Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Rule Solurius IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Rule Solurius IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Rule Solurius IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Rule Solurius IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Rule Solurius IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Rule Solurius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelDarkrose
Knows what a pen is.

Occupation/Titles : Duke Flos of Terra, DC of the RoC, Chancellor o' th' Exchequer
Humor : ... if you know me, truely, you don't need a whole lot more humor.
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Rule Solurius Empty
PostSubject: Rule Solurius   Rule Solurius IconbTue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Michael picked up his pen, considering his plans. His short term plans were in place. He needed to make sure his long term plans were sound ... his reasons valid. He wrote, the fire crackling behind him.

'Why am I doing this? Why am I set upon this course? Because I love Solurius. I love it's people.. it's ideas. The land itself isn't bad either really, thought the snow is troublesome. I love it's King and Queen dearly. They are people of respect and worthy of the same, who know how to be true rulers of people, not tyrants drunk of power like too many these days. The Nobles are goodly people, and care more about the people in there lands than the "rights" their titles give them. In short, I do this because I love all of Solurius.

So I would see it live long.

No Kingdom.. Arthur's Camelot, The Roman Empire, The Greeks... is immortal. All fell in one way or another. I .. know... academically... that someday, so too shall Solurius. This is fact, as it is that mortals die. However.. I would do all I can to ensure Solurius lives long enough to make those empires jealous. I cannot do it myself of course.. it would be arrogant to the point of idiocy to believe so. I can however cause ripples like a stone in the pond. Those ripples will flow and with luck will spread out to cause Solurius to grow in dominance and thus security. Kingdoms must grow to survive, either externally by taking over other lands, or internally by strengthening themselves. It need not be by force of arms though, and that is the key of my plan.

Solurius may grow by economic and cultural dominance. An empire built on trade advantage, education, and better life and health for it's citizens. It will begin in Flos de Terra and with luck, expand out to the other Baronies if they see the advantages of my plans. I would not dare impose them.. that would be well beyond my rights, and these people are my friends. Still. It starts with the ships.. and the planting season. The jobs will bring wealth.. and so many more ships will in a decade give us unquestioned dominance of the sea and more than enough ships to explore the seas with.. that alone could in another thirty years time double the size of land that we claim and do untold good for our resources. The planting.. using three fields, one of beans, one normal, and one fallow.. we will produce less of each type, yes.. but the land can be used faster, less spent fallow... in five years it will catch up any loss... in five more, just as the sea dominance is coming into full, our trading stock will be double that of our neighbors and trading partners, giving us a major edge. We will loose less to piracy too by dint of our naval might.

Stage two is increasing education. I cannot pull men and boys off the farms. Instead, well.. once the roads are more in place, wandering scholars can go to them. They do not need a full noble's education.. merely basic arithmetic and reading. This way, they can learn to understand loans, contracts. They can understand how to expand their farms, and not be taken advantage of by Manor holders who's fields they work, nor foreign traders. Commerce and culture will grow in the fields as well as the cities. This will all be supplemented by the bank. Savings of the people, loans... and the money taken in as investments. Given time... this enrichment of the people will yield rewards, I know it. We will be able to patronize artists at some point, putting forth future the undeniable stamp of Solurius' culture the world around.

The whole thing.. the whole society.. is a grand machine. One cog pushes another. This is how it's always been... and this experiment.. will take centuries... but the prize is worth it. After I am dead... after the Meldrum family.. my own family.. is so far removed from us we are but bare memories, legends if recalled at all..

Solurius will endure. Thrive. Expand.

Rule Solurius.'
Back to top Go down

Rule Solurius
Page 1 of 1