Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
A Special Journal Entry IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
A Special Journal Entry IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
A Special Journal Entry IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
A Special Journal Entry IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
A Special Journal Entry IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

A Special Journal Entry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
meren anwa
Article Enhancer
meren anwa

Location : Solurius, Meldrum City, Clef de Coeurs, Flos de Terra, just to name a few.
Occupation/Titles : Wife, mother, lover, friend. A true woman of the Moors.
Humor : Alumnus of the SASR University (SmartAssedSnarkyRemark) Goes for the obvious joke and jugular.
Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2007-09-25

A Special Journal Entry Empty
PostSubject: A Special Journal Entry   A Special Journal Entry IconbWed Dec 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Grateful for a peaceful day, she leaned back in her office chair and regarded the flickering flame in her lamp. She had not been gone from her duties overly long, but so much had happened in that short time.

Diana had left her a pile of notes regarding anything and everything she felt important. Bless that darlings heart, she tried so hard, too hard. She needed to relax and let others do their jobs ...and as the idea faded in her mind, she began to laugh. That was the very same advice someone else once gave her. Stop trying to do it all. Some day she and her daughter might both actually do that, but she doubted it.

First order of business. Kyriahs chart. When Meren got word the Baroness was being transferred here to the Tower, she sent orders to have her own chambers prepared for her. They had been Aisling's once, and were far more suited to this case than a cot near a brazier in a stone room. Diana had done a Fine job. Assessed the situation and took proper action as taught to do. The young Healer had done exactly that. Kyriah was alive to prove it. Meren had no clue what caused her condition, and unless her own unique skills were required, there was really no need to go into details in the Lady's record.

From the collection of slaves, she was happy to say they had been healthy. Only a case of sniffles and one bad rash were found. They were both caused by simple reactions to new things in a new land. Fifteen slaves turned into Fifteen freed humans. Five begged to be returned home, regardless of the outcome. Michael was seeing to that. Two doctors, a stone mason, an entertainer and young girl who had only know slavery her entire life proved difficult.

She made note that the two physicians the King had saved from slavery were happier, more realistic about their situations and actually eager to accept posts on the Isle of Lions. The island had long needed skilled Healers, and as there were so few to be had, this proved to be a blessing. A new start for the men, a bright future for the islanders. The men would be leaving with Ikar on the evening tide tomorrow. Right along with medical supplies and personal supplies to start their new lives. Ikar was put in charge of them until they could get settled. Meren was certain Ibbe would get involved since she knew everyone, and all the best places to set up shop.

Doctors now handled, it was one less issue to deal with. The stone mason and gyspy woman who danced for Kings at Court both wanted to go home so badly, they were willing to risk enslavement yet again. Hearts so desperate for what they lost and had to leave behind, they dared to face it all vanished in their absence. Those would be hard to help, as they could not tell us where they were taken from to begin with. I hate to say it, but it will call for a magical intervention before its all said and done.

The one young girl was being cared for at Meren's townhouse, and was proving to be an eager pupil when it came to her studies. Now if they could just convince her how important it was to keep her clothing on at all times, it would really be a massive step forward.

Everyone else was settling in to new lives with their old skills. Many were happiest to find positions in Solurius's outlying towns.

Meren herself was amazed and incredibly pleased to put into the Journal that at this time of year, when the TOwer was always so busy, the childrens ward was almost empty of sick kids. Fact, besides Kyriah, at the moment there was only a very old man facing death, a brand new baby with her mother and a rather clutzy fellow with a broken leg in residence here. She had an incredible staff to thank for that.

A last note in the journal before she closed it. "This past year has had blessings upon blessings and most were disguised in turmoil. But as always, Solurius has triumphed. Her people, her heart and soul are strong and with the ever vigilant care provided by their King and Queen, shall go into a new year with confidence and find success."

"I also wish to give the highest credit to my staff. Diana, my right hand and strong heart. Morrigan, the joy that speeds healing to those who only feel pain. Lilia, my tiny angel of mercy and Keeper of the Bandages. Miyuki. who's skills with herbs has taught all of us so much. Alkor, the one who keeps us on our toes and smiling while we are. Anna, my seldom seen Lady who keeps me organized. Jonathon, who truly should be a Doctor, but I am very glad he is a nurse. I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart"

With a smile on her lips and twinkle of tears in her eyes, she signed it ...

Meren Darkrose
Duchess Clef des Coeurs
Commander of Healers

Solurius......and affixed her seal to the bottom of a very special page.
Back to top Go down

A Special Journal Entry
Page 1 of 1