what I can supply."

"I need ye only tae administer th' poison properly. If it makes ye feel superior tae laud over me your silly rites, do so...bu' wi' haste."

Stands watching Caillie get into the tub, so far so good...please Dear God let this work. "Bathe, then and try to relax and think of what you and your Goddess have planned, but just remember this, you fight me on the least little thing, I leave and the poison goes with me, is that understood?"

She eased into the soothing water and closed her eyes."Sabine?", she looked up quickly. "Try nae tae be annoyed wi' me. Ye o' all people I trust know tha' life could ne'er be wha' I wish after this. Come, sit wi' me, Dear One. Ha' faith tha' th' Goddess will welcome me into Her arms an' allow me tae
do Her work in another form."

Having laid out the gown, Sabine goes to stand facing the flickering flames in the hearth. Face pale and drawn, dark circles under her eyes from stress and lack of sound sleep. She slowly turns, then goes to sit on a chair by the tub. "I understand Caillie, but it is important that this is done properly."

She watched Sabine's back as she stared into the flames then turned towards her. "Let us pray together, love...for happier times."

"Aye.." whispers softly, "Happier times"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whispers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers   Whispers - Page 2 Iconb

Back to top Go down

Whispers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next