Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Information and orders IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Information and orders IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Information and orders IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Information and orders IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Information and orders IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Information and orders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Hans
Newb

Occupation/Titles : Commander - Arch Angels
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Information and orders Empty
PostSubject: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbFri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 am

::The large knight had riden hard to make it to Lord Darkrose's shop. He had heard rumors about some type of oil that let soldiers practice with actual weapons and not the practice blades that he had been used to. His mind was awork with possibilities as he dismounted and entered the shop. He did not really care for these types of shops or for works of magic, but the desired effect could not be achieved otherwise.::

Hello? Lord Darkrose, are you here?

::Thumbs hooked in his belt as he stood there waiting.::
Back to top Go down
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbSat Nov 14, 2009 1:03 am

Michael heard the man and popped his head out of the back. "Sir Hans? Is that you?... as it happens, I was picking up the work that Larenline had been taking for me while Meren was in labour. What can I do for you, good Knight? " Michael smiled widely and walked out to Hans, extending his hand in greetings.
Back to top Go down
Sir Hans
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbSat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 am

::He would shake the offered hand and took a moment to really study the man before him. He never really gave Michael much thought as most of their dealings had been during court. Banker, magician, businessman.::

::The practical side of his mind saw the man as the embodiment of the new enemy. After all, gunpowder seemed to be catching on in the kingdom, and with it the downfall of his old way. It also shifted the focus from large armied to the possiblility of smaller forces creating more turmoil.::

::However, he would dismiss these thoughts. After all, it was not appropriate to be so paranoid. Instead, he would offer a small smile if it could be seen beneath the heavy blonde beard and mustache.::

Let me begin with congradulating you on the birth of your child. I am afraid that rumors are slow to reach the field and I only know that you have had another child.

M'lord, I have heard rumors about some type of miracle oil you have developed. That it is placed upon a blade, rendering it harmless. I was hoping for a bit of a demonstration... ::A fluid movement would pull the dagger from his belt. A flick of the wrist and it spun in the air slightly so that he would catch the tip of blade with the handle facing Michael.:: and to answer a few questions.

Those questions being, how long does it last once applied? Is there any visual indication that it is on the blade? Does it merely protect against cutting and slashing or will it also prevent the bones from breaking with impact? If it guards against breaking bones, then can it only be applied to metal or does it apply to any surface?

Forgive me if I seem to be probing far into your creation, however, I must completely understand the capabilities and limitations of this oil before I will consider its use.
Back to top Go down
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbSat Nov 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Michael - who coincidently shared Hans' trepidation on the gunpowder- smiled widely at the man, gratitude in his eyes. "Oh no... forgive you? I welcome such questions.. it shows true interest and a keen mind. Artifice is an art, after all. The Oil of Mercy.. ah yes.. Aly ordered some 20,000 vials a year of it.. I had to create a whole new distillation process just to accommodate it. As to your questions, they are indeed keen ones that show an analytical mind I can truly respect. Let me take them in turn. How long does it last? Sadly, at it's current strength it lasts about 10 minuets only." Michael took the proffered dagger and fished in his pouches for a vial of oil. " The sharp eyed may note the mildly golden hue of the oil upon the blade, but it is difficult. " He produced the vial, filled with a slightly viscous and honey colored fluid. " It will protect against broken bones unless you hit... inordinatly hard. Now.. incidentally, as I told Aly.. it doesn't make the blade TOTALLY harmless. You CAN kill with it.. it takes amazing effort though. You would first have to hit him enough times or in vital spots sufficient to render your target incapacitated and unconscious. From then, continued assaults would slowly build up damage sufficient to kill the target. It's rather like beating them to death with your bare hands though, doable yet a procedure of great rage and determination, not something a normal person could summon the will to accomplish. " As Michael spoke, he wiped the oil on the blade, his tone matter of fact as if discussing the weather. "It will go on any weapon, even improvised ones.. now... here's were magic gets.. odd in it's rules. If you apply it to an arrow.. only that arrow will be effected.. but if you apply it to the bow or crossbow... it will enhance all missiles so fired from it for the ten minuets. I don't know why... Sympathetic transfer, I suppose. Oh, and of course, if you like, it can be applied as a permanent enchantment. There are men and women who do not with to kill, but still wish to fight evil.. some are shire-reefs and bounty hunters who need their prey alive. I could tell you more, but that seems to cover your questions.. oh. " He said with a mild air as if half remembering an errand.. then with a lightning flash flick and lunge, he thrust the dagger into Hans's midsection to the hilt.. it would feel to Hans as if he had been punched hard, and he could *feel* the steel in his belly, and then sliding out at Michael removed it.. it hurt, but his clothing was intact and the blade unbloodied. The pain itself already becoming a dull ache. " you wanted a demonstration. There you are Sir Knight.. " Michael flipped the blade over and offered it back to Hans.
Back to top Go down
Sir Hans
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbSun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm

::He nodded slightly as he listened. An interesting product to say the least. The off handedly casual way in which Michael spoke also managed to lull him into a bit of a calmed state. He certainly was not expecting to be the object of the demonstration.::

::Reactions and instinct being what they are, when he felt the hilt of the blade, a hand came and gripped the hilt around Michael's, preventing any twisting motion. At the same time, his other large hand would engulf the other man's throat and pulled Michael towards him with a roaring laugh, blue eyes flashing.::

::It took the site of the unbloodied blade before Hans had calmed and let Michael go.:: Apologies M'lord. Some habits are hard to break. ::Taking back the knife, he pulled the blade down across his palm and shrugged.::

Ten minutes is too brief though, I am afraid. I thank you for the demonstration and your time M'lord. ::The large knight would bow his head and made his way from the store, tucking his dagger away as he left. Upon reaching the door, he paused with a hand on the handle.::

If it can be applied merely by placing it in some type of container and allowing the weapons to sit in the oil until used, then I will need enough for twenty barrels that are the about hip high. How long will it be expected to accomplish? And I am afraid that a late delivery would be disasterous to my thoughts and plans. As for the bill, I will take care of it as soon as my unit returns from the field unless you require payment sooner.
Back to top Go down
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbSun Nov 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Michael took the throat grasping and roar in good stead, coughing to clear off his throat. "No.. I kind of expected something like that. As for the oil.. you have two options. " Michael stepped back... heh.. at this rate, they'd both need healing potions. " I can make a longer lasting potions.. up to one hour. It will take a while to make and be expensive.. don't worry about the cost though if it's for the DMoS I can just bill Aly. But the delivery window you mentioned would be ... very tight indeed. Your other option would be.. well.. the barrels... look, gods above man, what exactly are you planning? If I knew the full details I could probably advise you better. " A soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Sir Hans
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbTue Nov 17, 2009 1:21 pm

::Turning from the door, he would lean against the frame as his arms crossed over his chest. He did, however, smile with a bit of a twinkle in his blue gaze.::

I prefer the rumors of my exploits and training techniques to be after I have accomplished them so that I can defend myself through the truth of what happened. Before hand it becomes more tricky.

Do not fear though. This will not be like the last time my unit returned from training. ::An interesting story to say the least if anyone remembered.:: But rumors being what they are...The next time I plan something like this, I will coordinate better with you. As for now, the ten minutes will be enough time.
Back to top Go down
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders IconbTue Nov 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Michael shrugged. "What you do with your units is your call. I merely attempt to aid. If ten minuets is enough time, then simply tell me how many vials you desire.. they're better in vials than in big wooden casks. I mean.. I can DO it in casks.. but they'll have to be sealed utterly until use..... preferably loaded with the weapons. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information and orders   Information and orders Iconb

Back to top Go down

Information and orders
Page 1 of 1