Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
ADMIRAL'S LOG IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
ADMIRAL'S LOG IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
ADMIRAL'S LOG IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
ADMIRAL'S LOG IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
ADMIRAL'S LOG IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

ADMIRAL'S LOG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aly MacDraven
Oooo I want your autograph!
Aly MacDraven

ME : Born to an Elven King and evidently a Goddess. Features show her fathers people, but her coloring of flame-red hair and sea green eyes show her mothers, and she has a temper to match.She loves fiercely those she deems worthy, and doesn't really waste time on the others. Recently wed to Zindelo Lovari, and is madly in love with him.
She has a grown son from a past love, and a babe with the same man who tore her heart out.
She is found mostly at the side of her Queen, or in the Ales 'n Tales Tavern. Her days are spent at the docks she loves. She adores her lieges, King Byron, and Queen Caillean.
Location : Southleigh Castle, Ravenwood-Port MacDraven, Lovari House-Vatra
Occupation/Titles : Duchess Ravenwood, Minister of Defense, Wife of the Rom Baro-Zindelo of the Lovari, Princess of the Ta'rhani people
Humor : "...an' there I was...."
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2007-09-26

ADMIRAL'S LOG Empty
PostADMIRAL'S LOG

(I thought this might be fun if I did a Captain's log for Aly. One never knows what is in her mind on a daily/weekly basis.)

March 5 in th' Year 'f oor Queen 1467

I sit here 't m' desk, wonderin' th' whys 'f things tha't occur in m' life 'f late an' hav' foond no desiroos answers forthcomin'.

I am in a rather precarioos state, which seems to be th' norm for th'longevity 'f m' life. I no no' which thooghts shoold be considered, nor which road m' feet shoold tred. M' heart has been rent asunder an' I attempt to mend th' tears.

Frustrations ere m' friend 'f most days an' as 'f this night I foond m' pleasures as I will, I also wonder if I hav' wrooghtm'self an' mayhap others. I know no', but I feel more alive than I hav' in months. I hav' yet to perceive wha'tencoonter, I dinna elude m'self to fancies. I am a realist if naught else. M' hope is tha't none other shall reap wha't I may hav' sewn, althoogh I set oot for none 'f this. Th' bluidy Fates who hav' ever thooght to play wi' me an' th' strings 'f m' life hav' intervened once more an' I wonder th' pleasure to them 'f 't all. I am sure tha't things hav' probably changed now. How much only th' fates know.

I s'pose th' morrow will come an' th' sun shall rise an' I shall see wha't more th' Fates brings. Complications I'm sure. I remain true to m'self no matter the coorse.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong date)
Back to top Go down
http://prfs.ravenwyndgraphics.com/aly.html
Share this post on: reddit

ADMIRAL'S LOG :: Comments

Aly MacDraven
July 29 In th' Year 'f Our Queen Caillean, 1468
Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm by Aly MacDraven
"Th' city has become a place where trust is a tangible thing. One need only look in the eyes 'f th' people to see th' trust in their fellow mon is fleetin'.
Th' investigation into' Diana Darkrose's attack is in full swing an' all men I hav' to spare, amongst them my brother, who is as guid 't stealth as I."

Aly took a moment to collect her thoughts, and take a sip of Madeira before dipping the quill once more.

"I've no heard any word on th' condition 'f th' lass, but I shall assume tha't no news is guid, an' will pray to any God tha't will listen to me, tha't she be spared. She's a guid lass from a guid family an' deserves a chance for a long long life. I've no seen Michael an' fear wha't I'll see in his eyes when I do. A fathers revenge for a daughter. There is NO dangerous an animal as such, cept for th' mother an' she is up to her elbows 't th' non."

Another sip was taken.

"I hav' men scourin' th' county an' beyond an' all 'f my less than savory fellows ere on th' accord wi' me on this one. Ev'n pirates an' rogues hav' standards. we've guid system here an' loe his hide should I catch him first. Th' King will hav' my arse, but I am, wha't I am an' tis wha't I do best.

I shall write each thing I find new here in my log, so there is a complte legal record for th' High Council should th' rest 'f them wish 't."

She rose from her chair and set out once more for answers...and blood.
Aly MacDraven
April 17 In th' Year 'f Queen Caillean 1468
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 pm by Aly MacDraven
Aly sat on the Raven, her quill
in hand and a blank log in front log page in front of her. Her mind was
all over the place with many things to decide upon.

