Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Darkness IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Darkness IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Darkness IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Darkness IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Darkness IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Darkness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness   Darkness IconbTue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Once Meldrum set her down on the bed, her tears flowed freely. She reached her hand out to the sound of Lulu's voice. "Lulu, love, are ye near?"

"Madam, I'm here." She said softly, reaching for her hand and enfolding it gently for a moment. She only released it for a moment to turn to the King and gently request he step out into the hall. She returned quickly and took her hand again.

"Madam, this...please, tell me what has been going on. Can you see nothing?" Her voice was calm, and she tried to be soothing, but she was worried beyond words.

"I could see nothing at all!" Her voice was filled with panic. "Yet....yet now..." she brushed away the tears with the back of her hand, "now....I can......see ye a bit." She rubbed her eyes again. The Duchess was but a blur but it was better than complete darkness.

"Your vision is returning?" She crouched down before her,
remaining near, to see if she was becoming clearer to her sight. "What were you doing before this happened?"

"I....I was writing in my journal...an' ha' been doing so for quite some time." She listened carefully, not hearing her husband's voice..."Is th' King here?" She sat with her eyes closed tightly, wishing away this
horrible feeling.

"Va, Madam, he is just outside." She reassured. "Perhaps
writing so long was too much a strain for you?"

She brought both hands up, palms forward, moving them back
and forth. "How? How can it be too much? Too much..o'........ wha?"

Lulu gently grasped her hands and settled them. "My lady, for
weeks now, I know, your eyes have been growing worse. It has been a worry to us all."
She was so wishing that Aisling would come that she might examine the Queen, her dark brows were knit with concern. "Concentrating so much upon your writing..."

Caillie's breathing had slowed and she willed herself to be calm. Taking deep breaths, she tilted her head back, her eyes remaining
closed. "It happens far too often, Lulu bu' ye must nae tell anyone.
Promise me! Promise!!
It has never become total darkness though," she added softly.

She bit back her words, to be asked such a thing. A pained expression crossed her face. "Madam..how can we not tell the healer, she
might be able to help..."
She squeezed her own eyes shut for a moment,
battling with her loyalty to the Queen, and her desire for her welfare."I
will not speak of it, Majesty, but..please..if this..this darkness comes upon you again, please, swear to me that you will tell Aisling."

Her shoulders slumped but with an audible breath she squared them again, sat up straighter and slowly opened her eyes. Staring straight ahead, she concentrated on the lovely form before her. "Dear Goddess, Lulu...tis ye!" The tears flowed anew but as she wiped them away, Lulu's image became clearer.

Luludja nodded, trying not to let her eyes fill with tears, on
impulse she leaned forward and hugged her tight. "Va Madam, I am here."
"Will you not tell the King? I know that he is beside himself with worry for you."

She fell into her embrace. "Ye are th' only one I can share this wi'.
Meldrum worries far too much. I cannae explain it so I think it best nae tae try. Help me down, please. We shall call him in an' assure him all is well. Just a momentary........lapse from.....from....writing too much. Aye... writing too much."

She gently ran a hand over her back in a soothing gesture. "Promise me, you will speak to Aisling? I will come with you."

"IF it happens again, I shall." As her slippers touched
the floor, she faltered just a bit. "I need tae get my sea legs," she
laughed awkwardly.

She nodded softly then and withdrew, then assisted her to stand. "I will be at your side tonight, anything you need, I will try to anticipate." She said before she moved toward the door to allow the King back inside the room.

"Say nothing o' this in Court this night. We shall pray it never recurs."

She nodded as she opened the door. "You have my word, Madam." She promised.

"Darling!" she sang out as her husband appeared in her view. "I am so sorry for frightening ye. I know nae wha' happened bu' it is gone now."

Meldrum looked from Caillie to Lulu and back again.

"Please take me tae our chambers. I must ready myself for court. I am sure I look a sight!""

She dipped a curtsy to the King, trying to give him a reassuring look, though she was almost immediately back at the Queen's side,
a hand lifted and hovering slightly above her arm to assist her if she needed it.

She turned to Lulu. "Thank ye, love. I wish nae tae speak o' this again this night."

"Come Madam, I will help you with your hair for this evening, a few blooms are just pushing through in the garden and they would look lovely against your shade."

Meldrum was far from satisfied but did not want to upset her further. His lips were set in a tight, thin line as they walked back to the Castle proper.

"Oh, what a lovely idea!"

Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness   Darkness IconbTue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Far too often Caillie had seemed to loose sight of her surroundings. Now it seemed she just stared into nothing. "Nev'r mind Ashly comin' 'ere!" He picked Caillie up in his arms quickly. "I'll take 'er directly tae th' tow'r. Ha' Ashly meet us there."
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
Luludja Lovari
Newb
Luludja Lovari

ME : A raven-haired beauty, it is a constant struggle to tame the wild, curling tresses, often drawn back by delicate silver combs when she attends to the court, and left free when she dons the traditional attire of her people, too proud of her favorite feature to modestly cover it. Her eyes are expressive, a constant betrayal of her passionate emotions, in a brilliant shade of emerald green. Olive skinned, fine boned, and petite, she rises only to a little more than five foot three, with a narrow waist, and subtle curves. Her right arm and shoulder are decorated in intricate floral tattooing, and she is almost always adorned with jewelry; from her golden nose ring, to copper bracelets, belled bangles and dangling earrings. For her own protection, she carries two daggers, their jeweled hilts tucked into her sashes, or depending from her narrow belt. Her attire varies, from layers of silken skirts and sashes, embroidered vests or soft linen blouses when she performs, to the more ornate gowns of a lady with satin slippers, but always she is accompanied by the silvery sound of tiny bells, sewn into the hems of her garments by her own hand, a chime of music in her every step.
Occupation/Titles : Division Leader of the Royal Order of Courtiers, First Lady to Her Majesty, Queen Caillean, Her Grace, Duchess Car Zenesa, Lady Luludja of the Lovari Vitsa
Humor : Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness   Darkness IconbMon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 am

Words had passed between Luludja and the ladies in waiting to the Queen. None yet knew what was so affecting Her Majesty, but it was their duty to ensure she was comfortable in her surroundings, that they did not increase the stress that may be contributing to Caillean's increasing difficulty in seeing. Above all, they were not to let her know how closely she was being observed. She knew it was difficult for the Queen, feeling as though all eyes were upon her, either in concern or pity. And that she would not stand for.

"I know they costly, but they will be lit, even during the daylight hours." She was instructing the ladies, referring to the long burning beeswax tapers, and the oil lamps that were placed through the Queen's apartments. All of the draperies were drawn back during the day, letting light stream in. And though they were accustomed to having furniture moved about to make room for their dancing and pantomimes, the ladies were forbidden from making any such changes...at least for the time being.

When she realized how late the hour was growing, and that the Queen had not yet emerged from her chamber, she began to grow concerned. She knew she had a meeting shortly, and she turned to one of the young ladies. "Go to the Queen and let her know the hour of her appointment is drawing near." The girl curtsied and darted away to complete her task, and Luludja returned to the directing of the ladies in the placement of the lamps. Soon, they would move on to the audience hall. That was when she heard Caillean's scream for her. Her head turned, whipping toward the sound as she exclaimed. "The Queen! Elizabeth, summon the Royal Healer. Now!" She shouted, even as she was running toward the corridor as fast as she could, heavy skirts held up that she might move more quickly without entanglement.

She nearly collided with the King, and in her concern even forgot to curtsy as she reached the Queen's side. She could see the Queen's sightless stare, and knew their worst fears had been suddenly realized. "Madam...what is it?" Even though she knew the answer, she asked, and turned a fearful face to the King, knowing that something was terribly wrong with Caillean, this had progressed far too quickly. "I have already sent for Aisling, Sire...."
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/luludjalovari
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness   Darkness IconbSun Mar 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Mel heard Caillie scream from his office and nearly knocked everything from his desk as he jumped up and ran, full speed, out the door. He found her and was in such fear. "Caillie!"
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
Caillean Meldrum
Article Enhancer
Caillean Meldrum

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Darkness   Darkness IconbSun Mar 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Caillie sat before her journal. Used to writing every night, her routine was forced to change. The light was not good enough at night, despite using several tapers tied together. Today the sunlight was streaming through the window so she sat, quill in hand, poised above the parchment but she hesitated putting down her thoughts. To put thoughts to paper was to admit there was a problem. It was annoying enough to see those she cared about most studying her as if she were about to break before their very eyes. Granted there had been a couple of occasions where she had missed a step, or misjudged the placement of a goblet but it was no more than anyone else might experience.

Sputtering to herself, she dipped her quill into the ink well and began to write furiously as if time was of the essence. It was only later, when one of her ladies knocked on her door, reminding her of an appointment that she realized she had been writing for hours.. She picked up the sand to sprinkle on her last inked entry when the words, 'arch angels' and a complete description of Vex's journey from 'Hell' jumped out at her! The writing was her's but the words were completely foreign. "Dear Goddess!!" She slammed the journal shut, contemplated tossing it into the fire, but instead stuffed it under the mattress of their bed. Her cheeks simmered with the flare of heat that rose from within the core of her body.

"Ma'am, are you well?" the young lass inquired with concern.

Caillie brushed past the girl without a word. As she entered the hallway, the guards bowed ...just as everything went black. "LULU!" she screamed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness   Darkness Iconb

Back to top Go down

Darkness
Page 1 of 1