Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleriaGalleria  Latest imagesLatest images  SoluriusSolurius  DMoSDMoS  HealersHealers  CourtiersCourtiers  ApplicationsApplications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
« Farewell Banquet Oct 10-13, 2014! «» Write your characters ending! »

Latest topics
» DrachenFyre
Kyriah's Journal IconbFri May 24, 2019 11:52 am by DrachenFyre

» NEW HORIZONS
Kyriah's Journal IconbSat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm by LadySheehan

» Kyriah! Demon-Slayer!
Kyriah's Journal IconbFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm by XvXKyriahXvX

» Healer's Training Never Ends
Kyriah's Journal IconbThu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm by LadySheehan

» Dish Network Troubleshooting Second Tv
Kyriah's Journal IconbTue May 14, 2013 1:33 am by Guest

SOLURIUS ROOMS
* Denotes AOL room
All others are AIM
Grand Hall *
The Key & Crown Tavern *
The Peacock & Raven Inn *
Ales 'n Tales Tavern *
Bards and Bannocks Inn *
Gardens
Solurius Ballroom
Joust Arena
Oakley Court Downs
Emerald Cove
Savage Winds
Meldrum Forest
Induction Chamber

Kyriah's Journal

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Fifteenth Day of April in the Year of our Quenn 1469   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

An unusual occurrance for Kyriah, but with purpose, she would pull her journal from its hiding place, though it was the middle of the day instead of the end. She sat at her small table beside the french doors, and as she opened the jar of ink and pulled her quill out, she would note how beautiful the ink reflected the rays of the sun that came through the door.

I am a bit excited and apprehensive as I am to joust tonight for the first time. I must admit, I have never really given the sport a chance, so therefore, I have held no interest. She stopped a moment and smiled nerviously. I guess there are many things I never pictured myself doing before that I have somehow found a place for it it in my life. As a DMoS warrior, I have decided it is what is best to give this event a try. She dipped the quill once more as her smile broadened. Perhaps it will come about that I am not too bad at it. Afterall, if I can defeat a demon, surely I can stay upon a horse and hit a target.

She looked out the window then back to the journal. Mother has been gone now for over a week. I am worried for her as it seems our enemy still lurks among us. Aly has been attacked and Bethany. I cannot believe this coward attacks only the women with the exception of Aly's men on the ship. Not only those that hold power aye, but it would seem that power is not so much the motive. Or at least, our enemy would have us believe. I cannot help but wonder if Bethany was a ploy to confuse us. Thank the Gods all still breathe. Still, the leader of such acts must truly be the worst kind of coward. I should be honored to stand against such a coward if it is only women he can defeat. Should I not win against him, he will at least know the warriors of Solurius stand united, be they women or men, and will not let such haneous crimes go undefeated. I know mother can stand her ground as well as any but I fear this enemy's element of surprise is the only reason he has gotten as far as he has. I will pray she is protected.

I have not seen Aly but once in court since her attack and it was not a good eve to discuss the issue. I remain loyal to my duties to the DMoS and to SeaCrest. Still, I will look to the most expedient and convenient time to meet with Aly. I know there is more I could be doing if only she will grant the leniency.

She stopped writing once more as the butterflies in her stomach flared slightly. Well, I shall now prepare for the joust. I do hope I am good at it, I do not lose well.

With that, she would put away the writing utensils and the journal and began her routine to ready herself for the joust. There was no way for her to know, she would never reach her destination this night.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Twenty-Fifth of March in the Year of our Queen 1469   Kyriah's Journal IconbThu Mar 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Kyriah had been in a sullen mood all day. Or though it might have appeared to those around her. In reality, Kyriah was on edge. Now at the end of the day, she felt it noteworthy and would draw her journal from its hiding place. Dousing the quill in the ink, she would carefully think her words through before penning them.

I am worried today. Perhaps apprehensive is a better term. I am not sure why though. The lands prosper, the people prosper and yet, something is not right. She thought before continuing. It has been awhile now since I have ... felt ... evil in my presence. And I must say, I do not miss it. Yet, walking from the back stalls to the castle today, I felt my stomach tighten and my spine straighten. My nostrils told me to be alert and cautious for something dark lingered in the air. She shivered slightly remembering the emotion it brought. I peered around but found nothing. And then it was gone. I can only think that perhaps I was imagining the dark presence. Kyriah would redip the quill before continuing once more. At least I pray that was the case.

I think of what happened to the Queen and I wonder. Aly said she killed the man yet the danger is no less. I figure, if there is another behind it, it made it only worse. Whoever would attempt such a treacherous act upon our royals, would most likely be angry by the failure and more determined than ever. But why would someone wish to kill Queen Meldrum? Such a fine woman. She is a kind and generous Queen and accepting of all who come in good faith. More precious to our King than ... Kyriah thought about her next words and shivered slightly. Maybe from the cold in the room or maybe from realization. Perhaps it is not the Queen they are after...perhaps it is the King. But again, for what reason? Because he is a King?

Kyriah put the quill down for a moment and sat in the glow of the hearth with her head in her hands. After a few moments, she picked it up once more.

I will speak with Aly about this. Maybe I can help shed some light on the mystery. Maybe I can not. But I have to try and help stop this heretic from hurting anyone else. We all have to help make it stop.

With that, Kyriah would return her jounal to its hiding place, kiss her angel once more and retire for the evening. But Kyriah would find no rest in her sleep for as she drifted to unconsciousness, the evil dark would come to invade her sleep and Kyriah would find herself once again, fighting demons.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: The Second Day of March in the year of our Queen 1469   Kyriah's Journal IconbTue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Kyriah came in from watching the horse races at Oakley Downs and was not yet ready for sleep. She had wanted to see Angelina's smile and hold her close, for she found such comfort in that particular motherly task but Angelina was sleeping peacefully and Kyriah did not have the heart to wake her. Instead, she lightly kissed her Angel's cheek, tucked the covers a bit higher up to make sure she kept warm, then quietly she moved to her own space.

Once in the room she would take out her quill and hidden journal and slowly let the thoughts begin to speak.

The days slowly grow longer though spring is still a few moon cycles away. It is hard to fathom what all the people of this duchy have accomplished in a year's time.

The King's road was luckily finished before the hardest of snows settled in and the expansion of the stables as well. The new docks are now nearly completed where the fire had its way but they are sturdier than ever now. They only need the sealing coat for protection and they shall be complete. Such fine woodwork was performed.

I realize that I am very lucky to have such a prosperous duchy entrusted to me by the Admiral, but there are so many thoughts in my mind of how to help her grow, help us grow as a people. It is a time of invention, of trail-blazing, of making ideas and dreams into reality. A time to build and strengthen our lands. It is evident everywhere you travel in Solurius. A time of change and growth that brings excitement, hardship, problematic hurdles and peace of mind, ingenuity and common sense. And I wish to be a part of it all!

Kyriah would put her pen down, smile and sip on a glass of wine that she had poured before starting. The fire danced for her casting shadows upon the wall but as their had always been an expectance of shadow demons lurking, there was none this night. All was right, well, all but her missing father. She thought a moment then continued to pen.

Mother is writing for the Solurian Herald now. I know she enjoys it and from the small talk about, those that read have indeed enjoyed the fruits of her labor. The ill spirits of the greater part of SeaCrest have diminished to an unusually low number. Most have had a touch of the winter sickness but not serious and quickly quieted. I think she is very happy to be in a place where she can do what she is fated and loves to do. Though her stories of her life before coming back are very exciting and intriguing, I think she is happiest at peace. If only father could be here to complete her life...our family.

With that, Kyriah would close her ink and journal and slip the journal back to its hiding place. She sighed and settled onto her bed, looking out the french doors to the darkened, starless sky. To no one but herself, she spoke softly. "The snows will fall again on Friday. I am sure of it."
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: The thirtieth day of december in the year of our queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbWed Dec 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Kyriah had finally convinced Aisling that she was sure Diana would approve of her returning to her work as she felt she could. Aisling permitted her several hours worth and then made her promise she would rest. She now had come to her room to rest as Angelina napped with her. Unable to sleep, she carefully got up and pulled her journal from its hiding. With quill and ink, she sat at the small table, next to the fireplace and glanced to the falling snow outside the window before beginning her entry.

It seems a lifetime ago since I have written words upon these pages. So much has come to pass that I know not where to begin.

She sighed in deep thought then began to write again.

The quest that father and I departed for is very fuzzy in my mind. I remember meeting things and creatures along the way. They were perplexing and loyal to the Crimson King. I remember the cold, barron lands. The type of cold that slowly seeps deep into your bones and robs you of your warmth little by little. I remember approaching the Crimson King's castle only to be informed by rather strange creatures that the evil had left. I don't remember anything else after that. If only I could...If only I could remember what happened.

Papa did not return with me. I do not know how I got back. I only know...or sense that a great battle took place and though I am not sure, I feel we were the victor. I feel...more than I was. Perhaps others would just call me addle-minded.

She dipped the quill and leaned back for a few minutes, then forward as she wrote more.

Mother was here when I returned but I am thinking it was only by the blessing of the light that she is. Amazingly enough, she is whole. No amulet controls her existance. And she is housing the renewed phoenix within which I believe has given her the power of health and healing more than she will admit. She is very beautiful and youthful and seems to be regenerated. But there is a sadness in her eyes without father here.

Again she stopped, sipped her now only warm tea and then continued.

Now that I am fit to return, slowly as it may be, to my tasks, I am excited to proceed with plans made long ago and to make happen plans anew. The people here surprised me with their outpouring of affection and concern when I returned. I was quite speechless. But I realize they look to me for leadership and I shall not disappoint them. Though my staff did an excellent job of running things in my absence, I shall be elated to oversee SeaCrest's progress once again.