"I hav' many things to consider these days. I need to do some cleaning of th' Defense Ministry. My most trusted knights an' officers hav' seemed to gone off on their own yet again. I question th' continued awol actions, though th' days we live in ere no' always as wondrous as some might think. Th' life 'f a Knight er just th' enlisted men an' women isna an easy one an' some dinna figure this oot till their first real battle. Then they see tha't th' way I've chosen isna th' path they c'n live wi'. I canna fault them, but I hav' giv'n enough time to see them returned to rank an' file if they were goin' to. Now tis time to clean. I do so wi' some sadness."

Aly took a drink of her Madeira and dipped in her quill once more.

"I hav' had many experiences in these last months, wi' no time to sit an' reflect on most...till now. Shadowfall changed me forev'r. I am no' th' same person I had been before I left on this perilous quest. I would do so again to help Kyriah, who is a sister to me, is in need 'f counsel still. Troya has become a guid friend to us both, though he is loath to admit such a *humanly* trait as to hav' affection. "

"Evil is relevant. Most 'f us hav' both guid an' evil in us. Tis inherent in most creatures wi' thought process, though most choose to travel th' way 'f guid, there ere those wha't ere so evil to think upon tha't which they hav' done, an' I hav' been witness to tha't I canna possibly explain 't to those who hav'
been spared such vehemence. I had such evil try to kill me through
possession 'f one I trust, an' I , myself was possessed 'f such a power
tha't 't tried to consume me. Thankfully I hav' people who cared enough to save me from my own evil intents, though I am changed forev'r now. My senses ere more acute than I could hav' ev'r imagined. I hav' had to learn to shut some oot to hav' some semblance 'f peace wi'in my head. I learned quickly."

She dipped her quill once more thinking on the words that say exactly what she wishes to convey.

"On this quest we found something we all thought had been lost for guid. He had never been mine, though I had always had love for him. He was my friend...my peer...one I knew would hav' my back in an instant wi' oot recourse or trepidation. He was alive, giv'n back to us from wha't ev'r deities had taken him. Aiden Reinhartd lives. My heart did not know what to do upon being able to spend time with him an' th' love I had for him grew to something tha't nev'r could be. I shall always carry a piece of him wi' me....always. "

"I hav' found myself swept up in th' arms 'f another force 'f nature. He speaks strangely, an' sometimes I think I might be imagining th' way he looks 't me, er th' hand tha't so many respect, touches me wi' such a gentle affection. Tis almost surreal after all th' happ'nin's ' these months past. His passion seems to equal mine an' we *fit*, though I am still trepidatious about allow' my heart free reign again. I am scared. As Troya has stated in th' past...I dinna guard m' heart well enough. Must be one 'f my many flaws. I hav' numerous."

"I hav' found myself travelin' to th' past to Camelot. Still when I say th' word and know wha't 't means, I am in awe each an' every time I set foot there. Th' year is 557 A.D. an' Mik McLaine Pendragon, nephew 'f King Arthur Pendragon, is High King 's all Briton. I use my gifts 'f commandin' th' mists an' wi' some help 'f th' magic 'f Avalon, to do this traveling. I sat at th' mythical Round Table. TH' ROUND TABLE. I met Merlin. MERLIN. I know he must think me an addle pated imbecile as I stood there in awe."

"There is a battle to come. One tha't could impact th' future which is where I live. If tis lost in 557 Camelot, twould most likely change Solurius forev'r in 1468. Byron is a descendant of Arthur as well as Mik which has made this somewha't 'f a nexus I think. I shall fight in this battle in 557 as well others who hav' heard my tale an' no' thought me daft. Th' man I hav' been spendin' time wi' shall ev'r be 't my back an' all 'f Camelot has gone oot 'f their way to keep me safe. Sometimes I think they know things I dinna. They treat me as if I am somethin' very precious an' I admit tis strange to me, since I am naught but who I am."

"Time shall tell th' rest 'f this an' I shall write more when th' battle is ours."

Aly put down the quill and closed the inkwell. She took the drying powder and sprinkled some on the page, then blew it gently off. The sun was trying to peek over the horizon now and there was much work to be done.

Aly MacDraven
November25 In th' Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:01 pm by Aly MacDraven
"As I sit here at my writing table, looking over to the man sleeping in the bed, I must smile. In all of my eight hundred years I canna recall such contentment.

I hav’ been a soldier, a warrior, a mercenary Knight an’ pirate.
In my life, happ’ness has been fleetin’ ‘t best.

There were times in my long like I knew love. There were times
I knew what sacrifice meant.

As I watch him sleep, my mind wanders to th’births ‘f my two
sons, an’ th’ loves I ha’v known. Eight hundred forty six is a long life an’ I know
mortals coold nev’r know th’ happ’inesses , nor do they know th’ sorrows I hav’
carried throoghoot th’ ages.

I canna name this emotion he evokes in me. There is such an affinity
an’ a
kinship tha’t I hav’ nev’r had wi’ another living soul. Thoogh I know love,
there is more to this than tha’t mere word. How c’n I explain somethin’ tha’t I
dinna understand myself.

