Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A Call To Duty IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A Call To Duty IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A Call To Duty IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A Call To Duty IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A Call To Duty IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A Call To Duty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

ME : Born Aisling Marie Sheehan, in Land's End Scotland to a prominent family. Highly educated in the fields of higher learning.

Spirit guided to Solurius to study under the well-known leadership of the Royal Order of Healers, under it's commander, Healer Elyas. Through test and trial, was granted elemental healing powers by the light.

Married First Knight Sir Aiden Reinhart, then through the sudden departure of Elyas, became the Commander of Healers in Solurius.

Against the law of nature, Ash and Aiden became parents of twins, Kyriah (Baroness SeaCrest) and Caliban (Deceased). Later they were blessed with a third child Jonathan.

Aisling hosts a phoenix, given to her by her angelic husband, giving her extreme healing when transformed into the firebird.

Aiden and Kyriah went on a quest to destroy a powerful Dark Lord that plagued and endangered their family. Kyriah returned with little memory of the quest, but her father has yet to return. Ash and Kyriah await with hopeful hearts.

Aisling now leads the healer's in an effort to keep good health in the lands, watches over her daughter and grandchild, and prays everynight for her husband's return.

Location : Royal Castle - Healer's Tower - Kingdom of Solurius
Occupation/Titles : Royal Healer - Division Commander - Duchess - Host to a Phoenix
Humor : If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does a bear still ...oh wait...nevermind
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-09-28

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSun Jul 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Aisling called the meeting and introduced herself to the healers. It was good to learn that they were so sure of their duties and worked so well together. Even those who volunteered their time at the tower appeared to be very well organized and happy in there work.

Aisling did fill her days though, watching her healers as they worked and staying available should they need a second pair of hands. She had also cared for a couple of patients as well.

When money matters arose, or needed signature, she would read carefully and do as would be expected by the Duchess. She would also check with the royals at least once a day, or their staff should the royals be indisposed, to make sure they were in good health and to see if they required anything from her.

It was good to be in the tower again and she would explore it from top to ground floor. She was surprised to find the sublevel floors closed off but did not ask upon it. Only accepted it as a purposeful decision by her commander.

No word from Meren but she was sure that all must be going well in her recovery for she reasoned that no news would be a good sign.

Aisling was quite pleased overall the way things were running.
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

ME : Born Aisling Marie Sheehan, in Land's End Scotland to a prominent family. Highly educated in the fields of higher learning.

Spirit guided to Solurius to study under the well-known leadership of the Royal Order of Healers, under it's commander, Healer Elyas. Through test and trial, was granted elemental healing powers by the light.

Married First Knight Sir Aiden Reinhart, then through the sudden departure of Elyas, became the Commander of Healers in Solurius.

Against the law of nature, Ash and Aiden became parents of twins, Kyriah (Baroness SeaCrest) and Caliban (Deceased). Later they were blessed with a third child Jonathan.

Aisling hosts a phoenix, given to her by her angelic husband, giving her extreme healing when transformed into the firebird.

Aiden and Kyriah went on a quest to destroy a powerful Dark Lord that plagued and endangered their family. Kyriah returned with little memory of the quest, but her father has yet to return. Ash and Kyriah await with hopeful hearts.

Aisling now leads the healer's in an effort to keep good health in the lands, watches over her daughter and grandchild, and prays everynight for her husband's return.

Occupation/Titles : Royal Healer - Division Commander - Duchess - Host to a Phoenix
Humor : If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does a bear still ...oh wait...nevermind

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Aisling entered the Healer's tower by way of the front door. She stepped in and was greeted by a young doorman who was quick to give her access. She nodded to him with a smile and then let her eyes travel up and around the circular tower. The atrium stretched from ground to roof and the statues were frozen in time. Every detail the same. It felt welcoming.

Other decor had been changed which Aisling would have expected but for the most part, no structual changes had been ordered. She saw a beautiful young lass approaching her with eyes that could not hold her own for very long. "You are Lady Aisling?"

Ash nodded to her before speaking. "I am indeed. And ye be..?"

The lass curtsied to her. "I am Anna, the Duchess's assistant."

Aisling nodded her head to the woman in respect and acknowledgement. Then she leaned in and spoke low. "So...ye will be the one tae keep me from lookin' a fool, aye?" She raised a brow and then seeing a loss of words from the girl, wondering if the Lady was serious, Aisling would let her off the hook with a chuckle.