I shall meet with the royals at their leisure and update them on what has been done and what is yet to come with their blessing. It is time to move on in my life.

She stopped here and examined her internal thoughts before wrapping up her entry.

I cannot explain it, but I don't think evil will invade upon my life for a while. I am not sure why but I feel there has been a shift and for maybe the time being, we, the Reinhardt's are safe. Perhaps even papa, whereever he might be. I miss him. I only hope the light is with him wherever his path took him.

She cleared her throat from the momentary emotion, then put her journal away. She lay back down on the bed and gently touched Angelina's soft cheek. The child absently smiled in her sleep and Kyriah would smile back at her. Finally closing her eyes, she rested.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Upon this day in the seventh month, 12th day in the year of our Queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Kyriah found herself back in her room at the castle. Her father had wanted to scream at her for going after Archer but he held his tongue and his anger. Instead she could see relief in his eyes at her safe return. Though his way to her was rather cold. It would pass but until then, Kyriah would carry a bit of humbleness each time she looked into his eyes for she could not stand to have him angered at her. Now safe at home and with her daughter sleeping in her crib next to her, she would pull the hidden journal from its place and put her thoughts to record once more.

It has been four months since last I recorded within this leather binding. So much had occurred, I scarely know where to begin. A child is born. A beautiful girl. Though her birth was no so beautiful, nor was it a single birth. To even think of it now gives me quivers upon my spine. My daughter was born first, and what an angel she is. Her eyes are the most vivid pure blue, like none I have ever seen. Her face is flawless and skin as soft and fair as that of the angels. I believe her hair will be golden as it grows to cover her head. I had no idea I could feel this way about another for though I had not given thought to children, I do not know what I would do without her now. She depends upon me and it is truly what is called a labor of love. I will protect her always.

Kyriah would smile and reach over with her free hand to lightly brush a finger against the sleeping childs cheek. A mother's smile would break upon Kyriah's lips. Then slowly, she turned back to her writing.

Unfortunately, the child was not the only life given in the bowels of the edge of hell. Another child, a male. Even now I cannot describe the horror this creature displayed. A mutant like his father though much stronger than Vladamer ever thought of being. If only Vladamer had realized it to be true. The child takes the form of a spider often and when in child form, his hair is cold black and eyes crimson red with pallid skin. There is no good within him. And his growth was at such an alarming rate that in the short time it took for Mother, my daughter and myself to escape that realm of the damned, he had taken the appearance of a toddler. Thank goodness his sister is not of his world for she has shown little of such a growth. I watched this evil child kill and eat his father and then turn his sights upon me, mother and my daughter. Of course I could not let that happen. It took much effort but we managed to escape through the only door from Vlad's black kingdom to Solurius. I have plans to return when my strength is has returned completely and destroy this portal. The male I gave birth to will not destroy my world or those I love...I will not let this happen.

She pulled a light blanket around her shoulders for the mere thought of the past and possibilities of the future would cast a cold feeling deep within her bones. She sipped on her hot tea a moment then redipped the quill in the ink and continued.

When Mother, myself and my sweet angel returned to SeaCrest, I found that father had banned Archer from ever stepping foot upon our land again. I was furious. I had so many questions for I was taken by Vlad's flying goons right after I learned that Archer is not brother Nathaniel. He was another who only chose to present himself as such. This looked very bad for him and that is why father banned him. He does not trust Archer and I suppose for good reason if judged by his past actions. But I...I see something different in him. I do not think his goal is to hurt me or my family. Perhaps at one time but no longer. Father refuses to listen. But upon my return and the regaining of my strength, I did as my father bade me not to, and set out to find him. What I did find was but only slightly less horrifying than Vlad's domain. The coven of the sisters and here within our own beloved Solurius. Vampires of sorts though they posed as nurses. And they nursed to a hord of bugs known as doctors. Though the bugs were really more of the light than dark for they truly could heal injury and ill but they could also rip a body of its skin and flesh within mere moments. Very unusual they were. And of course, this is where I found Archer. It took many weeks and we saw many things I shall not speak of again but we made it back safely. Only Archer will not defy my father and would not return to NightWind with me. But her is out there, and I miss him terribly. I will try to find him again soon for I yearn to see his face once more, to feel his kiss. One that I actually want to feel.

Again she paused and listen to the soft breathing and squeaky noises her darling child made as she slept. She sat back and sipped her tea for several minutes before picking up the quill once more.

Now that I am home again, I shall send birth announcement to the royals and citizentry of Solurius, announcing the birth of my daughter. I shall not speak of her twin for he is trapped in the underworld and I will do all in power to make sure he never surfaces into this world for if he does, I shall be forced to take the life of the monster I gave life too. Damn Vladamer's soul for eternity. Soon I will seal the entrance into this world forever and he will fade into the darkness he comes from.

Tomorrow I will speak to my advisors of the business at hand in SeaCrest and soon to Michael about the opening of a moneyhouse. The lands are thriving, the stables are growing in popularity and the shipping lanes are busy with import and export. The shipyards run day and night in the building of crafts and the markets are full of both vendors and buyers. Could it be that a normal life yet waits for me and my family? We can only pray.

Hail the land of Solurius and hail to the majesties that rule over her.

With that, Kyriah would blow gently on the parchment of the journal until the ink dried then closed and locked it and put it away. She would finish her tea then kiss her daughter's forehead.

"You now have a name my precious child, you are Angelina ((little angel)) Maria Reinhardt. May you live long and serve the light as your mother before you and her mother before her. Sleep well my child."
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Eleventh Day of the Fourth Month in the year of Queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSat Apr 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Kyriah had spent the better portion of the day with her advisors, going over the progress going on in SeaCrest. She had enough now to build a summary and report it back to the royals. Finally settled in her room, Kyriah would sit at the small writing table before the crackling, melodic fire and with quill in hand, she would open her journal once again.

SeaCrest is taking on a new face. The stable construction has presented itself to be a bigger project than first I had thought. More costly than even my advisors had predicted. Still, they are all in agreement that the quality will pay off in the long run and that cutting costs would jeapordize the quality of the project. I am in agreement as well though one cannot look into the future to know they are right so we will have to wait and see. I find myself more drawn to ownership of SeaCrest with each passing month. I had no idea that I would have such a sense of business about me but it seems to come easily. Who would have thought?

Kyriah chuckled at that for it was true, she had not thought much of herself past being a demon slayer and yet now she was a Baroness and not a bad one at that in her opinion, though she knew she still had much to learn. She looked back to the journal.

Father and mother and little Layne have returned to SeaCrest from Shadowfall. I was a bit surprised to see Mother had returned with Papa, but no so much. Of the memories I do have of my parents from my earliest years, all are rooted in the love they hold for each other. I suppose it shall be eternal between them. I do not try to understand, only rejoice for my father for this is what he stated he wanted. But I cannot help but sense something...perhaps its nothing...but a little something is not right between them. If not, I am sure it is Mother's doing.

Kyriah would sit back and stare at the fire as she sipped on a cup of hot tea. One of Aisling's instructed rituals. A few more sips and she would take up the quill, dip it in the ink and once more put words to the journal.

Aly returned and began to act very strange. It seems her and mother are still at odds over what occurred between father and Aly. I do not condone or condemn for it is not of my affair, however, I did feel obligated to try and patch things between Aly, whom I feel so very close to, and mother and father. So I had Betty cook an excellent meal, serve it in the gardens and invited Aly to join us. It was a disaster.

Aly acted very strangely as she attacked mother with her words. Mother of course would respond and then both of them ended up leaving the table before dinner was completed. Father did nothing, as if it was something that had to happen. But I worried for Aly the most for it seemed she was not herself. Other things seemed off beat as well. For good reason for it seemed Aly was infected by a shard of the Devil's crystal. She began to change into a demonic existance. If it were not for Troya and the one called Blade, that makes Aly smile so much, I do not know what would have happened. I was explaining to the Queen, Aly's plight when I was pulled into the past into Camelot.

There, Troya instructed me to use my energy to encase Aly while Blade, the one that makes Aly smile, rendered her still. Then Troya removed the shard. It was an amazing rescue and I cannot help but notice this act of kindness from Troya. Aly is much better now, though there are slight changes. I have decided if she and mother are to patch things up, it shall be through their own actions. I shall not interfere.

Kyriah would once again lay her quill aside and sip her tea. A thumping in her abdomen would cause her to put a hand to its location. She would rub slightly until the thumping calmed. The warmth of the fire and soft glow of the room, combined with the tea was making her sleepy. But the thought of sleep was not comforting. Then she continued her writing.

I am greatly disturbed when the night time comes. I have been visited by Vladamer once again. At least I think I have. Yes I am sure of it. Only he comes in my dreams. He pulled me to the underground once again and I must say, I fear he may forfeit his seed within me before it is born for exchange of my life. Or so it feels. He informed me that there are two lives within me, not one. His anger was very evident and he insinuated that one shall be killed to leave only one in power in his ludicrous and demonic plan for the future.

Kyriah would touch her swollen mid section once more then continue.

I think perhaps it would be best if neither survived. I think of it often. Still, Vlad forced what I thought was excellent cuisine down my throat only to realize that it was not what it seemed. For when James found me in the forrest and awaken me from my sleep, I was covered in blood and had obviously killed a fawn, by ripping its throat open. It turns my stomach to know that I had gorged myself upon the raw red meat and drank the warm blood all upon a state of unawareness. It made me so very sick to realize this. But odder than that is that I find now in my waking hours that nothing satifies my appetite...I think I want....

