Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A Night at the Tavern IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A Night at the Tavern IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A Night at the Tavern IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A Night at the Tavern IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A Night at the Tavern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avalona

A Night at the Tavern Empty
PostSubject: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern IconbWed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 am

The room was strange, and anyone who's spent a night in a new place knows sleep comes far from easily. Left with little to do at the hour, she was forced to face down some demons that apparently were haunting her.

The word was that she was crazy, and a spy, from who ever the creator of the tale, fathomed of their own accord. Clearly being a simple shop keeper, wasn't enough to entertain the minds of others. Normally she would be wounded by such a notion, but at this she was amused.
It wasn't every day one got such great tales told of them, or that they were given such special attention. What she found most interesting is what would occur, in times passing when the truth was to surface?

Now that had her interest.

Would the silent accuser come forward and offer apology for the slight? Likely not. What would occur, likely, is that everyone would be very bored waiting on terrible events to befall that surely will never happen.

There just wasn't much harm to be had in knitting, selling woolen goods, dropping by a Tavern for a drink of Ale, and attending class with the Wardens.

Such terrible acts, to commit for one so hated. The best revenge she supposed would be out live the remarks and in the end make them eat their words. It was fair enough to her, she wasn't about to change.

Tossing over in the bed, she wondered what the morning would hold. It had been ages for her to open a book, and the room luckily had come with a few. There would be time for the matter later, as now she was to rest. When dreams would come, in time on their own.

It had been a long time for her to receive word from her homelands, likely another scandal brewing there. Wasn't one entitled a family, or a background history? Clearly not in her case. No, everything had to have some devious plot, and she had to be suspicious, because it was simply more fun to pretend this than it was to face that fact, she had different thoughts than the popular circle held, and that she had sought out on her own.

The hope had been to find a place she could make friends, real true friends who she could interact with on a frequent basis, and the result had been total mayhem. A girl simply had no right to be different, or to not conform to the popular mold of society's standards.

It surprised her most that people cared so greatly about how terrible she might be, that they totally had passed any spot of good that might remain. It was in the end their loss, not hers.
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern IconbWed Feb 27, 2008 9:53 pm

((I won't get into a discussion on this, just to say I don't get where it's coming from.))
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
Avalona

PostSubject: Deep Discovery   A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Feb 28, 2008 12:33 am

[size=21]Nimble fingers danced across aged crimson leather, the spine resting in the palm of the girls dainty hand. Words, scrawled out in a loose hand filled the volume, its words yanking any reader from their daily lives, into a land of turmoil and turbulence. "Mysterious Sea Creatures, and the depths beyond" held her silently captive.

Tiny oval shaped pink lips sealed fast into a half opened circle, her clear blue gaze enamored with the drawling's. Avalona had never been on a ship, nor to an ocean, or out to sea. There were things in this book of all assortment. Mermaids, selkies, sea witches, sirens, things that long legs, and many teeth. Things with fins, and teeth, things that had the kindest eyes, and things with a gaze so chilling it made her shiver. There was no better way to spend a day than to rest in bed, with a good book.

The ocean was always a place of great mystery and discovery. Hours passed quietly as she slipped through the pages. Today she wouldn't leave her rooms. A meal would be offered by Beth sometime later, along with a much needed hot soak in a tub, but now, was time to let her imagination run wild. Sea creatures, capable some of them, of dwelling on land, filled so many pages, one had a hard time keeping count of what they'd seen before, and what they hadn't seen at all.

Slipping the book down to her lap, she drew some yarn, a pair of aged knitting needles and began to work. Knitting a shawl, of softest blue wool roving, she sighed blissfully, knowing how deeply blessed she was to have a moment like this. Life after opening her shop was filled with responsibility and for just a moment, she was to receive a much disserved break.

Word of some event or other lay on a bit of parchment, a note forgotten on the bed stand. All events had been put out of her mind as she dove so deeply into the reading, the words capturing her heart.
[/size]
Back to top Go down
Avalona

PostSubject: Sirens Call   A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Feb 28, 2008 8:46 am

Flick, Flicker, Sputter, Gone

Darkness

The candle had burnt so low while she was occupied reading her books that she failed to notice it needed replacing. As the hours had passed into darkness, there wasn't much to be done. Slipping the book ever so carefully to her bedside she lowered it to the floor along with her knitting. The advantage of staying in a room above a Tavern with a Kitchen and Hearth, was that the heat would often times drift up word. Snuggled contently in rich blankets of hand knitted wool, her dress of natural white wool hugged closely. Thankful for both sleep began to come, dreams to follow.

"Admond to 'he deck, swab it up!" A garish stern voice echoed through the ships quarters, the young lad startled by its echo. Setting bolt upright, his sun kissed rugged hands grasped a pair of worn breeches. They smelt of sea salt, and work, yet it didn't deter him. The fabric stiffened with cold was forced apart, long lean legs stuffed into the confines. A baggy shirt, or what appeared to the stained remnants of one was tugged about his sparsely coal covered chest. The hair glistened with sweat against his dark skin, his eyes shone a searing gaze of steel blue. Cold, hard, and unwavering the man swaggered up to the ships deck, his gaze on a brigand in the way.

"Throw ya' over!" A hard shove was given, Admond's right shoulder turned up as he titled his face to the side. The two commenced in a quiet scuffle, a battle of male will power. A fist flew from the younger smaller man into the stomach of the older and stronger. "Ugh...." Admond doubled over, grasped his side and panted. The two had often carried out like this, as it was a great source of fine entertainment.

Knowing he had to let it go for the moment, the scallywag had to carry on with his orders. A mop on down the deck rested beside a sickly looking bucket of what suspected of being a cleaner. Stomping his feet with agitation, he took the broom by its handle, dunked the silently protesting end into the sickly brew, and began to swab at the planks.

Mr. Jedson lazily watched it all, a soft purr emitting to replace the normal frisky chase aboard. Serving as the Chief and sole rat catcher, he too had a purpose.

-tbc when more time-
Back to top Go down
Aly MacDraven
Oooo I want your autograph!
Aly MacDraven

ME : Born to an Elven King and evidently a Goddess. Features show her fathers people, but her coloring of flame-red hair and sea green eyes show her mothers, and she has a temper to match.She loves fiercely those she deems worthy, and doesn't really waste time on the others. Recently wed to Zindelo Lovari, and is madly in love with him.
She has a grown son from a past love, and a babe with the same man who tore her heart out.
She is found mostly at the side of her Queen, or in the Ales 'n Tales Tavern. Her days are spent at the docks she loves. She adores her lieges, King Byron, and Queen Caillean.
Location : Southleigh Castle, Ravenwood-Port MacDraven, Lovari House-Vatra
Occupation/Titles : Duchess Ravenwood, Minister of Defense, Wife of the Rom Baro-Zindelo of the Lovari, Princess of the Ta'rhani people
Humor : "...an' there I was...."
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm

((Ok This isn't a SL forum here, this is where you introduce your character to the Kingdom. The why's, wherefors and soforth. The IC SL's go intot he Thistle Post and relative forums thereof.As of right now, most of us don't even know what this is all about. Lets get the intro and put the SL where it properly goes.
Thanks))

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited due to mun's need for *Hooked on Pnonics*)
Back to top Go down
http://prfs.ravenwyndgraphics.com/aly.html

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Thank you for the helping hand, I'll take care to move it, to another part of the board. I'll try and write up something in a few days after a lot of thought about how to do the introduction. Right now I just don't have time, I'm very sorry. Aslo, feel free to remove this, because its in the wrong spot, I'll simply save the last post, and put it where it goes. I'm sorry for my misue of the board. I clearly didn't realise what this folder was for. It's my first time with this type of message board.
Back to top Go down
Aly MacDraven
Oooo I want your autograph!
Aly MacDraven

ME : Born to an Elven King and evidently a Goddess. Features show her fathers people, but her coloring of flame-red hair and sea green eyes show her mothers, and she has a temper to match.She loves fiercely those she deems worthy, and doesn't really waste time on the others. Recently wed to Zindelo Lovari, and is madly in love with him.
She has a grown son from a past love, and a babe with the same man who tore her heart out.
She is found mostly at the side of her Queen, or in the Ales 'n Tales Tavern. Her days are spent at the docks she loves. She adores her lieges, King Byron, and Queen Caillean.
Location : Southleigh Castle, Ravenwood-Port MacDraven, Lovari House-Vatra
Occupation/Titles : Duchess Ravenwood, Minister of Defense, Wife of the Rom Baro-Zindelo of the Lovari, Princess of the Ta'rhani people
Humor : "...an' there I was...."
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern IconbThu Feb 28, 2008 2:41 pm

((Is ok. I'm just gonna lock this topic down so there won't be any other posts to it. Start a new topic of Intro when you wish. There is NO time limit on this whatsoever.))
Back to top Go down
http://prfs.ravenwyndgraphics.com/aly.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Tavern   A Night at the Tavern Iconb

Back to top Go down

A Night at the Tavern
Page 1 of 1