I told th' story 'f th' beasts th' Gods separated an' each part tried to their
whole lives to find their other half. I know now wha't 't truly meant.
He IS th' mate to my soul.

I know they willna allow this to last. Th' Fates ere funny an' fickle. Thoogh
tis them who hav' brooght us together, twill again be them tha't throws
somethin' to separate us th' same. I will fight the Gods for minute 'f
wha't he brings me..

..just as I watch him sleep."
Aly MacDraven
November 13, in th Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm by Aly MacDraven
"T has been a few days since I wrote, as I've been a wee bit preoccupied. I know no't how to scribe down wha't is goin' throogh my head nor wha't my heart tells me after only days.

He is under my skin. So much in common we hav' an' lives tha't hav' been either parallel or entwined an' neither knew it. Tis hard to breath when he glances at me. I hate knowing this. I hate that my hardness seems to completely disapate when he nears me. I hate that he coold crawl into my heart.

We've barely been apart in th' days since we met. I miss him now as I sit here in my Quarters on th' Raven. I dinna like when someone has this power tha't I canna control. I need tha't power to keep myself apart. He is breaking it down stone for stone.

As I write this I sit and wonder if this is true. I wonder if th' Fates hav' stopped plaguing me. I wonder if he is real."
Aly MacDraven
November 6 in th Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:50 pm by Aly MacDraven
"The sun had not risen from its nightly slumber as I sit here and scribe to this parchment. I seem to sleep less and less, but more get down in the hours of light, so I'm assumin' tis my path for th' non."

"More and more of Camelots residents are tricklin' ov'r here to Solurius, an' I canna say I am sorry. I hav' found most 'f them to be courteous to a fault, I would ev' call them gallant. Gabriel has tak'n fealty to us an' has started his Commune here in th' lands 'f New Haven. Th' name 'f his land suits him. His cohorts an' bretheren ere a differin' lot to blunt. They ere men wi' purpose an' I count m'self lucky to call them all friends. I owe them. They saved my life. I shall always be grateful."

"Another came in who is such a sweet thing once canna help but smile when yu see him. He calls himself Garr, an' he is a dragon. Since I was raised by a grand dragon, I hav' an affinity for them, an' understand mostly. My own dragon father was as cryptic as a bein' coold be, an' still I love him."

"I met another mon, Lord Necrum. He is yet another friend 'f Gabriel's, who was introduced to me no' a week past. Charmin', handsome man he is, seemin'ly full 'f compassion an' patience. I spent a few hoors this past eve just talkin' wi' him. He will decide whether he shall stay in oor Kingdom. Time will tell eh?"
Aly MacDraven
October 18, In The Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:45 am by Aly MacDraven
A few months hav' gone by since last I scribed here, finally I hav' but a few moments in between some much needed sleep' an' th' duties wha't await me come th' morn.

"Th' trip north was indeed eventful, as always. Th' Queen managed to piss off most 'f her ladies but one, Th' Lady Victoria, who is a delightful lass an' c'n be counted on to be near th' Queen. My Queen does pack quite a trousseau when travelin' an' my King nev'r bats an eye. One need only watch them togeth'r an' feel th' love they share."

"Many 'f th' nobles and gentry followed th' Court as is usual. Even those 'f th' Empire sought audience wi' oor Majesties. Twas a most enjoyable endeavor."

We did find a Tavern called Annie Baily's, thoogh I did no' hav' th' pleasure 'f meetin' th' proprietress herself, th' drink , food an' games were some 'f wha't I woold expect in a tavern. I was called to game wi' a pirate I hanna previously met afore this, but he knew me by name an' evidently needed to best me in dice. Bein' th' pirate I am, I let him win some coin from me, then showed m' Elven strength in a match 'f muscle wi' him. I did win tha't. Thoogh he be a braw mon indeed wi' arms th' size 'f m' thigh, I AM Elven. I squandered coin here an' there, thoogh twas earned no' by thievery, like some I know. I earned mine th' guid ole fashioned way...I sold m' favors for coin. "

"Court came an' we were kept busy, by tht' comin's an announcements, awards, an' such. Many people had th' magic sorcerers boxes wha't captures yur very likeness inside 't for future use. Michael an' Bry explained to me just how 't works. Seems there is a demon involved. Heh ain't there always. "

Speakin' 'f which..Trajan came wi' Kyriah. I'm wonderin' if he has captured her heart as well as her mothers. Conversations were broughtup an' well now th' King, Queen an' those seein' in close proximity, now know I had carnal knowledge 'f him. I am NO' ashamed, nor do I regret. He was wha't I needed 't th' time. He still tried to get under m' skin. I dinna know wha't tis aboot he an' Ares tha't I just hav' a hard time gettin' ov'r."

