Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A New Healer IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A New Healer IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A New Healer IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A New Healer IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A New Healer IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A New Healer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Margaret

Lady Margaret

Humor : The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. ~ Voltaire
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-12

A New Healer Empty
PostSubject: A New Healer   A New Healer IconbSun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Aisling was making rounds with an assistant. Coming out of a room set up in the castle as the healer's wing, she smiled at the patient as she pulled the door to. She was speaking to the assistant who was writing down what she was saying in a way that would let others know she was new to her appointed position. A fair lass of only 15 but on her way to womanhood. Aisling was dressed in a simple dark green shift made of cotton and a wide black belt that hinted at the lovely figure beneath it.

Solurius. Margaret had heard good things about the Kingdom. They were progressive when it came to medicine. They didn't limit what a woman could do to the delivering of babies and the mixing of poltices. It was a place that a young woman might make her own way, make her own name. She came from good family, and had a little money of her own, and with it, she left the shores of England to see if this place might have something in store for her, and if she might provide her own service to the land. The journey had been a long one, and ended when she arrived at the castle, and inquired for directions to the healers. Given instruction, she made her way toward the healer's wing, a look of awe upon her plain features, her blue eyes wide and staring, her mouth open just a little. She tried to compose herself when she saw one of the healers, and dipped a small curtsy. "Excuse me, My Lady. I am looking for the head of the healers..." She addressed Aisling.

About Aisling's neck was a simple gold chain that suspended to metal charms. One of Gold and one of Silver. The gold was of the caduesus and the silver was a thistle. A smile instantly came to her lips as she was addressed by a rather amazed looking lass. Aisling's eyes looked her over for only a split second before she nodded her head to her in welcome then replied. "I command the Royal Order of 'ealers...Aisling Reinhardt o' SeaCrest. This be Elise, m' assistant. And who might ye be?"

A slip of a thing, she looked all of maybe seventeen or eighteen, with a plain face and slight body. Her pale skin was dusted with freckles, though she had wide blue eyes and ginger-red hair that hung past her hips in a long braid. Her gown was of quality fabric, if not the most fashionable cut. She had a lovely smile, though that did not yet appear. Her eyes went wider and she bowed her head. "Oh! My Lady, I did not realize..." She stammered a little and then realized she'd been asked a question. "Lady Margaret of Devonshire, My Lady. I heard rumor that the healers of Solurius did not discriminate against women, but I didn't realize that.." She blushed furiously, a rather sheepish expression forming. "I...I want to learn more about healing, but there is no school or mentor that would train me."

Aisling could see the lass was indeed skilled in etiquette and pretended not to notice her obvious embarassment. But she listened with her smile unchanging as the young woman introduced herself and stated her purpose. "Well now, ye be right that we choose nae to surpress a woman in 'er natural talents. I can see ye be quite serious in yer quest boot I must ask, why will nae other give ye training?" She still kept her smile as she took the young woman's arms and began walking slowly down the hall.

She was a little surprised, but her sunny smile suddenly appeared as she walked with Aisling, and she explained in her quiet voice. "For one, I am a woman. I was allowed some training in delivering babies, but otherwise.." She gave a small shrug. "And my father, he is a minor Baron...even though he has married off three other daughters, it was thought he could gain more land and money through marrying me off than sending me to school. There were too few suitors though."

Aisling thought about that. The lass was very pretty and she seemed confident as well. She showed her into a room that had a bed and a desk to one side of the hearth and cabnets with glass doors revealing medical equipment and shelves of bottles. Two comfy chairs sat in front of a well tended fire. "So yer family...they did nae approve o' yer....excursion?"
She motioned for chambermaid to get two cups of tea in the works then gestured towards one of the chairs. The assistant had put down her journaling and now offered to take the woman's cloak for her.