Kyriah did not finish the sentence. It would turn her stomach just to think upon it. She hesitated then once again put quill to parchment to finish up her thoughts on a more positive note.

James actually hugged me and brought me home from the forrest. He actually talked to me but just a few words. He made sure I was taken care of and then he took me to the library where mother has set him up. I didn't think he would agree but mother somehow convinced him it was much better than the bowels of the castle. He loves to draw and feels comfortable I think in the library. Once there, he let me know that he wanted me to sit so he could draw me. It took such little time and yet when the picture was complete, I was so totally amazed. His talent is very evident and his love for art unmistakable. The likeness of the picture to myself was incredible. Though something is quite amiss with his talent for he drew a lily in my hair and lo and behold, a lily was actually in my hair though I did not put it there nor do I know where it came from. I shall talk to him more of this soon.

I have grown in size rather rapidly with the babe or babes within, should that be true, and I am sleeping more than usual only I do not feel rested. Mother says it is the demonic blood that causes the rapid growth of the life within. I am disgusted at what it is doing to my body yet...it moves...or they move...and that is something I cannot describe upon this parchment. I cannot help but be amazed. But I fear what will take place in the months to come.

Kyriah would finally put her quill down, place the stopper back in the ink bottle and lightly blow upon the parchment to dry the ink. Once done, she would close the journal, re hide it then pick up the picture James had drawn of herself and sit in the oversized cushioned chair before the fire, drawing her feet up and laying her head against the soft velvet covering. Staring into the picture wondering who, in truth, the woman was looking back at her.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Twendy-second day of March in the year of our queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Kyriah found herself sleeping very late in the morning, for the sun had risen and already warmed the chill from the air, leaving a beautiful warm, day in it's wake. Well, warm for the time of year anyway. Kyriah rarely in her life slept after the sun's appearance and even more rarely until near noon. The subtle changes and the more dramatic that were occurring within her added to a burden that was surmounting. She hated not being in control of these changes. She hated what it represented and feared what might come. Still, she could not change it at the moment. So she endured and allowed just a little curiosity as each day it was something new.

She rose from her bed and stretched then robed herself and went to the french doors that opened onto the terrace of the master bedroom. Opening the doors, she stepped out to look out over the lands and ocean. The sun warm upon her face. After a few moments, she would return inside and pull from it's hiding place, her journal, quill and ink and sat down to record her thoughts once more.

No word from Shadowfall has me worried. I cannot imagine what is occurring there but I am sure it is not pleasant. I know the situation must be grave for I do know what Mother shall do. It would seem that there would be dire consequences to any decision she might make. Trajan has changed much since they first met and even I must admit that he has come a very long way back to rediscover his humanity. Mother being a large influence to that. Yet I have to wonder if he has come far enough to survive losing her, should she choose to come back with father. And if not, will father be able to accept that. Hopefully Aly has found father in time. I wish news would come soon. Til then I will pray to the light for them all.

The quill would be dipped once more in the ink as she thought a moment.

It would seem that the demon Troya and I, have found common ground once more. I thought hard upon Aly's words, advising me that the Demon truly did wish my success when in battle with the dark. I think he really wishes no harm to befall me for he has gifted me with two new weapons. Impressive, each in their own. The first, a sword. Through demonstration, he showed me that the dagger is powerful against demonic entities for it gave him such a jolt when he put his touch to it. He told me if placed into the head of a demon so that it pierced the brain, it would be fatal to said demon. It will be helpful in places where the light cannot be called upon. The runes upon it's blade, most likely whisper its name but I do not know the language. Perhaps I shall seek one of such knowledge for I feel it important to know the name the sword was forged in.

The other is a ring. Again through demonstration, he showed that no other could touch the ring. Well only those with angel blood he said. When I placed it upon my finger, no jolt took me. I just cannot believe that the blood of angel's runs through me. How could it be? When father returns, I shall see if he has an idea of how such could be. I was so sure Troya was wrong about that but I have little to argue with the ring being proof. Troya has not told me all of what the ring or the sword will do for he says I must learn of their use to forge the bond. I shall do so as I can. I have a feeling, Troya may not come to me so freely in the future for the darkest of his soul, Tyr, would see me dead should the chance arise. Troya has prevented such thus far but I do not think he fully controls the darker demon. I think it could endanger us both for there is sure to be an inevitable conflict between us. I do not think I would enjoy such for as much as I have fought it, I care for him and do not wish to see him extinguished. I shall have to be very careful around him.

She put the quill down and thought how good a cup of hot tea would be and perhaps a bit of hard bread and cheese. Then picked up the quill, dipped it in the ink and added a few more lines.

James took it upon himself to retreat to the bowels of the castle because of the reaction of my staff to him. It breaks my heart but I can hardly lay blame upon the staff. James does look frieghtening to most. Though I still see the good in him and know that within his heart, he is still the essence of goodness. So much must have happened to him for he no longer eats meat. He cannot tell me why as his language is very limited but I am not so sure I wish to know anyway. He does like fruit though and we will find more I am sure that will please his palate. I will make time to work with him everyday for I fear he may not live much longer with the pain that racks him within his head. The tumors are still growing.

Kyriah sighed then tried to push the pain connected to James down deeper inside. Then once again she put quill to parchment.

The stables will move very quickly now in the expansion for the days have become more agreeable for such work. I will monitor them carefully. The work on the docks and the port will begin soon as well. I need to enlarge the shipping lanes for soon the import and export of the equines will increase. I need to speak with the other horse breeders soon but time is so limited with all that is going on now. Still, I shall make more of an effort.

The roads are coming along nicely from Stone Point to the other villiages and ports. The men are just now reaching NightWind Keep and I can tell that they take pride in this new adventure of the Kings and fine job they have done. Michael mentioned to me that we should speak about the money house that he and the King have come to terms on. I find this interesting and cannot wait to speak with him on how this will work and where we should build.

SeaCrest is alive and growing once again. I only hope I can keep it so and protect it's people. They are good people and deserve a good life. I just don't know if I am the one to give them that with always being pursued by the likes of Vladamer and his kin. I guess time will tell.

Finally, she would put the quill away, cork the ink and then push her breath over the last of the words written to dry them, before closing it, and putting it away once more. Then she was off to dress to start her day, or perhaps her afternoon.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Fourtenth Day of March in the year of our Queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSat Mar 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Kyriah arrived at NightWind and her anger at the demon for his taunting her in the Ales & Tales, in front of many of the Moorisians and guests alike, had began to cool in the breeze of the night wind. By the time she found the hearth of her own bedroom, she could logically review the night and think things through. With a slab of near raw beef before her on a plate, and a glass of red wine at her hand, she pulled the diary from its hiding spot once more. She needed to get her thoughts down once again. She sipped her wine then picked up the quill and dipped it in the ink well and placed it to paper.

I was surprised to see Mother, Trajan and Layne a few days after my return. It seems mother was worried for me. Though I feel she came for more than just that. We spoke an she gave me more information on what to do during the pregnancy. What she does not understand is that I hate this thing that grows within my womb. I should welcome its termination should it come. But I know that this will not happen lest my own death shall occur. So I carry the child and have found to be a slave to such. I find myself ill quite often and ravenously hungry for raw meat the rest of the time. It hard to believe that it grows so quickly. I can already see the pooch of the child's growth.

Mother disappeared for a day while she was here and when she came back, Trajan and her left immediately, taking Layne and returning to NightWind. Then to my surprise, Father showed up. I wonder if he was here when Mother was here and if that is where she had gone for the day. I was so happy to see Father and we spent some wonderful moments together. Even Aly came to visit as well. It was nice up til I had to leave their company due to this curse within me making me so violently ill.

I awoke to father bathing my brow with a cool towel. I was shocked when he ask if I was with child, stating he had seen the signs in Mother on more than one occassion. I was ashamed to tell him but I cannot lie to him. He was furious. So furious perhaps that it rattled his brain for he suddenly, in his moments of comforting me, admitted to loving Mother still and that he was going to win her back. Then he promised he would return and we would see to this problem growing within me by seeking out and destroying Vladamer.

I reminded him that Mother was fixing to marry Trajan but the look in his eyes was enough to tell me that it mattered not. Only that urgency was needed. My father deserves happiness and obviously it is Mother that gives him that. How could I not help him? I took him to Bear Valley, to the hidden portalto Shadowfall and with the bob that Papa still kept, I opened the portal and he went through. I am still amazed at how I opened the portal. It is an amazing process and yet it works. Papa's promise, as he stepped through, was to return regardless of what happens in Shadowfall and to make me promise I would not follow. I did so very reluctantly. I cannot imagine what will come from this. Trajan will not allow this, I am sure of it. Still I pray for his safety.

I went to the Ales & Tales to inform Aly that Papa had gone after Mother. She was quite worried as well. But while there, the Demon began to prod me. At first I would not give him the satisfaction but he let known things I did not wish known and he chided me as a foolish girl and an idiot and I could not hold my anger back any longer. I landed a foot into his midsection, having had enough. Of course, it would not do any real damage to him but I am sure it was not a pleasant experience. But somehow, Troya would use that against me too. My blood was near boil and knowing Aly was not pleased with what was taking place, I let him know he was not worth my time and fled the tavern. Of course coward was his parting word to me.

Aly caught up to me outside though. I could not believe she would take up for that monster. She said that he truly cared what happened to me and only angered me to get me mad enough to set out to kill Vladamer. He seems too determined to not let this child happen. Though I think there is more to it than he is telling anyone. He must fear this child's birth for he is adament in making me terminate Vlad and therefore the child. I was so very angry at Troya for a moment there that I think I could have killed him had circumstances been different. But now as I think upon it, perhaps Aly was right. Maybe it was just a show. He confuses me. It all confuses me. I may have a temper but I have always been able to control it should I wish or need to. But for that moment, I couldn't.