"Kyriah Reinhardt...wha't might I say aboot a lass who so reminds me o'f me when I was her age. She fidgeted throoghoot supper, rolled here eyes an' whipsered wi' Trajan 'f intrigues I'm sure. She has come such a long way since comin' home, an' I see tha't she will continue to do such, thoogh I worry ov'r her choice 'f men some'at. Tooo much like me."

"One 'f oor Knights took his Lady by th' hand, an' aske for her hand. Twas quite romantic, chivalry, 't seems, isna dead afterall. She accepted him an' now their plannin' begins. I quite like them both. I hope they shall stay as they were in tha't moment, an' remember why he asked her, an' why she accepted."

"M' dear Lord Drachenfyre. How I adore him. He is truly one 'f my dearest friends in Solurius, thoogh I dinna see him much, I know shoold I ha'v need, I shall call upon him. He is ev'r faithful to th' Lady 'f th' Lake, but he is also just as loyal to those he calls friend. I am glad to counted amongst them."

"My brother Sestaren. A handome mon indeed. I was a wee suprised tha't he decided to follow Court north wi'oot his lovely Lady. Twas guid to spend some time wi' him."

"Lady Rennie was, as always beautiful. She took her place beside His Majesty, along wi' Lord Gabriel. I felt th' King was well in hand wi' those two. Her Lord husband was absent as well. I woold hav' liked to see him there. Mayhap NEXT time."

"Lord Michael came, an' he brought th' Princess Lilia wi' him. I'm 't a loss for words whn 't comes to them. I canna seem to remember a Court wi' oot them now, an' sorely hope I nev'r hav' to. I hav' become very fond 'f both 'f them. They ere indeed assets to oor Kingdom. Lilia canna be desribed. I dinna hav' th' words to accurately say. She is a light, I believe had been missin' from oor Court for some time now. One canna look upon her, er listen to her for any legth 'f time wi'oot feelin' some sort 'f glee."

"Lady Kate arrived th' first ev'nin'. I hav' awaited her for some time. Somewhere ov'r th' years, she an' I grew into a familiar kinship. We oft know wha't th' oth'r is thinkin' ere tis said. Funny tha't. Oft times we say naught an' still know wha't th' other is thinkin'. Doesna happ'n much in a lifetime, so I cherish wha't oor friendship has become."

"My Lord Tolroze arrived. He is such a lovely young mon. An' handsome as wellas braw. He showed me th' exuberance 'f youth once more. I very much enjoyed his comapny, an' hope he shall travel again wi' us."

"Tis late now, an' I've an early morn as is th' usual. I shall close this now with fond memories on a cold night."
Aly MacDraven
June 22, 1467 In th' Year 'f Oor Queen
Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:56 pm by Aly MacDraven
I hanna had much time to write lately, but I find I need to put in words wha't m' mind canna fathom yet an' mayhap I'll be und'rstandin' 'f wha't happ'n.

Th' Midsummers festivities were wonderful an' we DID surprise th' Royals well enoogh I think. Meren an' Valerie did were really th' catylists in 't all I think. Everythin' went as planned an' 't all looked magical. Both Meren an' Valerie looked beautiful in their gowns. No't oft do we see such wi' Meren er m'self for th'T matter. There isna much call for a gown in m' chosen duties, but a gown I did wear.

Th' Queen always ravishin' in no matter th' clothin', dinna disappoint this time either. I think she was overwhelmed. Th' King ,thoogh verry surprised took 't all wi' a grain I'd say. Many from oor allies came, which is always nice to see. Th' McAndrews ere always handsome an' gentlemanly, an' tis always guid to see them, especially when in *Rome*.