She offered a smile to the assistant as she handed her the heavy wool cloak from her shoulders and then carefully lowered into the offered seat, folding her hands in her lap demurely. "My mother did not. But my father knew there was not much else for me, save to put me away in a convent." She leaned her head down a little, saying in a bit of a shy tone. "You see..I am a bit more clever than my sisters..he felt my mind would be wasted as a nun. So he allowed me a stipend and arranged for my passage here to see if I might make something better of myself."

This was a relief to Aisling knowing it would not set well to have an angry father come to call due to his daughter's courage to pursue her dreams. "Well...Lady Margaret..." she hesitated and a tray with tea was set betwix them on the table. Aisling smiled and nodded to their server with an appreciative smile. She would then add a touch of honey to the arromatic cinnomin tea. "I am flattered as will be the majesties that ye 'ave come tae Solurius for such training. We 'ave fine 'ealers among us. And our beliefs allow for what ye might call...nontraditional methods o' 'ealing. Boot tis a verra serious ambition tae pursue. The learnin' be intense and the work grueling at times. Ye shall only advance in yer work if'n ye be willin' to 'old yer trainin' as yer main purpose. Dedication and stamina must be present wit' the curiosity." She stopped and sipped her tea as she watched the lass over her cup.

She took a cup of the tea with gratitude, warming her cool fingers against the side of the cup before she brought it to her lips to sip, trying it first to determine if it needed sweetening. She lowered it, however, as she listened, her expression avid and intent. There was a sobriety in her pale eyes as she gave a firm nod. "I am not afraid of hard work. Nor do I fear failure. It only teaches us in the end." She had begun to hope that she would be accepted for training here and she assured with a determined note in her voice. "I will work hard and learn all that you have to teach me. I have heard that there are those with magical abilities in this realm, but I am afraid I lack any such talents. But I have quick fingers and can tell the difference of many herbs by sight, smell and texture." She paused for a moment, leaning forward just a little. "I will not let you down, My Lady."

Aisling chuckled slightly at her enthusiasm. It was a measure she took from all her interested requestees. "I believe ye young lass. 'owever, there be steps at which we must pace ourselves. First we should see ye settled intae a room and allow ye tae wash off the dust from the trail ye 'ave followed. We 'old the majesties court on the third day o' the christian week. I shall present ye tae the royals at that time if ye wish. A request must be made fer residency wit' a period o' time fer ye tae get acquainted wit' Solurius and the people in which ye wish tae serve 'ere. Once ceremony be granted and performed tae citizenship...and ifn' ye still be o' the same mind...then we shall talk o' startin' yer trainin. Aye?" She smiled to her then sipped the tea.

She nodded emphatically in understanding. She was well aware of the protocol of court matters, and she sudden broke into a wide smile. "That would be lovely, My Lady. I have some coin that will sustain me until then, but if I may..." She asked with a little trepidation. "Might I serve as an assistant until I am able to enter training? I do not wish to remain idle."

Aisling titled her head, her smile widened slightly. "Aye indeed. Yer assistance would be welcome. Though I think ma'aps that we should 'ave Elise take ye tae the Queen's First Lady, Lady Luludja. She will see tae it that yer questions be answered and that ye 'ave a bed. Keep yer money m'dear lass. Fer until ye 'ave citizenship, ye be the guest of the most honorable King Meldrum the III and 'is Queen Caillean. Report tae this 'all when ye find yerself idle and work will await ye." She stood up as if signaling their meeting was coming to a close. She put her tea down on the table. "The grounds be lovely and ye be free tae roam so long as ye mind the laws o' the king. They be posted in the courtyard."

She took a few more sips of the tea as they spoke, finishing nearly all of it, and then set the cup aside as Aisling stood and she did likewise, dipping a graceful curtsy. "Thank you for your kindness, My Lady. I will be certain to review the King's laws and look forward to being introduced to Their Majesties." She bowed her head gently, and then turned to find Elise who could take her to meet the Lady Luludja and find her a room. All she needed was a bed and a desk and she would be most content. "I bid you a good day."
Back to top Go down

A New Healer
Page 1 of 1