Kyriah would sip the wine and take another bite of the bloody, seered meat. Then once again, she would pick up the quill.

I do so worry for father. I know no good will come of this. There will be casualties I am sure of it. I dare not think upon it much for I have given my word I would not interfere. For now, I can only wait...and pray to the light that he comes back soon and in one piece.

She would pause a moment and sip the last of her wine and look into the flames of the hearth. Then drawing a breath, she would put pen to paper once more.

I need to speak with Aly. I think she feels responsible somehow for the wrath that Vlad has put upon me. I do not understand it and I need to. Aly has been my rock prior to this quest and still stays very close to my heart. I do not think I have told her that. Perhaps I will go to her tomorrow and see if she will dine with me.

With that, Kyriah would clean the quill with a light cloth and put the stopper back in the ink well and blowing lightly on the words on the paper to make sure they were dry, she would close it up and place it away. Leaving her plate, with most of the meat eaten, on the table, she would wonder out of her room and down the call where she rapped upon the door of the room James occupied. She would check to make sure he was okay before retiring, with lucky at her feet, to her own bed.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Day of March in the year of our Queen, 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSat Mar 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Once Kyriah had taken her hot bath and washed away the dirt, the dark and the hurt of the quest just ended, she would set upon putting her thoughts to parchment before any of it faded from her mind. As if this was possible. It was so hard for her to believe that after leaving right after Vladamer had kidnapped James, she found she had come back to have only been gone from SeaCrest for 2 days. Yet Aly and her had been gone what seemed like months. It was hard to grasp the realism of time warping between alternate worlds as well as the complete confusion of time in the underworld. Yet in this world, in her home, only two days had passed. She picked up the quill and dipped it in the black ink to put to paper a record of what had gone down in the rescue of Captain James Napier - aka "Pirate".

My heart nearly stopped when Vladamer took James that night in the barn. He was furious with me. He wanted an alliance with me and of course, I refused. Before I could even finish my refusal to him, he took James with the promise that James would pay with horrible tortuous acts in hell until I changed my mind. I felt so helpless. He is such a powerful demon..or looking back now, perhaps not, perhaps I was only fooled into thinking so. Either way, Aly agreed to assist me to bring him back. We left to find Shadowfall first for I knew if anyone would know how to get him back, it would be Trajan. I must say, the admiral and I do well together in battle. Almost as if we could read each other's next move. Once we managed to defeat the protective wards that guarded the entrance to Shadowfall, we pursuaded Trajan to help us but in the deal, my mother set out with us as well. The road was very rough getting to Shadowfall but once we convinced Trajan to join us, then is when it got really interesting and most difficult. Our quest became a quest of keys. Keys to portals that led to the underworld and James.

Kyriah would stop a moment and recall their trek to save James. There were moments she would not include in this writing but they were still fresh in her memories. She dipped and inked once more.

There were many adventures to be had and to describe them all here would take more energy than I hold this night. I shall make this brief in order to get the most important facts down. There are many strange worlds in which everything is different from what we know. I didn't believe it until this quest was taken. But I did see things I have never seen and shall probably never see again. People who dress very differently, animals that should most likely never roam the lands we know.

She had to smile as she looked down to Lucky. Her knewly acquired pet from one of the worlds they visited. She met Lucky in the first world they visited and the creature had taken to her. And then shown up everywhere they went, staying close to her. Kyriah had become quite fond of the doggish type animal. Though dog would not describe it well. She would rub the top of the head of Lucky who twilled at her and barked her name softly in response then she began to write again.

The most amazing mode of transportation that took us through the worlds was a transport that I heard Trajan call a train. It looked like a silver metal carriage only not really carriage like. I never did figure out how it was fueled and made to go. It could have been a live creature in itself as it talked to all of us. And once inside......it.....I cannot describe it. It was like the outside disappeared and we could see all of what we passed. As if we rode in thin air. Amazing it was. I think even the most highest Mage Helgraz would have been impressed. Then we stopped and were damned lucky to have our lives in the process. But we did. Trajan seemed to know what and where we were but perhaps I misunderstood. It's hard to tell with that demon warrior for he is far beyond wise about alternate worlds. It seems we ended up in Nystaline. The birth place of my father it seems. The people there were intrigued (to be delicate) to find I was a Reinhardt. They wished me to give them a child so they could have a Reinhardt in power once more and bring life and peace back to their lands. Of course that did not set well with me and at my refusal, the fight was on. Such a battle it was but Aly and Trajan.....they were amazing. We picked up a stranger along the way. I felt I knew him but could not recall. What a fool I felt like to learn that it was my father. So many here will not believe me for father has been long accepted as dead. I did not know him until we left Nystaline and traveled once more to another world.

Kyriah stopped again to gather her thoughts. She smiled thinking of her father. She had never expected to have him in her life after his departure from this world. And her mother had told her he had ascended to the light to lead the warrior angels. Yet there he was, in her life once more. Another smile and then she put quill to parchment once more.

He looks so very young. He wore a wide brimmed hat pulled down over his eyes and a long coat like none I have ever seen. And weapons.......the most amazing weapons at his hips. Guns of some sort. So much shiny silver to cover them. And they would make much noise each time it was fired. Small metal elongated balls feed it...bullets..I think they were called. The train we traveled on had this shape, come to think upon it. Anyway, everyone it seemed knew who he was but me. When finally he was revealed to me, I was so overjoyed that tears were shed. I never dreamed I would see him again and yet, The Light has given me this gift. With his help, Trajan, Aly, Papa, me and Mother moved on. Trajan was a great help in finding the last keyand Papa knew where the portal was.

Kyriah thought about all that had happened and purposely left out most of it for there were some things that could not be put to words upon paper. She yawned and sipped the wine at her left hand before once again dipping the quill and putting it to parchment.

The night I discovered that my father lived, and felt such overwhelming joy, turned very ugly for Vladamer got very tired of waiting for us to come and instead came and took me. Just like that, he snatched me from the world we stood as I was making my way back to Aly, Trajan and Mother. I believe now, that the place he took me was the underworld itself, protected within his dwelling for I had not trouble breathing and did not feel as if to suffocate at any moment. Still, he stole me from my group and though I will not go into detail here, the DemonLord managed to put me at a disadvantage. He stated James would be returned to me, alive only if I struck a bargain with him. Not an alliance as he had offered before but one with a much higher price to pay. I fought him as best I could with my own demands but was overpowered for he had James and knew it was his bargaining tool. The alliance he demanded was one of blood. A child. A child that is based in the light yet fertilized by the seed of his own demonic, dark loins. Infuriated I denied his request vehemently. But what he told me made me reconsider.

She stopped here and sipped her wine as the chill bumps lifted on her skin. The horrible fear he had installed in her was still there. The weapon he used to make her do something that she would have never dreamed possible. She set the glass down and continued, considering her words carefully.

Vladamer informed me that if I did not give him such a child, that he would start with the Queen, and Aly and go through everyone that means anything to me and snatch them as he had James. Bringing them to the underworld to torment and torture them. He let me see James and my stomach turned. For he had experimented upon James body and mind in his evil ways and completely contorted and misformed his body and broken his mind. I was devastated. My heart actually pained me to see him so. Then he took him from my sight and demanded a decision from me. What could I do. I could have attacked him then and there but we stood upon his territory, his comfort zone with his armies. I was almost sure I would not be able to call upon the light. I decided to keep those close to me safe, it was the only way. Therefore I conceded to his request and the deed was done. But evil being what it is, he tricked me once more. A cleric of sorts, perhaps the equivalent of a holyman was in attendance at the consumation and while the fowl demon planted his seed, he made me repeat outloud my consent in words he chose. Then as it was over, a ring of skulls appeared upon my finger and he announced that it had been a wedding ceremony and that I had given consent to be his wife. Securing the bond that would make sure the child was seen to term. I was furious and of course I do not recognize the laws and ways of the underworld and of evil, so I will not accept that I am wed. Especially not to such a fowl creature of Satan. I have found that in this world, the ring does not show..unless under certain circumstances and I shall not reveal that upon this parchment. I pray no one will ever know of it.

She sighed having made it through the printing upon paper the horrible nightmare she had endured.

And so I carry the child of my worst enemy within me. I do not know if I can keep this secret long. No one knows in Solurius. Mother must have sensed it as she approached me right after I returned to the group with what is left of James Napier. And of course she would have told Trajan. Father sent me through the portal last with only himself to save. I know not where he is now but I think perhaps he does survive. He did not know of the child within me and I hope him never to find out for he will never forgive me I fear and will be so ashamed of me that he will want nothing to do with me. At least he cannot send me away this time. The burden of shame is heavy within myself but what else could I do? My quandry now is what I will say when the child can no longer be kept a secret within me. I have been told that to kill this child will indeed be my own death. I do not fear that for myself so much as for what I have yet to accomplish in my destiny. I do not know if the Light will still look to me favorably and lend me its powers when needed but I am sure I shall soon find out. For now, I will try to piece my life together. Lucky and James are here now with me and funny but I find solace in each of them in different ways. My heart is so very sorrowful and marred for James Napier will never be the man he was and there is no to blame but myself. I could not even save him from this fate though at least his torture is over by Vladamer. Now I have to move on in my life and make decisions that I never wanted to make. My how things have changed.

