Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Julien's Journal IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Julien's Journal IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Julien's Journal IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Julien's Journal IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Julien's Journal IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Julien's Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JulienEvermore

JulienEvermore

ME : Born of a the marriage Bard and a royal falconer, his father left before his birth. His mother, Bard and Lady Kathryn Evermore, sent him to fosterage with his older sister while she ran an inn and built a home for them in his birth-land, Solurius.

He was a mere lad of seven when his powers manifested. A healer, they called him, his fledgeling abilities holding his sister's broken back together until a true Healer could repair the damage. A shock to everyone, though to him it felt like a piece of his soul coming to life. It was then they knew he must be trained.

A grown man now, young... barely twenty... always a sprite of a lad, he is whip-thin and wiry, topping out at a mere 5'7". White-blonde hair, his father's one gift to him; eyes called icy-blue match his mother's, his often dancing with mercurial warmth.

Self-contained, though frequently full of mischief and humor. Learned in chirurgeoning and herbalism, as well as his energy based healing power, finding his own way.
Occupation/Titles : Baronet/Neophyte Healer
Humor : Healthy
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Julien's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Journal   Julien's Journal IconbSun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Sunday

Finally, some time to sit and put down my thoughts.

The past moon has been hectic and full of multitude twists and turns, the past few days spent in a state of depleted slumber. I find I have almost recovered, and did not need the reminder that using my Gift for hours uninterrupted is exhausting and not recommended to anyone. I'm not meant to work at that capacity.

The first topic of note, I have been promoted within the ranks of the healers, and within the realm in general. A Neophyte Healer and Baronet. I believe I outrank my mother now, not that I would ever say such a thing to her.

The next topic to note, BJ the Ranger. I believe his troubles to be ended now, but it was tender going for some time. There was an incident in which he was injured, stabbed. Only the concerted efforts of the healers kept him from death. I am blessed to count myself part of the ranks of such gifted, able people.
Mental note for future reference, BJ is resistant to magical or other gift-based healing including elemental, causing pain instead. Possible death. For those of us prone to immediate use of said gifts for assessment or corrective purposes, we must all remember not to use them with him.

Topic the third, an odd twist of prophecy or Sight sent me on an errand into the city. A girl child in a bakery was bitten by a dock rat, and was displaying early signs of the black plague. I have made report to the guard and appropriate dockside authority to follow pest control protocol and be available for any reports of similar sicknesses. Another report will be made to Duchess Aisling so the healers can prepare. With luck we will have caught it early and can avoid an epidemic.

I have revisited the Twin Loaves bakery and the girl Amys is recovering appropriately. Her parents are keeping her close to home, with no surprise there. They've scoured their home and storefront to be sure of all disease and pest eradication.

The winter winds abate and soon the warmth of spring will return. New joys and new ills, as with each turning of the year.

JSE
Back to top Go down
JulienEvermore

JulienEvermore

ME : Born of a the marriage Bard and a royal falconer, his father left before his birth. His mother, Bard and Lady Kathryn Evermore, sent him to fosterage with his older sister while she ran an inn and built a home for them in his birth-land, Solurius.

He was a mere lad of seven when his powers manifested. A healer, they called him, his fledgeling abilities holding his sister's broken back together until a true Healer could repair the damage. A shock to everyone, though to him it felt like a piece of his soul coming to life. It was then they knew he must be trained.

A grown man now, young... barely twenty... always a sprite of a lad, he is whip-thin and wiry, topping out at a mere 5'7". White-blonde hair, his father's one gift to him; eyes called icy-blue match his mother's, his often dancing with mercurial warmth.

Self-contained, though frequently full of mischief and humor. Learned in chirurgeoning and herbalism, as well as his energy based healing power, finding his own way.

Julien's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Journal   Julien's Journal IconbSun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Saturday

It has been nearly a week, now, that I have been officially inducted into the Royal Order of Healers. I still haven't taken it all in, entirely.

The ceremony was exceptionally ponderous and full of portents. I now have a rather interesting robe and cowl to symbolize my position. I must find a way to display it appropriately. And untouchabley.

I have received a remarkable amount of gifts from those who attended my ceremony. I can only hope I live up to people's faith in me. And that I can find someone to help me translate the runes on the amber slab that Tynk the builder brought. Confounded thing.

