Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A pact with a King IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A pact with a King IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A pact with a King IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A pact with a King IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A pact with a King IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A pact with a King

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

Occupation/Titles : Being King
Humor : Heh, being King
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-09-25

A pact with a King Empty
PostSubject: Re: A pact with a King   A pact with a King IconbSat Sep 26, 2009 8:00 pm

The time was drawing close when a decision had to be made. Diana wasn't yet at full strength, barely off her death bed, but she was improving every day. His son was trying to avoid discussing the issue with his father but soon, soon there had to be a transfer. He sat in his office, quill in hand, in the early morning hours. It was becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate. He wished only to live for each hour and each hour without his Caillie was wasted . He placed quill into the inkwell then onto parchment.

"Today is a new one and I must be north to visit the Darkrose family since Diana has awakened from her deep sleep. Caillie has agreed to go along. I can only think she wants to speak with Diana about the transfer of the healer from our son to Nolan."

He paused briefly to think about this then continued.

"I am still not convinced that it is necessary. My father and my grandfather were both extraordinarily old and all that kept them alive was the healer. I am of normal life and healthy, as far as I am aware, as is my son.

We will ask Diana to make the contact with Pelor and see if indeed we must make this curse go away or if it is, what I suspect, simply a boon to the Meldrum clan. Wars will forever be with us, I fear. I also fear that there will come a time when Byron must fight to keep his lands free from those who would impose tyranny upon his people."

He placed the quill in the inkwell once again to finish his thoughts then placed it aside and leaned back to think more. After a few moments he leaned forward again and blotted that which he wrote and closed the journal.
Back to top Go down
http://castleofthemoors.com/
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

A pact with a King Empty
PostSubject: Re: A pact with a King   A pact with a King IconbFri Mar 20, 2009 8:04 pm

[b][i]Each day seemed to rush by with little heed for whether Mel wanted it to go slower or not. It was up early, go out riding through parts of the realm to visit both towns and villages, farms and industry. Each had their own special needs, the roads, commerce, getting food stored, getting it sold at market. Whatever the need, Mel tried to help in whatever way he could.

He kept himself busy so that he didn't need to think about the impeding confrontation with Sol. He was but a third generation removed from the original pact and his son would be the next to be impacted by this curse. No, they had spoken and the Prince told him of another that needed the healer more. Nolan was dying and something had to be done right away.

Would Sol go with this solution to two problems? Would taking Sunbeam from the son kill the father or the son? How would it affect the family? Only the confrontation would tell. The King was determined that his son would not die. If any would it would be himself. As much as it would grieve Caillie, it would grieve her more to lose her son, the heir to the throne. Yes, this had to happen and soon for Nolan's sake.
Back to top Go down
Byron Meldrum 3
Story Book Author
Byron Meldrum 3

A pact with a King Empty
PostSubject: A pact with a King   A pact with a King IconbSat Jan 03, 2009 9:13 pm

This day had begun as any other in Mel's life. Many issues to deal with within the realm, his wife next to him, sleeping so peacefully yet he knew she was becoming more panicked as the days progressed. He knew this day that it would not be long before he faced the fate of all Meldrums. But from the mouths of babes a ray of hope emerged. Little Tawnie said in plain and simple terms that he should speak with the God and have it take back Sunbeam. Simple! But by doing that, indeed it would end the curse, but would it kill his son? That was the dilemma facing Mel this morning and for each day until his son turned 17 years of age in October.

Caillie was sleeping with her back to him and he leaned over, gave her a good morning kiss in her hair, ah the smell of her was intoxicating to him. He lingered for a moment, gently stroking her hair and shoulders. Oh how he loved this woman. Then she moaned and turned to open her eyes. A smile crossed her lips and he kissed them. "G'd mornin' milove." She held the kiss for what would seem like moments but in reality was probably no more than a few seconds.

"Good morning, darling" She held out her arms to him. As they lay there in each others arms he could only wish this could be his fate forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A pact with a King Empty
PostSubject: Re: A pact with a King   A pact with a King Iconb

Back to top Go down

A pact with a King
Page 1 of 1