To m' suprise an' flattery, Robert attended. Thoogh he seems to like women(an' I mean ALL women), he necame very attentive an' affectionate, no' tha't I minded one whit. He intrigues me. I find m'self enjoyin' th' time I spend in his presence. Which brings me to th' night followin'. I was in th' tavern, wi' Valerie an' Orc (who doesna smell nor act like an Orc) whois a pleasant enoogh gent, an' Robert came swaggering through th' door. I dinna quite recall how th' subject came aboot but I ended up askin' him if 'twas a thing he wished wi' me. To m' chagrin (An' all sorts an' means 'f torturoos acts I coold perform upon his person) he answered nay, thoogh in th' same breath he tell me nay as he woold rather be in a relationship wi' me. Yu c'n imagine m' thooghts, er then mayhap no'. I think I shall be happy to see th' rogue pirate once more, thoogh he confoonds me by th' minute, he also brings a smile.
Aly MacDraven
May 29 In The Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:11 am by Aly MacDraven
Th' tavern had been mostly devoid an' quiet...till th' brothers Kidd came strollin' in. They both hav' a way 'f makin th' most dreary 'f moments an' turnin' them into a keileigh. Stephen played an' Robert sang, his voice deep an' rich. Valerie an' I sat , but no' still mind yu. We tapped an' clapped to th' upbeat tune. Daley came in toward th' end, then their was th' wee matter 'f a kiss owed from Robert. I must admitt I rather teased him into 't but he followed throogh neverth' less. He was a wee bit taken aback methinks an' Stephen laid odds tha't he'd follow me 'roond like a pup now. I, howev'r thinks he's more mon than tha't, but tisna to say I dinna enjoy his attentions. Regardless 'f wha't most think, I AM a woman after all. A strong mon 't takes to try to rein me, an' one wi' th' passions to match m' own to keep me interested. I've yet to find one who c'n stay in th' dance for long. Mores th' pity. I shoold rather enjoy one who coold match me wit for wit, an' passion..well mayhap I just expect to much.
Aly MacDraven
May 27 In Th' Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:48 pm by Aly MacDraven
A smile comes to my face as I think of how I was crammed into the gown I wore to th' Heathfield Ball this eve. Most who know me well, c'n attest to how I am MOST uncomfortable trussed up like a holiday fowl. Thoogh on the ride ov'r in th' Royal coach wi' King Byron an' m' friend his Queen gav' me enoogh compliments to sink the Raven. I adore m' King. Twas very sweet an' gallant 'f him to say such lovely things, althoogh I think Caillean woold hav' kicked his leg had he no'. I love them both.

I knew some 'f those in attendance. M' brother Sestaren an' his betrothed were breathtakin' in oor colors. Mali looked so much like th' lass in love, I must admitt to bein' a wee bit envioos 'f 't all. Sest? Well one c'n only look 't th' crinkle 'f his sparklin' eyes to know wha't is in his heart. I'm so glad for them both. They do so suit. Th' Lady Valerie was, as always beautiful, but quite th' quiet lass 't th' event. Mayhap she had 'druthers to think on.

As I stood an watched others dance, 't ocurred to me tha't once again I had to come to an event alone. Thoogh when Laird Aiden asked me to the floor an' gallantly bent ov'r m' hand, I 't this moment was gald tha' I WAS alone. He was an accomplished dancer, an' had me floatin' across th' floor as if m' feet dinna tooch 't once. He was ev'r th' gentleman. Twas a nice thing. Coorse tha't had me thinkin' 'f Robert who in m' mind, am' no't sure if he's a gentleman 'f ANY sort, but still, he brings a smile.

I still see Trajan in m' dreams an' I dinna und'rstand this a'tall. He belongs to Ashly, an' rightly so. I'm to th' point where I know no't wha't part he plays in m' life, but I AM sure m' sojoorns wi' he an' his world arena ov'r yet.
Aly MacDraven
May 7 In th' Year 'f Oor Queen
Post Wed May 07, 2008 6:58 pm by Aly MacDraven
I sit here flushed this eve as I attended th' Beltane Festival. Th' Lady Issotta nev'r looked so beautiful as did m' Queen. Valerie came an' all most coold do was smile, which was more than' th' Succubus was wearin'.

Ladies Meren an' Kyriah both attended, but dinna join in. I think they were a wee bit take'n aback. Mayhap next year they will feel more like joinin' in. I must say I was sorely disappointed 't th' lack 'f men in attendance. Only one 'f our own was there. Th' King himself escortin' th' lovely Queen. T seems I've just no luck atall when one canna ev'n mate durin' Beltane. Must be th' wort.

SOme 'f oor allies attended an' all were just as bonny as always. King alec was absent due to alement I was told, but his Queen looked ne'vr better.

I go to sleep now..alone on Beltane.
Aly MacDraven
May 1 In th' Year 'f Oor Queen May Day
Post Thu May 01, 2008 1:33 pm by Aly MacDraven
I know I shoold write in this every eve, but oft times I come to this desk an no thooghts come to me. There ere things I wish I coold tell certain people 'f m' circle, but I've no' been giv'n leave to do such.

Certain feelin's an' emotions I am forev'r pressed to keep supressed. 'T has been thus since I c'n remember. Many think me cold an' heartless, many others beleive I hav' no emotions 't all. I see 't thoogh most try to hide. They woold all probably laugh knowin' I hav' reall feelin's. I hav' come a long way. I hurt, I laugh, I love. Most oft in tha't order. Pain has been m' friend since I was but a small elflin' wanderin' th' Highlands bluidy an' beaten. Kyriah feels such as well.