My rooms are now officially over-full, as Leah had my things forwarded directly to the castle. Easier, if rather cramped, to keep them here, rather than send them on to the Inn and then fetch them again when the Tower is completed. May that be soon.

The days have gotten quite cold, the nights even colder. I think I shall start taking on the duty of city visits, double check the health and welfare of those still displaced by the earthquake. I think Leah must have overseen the supplement and packing of my herb stocks. There was more than enough to make countless sachets for teas, salves and poultices to hand out, with much left over for those who seek me out. I've taken the liberty of requisitioning a stockpile of extra blankets to bring out to the city with me. I'm certain those shelters and temporary safe houses can always use more.

I worry a little that I might be overreaching my duties and allowances by the crown, but I recall my oath made... and I know what I do is acceptable.

Yule approaches, I think this is the first in many years that I'm truly looking forward. My sister will be visiting soon, her gift is already set thanks to Earl Darkrose. I must find one still for Mum, and possibly a few more for friends.

JSE
Back to top Go down
JulienEvermore

JulienEvermore

Julien's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Julien's Journal   Julien's Journal IconbWed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Tuesday

First journal entry after returning to my birth land.

Been a busy several weeks. My instinct to return was accurate, the damage done by the shaken earth was even more than I had anticipated, more than my dreams suggested. Homes, livelihoods lost. So many passed on, many lost even after they were brought to the Healers. Have to remember we can help only so much. Then it is up to the body to heal... or not, should the earth choose to take a person back into her embrace.

The stream of wounded, sickened or otherwise incapacitated from the earthquake has slowed significantly, the worst cases should be well enough soon to go home or be moved to a central location.Can't speak much of those still out in the city refusing treatment. Must remember to make some trips out to see who needs help still.

I was reminded at Court this evening that winter is coming swiftly, and with it the worry of sickness, exposure and all that comes of those. With so many still displaced and homeless, those sicknesses and injuries will be major and definite, rather than small possibilities. Must remember things to be done and discuss with those more skilled and important than I.

Have requested the last of my things be sent from Leighlinbridge. Hopefully the Healer's wing will be finished by the time they get here, so I have rooms of my own ready to receive them. Must ask Mum if I can store them at the Inn, should there be a need.

Have spoken with those in authority about formalizing my place here within the Healer's division. It feels like the right thing now, somehow I suppose I always knew my path would bring me back here. Never been cut out for landlording or lord of the manor. Now to convince Leah to move her business down here and mother to let the manor and lands pass to the tenant farmers. They serve only themselves anyway. They care more for it than we ever could.

Before the heavy snow falls, I must remember to take up the invitation to visit New Kurast. Learned they have an extensive library I should like to lose myself in for awhile. Mental note: always look up when going through doors there. Something might jump on you.

-JSE

Winter preparations to do:
-Raid mother's garden for winter herbs.
-!! Speak with Duchess Ashly and Master Herbalist... Meeookee? about a castle hothouse - do we have or can we? - ideas, plans, current herb stores, things to hoard
-Announcements to the populace in marketplaces, village centers, far-runners to the temporary settlements reminding of proper preparations - can this be done? - where shelter can be found, where food can be found

Winter sicknesses and injuries and possible treatments:
basic list, remember to look for more options

Chillblains: Salve of calendula leaf on the worst affected areas, a blend of aloe and rose hip oil for the lesser

Exposure and cold shock: Tincture of yarrow and elderflower, every 4 hours until chills cease.
Specific rooms kept perpetually warm, extra clothes and blankets on hand for the worst cases.
Warm tea and soup on hand.
Victims must stay awake until body temperature normalizes - music? books read to them?

Fever: Linden herb tea with honey
Change sweat soaked sheets and robes regularly to avoid the chills

Influenza: Tea of elderflowers, rosemary and peppermint leaves, elderberries added to food

Heavy cough: Thyme, sage, hyssop leaves (small amounts only!) - in food or made into teas
thyme tea with honey
sage and hyssop tea
horehound, mint distillations

Head cold - Chervil in food, as tea or chewed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Julien's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Journal   Julien's Journal Iconb

Back to top Go down

Julien's Journal
Page 1 of 1