Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
All the Queen's Ladies IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
All the Queen's Ladies IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
All the Queen's Ladies IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
All the Queen's Ladies IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
All the Queen's Ladies IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

All the Queen's Ladies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luludja Lovari
Newb
Luludja Lovari

ME : A raven-haired beauty, it is a constant struggle to tame the wild, curling tresses, often drawn back by delicate silver combs when she attends to the court, and left free when she dons the traditional attire of her people, too proud of her favorite feature to modestly cover it. Her eyes are expressive, a constant betrayal of her passionate emotions, in a brilliant shade of emerald green. Olive skinned, fine boned, and petite, she rises only to a little more than five foot three, with a narrow waist, and subtle curves. Her right arm and shoulder are decorated in intricate floral tattooing, and she is almost always adorned with jewelry; from her golden nose ring, to copper bracelets, belled bangles and dangling earrings. For her own protection, she carries two daggers, their jeweled hilts tucked into her sashes, or depending from her narrow belt. Her attire varies, from layers of silken skirts and sashes, embroidered vests or soft linen blouses when she performs, to the more ornate gowns of a lady with satin slippers, but always she is accompanied by the silvery sound of tiny bells, sewn into the hems of her garments by her own hand, a chime of music in her every step.
Occupation/Titles : Division Leader of the Royal Order of Courtiers, First Lady to Her Majesty, Queen Caillean, Her Grace, Duchess Car Zenesa, Lady Luludja of the Lovari Vitsa
Humor : Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-02-05

All the Queen's Ladies Empty
PostSubject: All the Queen's Ladies   All the Queen's Ladies IconbWed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Last night found me run down with fatigue and chills, and though I hate to miss a court night, I'd had no choice but to take to my bed after ensuring the other ladies had seen to their Majesties chambers. Elizabeth, another lady in waiting to the Queen, fussed over me and insisted that she had things well in hand and I should be resting. I was feeling so ill that I could not argue. I don't remember ever feeling this way when I was carrying Baiat, perhaps this time it will be a girl?

Anyway, this morning I was feeling much more myself as I dressed and hurried to check in with the other ladies and make sure they were up and about their duties. The all smiled at me as I entered the hall, but not a one would meet my eyes. I remember glancing down at myself to see if I had missed something. Did I leave something untied? Had I put something on wrong? I even went to check my reflection in a window pane before I was satisfied that there was nothing in my hair and there was nothing out of place. I could feel eyes upon me, but I did my best to ignore it as I moved toward Elizabeth to check on the gown she was working on. We had cut all the fabric yesterday, and I watched momentarily her needle swiftly flashed through the layers of cloth as she sewed.

"This color will be so lovely on the Queen." I had remarked quietly, running my fingers lightly over the rich, royal blue brocade. "When it is finished, I will work on the embroidery around the bottom and the sleeves."

I intended to use an exquisite skein of spun silver that I had found in the market on the gown. When I am able, I think I will thread tiny seed beads upon the silver to accent the delicate design I have in mind. Anyway, I flipped through the cut fabric and began piecing some of the parts together carefully as I asked Elizabeth if there was anything I needed to know. When I glanced back at her, I saw how darkly she had begun to blush and I realized that I was definitely missing something. "Did something happen at court last night?" I asked her as I threaded my needle and began to assemble the parts of the first sleeve.

The first part of her response was not surprising, but the second left me staggered.

"Your husband was in attendance." Elizabeth had replied quietly, hardly able to look at me. "He was a little the worse for drink."

He was...drunk?" I asked. I couldn't believe it, Hans, my proper and upright knight, drunk...at court?! I saw a few of the ladies looking my way but when I turned to regard them, they hastily returned their eyes to their various tasks. I could only sit back in my chair, covering my eyes with my hand, as I fought with a welling of my emotions.

"Her Grace, the Admiral, exhorted him to go to you." Elizabeth whispered to me, as she leaned over her sewing, closer to me so her words would not be overheard. I lowered my hand then and resumed my sewing, pausing to glance over at two of the Maids of Honor attempting a few dance steps to the tune of a clumsily played harp. I just gave a small shake of my head and tried not to smile when they giggled and almost collapsed on each other. That brought to mind a thought that I would later act on, and it caused me to smile a little, though I know it was short lived. I could feel the tension returning to my face when I turned back to Elizabeth, telling her shortly. "He will not come." How I struggled to keep the pain I felt wrenching my heart from showing on my face as those words left my lips. I know that he will not come.

"Then perhaps, My Lady, you should go to him?" She suggested to me in a whisper.

I stabbed the needle so hard through the fabric that it pierced into my thumb, making me gasp, not so much in pain, but in shock. I carefully removed the sliver of metal from my finger and watched as a small drop of blood beaded on my skin. Unconsciously, I brought the tiny wound to my lips and sucked on it until the negligible bleeding had ceased. A pleasant side-effect of this little mishap was that Elizabeth dropped her line of question and it allowed my to return to my work and my own thoughts.

They do not understand. I cannot go to him. Not after what he said to me, after what I said to him. How can I explain that if I thought he would accept me, I would run to him this moment, begging his forgiveness. But I will not beg for the love of a man who is ashamed of me, of who I am. Even if it means that I go the rest of my days with my love for him locked within my breast.

I had shaken off my thoughts after a time and laid aside my sewing. I could not keep brooding over what could not be changed. I called for the attention of the ladies and addressed them then. "Ladies, perhaps this afternoon I will send for the Prince Zindelo and see if he will play for us while we work on the steps for the Lauro." They all seemed to brighten at the prospect of Delo paying them a visit to play while they learned the new dance, and I couldn't help but laugh faintly as I pointed to the two maids that had been attempting to practice. "Joan and Colette, you both need to work on your Volta del Gioioso! Practice that please, so you do not trip each other later, yes?"

The two girls had curtsied and grinned.
"Yes, M'Lady." They had both replied, almost in unison. I wondered again if they might be twins, though I know they are not even sisters. I left them then, to ensure the Queen's needs were seen to for the afternoon and to send word to my brother, that he might come to play for us. I miss the soothing sound of his fiddle, and long to hear it again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/luludjalovari

All the Queen's Ladies
Page 1 of 1