Anna looked a bit more relaxed as Aisling chuckled and gave her a smile. "I will help you though as much as you need me to my Lady." Aisling nodded. "That is kind of ye lass."

She then looked about, noting that there were some who were stealing glances to her and whispering as they moved along in their chores. She would nod and smile. She then turned back to Anna. "Anna, there be somethin' ye could do fer me. Will ye message all the 'ealers and under 'ealers to let them kin that a we shall 'ave a meetin' this verra eave. It shall be a dinner meetin' and ummmm....it be tae introduce m'self tae them. I should verra much like if all could attend that be available. I think ma'aps that ifn' I'm tae be 'ere tae 'elp the Duchess in 'er absence, then we should all be acquainted. Aye?"

Anna looked at her and slowly nodded. "But M'Lady, such short notice?"

"Well...tis a necessary step I think and o'course, those that cannae make it due tae the short notice will suffer nae ill-effects but I kin the Duchess would only 'ave intelligent staff in 'er employment and I think all will agree that this be important. Dae yer best lass, tis all I ask."

With that, she smiled and walked up the staircase to the left that led to the door of Meren's office and quarters. She stopped at the door a moment and a guard, who seemed to expect her, stepped before and produced a key to unlock the door. He would swing it open and step to the side with a bow to her. Aisling smiled to him then slowly stepped inside. Her eyes went around the room as memories flooded to her consciousness. As she stepped in, she was mesmerized a moment and jumped out of it as she heard the door behind her close. She turned to see the guard had closed it behind her.

Aisling stood in the middle of the room and looked around a moment more before she moved to the desk that Meren used. She glanced at its tabletop and the items upon it. She turned and saw the rows and rows of books within new shelves as well as the old. She slowly reached out a hand and let her fingertips run across the back of a decorative chair. Letting the memories play their course.

Turning to the door that led to Meren's private quarters, and the room she herself had occupied at one time, she slowly turned the handle. Aisling peeked in, then fully entered the room. It was the same but very different. She saw it as it was now and as it was then. Memories floating in and out of focus. It did not feel right though. Not now in this point of time.

She heard the outter door echo a knock and she shut the private quarters door and moved to open the office door. A porter with her bags was standing there. He started to bring them in but she stopped him. "I shall nae be stayin in the personal quarters o' the Duchess. I think a room down the hall shall suffice. If ye dae nae mind, will ye follow me?"

She then closed the door and glanced to the guard who nodded and locked the office behind her. She had planned on cleaning up a bit first and then would take a tour of the ward to see what was what this day.

She led the porter several doors down from the office and found a room that was suitable. It could have been Mari's old room but she was not sure. Once inside, she tried to give coin to the porter but he refused it. So she gave him her sincerest thank you. Once he left, she walked to the bed. There were fresh flowers that smelled heavenly and it was very clean. She smiled and let her body fall back on the bed, wrapping her arms around her torso. She spoke outloud to herself. "Well Aisling, welcome home."
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Sheehan Tower - Coming Home   A Call To Duty IconbSun Jul 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Aisling had left Meren's with a feeling of adventure and usefulness. Something that had been too long out of her life. The responsibility that Meren bestowed upon her thrilled her and comforted her. She had packed up Layne's things to bring him with her and been thinking about Trajan's request for his son to begin training when he turned a year older. Layne was Trajan's son without a doubt. He was taking on his father's features rapidly including and most noticeable in his size. At almost 5 years old, he stood to Ash's shoulder. But with the unusually abundant growth, it was necessary to keep in mind that he was indeed only 5. Cunning and intelligent and eerily dark in appearance, with Trajan's glowing red eyes, yet funny and clumsy at times and very strong. What a combination. Still, for the most part, he gave Aisling little heartache and many smiles.

Readying herself though, she wondered if perhaps it would be better for Trajan to come for him now rather than waiting. She had only agreed to his training as a warrior in his father's lands of Shadowfall, if she could visit when she wanted and he would be back with her on the Yule, Fall Festival and Spring Equinox to spend time with her. Trajan had, of course, agreed to her terms. As she thought of it, she suddenly felt a presence in her room. She seemed concerned at first but then a smile would come to her lips and she continued folding Layne's clothes and packing them into the leather bags. Heavy footfalls would come from the corner shadows of the room. She figured he purposely made himself heard for her benefit.

"Ye 'ave been eavesdroppin' on m'thoughts again, eh?" She heard a sigh flow from the large demonic warrior that she shared a son and many, many unforgetable memories with when Aiden had ascended to the light to head the Angelic armies.