She is such a wonderful yoong lass. SO much like her parents yet she feels betrayed an' beguiled by them both. Twasna th' way twas, but she was much to yoong to remember. Her father doted on her an' her brothers. He was a different mon when he was roond them. I saw 't. His whole demeanor woold change when he but set his eyes upon them. Aislin' was th' same. She gav her life for her own children. Wha't bett'r love is there than self-sacrifice? But Kyriah canna see throogh th' fog 'f abandonment. She is alone, er so she thinks. I shall always look af'ter her whether she thinks I need to er no. I loved her parents, an' I know Aiden woold want me to make sure she's alright. I canna tell her aboot Ashly...yet. She is too angry. She holds tha't anger like a dagger in her hand for protection. I hope one day she will trust in wha't I tell her...Tha't her mother loved her more than she shall ev'r begin to understand, an' mayhap when Kyriah has bairns 'f her won she'll understand th' sacrifices we make as parents for' th' safety 'f those chidlren.

I go to sleep now, watchin' th' shadows...always watchin'...just in case I'm needed.
Aly MacDraven
April 25 In th' Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 pm by Aly MacDraven
Th' tavern was full 'f people last eve... People leavin'. First yoong Cailla told us tha't she an' th' Governor were sailin' on th' morns tide. I so hate to see her go. She reminds me much 'f her father whom I dearly miss. She shall make a guid leader. Compassion an' mercy rule her, an' she has the intelligence to make 't so. wha'tev'r Gods she follows, m' hope is tha't they will watch ov'r her an' keep her safe. I shall make 't a point to visit soon. Th' Governor loves her as his own, but his mind isna wha't used to be. T comes an' goes wi' a whim. I fear he will do himself harm more than any else. I have provisions to load an' send in a month. I shanna allow for ht Isles to dwindle as they did before in m' own sorrow.

Th' second person to annoonce their depature was Brandi. She a' Bejamin set sail this morn as well to th' shores 'f Scotland. I canna blame her. This land took much from her. Kerry was a guid mon an' loved her much. His son shall grow in tha't shadow an be a great on as well. brandi woold hav' 't no other way. She is stronger than she knows. I will miss her greatly. She had a wit unlike any others.

I dinna see Kyriah, so I assume she was busy wi' repairs an' such 't Seacrest. Iam very fond 'f her. She reminds me 'f me all those centuries ago..er mayhap twas just yesterday hmm?

I hav' ootlived many 'f m' friends an' now watch their children grow to adults. I hav' done such before, an' will do so again. Oft times bein' long-lived is a ver lonely place.
Aly MacDraven
April 1 In th' Year 'f Oor Sovereigns 1467
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:28 pm by Aly MacDraven
Coort went well this eve. There were a few new faces who seemed to capture the attentions of the Royals. I dinna interact wi' them but I shall if they deem oor Coort worthy 'f a second visit. M' brother Sestaren came, looking rather dashing if I say so m'self. He may no' know his charm as a mon, but th' Ladies 'f Coort certainnly do. 'T always brings a smile to me, thinkin' 'f how happy Mali an' th' children hav' made him.

Captain Stephen Kidd was present this eve, minus his lovely and lively bride Jewel. I like them both. One c'n always tell a connection wha't goes deeper than th' eye an Stephen an' his wife hav' such. I think I'm envioos. He asked me to sup wi' them onhis ship an' to meet his brother Robert. I shanna pass up a meal wi' such guid company an' wit, althoogh I'll reserve judment on this brother since I've no' met 'im as yet. I think Strephen is tryin' to match me up. No' exactly sure how I feel aboot tha't. Nev'r before had trooble hav'n a mon if I wanted one. Keepin' them howev'r seems to be th' narrower problem.

All was well till Chrum walked in. I hate th' way he c'n still get to me ev'n thoogh I stay stoic, m' others feel his presence well enoogh th' traitor. I barely spoke. I know n't wha't to say honestly. He is th' bairns father. This I canna change. He loves them. Meren thoogh had a harder time than I. She is so hurtin' an' I c'n feel th' pain. I KNOW tha't pain. Mayhap she an' Garth c'n work oot things. She deserves all th' happiness a woman c'n take. She's strong, but ev'n her strength has 'ts limits. She is also much more like me that ev'n she probably guesses. No' an easy road 'f 't.