She placed her quill down. She finished her wine as she reread her words. Then she closed the journal, placing it now into a lock box and making sure it was secured, she slipped it into its new hiding spot in the top of the wardrobe then sighing, she would crawl between the sheets of her own bed, thankful for the sleep she knew would come easy....she just didn't realize what lay within that state of semi unconsciousness. Had she known, she would have never closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Eighth Day of February In The Year Of Our Queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Feb 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Kyriah was excited about her meeting with the Royals and Aly. It had been a very successful meeting in her opinion. Kyriah would light the candle then pull from the drawer her quill and ink. Then she sat about putting thoughts to paper as a matter of record.

I had the King and his lovely Queen to my castle two nights back. I invited Aly as well. I put out there the hopes and dreams I have for SeaCrest and I think they could see the advantage to my plan. Though I did not see the counter proposal from the King coming at all. Still, it is a good idea. I shall indeed meet with Rennie and Meren and see if they will come to agreement. If so, I could actually see Solurius and SeaCrest on the world map as the place to come for well bred, well trained, ready to sell, buy, or trade capitol for horse business. With each barony's expertise, combined with the horse facilities, trainers, handlers and the expansion of the ports for import and export in SeaCrest, I truly think this could work. I know there is much to be worked out and I dare not get over zealous with the idea but if ever these lands have had an opportunity to grow it is now. It is because of me that the land was raped and it's people terrorized and many killed by Krynn's demons. Perhaps, in a small way, this will help. It is all I know to do.

I continue to learn from Troya what needs to be learned in order to fulfill my purpose to the light. And I have tried to distance my personal interest in him but I find it difficult. Even knowing that it could come to a battle between us in the future for the right to exist and the balance that must be kept. Still, he seems to know what I need most and when I need it. Perhaps it is just a game to him. Perhaps it is just a game to me. Still, it continues. We shall see where it leads.

Aly has been so supportive and actually listened to my ravings now for so long that I think she is actually beginning to have pride in my works. Kyriah would snicker and keep the smile as she thought of Aly. I find myself caring deeply for the Admiral. She has shown such kindness and yet she is not afraid to be stern with me. Like my father was. She has told me much about him. I can see why they were close friends.

There is a buzz in Solurius......a new buzz. One of growth, one of industry. The smiles are more frequent and the suspicion of empending doom much less. I shall do everything in my power to keep this movement forward going. At least while I reside here.

Written by my hand on this the 8th day of the second month of our Queen 1468.

Baroness Kyriah Reinhardt

She reread her writings then put her writing tools away and locked her book away in its drawer. She walked across her bedroom to the french doors and peered out into the darkness. "You may have interrupted these lands once, but you will not do it again."
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: 24th Day of the New Year in Year of Our Queen 1468   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Kyriah would fnish absorbing the water from her freshly washed hair, with the soft towel. She would sit in front of the looking glass and comb the long strands out, keeping eye contact with herself in the mirror. Her mind taking in all that had occured in the last cycle of the moon phases. Satisfied with her hair, she moved to her writing desk that was near enough the hearth to help dry her long locks as she wrote in her journal.

It has been long since I have taken up the pen but so much has come and gone and still goes in my life. My trip during Yule worked out well for me. Though as I was leaving the kingdom, I found myself, once again, within the company of the demon named Troya. Only it seemed he was not expecting to see me but another of his own kind. One that obviously he does not hold in great friendship. I still think I might have been set up, for when the other demon arrived, he appeared to trap Troya under the earth and I was left to battle this demon from the underwold. It was a fierce battle indeed but through discovery of a new tool I possess with the light, I did manage his defeat. And Troya would feel it necessary to comment.

I have learned that he has a goal in which he works for and I have decided that I can use that to my advantage. Since I am destined to destroy the powers of the underworld and he comes from the underworld and wishes his kind out of his way, I took the chance to present a proposal to him. I presented that if he tutored me in the best ways to kill or defeat a demon, then it would benefit him. As I battle and defeat demons, they will be demons he does not have to battle in order to achieve his own goals and means. I did not think he would accept the offer but to my surprise and advantage, he has agreed. Already we work on skills that will greatly increase my chances of victory over the dark. And his teaching style is quite adequate in these subjects. However, in the process I let my defense drop and in doing so, experienced just how dngerous he can be. In my lack of concentration, I allowed him to show me what it is to be prey. It was the most exciting and intense fear that I have ever experienced. But in doing so, he informed me that I have the blood of an angel running through my veins. I cannot help but think he must be mistaking as I know of no angel heritage within the bloodline. Though it does prompt me. I shall be researching such a possiblity. I noted how it affected him though. I do not think he could handle a large dose of such angelic blood though he seemed to recover quickly from the small dose. What truly surprised me is that he said he knew of the danger before he chose to expose this new sensation to me and knew it would harm him and yet....he still went through with it. I must keep my focus around him for not knowing exactly why, he definately distracts me. I look forward to the next lesson on demonology and how to defeat my enemies.

Aly has announced a new business within the Moors. Horse racing. I find this intriguing though I have never been involved in such a business before. I shall ask her more about the venture for I and my staff have built quite a fine hold of equines and perhaps would consider participating in this new venture.

There will be a wedding in the Moors soon. Michael and Meren will soon be joined as one. I respect the Duchess greatly though I have not had the opportunity to know her well. And Michael...well, he has become like an older brother to me whether I wish it or not. Though I must admit, I find it quite agreeable. He is a good man. I will consider attending the wedding in my approval of the union.

I have met Diana, Michaels daughter. She seems a kind soul and though quiet in manner, the wisdom she holds at such a young age shows through her eyes. I have yet to form an opinion of this one.

Nightwind is sound and SeaCrest's population is growing. The countinghouse is holding through the winter so far. The staff seem happy and food is abundant for all in the barony. I shall soon launch a winter journey across SeaCrest to make sure all are faring well. I heard rumor that the MacRavens, deep on the border of SeaCrest have had a bit of misfortune. I shall ride there first to see what I can do to help.

Signed this the 25th day of of the new year, 1468

Kyriah Reinhardt Baroness SeaCrest
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyriah's Journal   Kyriah's Journal IconbWed Dec 03, 2008 2:24 pm

On the second day of December in the year of our Queen 1467

So much time had passed since Kyriah had written in her journal. Such a different time now. Kyriah picked up her quill and as she remenisced about what had come and gone since her last writing.

I write today as a matter of record for as a Baroness, I know it to be important. Devon was a great disappointment as Farris confirmed that he was unstable mentally. Though confirmation was not needed once the truth was revealed. His attempt on my life and the taking of a life of another was proof enough. Still, I have fond memories of the young times of meeting this man and nothing will change the fact that he is a Master builder with skill few could surpass. I will miss him but if I ever find him, he will have to be locked away.

I am in battle off and on with Vladamer. A demon so vial that one could smell his evil from a long ways off. He does not move to kill me but to haunt me. Unfortunately, he has no qualm with killing those I care for. I am on constant watch for him these days. He is a strong demon or he would be nonexistant as I write this. But I am confident, he will miss a step soon and I will be the victor. I just hope it is before anyone that I care for gets hurt. Already, I suspect that James Napier has fallen victim to him. Trajan, Aly, myself and mother will leave shortly to pursue his rescue. I do not have good feelings on this quest but it must be done.

My dreams are getting worse. There is another entity that haunts me as well. ONe far different from any demon I have faced. This one I think is superior to the underlords and seems to somehow have a role in my destiny or in guiding me in my destiny. It is very hard to make sense of but he will not stay out of my dreams. I do not like to sleep much these days. I dare not tell Aly for she will insist upon the healer's help to sleep and I cannot afford to be distracted at this time.

The King has moved his men into SeaCrest to build the most glorious roads for transport. I must say that they know their stuff. I have called many of SeaCrests people to come and volunteer to help. Most very grateful to help as it will mean free trade will made easier. I myself have been in the ditches with them, helping to lay the stone surface, though it does not really look like stone to me. But I think it will withhold through the cold winter months and the warm days of summer. All roads will lead to Stone Point as it is the largest village in SeaCrest. It has earned it's place for sure.

Kyriah stopped and quickly gave a few seconds to recall the horrors that Stone Point had endured during the demon wars and to realize just how far it had come in its recovery though the scars would always remain.

There is yet another Demon that has entered the lands of Solurius that I am very leery of though I know he did not come in search of me. Though I think he enjoys toying with me. I do not trust him. Unfortunately, the royals and Aly seem to have taken a liking to him. I shall steer clear when I can but if he does anything to hurt the people of these lands, he will die quickly. If I can defeat him. I know I should not question it but I cannot help it. He is very, powerful. I think perhaps he has lived thousands of years. And probably taken many souls of the light. But I will not run from him nor turn my back.

Written this date by the hand of Baroness Kyriah Reinhardt.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: August 24th in the Year of Our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Aug 24, 2008 4:18 pm

It had been months since Kyriah had logged in her journal. So much had happened and so quickly, but now it seemed she needed a release to gather her thoughts. She sat at the table, candle lit and quill and ink close by. At first she just stared at the tools of writing and then slowly picked the quill up and dipped it's point into the ink. Then she would set it to parchment to try and figure it all out.

It has been long since I have tried to put down the happenings within my life upon paper. I do so now to help clear what is real and what is imagined.

Devon turned out to surpise and sadden us all for he was proven to be the murderer of the young lass that haunted me. How could I have been so naive as to think he was... Here she would stop the quill and think of her words then continue ...normal. It seems the poor soul is torchered by illness of the mind and poisoned by the memory of Rebecca. I think he may have had a hand in the death of his beloved Rebecca though the illness most likely a factor in that as well. Faris was reluctant but a key factor in arriving at the truth at last. His heart is broken and he mourns for his son's demise. Devon was placed within the cell of the dungeon waiting for transport to the Mental Hospital but before it could happen, a newcomer to the lands, an evil one, released him. He has attempted contact with me but once but it was horrible and dangerous. He escaped yet a second time. I pray for his soul and hope he finds no other victim before we can find him. Kyriah would dip the quill once again as she sighed, truly sorry that Devon had turned out to be such a disappointment. Still she held memories of the good that was left in him in their first meetings. The ache in her heart was lessened now but not gone. Such a disappointment.