Trajan did not smile big but a smirk did grace his lips as he stood looking at her from behind. "I have told you many times, Aisling, I hear your beckon when you do so in your mind."

She had stopped her movements as she spoke and now would resume them, placing clothes inside the bag. Finally, she would turn to look at him. "And ye cannae actually read m thoughts, or so ye say." Aisling smirked, and walked past him to the wardrobe to get more clothes to pack. He let her pass then smiled and turned towards her once more. "No, I cannot read your thoughts and would not if I could. But, you know that." She stopped and looked at him on her way back to the leather bags on the bed. "Aye, I kin ye would not. However, my beckoning o'ye was verra real. I need tae discuss somethin' wit' ye. Duchess Meren 'as asked me tae 'elp keep the Tower and healers runnin' smoothly in 'er absence. I shall be relocating tae the Sheehan Tower fer awhie. Upon 'er return, I plan tae stay on at the Tower sae we can keep close contact upon a matter o' a new 'ospital that the Duchess 'as decided tae 'ave constructed." She stopped again and turned back to him and sat down on the bed. Giving him her full attention. "I be wonderin' if ye might wish tae 'ave Layne come tae Shadowfall now instead o' a few months from now."

Trajan had been staring at her when she turned and now forced his eyes to find another object to focus on. He continued to stand in place. "I would not be opposed to having Layne come now. We can start that much quicker on his training." He looked around the room and then to the light in the window that burned brightly, even against the sun's rays that filtered in through the window panes. He turned back to Aisling. "He has not returned?" She stared at him for a few brief seconds then uncomfortably she would pick up more clothes and start refolding them. A task, totally unneeded. Very quietly she responded. "Nae."

Trajan could see the pain she bared and for a moment, he wanted to take her in his arms and comfort her and make her forget him. But it was not as it has been once, and never would be again. He sighed, looked back to the lamp then back to Aisling. "I no it would do no good to try and convince you to move on with your life. All parts of it." Aisling said nothing and did not look to him. "As I figured. You know you will always be special to me Aisling and I do not like to see you in such pain. But stubborn you are and I nor the Gods or Demons themselves could change that. I suppose your hope of his return will be strong enough to bring him home...and if not...you will die alone."

She did look to him then, rather sharply for a moment but her expression eased and a sad smile would take its place. " 'e will come back. I kin 'e will."

Trajan felt a pain he thought had long been healed and cleared his throat. He walked to the window and looked out. "Is Layne ready?"

She was grateful for the change of subject and though things had changed, he too would always be a part of her. "Aye boot I 'ave yet tae tell 'im that 'e will be goin' wit' ye and nae me." Trajan lifted a brow and turned from the waiste to look at her. His large calloused hands clasped behind him. "Where is he?"

Aisling arose from the bed and walked over beside him, looking out the window over the garden. "There! Playin' wit' the other children. Ye cannae miss 'im." She chuckled and Trajan did find one child much larger than the rest, but he was not playing. He was simply sitting on a bench, elbows propping up his chin, watching the other children play. He could not see Layne's expression from his current position. "He doesn't seem to be playing to me." It was said rather matter-of-fact but it bothered Trajan. It made him wonder.

Aisling would take him away from the thought. "Well, I be quite sure that 'e will be verra 'appy tae see 'is da. Come, we shall get 'im together." She very properly took his arm and they started for the door. He leaned down to speak in a low voice, pretending that he might be overheard, "Careful, that heated touch of yours could be dangerous." He did smile then, a smile she remembered well. She playfully slapped at his arm as they went to inform their son that his father was there and ready for him to travel to Shadowfall.

Last edited by LadySheehan on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSat Jul 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Aisling placed the tea on the table and stared into it for few seconds before looking up to Meren. "I need tae be focused on my work. I need distracton from my personal life. I find sae manna memories at NightWind that should ease m'mind and 'eart in the matter o' Aiden boot it does nae. It only provides the means tae cause more pain. I 'ave held 'ope fer so long that 'is return would come and yet now, when I stare intae the lamp that stays lit fer 'is return, I find m'ope dwindling, if only for a moment." She teared and looked back down to the tea. "I cannae let that 'appen." She was disciplined though and would not let tears fall. Not
in front of the Duchess.

"You know this life is full of regrets. One of mine is that after all the time I have been in this land, that we never got to know each other better. Your loss so soon after asking me to take your position, was hard. That whole situation was hard. I admit I know little of nothing about it, and it is not my memory causing it. I just felt it had nothing to do with me, so I did not intrude. I certainly did find it unusual that you came back" chuckles. "But living in Solurius, one learns to accept the unusual. In case I never said it...Welcome home."

