Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
SeaCrest Description IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
SeaCrest Description IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
SeaCrest Description IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
SeaCrest Description IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
SeaCrest Description IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

SeaCrest Description

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-10-29

SeaCrest Description Empty
PostSubject: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description IconbThu Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm

SeaCrest is located on the Southwestern side of Solurius and begins at the coast line and stretching 60 miles to the east at its widest point. It is 70 miles long at its deepest point. Altogether, she covers about 2,100 square miles of diverse landscape. The coastline changes from the northern most boundaries to the southern coastlines. It is rocky and craggy with high cliffs in certain points to the north then begins to level out as it moves south with beaches that have scattered boulders of size with sand between. At its southern most coastline borders, it is nearly void of rocks and boulders and is all sandy beaches.

There are several areas of thick forest within its interior with the Black Forest being the only one that runs all the way to the northern coast at the northern border. It serves as the border between SeaCrest and the Prince's lands called the Land of Solurius.

Within its borders, there are the Highlands in the central lands which stretch from the borders of Ravenwood to the heart of SeaCrest. This would be called the Eagle’s Nest Mountains . Toward the center south and running to the southern coast is the Dragon’s Breath Desert. Mixed in between these regions would be grass lands and moors. There is one area, seldom traveled that contains a deep bog. It lies between the southern base of the highlands and Dragon’s Breath. It is called No Man’s Land. SeaCrest is a very diverse landscape for its size which makes it very unique.

There are 3 main cities and strongholds in SeaCrest, with NightWind Port City on the coast, being the largest. It lies in the shadow of the Castle of NightWind. The Baroness SeaCrest, Lady Kyriah resides within NightWind Castle. NightWind Port City has well known shipping lanes that are open year around due to a deep water warm current that runs from the ocean to her shores in about a 50 yard wide flow that ends up at the Port City Shores. The current is named by captain's of the sea as the Hades Breath.

Located on the southern tip coastline is Tramore, a smaller port city. On the Northeast side of the Eagle’s Nest Mountain range, is Portlaoise. It lies on the shores of the inlet Sea that borders Ravenwood. Each are strongholds that protect SeaCrest’s borders and shorelines.

Many small villages and country residents dot the lands of SeaCrest in addition to the cities and strongholds.

SeaCrest supports a population of 144,000 (info taken from the first census, completed in the year of our Queen, 1470) permanent residents within its borders with NightWind Port City hosting about 19,000 of those residents. Its makeup is well distributed between young, mid-range and elder residents alike. It’s residents have all taken an oath of loyalty to the Royals of Solurius and to the Duchess and Baroness of SeaCrest.

SeaCrest’s 3 main industries would be Equestrian related services, Shipping, and Farming:

The SeaWind Stables, boasts some of the finest horses in existence. Services include breeding, buying, selling, trading, training, importing and exporting. There is a racetrack also in final stages of construction which will be incorporated into the Solurius Horse Racing Series upon its completion.

Shipping and Ship Building is the second largest industry in SeaCrest. Because the shipping lanes are open year around, there is constant importing and exporting of goods. The Master Builder, Master Bryan McClintock oversees the building of some of the region’s finest ships including Galleys, Carracks, and Galleons. ((I know galleons did not come into making until the 16th century but we all know Solurius is cutting edge.  )) NightWind Port is the home of the Lady Kyriah’s own Galleon called none other than “The Sea Crest” and her Carrack named “The Night Wind”.

Farming fields in SeaCrest can be found throughout the barony with a variety of crops depending on the land quality. Half of these crops are exported, sold, or traded and half are grown for local consumption by residents or animals within the borders of SeaCrest and even extending beyond those borders when the need arises in the other parts of Solurius.

Minor industries would be glasswares, vendor sales and trading, metal works, and munitions development. Of course, each area would specialize in their own trademark as well.

King Byron Meldrum III and Queen Cailleann Meldrum are the Sovereigns for all of Solurius and Her Grace, Aly MacDraven-Lovari is the Duchess over the Barony. Lady Kyriah Reinhardt is the Baroness.

The motto for SeaCrest is “Welcome to all who come in peace – Hell waits those who do not.”

The bordering Baronies would be “Land Of Solurius” to the northeast and “Ravenwood” to the east. All other borders are coast line.

The SeaCrest inhabitants are mainly human but there are others - for instance: angelic, shapeshifters, draconic, elven, fae and a few others. All are welcome if they can accept and live in peace with their fellow Solurians in SeaCrest.

As varied as the races of SeaCrest are, all religions are accepted as well. Most live in harmony but as with any land, there are at times power struggles. These are handled quickly and fairly. Regardless of spiritual belief, all residents must stand on the side of the light. For this reason and because the Lady Kyriah is a demon-slayer and warrior for the light, (as is her mother and her absent father) SeaCrest has been targeted by the underworld. This would be the biggest risk to residing in SeaCrest. There is a history of Demon Wars but currently SeaCrest is in peaceful times as we know it. The archives hold more on this subject should your curiosity motivate you.

For protection, SeaCrest hosts it’s own security posts that dot its borders and it is also protected by the army of the Duchess as well. Each town and village and city appoints an immediate security patrol by the elders.

Should you stop by and decide you like the lands and would like to be apart, do not hesitate to state the fact to the Baroness. Should you wish only to visit these lands with SeaCrest, welcome and enjoy!

[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description IconbThu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 pm

((Very nice, very nice! A good well rounded description, that gives a very clear image of the land. I know it had to be another thing on your plate, with all the hard work you've been putting into the current SL you've been running for so long now, and how much work you have to be putting into that with so many to make it run cohesively over several board topics for so long.. that is far, far from easy, and I'm thankful we have such talent on hand to do it. ))
Back to top Go down
Aly MacDraven
Oooo I want your autograph!
Aly MacDraven

ME : Born to an Elven King and evidently a Goddess. Features show her fathers people, but her coloring of flame-red hair and sea green eyes show her mothers, and she has a temper to match.She loves fiercely those she deems worthy, and doesn't really waste time on the others. Recently wed to Zindelo Lovari, and is madly in love with him.
She has a grown son from a past love, and a babe with the same man who tore her heart out.
She is found mostly at the side of her Queen, or in the Ales 'n Tales Tavern. Her days are spent at the docks she loves. She adores her lieges, King Byron, and Queen Caillean.
Location : Southleigh Castle, Ravenwood-Port MacDraven, Lovari House-Vatra
Occupation/Titles : Duchess Ravenwood, Minister of Defense, Wife of the Rom Baro-Zindelo of the Lovari, Princess of the Ta'rhani people
Humor : "...an' there I was...."
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description IconbFri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 am

((Nice work Vickie!))
Back to top Go down
http://prfs.ravenwyndgraphics.com/aly.html
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description IconbFri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 pm

((thank you both for the kind words. It is a labor of love. I just wish I could do things more timely but I will take what time I can get. ))
Back to top Go down
Zindelo Lovari
Newb
Zindelo Lovari

Occupation/Titles : Royal Bodyguard to Her Majesty, Queen Caillean. Captain of the Queen's Royal Guard. Count Vátra. Commander of the Huszár Light Cavalry. Rrôm Baro of the Rromanies of Solurius.
Humor : I have three truths; one with you, one with the other, and the third with myself.
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Re: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description IconbFri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm

(Very well (and thoughtfully) written! I eagerly await any continuances and developments you post on Kyriah's Barony and its inhabitants.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SeaCrest Description   SeaCrest Description Iconb

Back to top Go down

SeaCrest Description
Page 1 of 1