The one to release him, I am told, is a demon from the underworld who seems to have his sights on me. All of the prisoners were released and there has been hell to pay since. I prayed this day would not come but it has. She found her hand to be shaking slightly and had to stop for several breaths. My heart aches that so many have suffered because of this stupid curse that fate has burdened me with. Vladamer is trhe most evil creature I have encountered and the most cunning. Even the pirate...James Napier has been a victim of Vladamer's tricks to get to me. So many deaths. Mother and Trajan have come to warn me and to help.

She thought about Trajan a moment. The demon warrior has proved to be quite a source of information for me in all this. He has saved my arse several times now and vows to fight with me to rid me and SeaCrest of Vladamer, but in the end, we both know it is my fight and I alone must battle the underworld once more. She gave thought to Aisling. Mother appeared with Trajan in human form and as long as he is within close range of her, she can keep the form but to my surprise, she is pregnant with the demon warrior's child. I quake to think what shall be the result when the child is born. Already, she is acting very strange as of late. I cannot say just as how but there is a sinister smile upon her face always and lately she has seemed a bit...mischievious.

She would ink again and think once more upon her life. Capt'n Napier has turned out to be much more than I had first observed. I cannot explain the way I feel at ease or even connected to him but it is different than any feeling I have sensed before. I have tried to ignore it but it grows. I will not be fooled so easily this time for I have much larger issues to deal with.

And that was where she thought she should stop. Putting the quill down she started to close the ink and extinguish the light then picked up the quill once more to add a bit more.

I thank the Gods for Aly MacDraven and the friendship she has shown me. I thank the Gods for Trajan and even my mother who have helped me through these times, though I question what will come of it. And I thank the Gods for the Majesties and their loyal subjects for their generosity and offer of friendship as well. I will not forget. Now if I can only keep them safe from Vladamer.

It was then that she stopped, doused the light and slid in between the welcoming sheets of her bed. Before she closed her eyes, she whispered, "May the Gods and Goddesses protect us all."
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: ((ooc))   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Jun 15, 2008 11:56 pm

((okay, I know you all think I have lost my mind or Kyriah has lost hers. It seems that I left out some very important information about the reason our captain is once again locked up. So I will give it to you in OOC. sorry about that. I guess I have been a bit distant lately. Okay here goes. The captain and his men were free as long as no citizen of seacrest was harmed. Kyriah was awakened by a soulful mourning ghost who called her to follow. She did and found the body of that same said ghost. A young lass in her early 20's. Kyriah found her on the side of a path, beaten, throat cut and most likely abused in all ways. Anyways, she also found the Capt's frock at the seen, beside the body. It was a very big commotion. She would storm to his room and once she found which was his, she cold cocked him in the jaw. Now Kyriah thinks him guilty so she feels justified. Then when he did not defend himself, knowing that Kyriah had already made up her mind, she jailed him. He told his men to fix the ship and leave this place. Sorry I left out that bit of information. Now on with the show.))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: June 15 in the year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Jun 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Kyriah would find a moment before retiring to her bed to write in her journal. She would prepare and then sit there and stare out the doors that led to the balcony of her room. Finally she would begin to write.

If I thought the captive pirate captain was a curiosity before, now he is even more so. I have been very bothered by a question...why would one so amoured by the sea, do something that would surely lead to him never riding the waves again. I have begun to doubt my immediate conclusions. He never tried to defend himself. When I went to see the jailed pirate, James Napier, fearless pirate, had drawn a likeness to the sea upon the stone walls of his confines including a proud ship upon her waves, all with a stone's edge. I was impressed but even a bit more convinced that I needed answers. Not that I care if he lives or dies, only that if I have performed an injustice, I should like to set it right. However, when I tried to give him an opportunity to address the situation and answer my questions, our most foolish captain told me I could .... I will not repeat the words here upon this page but it was not a proper thing to say. I was insulted by his disrespect and a tad excited at his bravery, but appalled by his stupidity. I am afraid our Pirate Captain will do nothing to save his own neck so he shall have to endure the consequences. I will speak to Aly soon on his behalf to schedule his day before magistrate. I have seen the men working upon the ship night and day. Perhaps the end of this nightmare is soon to come.

Kyriah would stop and walk over to the doors and pull them open. The cool summer breeze would blow past her, picking up strands of hair and dancing them, then softly putting them back in place. A few moments and then she would return to the quill and ink.

Devon Gentry made a dinner for me two nights back. It was very nice. His cottage is very warm and friendly and his ability to cook is very evident. A delightful meal in all. Devon had several questions for me as I did for him. I want so very much to know more about him. I was a little hesitant to answer some of his questions for they were a bit personal but I trust Devon. Well as much as I can I guess. I am not very good at it but it does seem a bit easier with Devon.
Perhaps now that we have shared so much, it will become easier for me and for Devon. He is beginning to open up more to me. And I think of him often.

Kyriah would stare at the candle's flame as she considered anything else.

The Queen still stays within Avalon's mists and she is greatly missed. I know her return will be celebrated by the masses but none more so than the King. I cannot wait myself to visit with her and his majesty once more. I am beginning to feel more as if I am apart of this land and of these people. Not in a large capacity but in minor ways...I am beginning to feel like it is home.

With the last line written, Kyriah would blow out the candle and thinking the head of the guards would be angry at her, she left the doors wide open anyways, to keep the cool breeze. The sliding in between her sheets, she would let the end of this day pass by.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: June 9 in the year of Our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbMon Jun 09, 2008 10:41 pm

:::Having taken care of the matter in the kitchen, Kyriah would return and pick up her quill again as she read her last lines.:::

Master Devon truly stays in my mind. His actions are so unpredictable. I felt so badly about the way we parted last that I had Faris and the cooks arrange a special dinner in the garden. The evening started out well and he even apologized to me for his actions shortly after arriving. I too apologized and we agreed to a new start. I told him I had a surprise and led him with eyes shut to the garden. He truly seemed surprised and delighted as we sat for our meal. Then as we dined and he was asking me about my thoughts on children and then suddenly he became distant. I tried to figure out what I had said to distance him but I cannot. I think it must have something to do with this estranged Rebecca and his life with her but I cannot be sure as he chooses not to speak of it. He had but just finished his meal before he stood, bid me farewell and he was gone. I still know not what I did to push him so far away. But if a short but pleasant dinner is a start, I shall take it. I do value his friendship.

Then as I sat there trying to figure it out, that arrogant Capt James Napier, snuck up on me and about scared me out of my wits. Though I suspect he might not have meant to startle me. But he did and I jostled my wine and it spilled upon my favorite dress. I was furious. I can't even remember now what I said but I am sure it was not good. I immediately removed myself from his presence.

Still, he lingers in my mind..mostly as a curiosity. I just think the quicker he completes his part of the agreement, the better for all in SeaCrest. But still...

::She scratched out the last two words and would close the journal, closed the ink well and cleaned the quill before extinguishing the candle. She would prepare for bed and slip between the cool of the sheets. Her small chuckle would break the silece before sleep finally came::::
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: June 9 in the year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbMon Jun 09, 2008 9:37 pm

::Kyriah finally found more ink in the downstairs office and made sure to take it with her when she went to her room the next evening. Opening the journal, she would reread her last words and begin once again.:::

And if that was not enough...SeaCrest was invaded somewhat by a runaway pirate ship.

While speaking with Faris about Devon, Ellie came running in with the claim of a sea battle going on just inside the borders of SeaCrest's water rights. We all ran to see what was amiss. The flames of light from the cannons were very visible in the dimness but the mist was lowering over the water and it ended quickly.

When I was asked what we do, I realized that this was a big part of being the Baroness. So I ordered two gunned ships out to the edge of the mist, for one ship had gone its way but the other had last been seen coming inland. Our ships were to escort it in and ascertain who it's captain was. As the ships reached their destination, the ghostly pirate ship sideswiped one of our ships and barreled at an alarming speed into the harbor towards the docks.

I ordered all present to abandoned the docks quickly as I did myself, only turning when I heard the crash. I saw its captain give order to throw anchor. It was obvious his ship was wounded and he had no real control.

He stood upon its bow with one leg propped up and head held high as if with pride. He did not even move accept to hold on to a beam to steady his noble position. And when his ship plowed through the SeaCrest docks and wood cracked and splintered and was thrown hard about, he still kept his poise as a proud captain. Even as his own precious Belladonna cracked under the pressure of the rocks as they jetted out from the beach, and the main mast fell to its deck; he still held his chin high.

He is a man that is quite nice to look at for his features would catch any woman's eye, and his determination was impressive, but his blue eyes would give him away. I knew he would be trouble. As I figured, the arrogance and disrespect of the one and only "Captain James Napier," the Captain of Disaster himself, would not answer my questions. He boldly walked about my office as if putting value to everything inside for future use. Then he offered no apology for his actions either. I threatened his incarceration for the rest of his life - he thought that a bit steep but still would not answer my questions. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and added onto his charges, the endangerment of my people and then gave order that he and his men be locked up.

It was not until the next day that I spoke with him again. I went to the dungeons to see if he had changed his mind. Exasperating was the experience. He would ask to exercise his legs by walking the NightWind grounds. I laughed at first but saw opportunity. So I offered the walk as my escort if he answered my questions and offered a formal apology. He agreed. HA! He warned me to never trust a pirate, right before he bested my guards and tossing me one of there swords, challenged me to a duel.

I was forced to obliged. And I held my own for sometime though my training is much more intense with daggers. Unfortunately, he is a better swordsman than myself. In the end, we reached an agreement. He and his men would walk as free men among NightWind as they repair their boat, not harming any of our citizens and abiding by our laws, and then they in return will repair the docks. With both swords scissored at my neck, and under great duress, I agreed. But I also warned him that I had heard you should never trust a woman.

His men are watched night and day though discreetly and I have some of my most trusted men assisting him in his repairs and will continue on the docks to make sure there are no plans of evil doing in the works. Time will tell. In the meantime, they stay within the castle as my so called, guests. I can keep eye to them as well with them here.

::A knock at the door would interrupt Kyriah's writing once more and she would pause to take care of whatever situation was needing her attention. She hoped it was not the Captain or his men.:::

((tbc))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: June 8 in the year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Jun 08, 2008 4:13 pm

:::Kyriah would light the candle on the table and pull the journal near. Thinking a moment before entering her thoughts.:::

It has been long since I have recorded my thoughts upon these pages. It is with great challenge that I do so now, for so much has happened in SeaCrest. In some ways, it is much more difficult to continue on as Baroness of SeaCrest than it is to hunt and kill demons for the light. Though there is an element of adventure to it, I think I must be suited more for killing demons.

A very handsome Spaniard has shown up at my door, named Raul. His English spoken in broken fragments. Whence I finally derived his meaning for being here, it was for work. To explain to me what it was he wished to be employed as, he would take me to a private room, and laying a thick blanket upon a table, he would ask that I undress and lay upon it. I was not open to this at first but he would assure me, all in broken English that he wished only to ease the tension in my muscles using his hands. I later found out the term used to describe his work as masseuse. Being of a rather curious nature, I complied, covering my body with a sheet. To my amazement, the man seemed to know every muscle in my body and just how to make it relax. I knew the pressures were building within my body but had no idea they could be released by such a method. I have never met anyone with such talent.

I must have fallen asleep for I received a visit from Cal while laying upon the table. I will not go into detail here on paper but Caliban visited my mind to warn me of danger, I am sure of it. When I came back to my senses, Raul was satisfying a very primal need of mine as well. I have never run across anyone with that level of skill at pleasing a woman's body. Well, possibly one. Though I did not stop him, I did feel quite confused once satisfied. But considered his hire indeed possible. ::she paused here to lightly recall the time spent with Raul and with a tingle, quickly dismiss it.:::

That is...until gossiping staff would reach Devon's ears.

I so did not expect the reaction from him that he put forth. Devon attacked Raul, who was more than ready to return Devon's aggressive behavior. It took myself to split them as the 3 workers that were present could not. I hated to expose my fighting abilities but it was necessary. Once separated, the second time, Devon expressed to me that he thought me to be a whore. The way he said it was condemning and I was so very surprised to find that my heart was deeply pained even more than my ire ws lit. I realized just how important Devon's friendship has become to me.

Raul is no longer in SeaCrest nor is he a member of my staff. Caliban's warning of danger to come makes me wonder why this Spanish master of pleasure showed upon my door. Perhaps I am feeling a bit of paranoia but if not, I still believe it to be the best decision.

And if that was not exciting enough...

::Kyriah's ink well had almost been dry when she started and now it would support no more. She would look for more only to find she was out. Yawning, she would rise with the promise of finding more ink in the morning and finishing her thoughts. She would lean over and blow out the candle.:::

(too be cont.))
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: May 26 in Year of Our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbMon May 26, 2008 3:03 pm

I pen this entry with such excitement as to never be able to express upon parchment. Devon, Master Gentry, revealed a surprise to me today that truly forced the breath right out of me. He has finished the Roman bathhouse at the far end of the garden. It is enormous in size. But the most extraordinary sight to behold is the art that has been placed within. The colors are warm and inviting. The entrance took my breath for there is above you, the most intricate and sensual mosaic of frolicking nymphs and wood sprites. Devon explained to me that they respresent the four seasons but one would not miss the feeling of arousal in the delicate display. I must say, I do find it quite appealing.
But as beautiful as the mosaic is, it was the main room where I truly found the most perfect of all it's gifts. I have yet to understand Devon Gentry for as little as he knows of me, he seems to know my most precious treasures. As I brought my eyes upon the warm waters of the pool, that emitted a light cloud of steam, I gazed upon an Ivory face of my father. Master Gentry entrusted one James Tearney to sculpt a wondeful likeness of my parents. Da stands proud and strong in full dress as if guarding those in the pool. I could almost feel his energy when I touched him. My mother is at his side looking to him. I feel less enthusiastic with her though the likeness was perfection. The carvings are done skillfully and yet retain a human aspect as well. I should like to meet this man named Tearney. He constructed a sculpture of the royals as well and the Admiral too. Aly will be so pleased. There is another, a great warrior that dons a lion upon his tunic and an open sword in his hand. I shall have to ask Aly about him for I know him not.

Devon showed me more, a place for changing that is well placed and then there was yet another surprise that he would present. My own private bath done beautifully in natural rock and wood. I cold see that great care was taken in making sure it was as private and comfortable as it could be. I was overwhelmed. And it is in a position to connect to my private wing of the castle through a tunnel. That is when I almost felt his lips upon my own but it was not to be. His father, a very dear man, one Feris Gentry, appeared behind us. Though his arrival was a bit intrusive, the sight of him pleases me. A delightful man and he had come looking for work. I guess Devon was supposed to speak to me of it but we had yet to discuss it. He offered to see to the task of domestic activities at the castle. I thought it a wonderful idea. I have broken memories of another that did the same when I was but a small child. I have yet to remember his name though.

Feris Gentry shall move to the castle immediately and begin his duties here. I know it shall be a good decision.

The people of SeaCrest have touched a heart that I did not think could be penetrated by anyone. I can see why my father loved them so and they my father. I can only pray that if my destiny is to be here in Solurius, that I too can earn their love and trust. I guess we shall see.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: May 7 in the year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbWed May 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Just when I thought all would begin to ease up from all the delays, we have had a major accident. I was in the garden planting when I heard a loud noise and saw plumes of dusty debree shoot from the castle. Seems a pulley used to lift stone to the tower broke and swung into the tower, knocking out a large area and bringing it raining down on the workers. Master Gentry was among them. We lost some good men and others were wounded. Thank goodness Devon was not mortally wounded.

I have been an emotional wreck inside with all that has happened. I question still my ability to see this through and to be a Baroness but with Aly's help and the advice of Master Gentry, I will stay until NightWind is completed. Then we shall see. I must admit, he put things rather plainly so that I could see it clearly. Oh and I met his father as well. A nice elderly man. I wonder why Devon never speaks of him. And who in the hell is Rebecca?

There was a celebration this past eve called Beltane. I have heard of it but never attended one. I guess I did not listen well enough for it was a new experience for sure. I stayed back in the shadows and watched mainly. It started out wonderfully with drinking and eating and then the fire and the Goddess spoke and the dancing and then more dancing... It was delightful to watch. But then I learned a little more about Beltane as the clothes began to come off. Then couples began to leave and well..interesting to say the least. I would never admit it but it was very heartwarming to see the love between Caille and Mel. Perhaps this Beltane isn't so bad afterall.

Well we have buried our dead and cleaned up our mess and tomorrow starts the work where we left off on the castle. A weight is lifted for sure. I will pray it all goes well from here on out and for the families of those that lost their lives in the rebuilding of this wonderous castle.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: April 28 in the year of our Queen 1465   Kyriah's Journal IconbMon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Praise given to the Gods for the sunshine. It rained for several more days before the sun has finally graced us for nigh on a week. It took two days to start running supplies again as the wagons kept bogging down in the mud. But all is better now though I have been told that the rainy season stays for awhile in SeaCrest. Perhaps this year it will be a bit dry.

I am so very excited to have found my mother's last journal. Duchess Meren, myself and her Majesty Caillie searched down in the lowest floor of the Sheehan Tower and there we found it in a secret room. It was quite an adventure since that part of the castle had obviously been closed off since mother's leaving of this world. I don't think the Duchess will waste anytime in getting that area cleaned and aired out and if I know the woman any at all, I would say she will find away to filter the sun down even to the levels below.

The journal is exactly what I thought it would be. Mother's notes on her work she did with the dead. I didn't really believe or want to believe she did such but after looking through some of it and talking a bit to Caille, I think that just maybe, my mother was very much living in a future time. I can see where her work will only grow more popular and in demand for healers such as herself. I never thought of her like that before. I just wish she could have stopped working sometime and just been a mother.

I will send the journals now to have them copied and present the Duchess with a set of all of Mother's notes, drawings, and explanations. Perhaps Meren will understand them much better than myself, though I find them fascinating.

I have not seen Master Gentry for I think he avoids me as well as I have come to avoid him. Maybe better for I cannot find him anywhere.

The new chef of NightWind has come to stay in a portion of the castle that has been completed. She is settling in and for the first time, I was served a full meal cooked by her on the eve of two days prior. Lady Val was so right when she referred her to me. She is very, very good. Worthy of being a student to the Mistress Chefess of the castle. But I fear I may need to have a bit of a discussion about her dressess. The woman has quite the figure and tends to reveal much when in the castle. I fear the men will get nye on any work done from keeping their eyes to her. But then again, it is a safety issue as well.

I wonder what is going on with my Mother now. She had been on my mind alot since the adventure to find the journal. I can't help but think maybe I have missed something. I have to wonder if she still stands by Trajan's side with a smile or if that has come to pass. I think I wish her happiness though I still have ill feelings when I recall her part in my life. Perhaps these people of the Moors will teach me how to forgive
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: April 19th In The Year Of Our Queen 1465   Kyriah's Journal IconbMon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 pm

My heart aches at the slow down of the progress that was coming along so well. It seems the rain falls quickly here in SeaCrest this time of year. Two days ago, it started raining and has been raining ever since. This has stopped much of the work on NightWind. I suppose the workers needed a rest anyways as they have been pushed hard in the months that have passed. Perhaps the sun will grace us tomorrow and begin the drying out of the lands.

Aly must be out of the realm for I have tried to reach her but with to avail for several days. I wanted to start discussions of the materials that I want brought in for the bath house. I should speak with Master Gentry first but wanted to find out more about the shipping of the materials and their cost and the time it would take. Perhaps then when we talk, I will have answers to questions he might have and the meeting will be no longer than it has to be.

Such an infuriating man he is. But he has agreed to stay on and complete the projects asked of him. This discussed after I offered a truce and yes even an apology the other night for my behavior at the lunch meal. That aplogy was so difficult and the man had the nerve to ask me to repeat it twice. I shall burn in hell with the demons before that happens again. I shall just have to watch my temper around him so there will be no need. Although, I can't seem to get him out of my mind. Why?

I shall go to see the Duchess Meren tomorrow for assistance in finding Mother's third journal. I do hope she knows where it might be found. I will have the 3 journals copied so that the Duchess may benefit from Mother's experience if possible.

I am glad I have seen no shadow demons within Solurius since I have been here. Either the demons have yet to find me here or they still plan their move. I know eventually they will locate me. I will have no choice but to leave if they should. I will not risk the lives of the people of Solurius. The majesties have had enough trouble because of me though they do not hold it against me that I can tell. Still, these are good people and do not wish to cause them pain.

The night has fallen and the rain continues, I can only hope that it stops by dawn.

Last edited by XvXKyriahXvX on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : font size)
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: April 13 in the year of our Queen 1465   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 pm

My thoughts are that NightWind should be completed by the Summer Solstice. That is if I do not take the life of one Master Devon Gentry before that time. Aly came as promised to help me to make my peace with the gent but in a mistake of judgement, I drank a little too much wine at lunch. I could not help myself. He makes me so nervous though I wouldn't know why. It all seemed to be going well until we sat for lunch.

It seems Master Gentry tried to not show his distaste for my presence but I could feel the underlying resentment towards me. I thought perhaps if I slipped out for a moment (and a good bit of wine) that I might find a way to escape his sarcasm and how it makes me feel. But I was wrong, for when I returned, my mind was a bit fuzzy and my words did not seem to come out the way they appeared in my mind.

Then, when I asked Aly of the two unmarked graves near the treeline of the woods, and she spoke of one called Victoria and tried to explain it, Master Gentry had the nerve to assume my father had a mistress. How absurd, and in my altered condition, I would proceed to order him to leave. Without thought to how the castle would suffer from his absence even.

I do not think he took me seriously or perhaps Aly made sure he did not for I know he still continues to work diligently in his duties at NightWind. I have avoided him as best I can for I would not know what to say. I know I over reacted to the inquiry of his assumption but my father would never take a mistress and hurt my mother so. And anyone who is anyone in the Moors and all of Solurius would know this. Even now I feel my blood boil just thinking of such.

After I left them so abruptly, I stumbled out to the graves. I do not know who this Victoria was, only that she was betrothed to my father long before my mother and he met. Why Caliban is buried next to her, I have no idea. Why would my mother agree to this? She was such a very unusual woman. Sometimes I think I never really knew her at all.

Both stones were missing from the graves and I shall I think have a memorial built for Caliban's grave. Gods I miss him so. My memories seem stronger of him than anyone, aside from Papa of course. I still feel the guilt heavy in my heart for my brother's death. If I were not who I am, the demons would not have come and he would still live today. He was so good and kind. I wish I could see his face and hear his laughter once more. He can still hear him call me Ky. That I do remember. No one else has ever done that.

Well, I should close this posting of the journal as the candle grows short and I should try to sleep. Tomorrow, I shall go to the Duchess Meren and ask permission to complete the task of clearing Mother's belongings from the Sheehan Tower.

Oh and one last thought, I have commissioned Master Gentry to build a roman bath house in the southwest corner of the gardens. That was before I walked out on him and the Admiral. Aly has agreed to allow me to order the marble and other materials from her. I only hope that Master Gentry stays long enough to complete the job. In order for that to happen, I shall avoid him as much as possible. I still need him to finish his work here and the other workers need his direction.

I only hope that I can learn to be a Baroness and that my people will come to trust and respect me. I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: April 2 in the Year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbSat Apr 05, 2008 7:55 pm

What am I doing here? Papa, why would you ask such an impossible task of me? I am a slayer not a Baroness.

Maybe I should slay Master Gentry. I told him exactly what I wanted in the mile high stairway in NightWind yet he defied my wishes and built it as he saw fit.

After talking to Aly and the Royals, I realize that the 3 steps he chose to leave out ... might .... have been a good idea for the safety of the structure but to defy my orders before the other workers and to turn his back to me when I spoke to him was more than I could stand. His work maybe excellent and the others may respect him but I certainly do not have to put up with such insubordination. Had I not been so angry and felt the eyes upon me, I would have terminated him from his duties and ousted him from SeaCrest. But the people of my land would not have understood I fear and would have followed him. I saw their expressions and hidden smirks as Master Gentry refused my direction. And in such an uncaring way. He never even raised his voice but yet he made me to feel powerless. Unlike my temper that flares easily, he seemed so confident but defiant none the less.

The royals suggested Aly come and mediate the situation between us. Maybe it will work and maybe it will not. It is principle that I stand on and he will just have to accept that.

Though, all else aside...the man does have a most incredible body and his eyes seem to look...

What am I doing? I will cease these thoughts immediately and never think upon them again and he will take my orders or he will leave.

What a day it has been. And to top it off, in the Ales and Tales...a demon appears. I knew him as such the instant he entered. I could feel the adranaline heat in my blood and I wanted to protect those within the tavern immediately but Aly would stay my hand. She really is a very wise woman for the demon did no harm but as he looked in my direction, I could almost feel his challenge to me. I have no doubt he knew me for what I am. For Aly and for those within her establishment, I felt it best I leave. Perhaps he was only passing through but I shall keep a close eye out for it is my nature.

The day is done and I shall close this entry. Perhaps tomorrow things will not look so bleak. Maybe there is hope in the new day. I so want to see NightWind completed in all its glory. Maybe Papa will see from his heavenly place and maybe...just maybe it will be enough to earn his approval.
Back to top Go down
XvXKyriahXvX
Story Book Author

ME :

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: March 23 in the year of our Queen 1467   Kyriah's Journal IconbSun Mar 23, 2008 6:57 pm

The reconstruction of Nightwind is coming along nicely. The inner structure of the castle is almost complete and much of the outter walls as well. There is still much to do though. The rebuilding of the "mile high" staircase is in progress and I suspect Devon Gentry, the Master Mason will be supervising this project personally to recover the beauty of the original staircase. I find Master Gentry to be very competent and quite reasonable in his expectations of those working under him. He is older but he is still strong and refuses to simply supervise as he uses his hands to help the construction come along.

Their is a group of men that are painters, tile layers, carpenters, glaziers, ditchers and woodworkers that have been the back bone to this reconstruction. They are so organized and available to each other. With Master Gentry's orchestration, the construction comes along at an alarming pace. It is amazing to observe. I have myself become involved in many projects with them. It keeps me fit and I have learned much of the construction. I also counsel in areas of questions. Very fulfilling at days end.

With Nightwind at a stage of being habitable, I shall start moving my mothers things from the Castle to Nightwind. With the induction of Duchess Meren as the Commander of Healer's, she will no doubt take residence of mother's office and living space in the Sheehan Tower. I should want to clear it as quickly as possible.

The induction was very lovely for the Duchess. I have never experienced such a connection of closeness in so many. Gifts were bestowed, though I felt a bit awkward as I had no gift to give. But more than the ceremony, more than the gifts, the people surrounded Duchess Meren with genuine hope and best wishes. Perhaps someday I will earn such respect from these people. As did my mother and father.

At this stage of the reconstruction, I will surely need to find several to fill key positions at Nightwind. I have found from talking to the workers, both male and female, that most live in SeaCrest. If not in the keep then within the lands borders. I will soon make appointments to key positions on a permanent basis.

Most necessary will be the SeaCrest Brigade for security. I will speak with Ali for direction here. Then the operations and finance will need to be seen too quickly. I need to find a Chef or Chefess to hire all the kitchen workers and to oversee all preparations of meals. I shall speak to Lady Val for any recommendations. She will know who is most competent. If she were not such a favorite of our King, I might try to convince her to come to SeaCrest.

A master Blacksmith will also need to be hired for the castle itself and of course, a Clerk to manage the finances of Nightwind. Perhaps her Majesty would have suggestions for the this appointment.

An Alsman, a Reeve and a Baliff will need to be hired as well. So much to do yet. Father, give me strength to prevail for it is indeed an undertaking of great magnitude.

I have recently been disturbed by very haunting dreams of Trajan. I can only pray that he and my mother are well and safe and that the dreams are just merely because I can not see them for myself. I hope Her Majesty will call upon Mother soon. Then perhaps news will come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kyriah's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyriah's Journal   Kyriah's Journal Iconb

Back to top Go down

Kyriah's Journal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next