Aisling would smile and blush at the same time for she carried a certain amount of guilt herself for abandoning the healers as she did. "Tis kind o' ye Meren and appreciated. This be m'ome and the sovereigns my loyalty and the people 'ere my purpose boot I could nae lose Aiden. He was and shall always be m’eart. Given the chance by the light, tae follow 'im tae the underworld tae fight as a warrior o' light, well...it gave me the means tae at least be close tae 'is existence." She sighed a little knowing it would sound ludicrous for her to explain it all for even now she knew it was beyond human reasoning. "I came back b'cause the light allowed Aiden tae return tae earth boot sae much 'ad changed. Trajan...Layne....Aiden...Kyriah...it just, it be sae verra crazy." Aisling took on a look of confidence though as she leaned in. "Boot through it all Meren, m' eart, m'loyaties and m'purpose never swayed." She sipped her tea in thought.

Smiling, Meren nodded. "You know, I was given the chance to rename the Tower after you left. I refused. Sheehan Tower is there because of you. You say you seek purpose and focus. I still have that hospital to build. The offer of your help with it still stand?"

Her expression changed to one of great interest. "I be quite flattered that ye did nae change it. Much planning and work went intae its structure in the rebuilding o' the castle after the great fire. From that experience, I learned much. I would be honored tae assist in the buildin' o' the hospital. Layne will be leavin' me in a few months tae go and study wit' 'is father in Shadowfall.. And Kyriah be quite busy wit' the matters at SeaCrest. Tis time I moved continued living while awaiting fer Aiden's return. Thank ye fer the opportunity tae once again contribute tae the well bein' o' Solurius."

"I am more than happy to have your help. Your desire for a lab is very important. I think it is needed to help us keep up with the rest of the world. You know this being Duchess has its drawbacks when there is only one of you." chuckles.

Aisling chuckled too, remembering how very full her life was in that position. "Well I shall indeed dae what I can tae ease the burden upon ye. And I 'ave been verra anxious tae resume m'studies in the post mortem field.” She tilted her head slightly as she studied Meren. "Meren, truly I wish tae do what I can. Should ye need annathin' more than what I be contributin', please, dae nae hesitate tae inform me. I feel I bring more than I left wit' since I house a phoenix within. A gift from my 'usband when 'e lived in angelic form." She pulled up a sleeve that would reveal a rune tatoo of the phoenix on the inside of her arm. It was large and fiery-colored. Her thoughts to Bry as she displayed it to Meren, knowing she almost died in the rebirth of the phoenix ."I be much stronger as a 'ealer now and possess much 'unger for more knowledge."

Meren opened her mouth to speak and stopped. Chewed on her bottom lip a moment. "Don't get me wrong. I have learned to accept magic as part of life here. It started a long time ago with that show-off mage Bryan" though she did truly think fondly of him, whether he believed it or not. "but I have no clue at all, whatsoever about this Phoenix."

Aisling smiled for she too had no knowledge of the phoenix before being gifted with it. "The phoenix be a 'ealin' creature from the light. It's tears carry 'ealing energy far beyond what we as mortals know.Aiden gifted me wit' it as 'is last act o' love fer me before ascending tae thelight. 'e knew, b'cause o' my 'eritage and m' destiny tae 'eal, that I would survive the transfer. It worked." She took a breath, knowing Meren was not
from a magical background and did not know exactly what faith Meren followed. "You see, wit' the phoenix, when it comes forth, my physical appearance changes tae that o' a firebird. Tis why the temperature o' my body stays very high on the norm." She reached over and touched her arm. The touch seeming as though Aisling was racked with fever.

"The Phoenix is a legend, a myth. Well I guess it was." Frowning at the heat in her touch. "How do you surivive being that hot?" No Meren did not come from any magical background. She was one to believe in hands on skill. Lately though, such skills had more and more seemed useless. Every where you turned, someone could just lay on hands and everything was ok.

"My physical body changed when Aiden endowed me wit' the phoenix. Adjustin' the normal functions tae withstand the heat in both the transformation and the phoenix at rest. Unfortunately though, each time the phoenix comes forth, it ages the phoenix greatly and when it reaches expiration, it burns itself up and tis reborn from the ashes. M'body cannae withstand this transformation though. Without Bry Helgraz, I would be dead now, instead, the phoenix was reborn and reentered m'body as the housing. I dae nae think it could be done again though. So, I dae nae call the phoenix unless there be nae other choice." She hoped her explanation could be grasped. Saying it outloud even made her aware of its lunacy.

Meren thought it to be no more crazy of an explanation than channeling light into healing power or walking into someones dreams and saving their sanity. "Here is hoping you never find a need for it then. I have been thinking of visiting some friends at the University in Scotland. They are making amazing strides in medicine. Which is funny since most of it has been known of since before Christ." refills her tea for her. "What else can I do for you though? There are so very few of us left from before that time with the Demons."

Aisling narrowed her brows at the reminder of the war that cost her so dearly. "Only allow me m'lady tae continue tae learn, tae 'eal and tae teach others the old ways and the new in medical techniques. Magic does not rule our world and it is better that most do nae kin what goes on behind the scenes in the fight for balance of dark and light. I choose modern medicines that takes it roots from nature and man's history. Bring to me the knowledge ye gain from the University. Solurius be verra strong in it's defenses against it’s enemies. Together we shall make it just as strong in it's defense against ill fates and suffering and be respected once again as the greatest 'ealers in all the lands." She smiled.

Meren lifted her tea cup in a salute. "I believe we have a deal M'lady. Here is to knowledge. The greatest defense ever." smiles right back.

She reciprocated and clinked lightly Meren's cup then sipped. Her mind beginning to flood with ideas once again.
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Aisling would smooth the wrinkles from her dress as she exited the carriage and touch her hair to make sure it was still up and in good order. Then steppng to the door, she awaited a response.

As was his nature and stubborn habit, Hobbie opened the door. Smiling at the attractive Lady, he bowed the best he could. "Lady Sheehan?"

"G'day tae ye sir and it be Lady Reinhardt actually. A pleasure." She would bow her head in return.

Blinked at the mistake. Well it was what Meren had told him. "Please come in." stepping aside, he barked orders to the Groom to attend to her carriage and horses. Securing the door he smiled. "M'lady is in the rose garden." He motioned for her to follow the shortest way through this wandering testimony to carpentry and the need for many, many rooms.

Aisling would follow as her eyes looked around at the beautiful furnishings of the home. It was the first time she had been to the Darkrose Manor and curiosity was apparent. As they stepped into the rose
garden, the aroma was so familiar to her and her lips would pull into a smile even before seeing Meren. Roses being her favorite flower by far. They made her think of Aiden. She continued to follow until they reached their destination.

There were rich tapestries and ornate carvings into the woodwork. Art, that really didn't seem to fit the normal world, was everywhere. The home was as ornate as its Master, yet also warm and inviting. Home away from home.

The rose garden was large, but where the seating was, was more intimate. A small table, a bench, a few chairs. A riot of color tempered with the varied greens of leaves and grass, was accented with the sight and sound of a small fountain. A pool of marble, with a small dragon spitting water out of its not so ferocious mouth. Meren sat among this. Eyes closed and seemingly asleep. Hobbie motioned the Lady on closer and would go to get their refreshments.

Aisling moved closer in and as Hobbie moved away, she quietly spoke to Meren so as not to spook her from her sleep but to gently get her attention. "Duchess? Tis I, Aisling.”

She smiled and turned more at the waist to look at her. "Ah..good. You made it. Come sit and please, call me Meren?" She was not asleep, but enjoying the scents and sounds around her.

Aisling nodded in respect before taking a seat. Meren would see that Aisling was observing her with a medical eye as she sat down. "Verra well, Meren. So what be this accident that ye 'ave fallen victim
tae?"
Normally she would have asked about family first but the concern for the Commander of Healers had grown steadily since she had received the missive from her.

She gave a small laugh. "Victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I believe that’s what they say." readjusting herself to more fully face Aisling. "I had gone to the smithy I own in the city, and to make a long story short. A clumsy boy, a spooked donkey, a heavy anvil and a smithy with slippery fingers who's hammer smacked me in the head."

Now hearing the explanation, her brows furrowed slightly. "My goodness. Be ye alright?" Again her eyes looking into Meren's for any sign of difference.

She smiled and shook her head a little. "No. I fear that even with Diana's fervent attempts to heal me, I am still addled. My left ear took most the blow and the hearing is diminished. Save for the constant ringing, and the dizziness as well, I also find my memory…” Hesitating a moment for the right word. “…troubling.”

Aisling’s eyes moved to the ear she spoke of and then back to Meren’s eyes. "Oh?" Her brows lifted. "Troublin'? Like, ye 'ave lost some o' it? Short term? More?" Aisling questioned her to the severity.

A maid came with tea for the Ladys and simply set it on the table and left them their privacy. Meren smiled. "Im not sure what all I have lost. Short term, it is odd. After the accident, I went to the Ales for a drink like I always used to do after work. Only to find strangers there. Some much stranger than others. The King surely ..he looked very different. I think I angered some people, though I do not know why."

As she listened, Aisling would pour tea for both of them in the cups provided. Setting Meren's in front of her. She titled her head.

"Different 'ow m'lady?" focusing on the King statement.

She took the cup in a steady hand.."his hair was white. He looked..older than he should have. This strange man came in and called me by name, then kissed me. I slapped him." chuckling. "which is odd, since I remembered Lilia, and not my own husband." sipping her tea.

Aisling stopped in the middle of a sip and placed her tea back down on the table. Her eyes opened a little wider with surprise. "Ye did nae remember Lord Michael? Meren, that would imply quite a lapse in time
m'friend. And now?"

She looked the other Lady right in the eyes.."I left the tavern, and was headed home. The Townhouse I think, but the last thing I remember seeing was Michael begging me to trust him. Next I woke up here, in my own bed, with him and the children around me. A lovely headache to go with it. Seems he and Odette helped pull my memories from somewhere and put what they could back in place."

A slight look of relief would come to her eyes. "Well praise be tae the light that they could accomplish such." she sipped on her tea then smiled to Meren. "I be quite glad that they were able tae dae so.” Then finally finding an opening to ask, she questioned her on a more personal level. “The children, they be alright?"

Nods, "They are strong and I know I scared them. We scared them, but they are ok. Took a miracle to get them to go do their own chores and see friends, stop hovering over me. Aisling, my memory is still odd. My skills are not suffering. However until I stop being dizzy and hopefully can hear a little better.. I need someone I trust to make sure the Tower runs smoothly. Diana despises paperwork." chuckles.

A new wave of concern would shadow her expression as she listened to Meren. "Well o' course Meren. I actually was goin' tae request that I be stationed at the Tower fer a bit as ...." She looked down to her tea then back up to Meren, leaving the sentence unfinished and changing course. "I would be more than willin' tae assist in seeing to the Tower." She sipped her tea.

Meren smiled and put her teacup down. "Aisling, I am having a few memory problems but I can still see things. What troubles you?" She knew full well the woman had no need of any further training the Tower might offer. Heavens knew it could use her talents with so many more patients coming in daily. Might have something to do with Morri's puppet shows, or Beths hand in cooking better meals. Even Haydens flowers, but most of the cases were real. "Tell me what you need please."
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSat Jul 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Aisling received the missive from Meren and smiled at her warm comment about still wanting to call her Duchess. But with curiosity and concern, she wondered upon the rest of its content. Aisling had not heard of the accident she spoke of and she hoped it would not be of a serious nature. It was serious enough if it meant she was taken away from the tower.

Aisling told the messenger to return to the Duchess and let her know that she would come to the Manor as requested and as quickly as she could. And added that he should tell her that she was looking forward to their visit and to take good care of herself.

She thought about that message and found it ironic to be giving such advice to the Duchess of healers. Then without adieu, she saw to the responsibility of Layne, left word for her daughter and prepared her mount to head to the Darkrose Manor.
Back to top Go down
LadySheehan
Knows what a pen is.
LadySheehan

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty IconbSat Jul 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Meren had found herself down for the count yet again. An injury had left her unable to fullfill her duties in the Tower at this time. Hopefully it would only be a few days, perhaps a couple of weeks.

She had her attendant send a missive to Aisling.

"Dearest Lady Aisling,

Even now after all this time and so many events, I still want to call you Duchess. In my mind you always will be. Life has been hectic and confusing these past months. Everyone has been touched by it. Never has it been my intention to avoid or ignore you.

I need your help. I am recovering from a stupid little accident that has left me home bound. I trust that my staff can handle the day to day tasks. My right hand Jonathon is amazing as a surgeon but he is the only one I have. Would it be possible for you to come to the Tower and keep things running smoothly?

I know this is seriously short notice, but thats how life in Solurius works is it not? Please come to the Manor to see me if you accept my request. I have other things of importance I wish to discuss with you.

Yours in service and friendship

Meren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Call To Duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call To Duty   A Call To Duty Iconb

Back to top Go down

A Call To Duty
Page 1 of 1