As I close this, I look th' shadows 'f m' cabin here on th' Raven, but naught is there but dark. I hav' always liked th' dark. Tis where things like th' likes 'f me dwell.
Aly MacDraven
March 28 In th Year 'f oor Queen
Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm by Aly MacDraven
I know no' truly wha't to scribe here. I hav' many thooghts all jumbed an' incomplete, 'cept for one. I shoold no' think 'f him. I do no' NEED him, but by Ares beard I want him. Ev' now I canna keep th' sivers from m' body wi' the merest thooght 'f him toochin' me. Tis folly. He is from far away...a life he treasures an' now has pain ov'r. Had I no' seen this subtle vulnerability which he tried desparatey to hide from me, I shoold nev'r think he had such softness to him. His loss is great an' thoogh he hides behind th' hard mon he is, I saw inside, evn' for th merest 'f seconds, th' pain. Tis oain I know. Losing a parent is torture. I hav' no parents. They dwell in th' Undyin' Lands. I shall nev'r see them till tis m' turn to take th' ferry.

He spoke 'f th' light tha't most say they shall see when they die. He fears for her soul where th' light leads because 'f his past deeds. I tried to tell him tha't if she is in th' light, surely she is well an' guid. Er so I'm led to believe. I dinna know on a personal level, but m' thooghts ere tha't if there is one guid deed, a sincere deed, n' one 'f self-import, nor malicioosly misconstrued, I beleive one c'n reach tha't light 'f their own. I dinna think ev'n th' Gods c'n change tha't. althoogh tis sure I am Hades woold hav' a revolution on his hands. Persephone wooldna allow such an' his lvoe for her is such as I've nev'r seen. WHo woold hav' thooght Hades woold find love. Heh.

Tis early as I write, an' soon th' children shall be up an' runnin' aboot to break their fast, then to their lessons. I shall continue on today as I do ev'ryday. I smile because m' body is well used. M' castle practically runs 'tself these days as I've th' best people one coold hope for. I will work 't th' docks as I always do, an' mayhap throoghoot th' day I shall think on yestereve, an' smile.
Aly MacDraven
March 18 in th' Year 'f Oor Queen
Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:09 pm by Aly MacDraven
Most 'f th' day had been spent over-seein' th' careenin' ships. No' a pleasant task, but a necessary one. Requisitions for uniforms still sit awaitin' my seal. Th' morrow will come soon enoogh.

'T had been some time indeed since we had an Induction. Lady, Now Duchess Meren was resplendent in her ragalia. I thooght 't one point she might hav' shed a tear, somethin' one willna see oft wi' tha't dear lady I assure yu. Lady Meren is many things and she shall make a toogh but fiar Commander. Healer she already was, an' a bluidy guid one 't tha't. Coorse I still think those 'f us who ere Commnaders ere all but daft anyway.

There's naught like an induction to bring oot all th' Nobles an' their finery an' this one was no exception. Th' Queen, as always ootshined all. His Majesty King Byron always does his best to keep up, an' as handsome a mon as he is, canna tooch oor dear Lady Queen. Thankfully he nev'r ends up resemblin' a peacock. For this, I know I spake for us all...Thank th' Gods.

M' brother Bj attended wi'oot his bett'r half. I dinna ha'v a complete opportunity to inquire where she was. I hope she is well. He looked dashin' in his attire as well. An' he smils more these days to which I attribute to Mali.

Laird Cerin came but dinna stay long, Valerie had tastey morsels for everaone to partake as she always does. Me thinks th' King woodl near to starve if th' Lady Chef dinna prepare for him to sneak into th' kitchens long aft'r all hav' retired for th' eve.

Lady Neala came for a wee bit an' tis always nice to see how she is. Rennie nor Chrum, nor Blu were in attendence. Twas odd that. There were others missin' from attendence as well. A few new faces I saw standin' near th' back. Mayhap they will show again 't some point.

All in all twas a joyoos occasion. I , for one, look forward to dealin' wi' th' new Commander o' th' Healers.
Aly MacDraven
March 11 in th Year 'f Oor Queen 1467
Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 am by Aly MacDraven
Today was rather sluggish. A light spring rain off an' on most th' day halted much 'f th' work. I sent many 'f th' men home to their families for a small Holiday. Th' others...like me, foond things to do inside most 'f th day.

I foond m' way to Coort this eve an' a jovial affair twas indeed. Tis a wondful thing to see th' smilin' faces 'f th' people once more. T' has been a long time comin'. There is still a linger to the evil tha't had taken place but tis small an' shall soon be all but forgotten.

Chrum is still away. I hear word once in a while, but tis anyones guess if twill be his will to come back to Coort. Till then I trust but a mere few wi' th' Kings person. I shall bide a bit longer to see wha't fate has for me to tend.

Loras returned after a small leave, an' seemed to be readied for wha't may. His jovial nature is always welcomed in oor midst. Kyriah came to Coort as well. There was a smile tha't held her for most o'f th' eve. This, in itself I shall deem a miracle.

Th' Queen laughed, th' King ate, an' Valerie made sure naught went hungry. Nary a complant came before Their Majesties this night. Twas a guid day.
Aly MacDraven
March 8 In th' Year 'f oor Queen 1467
Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 am by Aly MacDraven
Yesterday was...well boring to say th' least. Poorin' ov'r requisitions th' day long is akinned to listenin' to auld mon Grant talk aboot his fifteen children when all he really has is three. I'd rather giv' birth.

Kyriah came to see me in my office yestereve. She is much like her mother. She sees to much when naught is spok'n. I dinna see wha't guid coold come from tellin her *who* made me smile. As much as I hate intrigues 't seems tha't I'm always in th' midst 'f one er another. I shall keep this 't m'self for th' non.

Th' lass had come to ask aboot th' restoration 'f Nightwind an' I gav' her th' diagram I had foond no' long after I started rebuildin'. She was happy to receive this but no' happy when I gav' her th' locket I had foond as well. I know th' hurt an' betrayal she feels. I felt 't once as well. I've had centuries to move on, tis no' quite clear how long she's had as she came back to us grown. Time helps an' I've had plenty. She will need hers.

I still remember th' day I lost everathing I had ev'r known. My parents, m' sisters and my home. Twas eight hundred forty years ago an' I see 't like twas yesterday. I dinna talk 'f 't as tis my own to bear. Tisna fresh as Kyriah's losses. Tis her time to recover. If she so asks questions I shall deem to answer them as honestly as possible. Time does help to alleviate. An' while in pain I say grab a large blunt object an' beat th' snot oot 'f those who cross paths. But tha't's just me.

Aly MacDraven
March 7 in th' Year 'f oor Queen 1467
Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:59 am by Aly MacDraven
Th' day went quickly. Th' canvases were unrolled today an'd aired, th' cannon were cleaned an' this day I declared *Swab th' Deck* day. I'm sure yu c'n imagine th' reception I recieved onthis one. An' here I'd thooght I'd heard th' foulest 'f words possible. Evidently I've learned a few new ones.

I received a missive form Jeremy today. He an' Callie ere fine. He shall see me in a month wi' a new delivery from Africa. I do so miss travellin' wi' him. No bairns to spake 'f yet. He might just be like his Ayr'dal (Half-Elven) mother'an' others like her. We breed rarely. We really dinna need to do otherwise since we ere so love lived. Time will tell. He will again try to write when he leaves Madagascar.

Th' tavern was a mostly a quiet affair till a man arrived whose wit an' humor made us laugh...constantly. Mayhap he will come once more. Tis guid to see th' Kingdom laugh again. Tis wha't heals th' lands. Meren, Valerie, Beth, an' Alana were present. I usually dinna get on wi' women to well but I'm in guid company wi' these lasses. Meren an' I hav' much in common.

An' I must say so tis written somehwere in case some ev'r finds this log. I beleive yu c'n find no better food anywhere in th' Kingdom, other than th' Ales 'n Tales, er th' Castle. Valerie an' Beth make a feast oot 'f anathing. I hav; cooked in th' armies an' on th' ships I've served ov'r th' years, an' tis paletable an' oft time guid food. Valerie an' Beth canna be tooched.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong date)
Aly MacDraven
March 6 in th' Year 'f oor Queen 1467
Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 am by Aly MacDraven

Th' day was more upbeat than I've had in a long time. A smile had been literally chisled into my features for most 'f 't. This is wha't happen's when pressure is released. I am in hope m' mood remains, for I know those aroond me hav' suffered m' foul moods to oft. I am sorry for this.

Th' tavern was a lively place this eve, made livelier by th' presence 'f th' King an' Queen. Tis guid for them to just be people an' wallow wi' th' rest 'f us. I hope they will come in more an' let down th' hair so-to-spake.

Kyriah made a visit an' wi' th' help 'f th' Sovereigns blessin's, she was giv'n her fathers lands an' th' title 'f Baroness was bestowed. She is yoong an' has no experience, but she will do wonderfully. Th' lass is a verra intelligent person an' shall persevere as she always has, an' if she's 'f a need, I shall always be there to aid her as I woold've to her parents, rest their sools.

Now as I sit here an' the cool breeze blows throogh m' chamber window, brushin' th' draperies aside, bringin' th' cripsness 'f th' night, my bed somehow doesna feel so large nor so lonely an' I feel some semblence 'f peace, thoogh my mind wanders to intrigue tha't I hav' foond when I think 'f him.

Last edited by Aly MacDraven on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:46 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : changed font)
Re: ADMIRAL'S LOG
Post  by Sponsored content

ADMIRAL'S LOG

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: CHARACTER JOURNALS (IC) :: THE ADMIRALS LOG-
Jump to: